The Left hates Trump but now also the Supreme Court

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
It isn't Trump I don't think or the Supreme Court but it's the craving for power that is driving the current political conversation in the USA:

--The personal attacks and the more ridiculous the analogies/accusations/predictions re Trump get the closer the election gets.

--The personal attacks and the more ridiculous the analogies/accusations/predictions re Supreme Court justices get the closer the election gets.

The media is flooded with it.
Social media is flooded with it.
USMB is flooded with it.

Did somebody flip a switch or send out a code word or something to trigger the onslaught of this kind of attack rhetoric?

It seems to be aggravated by the increasing support for the agenda Trump proposes.
It seems to be aggravated by an increased number of unanimous decisions in a high court that is more unified than we have seen it in awhile.

The left seems more and more determined lately that political opponents should be persecuted and prosecuted. And they seem more and more determined that if the Supreme Court can't be done away with, then pack it with people like them so they can depend on it to support the leftist agenda which seems to be based on abortion rights, DEI, and power over everybody concentrated in a leftist central government.

Meanwhile the agenda and positions on the right are pretty much what they have been for some decades now which is a strong, free, secure, prosperous America with choices, options, opportunity and liberty for all Americans. (There will be some disagreement on what that entails here and there.)

The November election will largely determine which America we will live in.

Left wants to pack Supreme Court

Media coverage of Trump 98% negative and getting worse

The left won't consider any proposals but their own

What it means to be a Patriot

When Old Joe Biden is your presidential candidate, your prospects for maintaining political power are somewhat limited.

The democrats have several problems, young voters, black voters, brown voters, independent voters, 3rd party voters, UAW voters, construction worker voters, energy sector voters, grocery shoppers, renters, etc.

Yes, the left opposes corruption, thus they dislike Alito and Thomas. It's that simple.

That makes the left the moral people, and the right the immoral people.

We're going to keep hammering on that point, partly because it triggers the right. If the right howls about something, that tells us it's an effective tactic, so we should keep doing it.

Note how the left doesn't bother the non-corrupt conservative justices. To the left, it's the corruption that matters, not the political orientation.

Righties will be unable to understand how anyone can think like that, since it's so totally alien to their own way of thinking.

The Left hates Trump but now also the Supreme Court​

The right has hated the Supreme Court since it's inception. Even as the right changed and morphed into what it is today, hatred of the court system has always lurked behind the faux banners of "Law and Order"

A temporary few wins before one particular court will not change the fundamental hatred that motivates the right.

Mark my words

keeper post on the right and the courts

Yes, the left opposes corruption, thus they dislike Alito and Thomas. It's that simple.

We're going to keep hammering on that point, partly because it triggers the right. If the right howls about something, that tells us it's an effective tactic, so we should keep doing it.

Note how the left doesn't bother the non-corrupt conservative justices. To the left, it's the corruption that matters, not the political orientation.

Righties will be unable to understand how anyone can think like that, since it's so totally alien to their own way of thinking.
Note how the left doesn't bother the non-corrupt conservative justices.
who are they?

Last edited:

The Paranoid Style in American Politics​

by Richard Hofstadter

"It had been around a long time before the Radical Right discovered it—and its targets have ranged from “the international bankers” to Masons, Jesuits, and munitions makers."
about quotation in the piece, Hofstadter writes:

These quotations give the keynote of the style. In the history of the United States one find it, for example, in the anti-Masonic movement, the nativist and anti-Catholic movement, in certain spokesmen of abolitionism who regarded the United States as being in the grip of a slaveholders’ conspiracy, in many alarmists about the Mormons, in some Greenback and Populist writers who constructed a great conspiracy of international bankers, in the exposure of a munitions makers’ conspiracy of World War I, in the popular left-wing press, in the contemporary American right wing, and on both sides of the race controversy today, among White Citizens’ Councils and Black Muslims. I do not propose to try to trace the variations of the paranoid style that can be found in all these movements, but will confine myself to a few leading episodes in our past history in which the style emerged in full and archetypal splendor.

The Paranoid Style in American Politics​

by Richard Hofstadter

"It had been around a long time before the Radical Right discovered it—and its targets have ranged from “the international bankers” to Masons, Jesuits, and munitions makers."
about quotation in the piece, Hofstadter writes:

These quotations give the keynote of the style. In the history of the United States one find it, for example, in the anti-Masonic movement, the nativist and anti-Catholic movement, in certain spokesmen of abolitionism who regarded the United States as being in the grip of a slaveholders’ conspiracy, in many alarmists about the Mormons, in some Greenback and Populist writers who constructed a great conspiracy of international bankers, in the exposure of a munitions makers’ conspiracy of World War I, in the popular left-wing press, in the contemporary American right wing, and on both sides of the race controversy today, among White Citizens’ Councils and Black Muslims. I do not propose to try to trace the variations of the paranoid style that can be found in all these movements, but will confine myself to a few leading episodes in our past history in which the style emerged in full and archetypal splendor.
GASLIGHT THEATRE BULLSHIT

🙄

When Old Joe Biden is your presidential candidate, your prospects for maintaining political power are somewhat limited.

The democrats have several problems, young voters, black voters, brown voters, independent voters, 3rd party voters, UAW voters, construction worker voters, energy sector voters, grocery shoppers, renters, etc.
We cannot be complacent just because we have the defensible case. They control the media, entertainment, education, government, scientific institutions, most big business, social media and many religious institutions, i.e. they control most of the message that gets out there. They are doing their damndest to destroy any conservative threads, comments, or just overwhelm the few on the right left here at USMB and I highly suspect they are organized in that effort.

Still overall I am pretty sure we outnumber them across the country. If we can keep everybody focused on what is most important and stop shooting each other over this or that issue--if we can keep people focused on the long range goal of a strong, free, prosperous America rather than their personal opinion of Donald Trump or any other individual--we win no matter how dishonest they are or how much they cheat.

If we continue to divide ourselves over whatever issues now, we lose.

I honestly believe it is as simple as that.

Last edited:
The left hates everything including themselves. Continuously projecting their self misery onto others.
I know some leftists who are normal, happy, likable people. There are some of those right here at USMB. But they are becoming a very rare breed indeed.

Last edited:
I know some leftists who are normal, happy, likable people. There are some of those right her at USMB. But they are becoming a very rare breed indeed.
Ah, the sweet smell of projection.

Just look at the righties here, and be honest. Have you ever seen a more miserable group of humans?

Misery defines the right, because their masters keep them miserable to keep them obedient. The masters of the right know that if the herd is allowed to think in a calm rational manner, they'll turn back into normal people. Thus, the goal of the right is to never let their base be calm, to always keep them in a state of miserable hysteria.

Last edited:

Just look at the righties here, and be honest. Have you ever seen a more miserable gropus of humans?

Misery defines the right, because their masters keep them miserable to keep them obedient. The masters of the right know that if the herd is allowed to think in a clam rational manner, they'll turn back into normal people. Thus, the goal of the right is to never let their base be calm, to always keep them in a state of miserable hysteria.
Sometime you might want to read up on gaslighting.

there is nothing normal about todays left ..

Just look at the righties here, and be honest. Have you ever seen a more miserable gropus of humans?

Misery defines the right, because their masters keep them miserable to keep them obedient. The masters of the right know that if the herd is allowed to think in a clam rational manner, they'll turn back into normal people. Thus, the goal of the right is to never let their base be calm, to always keep them in a state of miserable hysteria.
yes, the left that post here.

Forum List

Back