So a foster child is being provided a home

Should children be legally deprived in marriage of either a mother or father?

• Yes, the USSC made the right choice in making this a new normal.

• No, children need a mother and father in marriage.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So foster kids deserve a male role model but not those with single mothers?
I get what you're saying but i dont know how taking a child from a loving home helps anyone
Children can be lovingly raised by wolves. But that doesn't mean a state must therefore place their wards in a wolves' den.
Because an inferior situation exists does not mean it should be made the rule or chosen first, or chosen at all when placing these vulnerable wards..

Sil's point have been rebutted competently on the Board for as long as she has been posting on this issue, so I will not give her "just once more."

The Utah judge, unlike some other states' family justice courts, can be overruled, and he will be enjoined probably by the end of the day from enforcing his ruling, until which day a superior court will review the case and see how it comports with Utah law on adoption.

The women will keep the child and be able to adopt.
Unless it is found that depriving a child of either a mother or father in a cohabitating home, married or not, is to the child's detriment. This is the test. This is the test of dominance in law: whims of adults vs needs of children. Bear in mind that foster child's custodian is the State until an adoption is final. Unless the USSC is now going to tell states what is best for children. This is great. This is going to force Kennedy to say "I and I alone will override all research that finds the opposite and say that children from this point forward will be systematically deprived of their best interests in the name of the LGBT cult..Amen"..

This is where the rubber is going to meet the road. And the state of Utah is going to appeal any bullshit ruling that turns American laws upside-down that give preference to children's needs over adults whims and sex-lifestyles.

You don't have that.

The Judge is wrong, and so are you, of course. Two homophobes in a pod.
The decision is about the child's emotional well being not the judges. A male role model is essential for children.
So time to take children from single mothers?
Intentionally placing a child in an atmosphere that is not emotionally balanced is not the same thing now is it?
Fail
I get what you're saying but i dont know how taking a child from a loving home helps anyone
By placing it in a more emotionally balanced environment you help the child. Small children who's minds are still developing need proper balance.
As to your single mother issue that is a tough situation. Hopefully the children get the influence they need from the father despite living with the mother but ultimately that's for another discussion.

Please merge this with the other two.

To quote a superior statement from another thread on this board: "The Utah judge, unlike some other states' family justice courts, can be overruled, and he will be enjoined probably by the end of the day from enforcing his ruling, until which day a superior court will review the case and see how it comports with Utah law on adoption.

The women will keep the child and be able to adopt."

Judge in UT Denies Lesbians Foster Child: Cites Research Showing Detriment to Child | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
So are you going to side with the judge that over rules this?

I am going to side with the law, which permits the mothers to adopt.

Judge Johansen got it wrong. Again.

Tell ya what, let's test all adults to see if they would be good parents, and any who fail we take their children away. All good?
Agreed. The first test: "Does your home provide both a mother and father?" No? Then we will pre-emptively take your foster children away and you cannot adopt them.

The decision is about the child's emotional well being not the judges. A male role model is essential for children.
So time to take children from single mothers?
Intentionally placing a child in an atmosphere that is not emotionally balanced is not the same thing now is it?
Fail
By placing it in a more emotionally balanced environment you help the child. Small children who's minds are still developing need proper balance.
As to your single mother issue that is a tough situation. Hopefully the children get the influence they need from the father despite living with the mother but ultimately that's for another discussion.
Sigh.

Sil's point have been rebutted competently on the Board for as long as she has been posting on this issue, so I will not give her "just once more."

The Utah judge, unlike some other states' family justice courts, can be overruled, and he will be enjoined probably by the end of the day from enforcing his ruling, until which day a superior court will review the case and see how it comports with Utah law on adoption.

The real parents are heterosexual, or haven't you figured that out yet.

Tell ya what, let's test all adults to see if they would be good parents, and any who fail we take their children away. All good?
Agreed. The first test: "Does your home provide both a mother and father?" No? Then we will pre-emptively take your foster children away and you cannot adopt them.
Nope, wouldn't work that way. Two adults, both get tested, and if one fails we take any babies you make from you at birth. Sorry, Charlie.

What the required household for raising children would be, would be a whole other can of worms but it wouldn't be just mom and dad, and it wouldn't be in a trailer park eh?

It's nearly impossible to decide if the judge made the right call without knowing both sets of parents. I will say that I believe a child is better off when raised by a man and woman. It's simply a benefit of being taught and influenced by both sexes. However, I fully support lesbians as parents and their right to adopt. I don't have stats on how many children need to be adopted, but I'd have to think it's more than the number of parents wanting to adopt. (if anyone can correct my assumption with stats please feel free) So... assuming these lesbians are competent parents I think the judge made the wrong call.

Real parents are people who raise children. The problem is, many of them shouldn't be allowed to.

Real parents are people who raise children. The problem is, many of them shouldn't be allowed to.
Which brings us back to why the judge made the decision he did.
btw: I was adopted March 3, 1950 :)

If it is shown that children experience a negligent situation where they are deprived of either a father or mother, the judge is of course RIGHT. And so am I. The only way you could argue otherwise is to argue that negligence of children's needs is "OK".

Your mistake is you give importance and emphasis to adults' whims and put children's needs below that. I assure you that the way laws are written in all 50 states and federally (CAPTA) it is exactly the opposite. And as this case makes it's way UP, you will see exactly that this is so.

Children aren't pawns. They aren't "going to adapt" to a situation that harms them as a favor to your cult.

So are you also wanting to ban divorce?

It is far better for children to be wards of the state until they reach the age of majority than to be placed in loving same-sex households. :thup:

Forum List

Back