Sterling refuses to pay fine, plans to sue NBA

the NBA alleges that he lied/coverup. Tried to get V. Stiviano to say the voice on the tapes was manipulated.

The documents also state that any and all Sterlings are to be removed.

failure to pay the fine--also grounds for removal.

Did Lebron James or his better Micheal Jordan find out how the Jewi managed to obtain massive amounts of real estate on a lawyers salary? Interest free loans from US taxpayers via the zionist regime notwithstanding. :lol:

You can do it on practically any salary and people start throwing money at you to borrow once you get a few under your belt.

I say good for him

this whole thing stinks to high heaven

take away someone's business for a recorded PRIVATE conversation I don't care how bad some of you think it was...it was PRIVATE and recorded without his knowledge or permission

what frikken Fascist country are we living in?

We live in the US where when you break your contract you suffer the consequences inherent in that contract.

I say good for him

take away someone's business for a recorded PRIVATE conversation I don't care how bad some of you think it was...it was PRIVATE and recorded without his knowledge or permission

We live in the US where when you break your contract you suffer the consequences inherent in that contract.

But, as you know yet remain too dishonest to admit, there is no provision of Sterling's contract with the NBA which you can point to that he "broke."

You are easily distracted since you are a simpleton and a bigot, Assclapius.

But the truth of the matter is clear. Sterling harbored racist thoughts and expressed them in a private conversation on the telephone which was illegally recorded and illegally released.

We can (and I say we should) find his thinking (and the words he spoke in private) to be completely odious. But that doesn't mean that he violated his contract with the NBA.

I say good for him

But, as you know yet remain too dishonest to admit, there is no provision of Sterling's contract with the NBA which you can point to that he "broke."

But the truth of the matter is clear. Sterling harbored racist thoughts and expressed them in a private conversation on the telephone which was illegally recorded and illegally released.

We can (and I say we should) find his thinking (and the words he spoke in private) to be completely odious. But that doesn't mean that he violated his contract with the NBA.

Sure there is moron.

The NBA believes that Sterling violated Article 13(d), which centers on failure to meet contractual obligations. Sterling allegedly failed to avoid unethical conduct and taking positions that damage the NBA. This failure violated covenants contained in several contracts between Sterling and the NBA, including the franchise agreement and joint venture agreements. Sterling may be accused of violating other provisions contained in Article 13, but 13(d) is considered the leading rationale for his ouster.

Read More: How the NBA can oust Donald Sterling and sell the Clippers - NBA - Michael McCann - SI.com

Sure there is moron.

The NBA believes that Sterling violated Article 13(d), which centers on failure to meet contractual obligations. Sterling allegedly failed to avoid unethical conduct and taking positions that damage the NBA. This failure violated covenants contained in several contracts between Sterling and the NBA, including the franchise agreement and joint venture agreements. Sterling may be accused of violating other provisions contained in Article 13, but 13(d) is considered the leading rationale for his ouster.

Read More: How the NBA can oust Donald Sterling and sell the Clippers - NBA - Michael McCann - SI.com

LOL.

It's not "sure." It's not even rational.

It's an absurd claim by the NBA. If you weren't so fully biased in support of this "story," you might have a chance of being honest about it.

It is not "unethical" conduct to harbor moronic racist views.

It is not "unethical" conduct to verbalize such moronic "thinking" in a private conversation, either.

I can say something like, "Assclapius allegedly posted a coherent thought," but the allegation wouldn't be true.

You posted your own thinking, perhaps, but there's nothing "coherent" about your thinking.

You, of all people, should thank GOD that racist narrow minded irrational illogical thinking such as yours is not the same thing as unethical conduct.

Oh, and you are the moron; you pathetic moron.

Last edited:

Sure there is moron.

LOL.

It's not "sure." It's not even rational.

It's an absurd claim by the NBA. If you weren't so fully biased in support of this "story," you might have a chance of being honest about it.

It is not "unethical" conduct to harbor moronic racist views.

It is not "unethical" conduct to verbalize such moronic "thinking" in a private conversation, either.

I can say something like, "Assclapius allegedly posted a coherent thought," but the allegation wouldn't be true.

You posted your own thinking, perhaps, but there's nothing "coherent" about your thinking.

You, of all people, should thank GOD that racist narrow minded irrational illogical thinking such as yours is not the same thing as unethical conduct.

Oh, and you are the moron; you pathetic moron.

So do you even know what unethical means? :lol:

Donald Sterling's wife, Shelly: We're just business partners - CNN.com

<The wife of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling claims the two are just business partners and denies she was involved in the team's response in the hours after racist comments by her husband were released online, Shelly Sterling's attorney said Wednesday.

On Tuesday, the Los Angeles Times reported Donald Sterling tried to cover up the scandal and met with his wife and the team president to craft a response to an audio recording where he made disparaging remarks about African-Americans to his friend V. Stiviano.

Team President Andy Roeser, who is on leave, also was in on the drafting of the statement that questioned the validity of the recording and suggested it was released by someone seeking revenge against Donald Sterling, according to the newspaper's account of the NBA document.

"Shelly Sterling had no involvement whatsoever in any decision on the content or release of the April 26 statement by the Clippers regarding her estranged husband. Moreover, she had no knowledge of the statement until after it was issued by the Clippers," attorney Pierce O'Donnell said in a written statement.

The Times report cited a 30-page NBA document detailing the charges against Donald Sterling that could lead to the Sterlings losing the team they have owned since 1981. The Sterlings own the franchise through a family trust, with each spouse having a 50% share.
>

since I lack legal expertise--??
yes, business partners--that is what the NBA alleges??
(a marriage like the Clintons?---and none of my business is what that is)

I think the NBA is on solid ground. Not going to stop. jmo. nor do I think they should.

