Quick History lesson

Well one, I am not a conservative, two, I don't believe in the right to vote, I don't even believe in electoral government.

You are just avoiding the question. why shouldn't you have to show an ID to vote?
I have stated it plainly. It is a completely unnecessary and useless hurdle. It does not stop voter fraud, but it does make it harder for citizens to vote.

Are they any words you need explained further to you to help you comprehend that?

What added bureaucracy? Why is it unnecessary, how do we know someone is eligible to vote?

In the last election we know that HUNDREDS of dead people voted. So claiming that the process of signing up is enough is clearly not true. I have to show my ID to buy alcohol, board an aircraft, and if stopped while driving. I see no reason a voter can not show ID.

Well one, I am not a conservative, two, I don't believe in the right to vote, I don't even believe in electoral government.

You are just avoiding the question. why shouldn't you have to show an ID to vote?
I have stated it plainly. It is a completely unnecessary and useless hurdle. It does not stop voter fraud, but it does make it harder for citizens to vote.

Are they any words you need explained further to you to help you comprehend that?

What added bureaucracy? Why is it unnecessary, how do we know someone is eligible to vote?
You see? You know nothing about the process. You don't even know how we know someone is eligible.

It's very simple: We know someone is eligible when they register to vote. That is when we verify their eligibility.

Registration is an existing process for verifying eligibility. If there is a problem with the verification process during registration, fix THAT since that is what is broken.

If dead people are voting, you simply need to fix the existing process. Remove people from the voter registration rolls when they die.

Simple.

In the last election we know that HUNDREDS of dead people voted. So claiming that the process of signing up is enough is clearly not true. I have to show my ID to buy alcohol, board an aircraft, and if stopped while driving. I see no reason a voter can not show ID.

The "I have to show my ID to buy beer" is one of the dumber arguments. Showing an ID to buy beer is the only way to establish someone is of proper age. You cannot prove Voter ID is the only means to prevent or stop the type of voter fraud which occurs.

In fact, Voter ID does NOT stop the type of voter fraud which occurs.

See post 489.

Lyndon Johnson did. The Majority of Northern Democrats did as well.

Ok, so what? the majority of democrats did not. Thats what this thread is about, democrat hypocrisy.

LBJ is also the dem who said: "....we will have the ******* voting democrat for the next 200 years". You think LBJ gave a shit about civil rights? LOL, all he cared about was democrat power--just like obama and the current crop of democrat hypocrites in DC.

Wrong again Sparky. We did the vote counts earlier. It's not even close.

And your LBJ quote is undocumented. But you knew that, right?

Maybe not.

Actually Pogo, it's quite well documented. Historians agree that the quote was in character for LBJ, and this the veracity of the quote has never been questioned. Even though you would be right that there is no corroborating evidence, but there is no evidence suggest he DIDN'T coin that phrase either:

Meet Ronald Kessler. An American journalist who authored a book called Inside the White House that was released back in 1996. In the book, he had a few quotations that Lyndon Johnson supposedly made aboard Air Force One that raised quite a few eyebrows. Now, first of all, let’s remember that we have only Kessler’s word to go on. No one has ever corroborated these quotations, so there is always the chance that they were simply made up, embellished, or taken grossly out of context. However, historians generally agree that the comments seem to be right in character for Johnson, and no one has really protested or questioned the authenticity of the comments.

“I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years. [Touting his underlying intentions for the "Great Society" programs, LBJ confided with two like-minded governors on Air Force One]”

― Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon Johnson, The N Word, and the Concept of the Democrat Plantation | Common Sense Conspiracy

Last edited:
Ok, so what? the majority of democrats did not. Thats what this thread is about, democrat hypocrisy.

LBJ is also the dem who said: "....we will have the ******* voting democrat for the next 200 years". You think LBJ gave a shit about civil rights? LOL, all he cared about was democrat power--just like obama and the current crop of democrat hypocrites in DC.

Maybe not.

Actually Pogo, it's quite well documented. Historians agree that the quote was in character for LBJ, and this the veracity of the quote has never been questioned. Even though you would be right that there is no corroborating evidence, but there is no evidence suggest he DIDN'T coin that phrase either:

Meet Ronald Kessler. An American journalist who authored a book called Inside the White House that was released back in 1996. In the book, he had a few quotations that Lyndon Johnson supposedly made aboard Air Force One that raised quite a few eyebrows. Now, first of all, let’s remember that we have only Kessler’s word to go on. No one has ever corroborated these quotations, so there is always the chance that they were simply made up, embellished, or taken grossly out of context. However, historians generally agree that the comments seem to be right in character for Johnson, and no one has really protested or questioned the authenticity of the comments.

“I'll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years. [Touting his underlying intentions for the "Great Society" programs, LBJ confided with two like-minded governors on Air Force One]”

― Lyndon B. Johnson

Thank you, that's exactly what I mean. One guy writing a book and "historians generally agree" that it "seems to be in character" does not a fact make. Not even close.
And you can hardly say its veracity has never been questioned -- that's exactly what I'm doing here, and I'm sure I'm not the first. Bottom line, undocumented.

Kind of like that Hitler gaffe the other day. Nomsayin'?

Last edited:
Prove Voter ID is the only means to stop or prevent the kind of voter fraud which occurs.

Otherwise you cannot possibly be a conservative when you demand more government for something so ineffective at achieving what you so foolishly THINK it would achieve.

Prove Voter ID is the only means to stop or prevent the kind of voter fraud which occurs.

False premise, it is A way to stop it.

Are you a "darkie fag"?

