Thank you, President Trump

Not sure where this will go, since for starters, you just never know what is going to come out of Trump's mouth.
Second, 'due process' is something that even a president cannot get around.
Four states have the ERPO type laws already and 19 are considering it. There is due process. Emergency circumstances are the same as "exigent" circumstances when police come across an emergency and are allowed to act without a warrant. Entering a home without a warrant if they hear gun fire or cries for help, for instance. The hearing happens quickly and if there was a bad decision made, the person has their weapons back in a matter of days. There is no denying due process. There is a respect for human life, though.

The President's meeting with legislators yesterday about gun control was a stunner:
Ban bumpstocks, Fix NICS, support ERPO's, raise age to buy assault weapons to 21. I was particularly impressed that he pushed the Republicans to cut the CCW reciprocity bill from the mix. It would never pass, is right.

Not much discussion on ol' USMB about this that I could see. The Conservatives are embarrassed? and the Democrats can't bring themselves to say something positive about Trump? I dunno, but I think it is really noteworthy, if only because it's the first time I've been able to warmly and 100% applaud our President.

Thank you, Mr. President. Stick to your guns, as they say.

Yes....ask the democrats what they got from their meeting with him on DACA....see how much of this holds up in Congress too.....

And...please....oldlady, explain how any of these would have stopped the mass shooter...since the police could have arrested him 39 times and the FBI had clear reason to bring him in at least twice......

So....you support everything that won't stop the next mass shooter, and yet you expect us to treat you as an intelligent, thoughtful individual?

Actually, an ERPO law would have allowed the police to take his weapons before Feb 14. The bump stock law would have brought down the death/injury count in Vegas. Nothing wrong with either of those things in my book.

I've heard that paddock had a class III license and an M249 in the room on a tripod. I could care less about bump stocks.

Does an M249 shoot 90 rounds in 10 seconds?

Not sure.

Then what were you saying, Marion? Is a class III license the one that allows people to own machine guns?

The President's meeting with legislators yesterday about gun control was a stunner:
Ban bumpstocks, Fix NICS, support ERPO's, raise age to buy assault weapons to 21. I was particularly impressed that he pushed the Republicans to cut the CCW reciprocity bill from the mix. It would never pass, is right.

Not much discussion on ol' USMB about this that I could see. The Conservatives are embarrassed? and the Democrats can't bring themselves to say something positive about Trump? I dunno, but I think it is really noteworthy, if only because it's the first time I've been able to warmly and 100% applaud our President.

Yes....ask the democrats what they got from their meeting with him on DACA....see how much of this holds up in Congress too.....

And...please....oldlady, explain how any of these would have stopped the mass shooter...since the police could have arrested him 39 times and the FBI had clear reason to bring him in at least twice......

So....you support everything that won't stop the next mass shooter, and yet you expect us to treat you as an intelligent, thoughtful individual?

Actually, an ERPO law would have allowed the police to take his weapons before Feb 14. The bump stock law would have brought down the death/injury count in Vegas. Nothing wrong with either of those things in my book.

I've heard that paddock had a class III license and an M249 in the room on a tripod. I could care less about bump stocks.

725 rpm so that's a little over x 10 rps or 120 rounds per / 10sec.

Not embarassed. Just sad. To suggest that the CCW reciprocity bill be stopped is wrong. It violates the Full Faith and Credit clause of the Constitution. If states are free to reject licenses from other states, how long will it be before a marriage license from Hawaii be rejected in Texas? Or, a driver's license from New York not be honored in Colorado?

Not sure.
Then what were you saying, Marion? Is a class III license the one that allows people to own machine guns?

Yes.

Oldlady I actually thought that he was being sincere when he spoke to the kids even though he had notes in his hand.

I am sure that the NRA and paid off GOP are having panic attacks.

LOL reality.....

