The Bible is true

The Bible is not the worst Book I have ever read. People like to draw attention to himself. That's why somebody claims war to the Bible. The Bible has sense and logic while Qoran or Torah don't. I don't see the reasons why people shouldn't read it. But trust or not. It is a personal choice.
What do you think about the Old Testament, Donald Polish ?

The Hebrew Bible, or "old testament" is the history of the Israelite people and their relationship to God. It also has many of the historical Israelite laws.

However Emmanuel came about 2000 years ago and created a new covenant between God and us, and this new covenant superceedes the old testament.

I agree with Donald. Trust in it or not, your choice. But if you look at the early history of Christianity the evidence is pretty compelling that something very special happened.

The Bible is not the worst Book I have ever read. People like to draw attention to himself. That's why somebody claims war to the Bible. The Bible has sense and logic while Qoran or Torah don't. I don't see the reasons why people shouldn't read it. But trust or not. It is a personal choice.

The Hebrew Bible, or "old testament" is the history of the Israelite people and their relationship to God. It also has many of the historical Israelite laws.

However Emmanuel came about 2000 years ago and created a new covenant between God and us, and this new covenant superceedes the old testament.

I agree with Donald. Trust in it or not, your choice. But if you look at the early history of Christianity the evidence is pretty compelling that something very special happened.
Christianity is an offshoot of the Egyptians religion. Check out the story of Osiris, Isis, and Horus..

Last edited:
I am aware of the similarities. We are all one people, makes sense we would all share similar verbal histories. If you look at ANY two civilizations you will find similarities.

Read up on the history of the bible. Saint Luke, who wrote the Gospel of Luke as well as the Acts of the Apostles, personally traveled with the Apostle Paul. The Gospel of Mark was written about 30 years after Christ's death, so the story was still very fresh in the mind of the author (Could you write about something you experienced 30 years ago? I do).

Something very special happened 2000 years ago. Whether you choose to believe that it was the Son of God is up to you.

Christianity is an offshoot of the Egyptians religion. Check out the story of Osiris, Isis, and Horus..

Or the Egyptians got their creation story from the oral traditions of the Hebrews.

No, the evidence says the opposite. There's no historical account of the Temple drapes torn in two, Josephus would certainly have mentioned it being an observant Hebrew. No mention of all the dead risen and walking about. No mention anywhere of the darkness or solar eclipse. Or earthquake. And so on. Philo was a contemporay and said nothing about it either and was very into the spiritual aspects.

What happened is some religious Hellenized Jews, who could no longer speak or read Arabic or Hebrew, wrote stories based on the Septuagint, the Greek version of the OT, complete with some of their mistranslations.

The Jesus figure apparently didn't have the time or inclination to put the greatest story ever told to pen and parchment.

I am aware of the similarities. We are all one people, makes sense we would all share similar verbal histories. If you look at ANY two civilizations you will find similarities.

Read up on the history of the bible. Saint Luke, who wrote the Gospel of Luke as well as the Acts of the Apostles, personally traveled with the Apostle Paul. The Gospel of Mark was written about 30 years after Christ's death, so the story was still very fresh in the mind of the author (Could you write about something you experienced 30 years ago? I do).

Something very special happened 2000 years ago. Whether you choose to believe that it was the Son of God is up to you.
No one knows who the author of Mark was and it makes no sense that he would have waited 30 years to get around to the story that the future of mankind depends on.

Or the Egyptians got their creation story from the oral traditions of the Hebrews.

That could be as Ethiopians were in all likelihood the original Hebrews and thats where the Egyptians and Ethiopian say Egyptians came from

Last edited:
I didn't say Mark wrote the Gospel of Mark. It was most likely written by one of Mark's follower's, and documenting the first hand stories OF Mark.

And nobody said they "waited 30 years" to write it down. Good chance that there were other writings about Mark, but the one that survives as the Gospel of Mark was written about 30 years after Christ's death.

I didn't say Mark wrote the Gospel of Mark. It was most likely written by one of Mark's follower's, and documenting the first hand stories OF Mark.

