South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

What does a 16-year-old need to kill?
Game. You can get a hunting license at 12. If you really don't like firearms then you can get an aprentice falconry license at 14 and use a wild raptor to kill the same game animals.
No teen needs to hunt. It's for sport not survival. We've already addresses that.

Who said anything about "need"? We don't "need" to jump out of perfectly functioning airplanes. We don't "need" to drive 20 mph faster than everyone else on the road. We don't "need" to eat delicious food that isn't healthy for us. We do it because we want to, and that's what freedom is, the ability to do what you want without a nanny government telling you that you can't.
Freedom, like all things, has limitations. How many people need to jump out of planes? Damn few. Could we ban it for most people, absolutely. The insurance companies sure do.

So then you are anti-individual freedom and the freedom to make your own decisions? You think that government knows best and should make decisions for us? You do realize that government is made up of people (citizens) as well? They are really no better or knowledgeable than anyone else. Why do you worship them so?

Who said anything about "need"? We don't "need" to jump out of perfectly functioning airplanes. We don't "need" to drive 20 mph faster than everyone else on the road. We don't "need" to eat delicious food that isn't healthy for us. We do it because we want to, and that's what freedom is, the ability to do what you want without a nanny government telling you that you can't.
Turn it right back on them: Women don't "need" elective abortion, gays don't "need" to marry.

It's about individual freedom from government interference in our lives. :) Nothing selfish about that.
It is the way they want it. They want to do whatever the hell they want and that is not a society, that is anarchy.

Sounds like the fags and pro abortion crowd.
Yeah, they don't get to do whatever they want either.
They want abortions and marriage. They are both legal
And how many on your side want both of those to be illegal? Are you a fan of gun control for say, Muslim Terrorists? I bet that you are, and want gay marriage outlawed, and abortion with it eh?

It is already illegal for a felon to own a gun.

What does a 16-year-old need to kill?
Game. You can get a hunting license at 12. If you really don't like firearms then you can get an aprentice falconry license at 14 and use a wild raptor to kill the same game animals.
No teen needs to hunt. It's for sport not survival. We've already addresses that.

Freedom, like all things, has limitations. How many people need to jump out of planes? Damn few. Could we ban it for most people, absolutely. The insurance companies sure do.

No they don't, they merely say, "Go ahead, just don't expect us to pay for your hospitalization if you get hurt".
No, they say if you jump out of planes and we hear about, we cancel your policy unless you have a specific rider, and if you die that way we pay nothing, not a dime.

Turn it right back on them: Women don't "need" elective abortion, gays don't "need" to marry.

Exactly, there are hundreds of things we do regularly that we don't "need" to do. Give the government the power to ban some things and it will eventually ban something you regard as a precious freedom.

Women don't need elective abortion, and gays don't need to marry, if no one else does.

No they don't, they merely say, "Go ahead, just don't expect us to pay for your hospitalization if you get hurt".
No, they say if you jump out of planes and we hear about, we cancel your policy unless you have a specific rider, and if you die that way we pay nothing, not a dime.

None of which prevents you from jumping out of a plane.

Exactly, there are hundreds of things we do regularly that we don't "need" to do. Give the government the power to ban some things and it will eventually ban something you regard as a precious freedom.
Life can be unfair. Now you know.

I wonder if he would want a republican controlled government to have control over his life decisions? :lol: They only want the government to control those who's actions they disagree with! When it comes to the stuff they like, hands off! Lol! This is why I cannot respect the liberal ideology. It is just so hypocritical, and intellectually dishonest ideology.

Well, you would know, considering that all of the things you've stated in this thread are nothing but pipe dreams that come from your imagination. :D

Women don't need elective abortion, and gays don't need to marry, if no one else does.[/QUOTE]
Hell we don't "need" to be on this thread discussing this topic.

Gun grabbing isn't succeeding. You must say that to the mirror every morning.

Nope. I'm prevented by a wife that says if you die that way and stick me with all the bills I'll haunt your stupid ass for all eternity. It's why I don't drive hydroplanes or have a trampoline in the backyard. My insurance company says nope, you can't do that.

I wonder if he would want a republican controlled government to have control over his life decisions? :lol: They only want the government to control those who's actions they disagree with! When it comes to the stuff they like, hands off! Lol! This is why I cannot respect the liberal ideology. It is just so hypocritical, and intellectually dishonest ideology.

This is why those who cheer Obama expanding the power of the presidency are so shortsighted. They don't ever stop to consider what will happen when a president they can't stand has that power.

Until Obama'Care came along, now you're covered no matter what. You cannot be denied for anything.

This is why those who cheer Obama expanding the power of the presidency are so shortsighted. They don't ever stop to consider what will happen when a president they can't stand has that power.
Bush had the same power, and used it the same way.

Nope. I'm prevented by a wife that says if you die that way and stick me with all the bills I'll haunt your stupid ass for all eternity. It's why I don't drive hydroplanes or have a trampoline in the backyard. My insurance company says nope, you can't do that.

Your insurance company can't stop you from doing it. They can only refuse to pay the bills if you do. Your wife, OTOH...

It's about individual freedom from government interference in our lives. :) Nothing selfish about that.
It is the way they want it. They want to do whatever the hell they want and that is not a society, that is anarchy.

And how many on your side want both of those to be illegal? Are you a fan of gun control for say, Muslim Terrorists? I bet that you are, and want gay marriage outlawed, and abortion with it eh?

I have never been against any gay marriages, as long as it is consenting adults. And muslim terrorists? really? Has anyone on these forums been against someone owning a gun based on their religion? Now, once they commit a terrorist act, they are then felons and not allowed to buy a gun anyway. You are scrambling for reasons now.

Are you equating my daughters with terrorists because I take them hunting and teach them about gtuns?

Do you really think gun control laws will keep guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists?

Forum List

Back