Trump Talk On Gun Control Pleases Dems – None Of It Will Ever Happen and Trump Knows It

Trump knows he could say, “I’m banning the shotgun and vanilla banana splits,” and it really means little. Trump can’t do either.

Newser– In a stunning move during a televised meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers Wednesday, President Trump apparently embraced gun control, with little concern for how the NRA might feel about it. Trump urged lawmakers to revive a bipartisan bill crafted in the wake of the Sandy Hook school shooting by Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin III and Republican Sen. Pat Toomey; it failed to move forward thanks to a largely Republican filibuster at the time.

Trump Talk On Gun Control Pleases Dems – None Of It Will Ever Happen and Trump Knows It

Well that is because the NRA has way too much power in America... The NRA is not the 2nd amendment Sassy.
No group, especially a Non-Profit should have so much power on Americans..why is that ok with you?

There ya go again...NRA NRA NRA!!!!!!!!!! You're redundant

You're not going to get a gun ban....bank it

I think that people are realizing just how much power this one group has ... At this point it is not so much about a ban, it is about taking our power back which could almost start a civil war ..People have looked the other way for too long.

Unlike the voices we hear on social media, the vast majority of the country would not fight over this. I live in gun country. They may not like the word "ban," but AR's aren't their thing. Grab your shotgun to protect your home. Use a hunting rifle in deer season. That's how it is. No one opposes background checks that I've run into.

Oldlady I actually thought that he was being sincere when he spoke to the kids even though he had notes in his hand.

LOL reality.....

Trump knows he could say, “I’m banning the shotgun and vanilla banana splits,” and it really means little. Trump can’t do either.

Newser– In a stunning move during a televised meeting with a bipartisan group of lawmakers Wednesday, President Trump apparently embraced gun control, with little concern for how the NRA might feel about it. Trump urged lawmakers to revive a bipartisan bill crafted in the wake of the Sandy Hook school shooting by Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin III and Republican Sen. Pat Toomey; it failed to move forward thanks to a largely Republican filibuster at the time.

Well that is because the NRA has way too much power in America... The NRA is not the 2nd amendment Sassy.
No group, especially a Non-Profit should have so much power on Americans..why is that ok with you?

I think that people are realizing just how much power this one group has ... At this point it is not so much about a ban, it is about taking our power back which could almost start a civil war ..People have looked the other way for too long.

Unlike the voices we hear on social media, the vast majority of the country would not fight over this. I live in gun country. They may not like the word "ban," but AR's aren't their thing. Grab your shotgun to protect your home. Use a hunting rifle in deer season. That's how it is. No one opposes background checks that I've run into.

Oh stop with your "I live in gun country but.... they don't like ARs..." It's BS

LOL reality.....

Backgrounds checks are Federal registration. They may destroy the data in 90 days or whatever, but not before passing it along to 3 other agencies that don't destroy it and archive it. People need to wake up and remember how it went down in 30s Germany. Here OldLady is, advocating for the Nazis.

Not much discussion on ol' USMB about this that I could see. The Conservatives are embarrassed? and the Democrats can't bring themselves to say something positive about Trump?
Yes and yes.

The meme from the GOP is that he's somehow setting up the Dems. Who knows. We'll see.

But that few moments were pretty nice to watch. He really seemed like a regular guy, not worried about politics.

LOL reality.....

You have nightmares about the NRA don't you? The NRA didn't have squat to do with the FL shooting, nada, zilch, NOTHING. Direct your energy at the real problem....what you idiots on the left have done to children with your pampering, everyone is inclusive, etc BS.

Yeah I saw the fuck-head president of the NRA blame everyone else.. these morons pay off the polictions to pass bills , stripping away laws that keep the mentally ill from buying assault rifles . I had a neighbor for 18 years who was not supposed to have a gun..he murdered his son and killed himself..( I found them ) he was able to walk right in and get a gun..they made a movie about it..
Daddy Dearest behind mansion walls.. I witnessed personally what a gun can do to a kid I saw grow up.)

like this kid who just had to say "no I don't have any mental illness ..WTF no back round check or anything .