V. Stiviano---did anyone hear/see what she said to I think Dr. Phil? unbelievable--just unbelievable.

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2235

<Dr. Phil reads a comment that Sterling made &#8212; in newly-leaked audio recordings &#8212; to a man who described himself as a pimp: &#8220;He said, &#8216;She has a fabulous body, and she loves to have sex, and she&#8217;s just fun. And I think, what if I give her some money, and what if I helped her?&#8217;&#8221;

&#8220;Why would he say that? I don&#8217;t know,&#8221; she responds. &#8220;There&#8217;s no truth to it. I don&#8217;t know if this is him in those audios.&#8221;

&#8220;I want to be sure we&#8217;re not having a Bill Clinton moment here,&#8221; Dr. Phil says. &#8220;You say you&#8217;ve never had sex with him. Define sex.&#8221;

&#8220;Any type of sexual contact,&#8221; she responds, adding that she never led him on.

&#8220;You were just his assistant, and he just bought you all of these things,&#8221; Dr. Phil says.

&#8220;I was not only his assistant. I was his caretaker. I was his mother. I was his secretary. I was his driver. I did everything for this man, in the last three years,&#8221; she says. >

Last edited:
contrast that to what DS said to Anderson Cooper---Magic Johnson.

???

truth is stranger than fiction---there is that.

not the first man to 'have lust in his heart'.

sigh--I remember when Jimmy Carter said that. the world almost came to an end. remember it well.

cough---then there was Bill Clinton. and we are still here.

Last edited:

That was true in the days before The Great Obama GM Bankruptcy. Bonds are a contract between two parties to lend a fixed amount to be repaid at some point, earning a percentage along the way.

But when Our Kenyan President effectively eliminated contract law all the bonds became worthless.

So don't sweat breaking any contract - there's no law to protect you.

derppppppppppp!

Of course they can.

Leagues have been contracted and expanded many times in the past.

Learn to fuck'n google, dipshit.

Legally they can. But they won't.

Sports Leagues contract when the teams or the league are losing money. The Clippers are not losing money, nor is the league.....You're dumb.

Now go eat a bag of dicks......

If they let Sterling retain ownership they'll start losing money in a hurry.

I'm not foolish enough to think the NBA gives a shit about having a racist owner, but they do give a shit about their brand and making money.

He'll sell. I'll bet you whatever you're willing to lose.

GronkFrankenstein_original.gif

Legally they can. But they won't.

Sports Leagues contract when the teams or the league are losing money. The Clippers are not losing money, nor is the league.....You're dumb.

Now go eat a bag of dicks......

If they let Sterling retain ownership they'll start losing money in a hurry.

I'm not foolish enough to think the NBA gives a shit about having a racist owner, but they do give a shit about their brand and making money.

He'll sell. I'll bet you whatever you're willing to lose.

GronkFrankenstein_original.gif

But now Irsay (NFL) is in the news for drugs, including alcohol and OUI. He played it smart, went straight into rehab. Maybe the determination to oust Sterling comes from his prior NBA snubs.

Sterling may sue the NBA for invasion of privacy and slander, for making a private conversation public. Using a blackmail and extortion, in order to take his ownership could cost the NBA not only hundreds of millions, but also fan support. The reality is, without white fans, the NBA will probably go broke, if the black players are perceived to be trying a hostile takeover.

It wasn't the NBA that made the private conversation public, that was Sterling's ex-gf. I don't think the NBA is going to lose white fans over this, everyone I know no matter their background thinks Sterling is an asshole.

But has a right to be.

Sterling may sue the NBA for invasion of privacy and slander, for making a private conversation public. Using a blackmail and extortion, in order to take his ownership could cost the NBA not only hundreds of millions, but also fan support. The reality is, without white fans, the NBA will probably go broke, if the black players are perceived to be trying a hostile takeover.

It wasn't the NBA that made the private conversation public, that was Sterling's ex-gf. I don't think the NBA is going to lose white fans over this, everyone I know no matter their background thinks Sterling is an asshole.

But has a right to be.

No RIGHT to hold a franchise however.

But has a right to be.

You're right but he doesn't have a right to own an NBA team. And the players in the NBA will refuse to play. With the European market growing rapidly, the NBA can't afford to lose it's best players. He's gone.

But has a right to be.

A right that hasn't been infringed.

Wow! Sterling has been thoroughly punished.

In 1988 he bought a team for $12 million, then he is illegally recorded making racist remarks the NBA is forcing him to sell his $750 million team for $2 billion. What a punishment.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

In 1988 he bought a team for $12 million, then he is illegally recorded making racist remarks the NBA is forcing him to sell his $750 million team for $2 billion. What a punishment.

And he might fight the NBA, and win.

That would mean he'd hold on to the team longer. But the suspect valuation of the team (from the buyer's perspective) might then DROP.

Maybe he should be careful what he asks for.

And he might fight the NBA, and win.

That would mean he'd hold on to the team longer. But the suspect valuation of the team (from the buyer's perspective) might then DROP.

Maybe he should be careful what he asks for.

Looks like Sterling vs. Sterling is about to begin. Maybe they will take the money, and run, home that is.

This has gone way off the tracks...

He is now declared to be a victim of dementia and his franchise is now worth $2 BILL?

I know a lot of people that would like to be that sick...

How does one of the worst franchises in NBA history become so valuable in such a short period of time over bigoted private remarks???

Ultimately professional sports will suffer as a whole with this kind of inflation...

Forum List

Back