The GOP is blowing it on the border issue

Trump could say something like this:

"I condemn anyone, including those in my party, who attack the people who are desperate to come to America from South and Central America. The problem is not with them; it's with the so-called leaders of those countries who have allowed their countries to rot from corruption; it's with the American legislators who refuse to hold American companies legally accountable for hiring illegals; and it's with all of us for refusing to work together to solve this problem like reasonable adults.

"A family desperate to come to America should not be mocked or insulted. They just want to live in decency, they want to be able to take care of themselves and their families. They are truly victims of their home countries. Anyone who attacks them is part of the problem, not the solution."

Yeah. Something like that. Instead the party's loudest voices are the types of people we see here on USMB.

And of course, saying such a thing would get him sideways with Talk Radio, so don't hold your breath.

While I don't think families should be mocked or insulted for wanting to come to the US, but I'm not getting an American First feel from your message...
Why is that? Are these people not escaping from corrupt shit holes? Are American employers not hiring them?

I haven't gotten much in the way of straight answers on that.
yes you did you fking liar. fk I hate fking liars especially fking liars like you!

"I condemn anyone, including those in my party, who attack the people who are desperate to come to America from South and Central America. The problem is not with them; it's with the so-called leaders of those countries who have allowed their countries to rot from corruption; it's with the American legislators who refuse to hold American companies legally accountable for hiring illegals; and it's with all of us for refusing to work together to solve this problem like reasonable adults.

"A family desperate to come to America should not be mocked or insulted. They just want to live in decency, they want to be able to take care of themselves and their families. They are truly victims of their home countries. Anyone who attacks them is part of the problem, not the solution."

Yeah. Something like that. Instead the party's loudest voices are the types of people we see here on USMB.

And of course, saying such a thing would get him sideways with Talk Radio, so don't hold your breath.
That's some funny shit right there bruh!

Stand Up open mic night at the bar or something?
Hey, the GOP has been really well-represented on this thread!

>claims to be non partisan
>can't see past party labels
Yet another lie, already squashed in line 2 of my sig.
and then you post and throw your signature out the window.
I'm just an independent.

That means I agree with the Right on some issues, with the Left on some, and with neither on others.

It just ain't that complicated. Really. I swear.

While I don't think families should be mocked or insulted for wanting to come to the US, but I'm not getting an American First feel from your message...
Why is that? Are these people not escaping from corrupt shit holes? Are American employers not hiring them?

yes you did you fking liar. fk I hate fking liars especially fking liars like you!
Calm down, Rambo.

I'm just an independent.

That means I agree with the Right on some issues, with the Left on some, and with neither on others.

It just ain't that complicated. Really. I swear.
and then you post.

Calm down, Rambo.
stop lying liar.

We see your silly implication...tell us, show us a percentage to indicate assigned blame. Who's responsible for the Mexican coming to America?
Example:
The Mexican = 10%
American employers = 90%

Mac1958 g5000 Golfing Gator
"I swear I'm not a twisted Lefty...my typing fingers are."

We see your silly implication...tell us, show us a percentage to indicate assigned blame. Who's responsible for the Mexican coming to America?
Example:
The Mexican = 10%
American employers = 90%
Responsible for coming here? The Mexican, 100%.

What a silly question.

Example:
The Mexican = 10%
American employers = 90%
Responsible for coming here? The Mexican, 100%.

What a silly question.

Oh, I misread you...It almost seemed as if you were blaming Americans for them being here and available for hire...Sorry, my bad.

These guys are ULTRA triggered.

You did well...you baited in the "crazies" and got them to self-expose their craziness...just as planned.
You're a super clever badass...just ask you.
What you don't understand is that we can't wait for an opportunity to go the fuck off....Thanks for providing it.

You did well...you baited in the "crazies" and got them to self-expose their craziness...just as planned.
You're a super clever badass...just ask you.
What you don't understand is that we can't wait for an opportunity to go the fuck off....Thanks for providing it.
Yer welcome!

There is so much wrong with your post. First, Liberals are the furthest thing from "reasonable adults". Second, you can't hold companies legally accountable for hiring illegals and in the same breath say illegals just want to "take care of themselves and their families". Major contradiction. Third, you forgot about the people in Asia, Africa, etc that want to come here but don't have the luxury of simply walking North and asking for asylum. Therefore, you need to stop all illegal traffic and create an orderly and fair process. Otherwise, people on the border are just cutting the line. Fourth, you seem to have forgotten about all the drugs, sex trafficking and violence on the Southern border.