LOL reality.....

Ask those gun owning 'regular folk' if they are down with background checks for private sales/barters/trades between friends etc.... Any internet, brick & mortar, gun show (vendors)... sale, already require background checks... the issue on background checks is regarding private sales... that's where the push back stems from.

Not embarassed. Just sad. To suggest that the CCW reciprocity bill be stopped is wrong. It violates the Full Faith and Credit clause of the Constitution. If states are free to reject licenses from other states, how long will it be before a marriage license from Hawaii be rejected in Texas? Or, a driver's license from New York not be honored in Colorado?

The CCW reciprocity bill is what is wrong. If a state has decided it doesn't want any Tom Dick or Harry walking around with a concealed weapon, it is up to the people to respect that, or risk being arrested. When the federal government wants gun legislation, the standard reply is "leave it to the states." When it is up to the states, now the reply is, "we won't honor your decision?"

How about they also start taking away your words when you start sounding like a loon on here? Would you like that?
Quit trolling me, TN. It's so unattractive.
Its a legitimate question. The same logic follows other rights, doesnt it? Or are we just going to be dishonest and ignore reality?
Where does the first amendment say anything about words being well regulated?
Does your dumbass have any idea what "well regulated" meant in the 18th century?

How about they also start taking away your words when you start sounding like a loon on here? Would you like that?
Its a legitimate question. The same logic follows other rights, doesnt it? Or are we just going to be dishonest and ignore reality?

Where does it say in the first amendment that the freedom of speech shall not be infringed?

LOL reality.....

You have nightmares about the NRA don't you? The NRA didn't have squat to do with the FL shooting, nada, zilch, NOTHING. Direct your energy at the real problem....what you idiots on the left have done to children with your pampering, everyone is inclusive, etc BS.

Yeah I saw the fuck-head president of the NRA blame everyone else.. these morons pay off the polictions to pass bills , stripping away laws that keep the mentally ill from buying assault rifles . I had a neighbor for 18 years who was not supposed to have a gun..he murdered his son and killed himself..( I found them ) he was able to walk right in and get a gun..they made a movie about it..
Daddy Dearest behind mansion walls.. I saw personally what a gun can do to a kid I saw grow up.)

like this kid who just had to say "no I don't have any mental illness ..WTF no back round check or anything .

Who dropped the ball with this kid? Answer it honestly or fug off with your BS. If procedures had been followed he'd never been allowed to purchase a gun.

BUT IT'S THE NRA's FAULT!!!!!!!!

Goddamn loons

LOL reality.....

I've not see you blatantly lie before. That's sad too.

LOL reality.....

Ask those gun owning 'regular folk' if they are down with background checks for private sales between friends etc.... Any internet, brick & mortar, gun show (vendors) already require background checks... the issue on background checks is regarding private sales... that's where the push back stems from.
I work with a woman who recently sold a gun and paid for the background check herself. She wasn't going to sell it to someone she didn't know without being sure the guy was okay. They aren't expensive; tack it on to the price of the gun. I don't see what the big problem is.

The CCW reciprocity bill is what is wrong. If a state has decided it doesn't want any Tom Dick or Harry walking around with a concealed weapon, it is up to the people to respect that, or risk being arrested. When the federal government wants gun legislation, the standard reply is "leave it to the states." When it is up to the states, now the reply is, "we won't honor your decision?"

we still are the 'United' State of America... the Constitution isn't an article for the various states to pick and choose from... the Reciprocity Bill has Constitutional 'legs to stand on'...

And so you'll also support Texas saying gay marriage won't be honored in their state? Or, that a mixed race couple's marriage is invalid in Alabama?

Or, are you just going to be a hypocrite?

Does your dumbass have any idea what "well regulated" meant in the 18th century?
Does yours? :rolleyes:

Fucking idiot

Forum List

Back