And nobody said they "waited 30 years" to write it down. Good chance that there were other writings about Mark, but the one that survives as the Gospel of Mark was written about 30 years after Christ's death.
Which one of Marks followers wrote it? If you dont know who he/she was how do you know its even valid?

You've making shit up. No one bother to copy the other accounts? And the story isn't about Mark. The further you get into it the more genuflecting will need to perform.

IMO the NT is comparable to an operators instruction manual. The OT can be compared to a technical manual. I'll stick to the Old Testament for instruction.

No, you can trust it. Which you obviously do. I have no problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is your use of the word "we."

That means you're including others in your belief and that's wrong.

There are millions of people in America who aren't christian and they certainly don't trust your christian bible.

I don't know why you have the need to force others to believe as you do. If you had a strong faith it wouldn't need validation by other people. So from what I can see yours is a shallow faith not built on anything but a weird need for validation.

Live however you want. Just stop trying to force it on other people.

Excuse me but the Tora is part of the bible.

It's the old testament which is followed by Jewish people.

The other half of the bible is the new testament which is followed by christians.

The Bible Can We Trust It

Mod edit: ninja007 You need add some commentary to this opening post or the thread will be closed. Thanks

Which bible? There are so many.

Lets see there the king james bible, the American standard bible, American translation, Berkley Version, the English Version, The bible in living english, the bishop's bible and a long list of other versions of the bible. You can find them at the link below.

List of English Bible translations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just want to know which bible because all of them are different.

One bible has jesus born in the city of David. Another one has him born in Nazareth, another has him born in Bethlehem.

You christians have so many versions of your bible how do you know what the real work of your messiah is?

Besides, none of it was written by the christian god or jesus christ. It was all written by human beings not so savior or god.

If you need that for your life, great. Have fun. Just don't use inclusive words like "we." Not everyone believes as you do.

Last edited:

No, you can trust it. Which you obviously do. I have no problem with that.

What I do have a problem with is your use of the word "we."

That means you're including others in your belief and that's wrong.

There are millions of people in America who aren't christian and they certainly don't trust your christian bible.

I don't know why you have the need to force others to believe as you do. If you had a strong faith it wouldn't need validation by other people. So from what I can see yours is a shallow faith not built on anything but a weird need for validation.

Live however you want. Just stop trying to force it on other people.
Don't make me upset. Here we are speaking about Bible. What the hell you are babbling about other religions. I don't force anyone. Read the thread more attentively. The very first comment of mine. You seem to be a rude troll who like to critisize anyone's belief. What are doing in the thread about the SACRED Bible. Get out !!

IMO the NT is comparable to an operators instruction manual. The OT can be compared to a technical manual. I'll stick to the Old Testament for instruction.
Make sure you get market rates at the slave sales.

Which bible? There are so many.

Lets see there the king james bible, the American standard bible, American translation, Berkley Version, the English Version, The bible in living english, the bishop's bible and a long list of other versions of the bible. You can find them at the link below.

List of English Bible translations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I just want to know which bible because all of them are different.

One bible has jesus born in the city of David. Another one has him born in Nazareth, another has him born in Bethlehem.
Same Bible, different translations. You are thinking about differences in the books in the Bible. There are some inconsistencies, some understandable, some not so much. The differences of Bible translations is how a translation is interpreted for a target audience. The Authorized KJ is difficult for modern readers unless you know Old English, a few do. Some words can take on different meanings and some dropped altogether.

More direct translations, like with languages, makes it more accurate but harder to follow. The American Standard is more updated version translation of the KJ but some translations are done from Greek and other sources. The NIV would be a more fluid modern reading but people criticize it for watering down some words.

The bottom line though is they convey the same messages and stories but if someone starts basing theology on exact wording they often butt heads with people who do it with different philosophies, more figurative vs literal. Any serious biblical scholar knows to use as many sources as possible in order to not get too carried away on exact wording of a particular translation.

Forum List

Back