In the last election we know that HUNDREDS of dead people voted.

Link? If dead people are voting, I bet most are voting by absentee ballot, and Voter ID would do nothing to stop that.

As I said earlier, that is easily solved by removing dead people from voter registration rolls. No Voter ID required to fix it.

You see? You know nothing about the process. You don't even know how we know someone is eligible.

It's very simple: We know someone is eligible when they register to vote. That is when we verify their eligibility.

Registration is an existing process for verifying eligibility. If there is a problem with the verification process during registration, fix THAT since that is what is broken.

If dead people are voting, you simply need to fix the existing process. Remove people from the voter registration rolls when they die.

Simple.
How is their eligibility verified when they sign up to vote?

Otherwise you cannot possibly be a conservative when you demand more government for something so ineffective at achieving what you so foolishly THINK it would achieve.

Are you a "darkie fag"?

:lol:

You can't prove we actually need Voter ID.

As for my ethnicity, I am more Aryan than most of the Nazis in the world. And quite heterosexual.

It is revealing you think someone has to be a darkie or a fag to defend darkies and fags. That gives away the whole premise of the topic since the GOP is mostly white. :lol::lol:

Maybe not.

― Lyndon B. Johnson

Thank you, that's exactly what I mean. One guy writing a book and "historians generally agree" that it "seems to be in character" does not a fact make. Not even close.

Actually no. The Hitler gaffe wasn't a gaffe. I pointed out where in Mein Kampf he made the comment. Did you not see the post (the other post)? Joeseph Goebbels was his propaganda minister, and with that I'm sure he read Hitler's manifesto. So it's safe to say he was paraphrasing Hitler when he made that quote.

Simple.

I take it you have never registered to vote or you would not ask such a stupid question.

Post 489, kids. Voter fraud rolls on unabated in states with the most restrictive Voter ID laws.

Clearly, it has an entirely different true purpose.

Wakey wakey!

Actually no. The Hitler gaffe wasn't a gaffe. I pointed out where in Mein Kampf he made the comment. Did you not see the post (the other post)? Joeseph Goebbels was his propaganda minister, and with that I'm sure he read Hitler's manifesto. So it's safe to say he was paraphrasing Hitler when he made that quote.

I quoted the section of Mein Kampf you cited. And then I reprinted CCJ's line. They don't match at all.

Hundreds of dead people voted? Cool! Do you hafta puncture their brain to stop them like on TV?

If hundreds of dead people voted....and you KNOW this...please tell me who they voted for. Maybe they were just mistaken for the average Teabagger?

BTW...since you nutters pretend that you never read this....LIBERALS ARE ALL FOR PICTURE VOTER ID CARDS. but they have to be free and ABSOLUTELY CONVENIENT to obtain if they are to be truly American. Don't you think?

Simple.

I take it you have never registered to vote or you would not ask such a stupid question.

I am able to vote because I am a citizen. How is your eligibility verified?

Are you a "darkie fag"?

As for my ethnicity, I am more Aryan than most of the Nazis in the world. And quite heterosexual.

It is revealing you think someone has to be a darkie or a fag to defend darkies and fags. That gives away the whole premise of the topic since the GOP is mostly white. :lol::lol:

(smile)

It gives nothing away...I think its funny that little punks like you think you get to define how words get used. ;)

You don't.....and the fact that others can use them and laugh at your silly judgements irks you.

You can't prove we don't need it, yet you claim the intellectual "high ground" in hopes that you can marginalize your opponents, you can't.

You aren't nearly as smart as you think you are kid.....

The quote he used is attributed to Hitler, from his manifesto, Mein Kampf, chapter 10, volume 1.

No, don't think so...

>> But it remained for the Jews, with their unqualified capacity for falsehood, and their fighting comrades, the Marxists...by placing responsibility for the loss of the World War on the shoulders of Ludendorff they took away the weapon of moral right from the only adversary dangerous enough to be likely to succeed in bringing the betrayers of the Fatherland to Justice. All this was inspired by the principle— which is quite true in itself — that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. << - Mein Kampf, Ch. 10

Compare CCJ's post:
“Tell a lie often enough, until it’s perceived to be true.”

Point not proven. Link it or lose it.
[MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]

Let's make it clear. You're defending Clayton, not proving his points.

Goebbels expounded on Hitlers analogy, and refined it. Hitler stressed this point in his manifesto.

"Only constant repetition will finally succeed in imprinting an idea on the memory of the crowd."

-Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Volume I, Chapter VI.

The original quote:

"It is not the purpose of propaganda to create a series of alterations in sentiment with a view to pleasing these blasé gentry. Its chief function is to convince the masses, whose slowness of understanding needs to be given time in order that they may absorb information; and only constant repetition will finally succeed in imprinting an idea on the memory of the crowd."

Therefore my assertion stands, having been duly backed up with prudent facts and material. Hitler is the progenitor of the concept. Did you not stop to think that Goebbels was paraphrasing Hitler?

Let's try this again, shall we?

Are you a "darkie fag"?

(smile)

It gives nothing away...I think its funny that little punks like you think you get to define how words get used. ;)

You don't.....and the fact that others can use them and laugh at your silly judgements irks you.

You can't prove we don't need it, yet you claim the intellectual "high ground" in hopes that you can marginalize your opponents, you can't.

You aren't nearly as smart as you think you are kid.....
I've totally debunked Voter ID and exposed the GOP recent history as not supporting minorities. So that puts me light years ahead of you.

All you have left is butt hurt remarks. Nothing of substance.

Too bad for you.

Forum List

Back