No matter how often Mac restates his humanitarian appeal, the appeal to our shared humanity, the Trumpian flocks just hasten to dehumanize Them collectively as drug and sex traffickers in ever starker terms - millions, tens or even hundreds of millions of Them. Not that there's any surprise to it; they've been getting their marching orders since 2016 to bellow and screech at all and sundry Other their Orange Mad King points at, and there seems to be no dearth of hatred and resentment to fuel it all. The time to be surprised by their wretched subservience is long gone, but still...

It's all just a bit more complicated than Mac's picture allows for, as the dire straits South and Central America are in is not solely their and their countries' fault. Neither does it really make sense to fine corporations out of existence that cannot find any employees, and certainly not at the rate they can afford to pay - hospitality and farming would suffer, badly, without undocumented immigrants. Paying the least amount possible for everything issues a collective American employment guarantee for undocumented immigrants, medieval exploitation included.

Neither, of course, so much as slows down the xenophobes and screeching nativists. Not one bit.

There is so much wrong with your post. First, Liberals are the furthest thing from "reasonable adults". Second, you can't hold companies legally accountable for hiring illegals and in the same breath say illegals just want to "take care of themselves and their families". Major contradiction. Third, you forgot about the people in Asia, Africa, etc that want to come here but don't have the luxury of simply walking North and asking for asylum. Therefore, you need to stop all illegal traffic and create an orderly and fair process. Otherwise, people on the border are just cutting the line. Fourth, you seem to have forgotten about all the drugs, sex trafficking and violence on the Southern border.
  1. Most wingers are not reasonable, regardless of "side"
  2. Hold companies to laws, they won't hire, the illegals have no jobs to attract them, no contradiction
  3. Yes, these people are right here, and I want to stop all illegal traffic
  4. I haven't forgotten about the drugs, and I want to stop all illegal traffic.
You guys have made a ton of incorrect assumptions.

Last edited:
No matter how often Mac restates his humanitarian appeal, the appeal to our shared humanity, the Trumpian flocks just hasten to dehumanize Them collectively as drug and sex traffickers in ever starker terms - millions, tens or even hundreds of millions of Them. Not that there's any surprise to it; they've been getting their marching orders since 2016 to bellow and screech at all and sundry Other their Orange Mad King points at, and there seems to be no dearth of hatred and resentment to fuel it all. The time to be surprised by their wretched subservience is long gone, but still...

It's all just a bit more complicated than Mac's picture allows for, as the dire straits South and Central America are in is not solely their and their countries' fault. Neither does it really make sense to fine corporations out of existence that cannot find any employees, and certainly not at the rate they can afford to pay - hospitality and farming would suffer, badly, without undocumented immigrants. Paying the least amount possible for everything issues a collective American employment guarantee for undocumented immigrants, medieval exploitation included.

Neither, of course, so much as slows down the xenophobes and screeching nativists. Not one bit.

This country's citizens have done more to advance humanitarian interests than any other in history.

Don't mistake frustration with our border for "triggered" silly boy.
Obviously I don't speak for everyone on the right but I want the wall built and the endless horde invading our country stopped for a multitude of reasons. I don't give a shit why they come. I don't give a shit what their government does or doesn't do for them. ITS NOT MY FUCKING PROBLEM!
Has NOTHING to do with Trump or his promises and I don't give two shits where the money comes from. Mexico, higher taxes, donations, military budget, your grandmother's last dollar. Build the fucking thing and get control of who comes here and when.
I have said this since I joined this board.

Get it???

Don't mistake frustration with our border for "triggered" silly boy.
Obviously I don't speak for everyone on the right but I want the wall built and the endless horde invading our country stopped for a multitude of reasons. I don't give a shit why they come. I don't give a shit what their government does or doesn't do for them. ITS NOT MY FUCKING PROBLEM!
Has NOTHING to do with Trump or his promises and I don't give two shits where the money comes from. Mexico, higher taxes, donations, military budget, your grandmother's last dollar. Build the fucking thing and get control of who comes here and when.
I have said this since I joined this board.

Get it???
Got it!

:rock:

Dumber every day Mac

Dumber every day Mac
Absolutely!

Forum List

Back