The MAJOR difference between Medicare and Private Insurance...

As it is with most ideas spouted by people who are economically challenged they do not understand
the elementary aspects of arithmetic! If "Medicare for All" replaces private health insurance this would throw American industries including health insurance companies completely for a loss.

Oh bullshit. Medicare just farms its "services" out to private insurance companies anyway. Medicare for All would just change their business model, from contracting with employers to contracting with government.

Don't get me wrong, I'm radically opposed to Welfare for All. It's just that your reasons aren't compelling. It wouldn't decimate the insurance industry. Some insurance companies will get screwed, but the major players will adapt and make a killing.

Medicare for All is wrong because it gives government too much control of health insurance.
Better than your employer having control of your insurance. Better than being tied to a job because you don’t want to lose your insurance.

Here's a thought - but be careful, it might blow your mind: How about neither your employer, nor your government, controls your health insurance? You don't have to be a slave, rw. Rejoice!

Maybe I should make the distinction simpler.
States' insurance regulations require Private for profit health care insurance HAVE to make a profit to create "reserves" to pay future claims.
Medicare has no reserves for future claims.

By law 80 cents of every dollar in premium collected must go toward claims. So by law Private Companies have to do it all on a 20 cent "profit".
Called Medical Loss Ratio... and it has been a state regulation that premiums to be charged have to be justified IF 80% or more has been paid in claims.
This left the average health insurance company 20% to run the company on... wages, office facilities, supplies, etc. which has on averaged run about
8% before taxes. Health care industry on track for massive profits
Then after federal taxes are paid average net profit is 5.6% S&P 500 Profitability by quarter, Gross, Operating and Net Margin from 4 Q 2019

It's not a state reg it's only been law since ACA was signed into law.

As it is with most ideas spouted by people who are economically challenged they do not understand
the elementary aspects of arithmetic! If "Medicare for All" replaces private health insurance this would throw American industries including health insurance companies completely for a loss.

Oh bullshit. Medicare just farms its "services" out to private insurance companies anyway. Medicare for All would just change their business model, from contracting with employers to contracting with government.

Don't get me wrong, I'm radically opposed to Welfare for All. It's just that your reasons aren't compelling. It wouldn't decimate the insurance industry. Some insurance companies will get screwed, but the major players will adapt and make a killing.

Medicare for All is wrong because it gives government too much control of health insurance.
Better than your employer having control of your insurance. Better than being tied to a job because you don’t want to lose your insurance.

Here's a thought - but be careful, it might blow your mind: How about neither your employer, nor your government, controls your health insurance? You don't have to be a slave, rw. Rejoice!

Then what?
You have to compete for insurance as an individual rather than as part of a group? You are priced out of the market if you have a pre-existing condition?

What price do you think a 65 year old without employer insurance would pay on the open market

The Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system is very popular and efficient, because it includes an excellent blend of public foundation and free market competition & innovation. It could be easily scaled up, with a few tweaks, for all.

The right wingers can't support it because they're told not to, and the left wingers are LYING to the voters, calling Single Payer "Medicare for All".

As usual, the wings are slowing down progress and causing harm.

What a shock, "Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage is popular and efficient" all we need to do is "tweak" it. WTF, fricken liberal wants to "tweak" it until it's not popular and efficient, but free for everyone...fricken idiot.
Wrong. "Free for everyone" would be Single Payer, and I'm strongly against that.

You simply don't know what you're talking about.

Another Trumpster attack based on abject ignorance and childish arrogance.

I see, so Medicare for all is NOT single payer....idiot.

Single payer pays all and Medicare does not therefore not a single payer, idiot.

Then what?

Whatever you want to try. It's up to you. That's freedom.

The Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system is very popular and efficient, because it includes an excellent blend of public foundation and free market competition & innovation. It could be easily scaled up, with a few tweaks, for all.

The right wingers can't support it because they're told not to, and the left wingers are LYING to the voters, calling Single Payer "Medicare for All".

What a shock, "Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage is popular and efficient" all we need to do is "tweak" it. WTF, fricken liberal wants to "tweak" it until it's not popular and efficient, but free for everyone...fricken idiot.
Wrong. "Free for everyone" would be Single Payer, and I'm strongly against that.

Single payer pays all and Medicare does not therefore not a single payer, idiot.
He's doing the best he can, given his mix of arrogance and ignorance.

Hey, "Thinker" (today's ironic name), tell me:
  • Describe the co-pays, co-insurance and out-of-pocket maximums of Medicare A.
  • Describe the co-pays, co-insurance and out-of-pocket maximums of Medicare B.
  • Describe the co-pays, co-insurance and out-of-pocket maximums of Medicare Advantage Plans.
  • Describe how Medicare Supplement plans work.
  • Describe the costs and co-pays of Prescription Drug Plans.
  • Describe the restrictions and limitations of PDP formularies.
  • Then tell us again, to our great amusement, how Medicare is Single Payer.
I realize that talk radio keeps this information from you, so you'll have to come up with this stuff on your own.

Looking forward to it, "Thinker".

:spinner:

Stop your ffricken semantics.

Then what?

Whatever you want to try. It's up to you. That's freedom.
Not a solution is it?
Cop out

Stop your ffricken semantics.

Stop your fficken thinking you know what you're talking about.

• Describe the co-pays, co-insurance and out-of-pocket maximums of Medicare Advantage Plans.
I realize that talk radio keeps this information from you, so you'll have to come up with this stuff on your own.

Yep, when ya got nothing, go after user name....brilliant.

Yep, when ya got nothing, go after user name....brilliant.
Are you going to answer my clear and specific questions?

Come on. Man up. Show us how informed you are.

He's busy looking it up.

He's busy looking it up.
I doubt that he'll bother.

The alternate universe doesn't require it. Just spout off the talking points, that's good enough.

Shit I even posted Medicare and you 2020 link in another thread, all he has to do is read the 100 plus pages and get back to you.

A survey showing that the poor or indigent are thankful for the crumbs the government gives them means NOTHING.

Except that isn't what it shows. Why would you comment without visiting the link? Why would you "funny" (dislike) facts?

rhqsnyelsk6x4jxswxqvjg.png

everyone likes free plans, that is no revelation. Now, ask a Brit or Canadian if they like their government run medical care, you will get quite a different answer.

and for the record, medicare for all will not be free to anyone (except maybe those in this country illegally)

A survey showing that the poor or indigent are thankful for the crumbs the government gives them means NOTHING.

Except that isn't what it shows. Why would you comment without visiting the link? Why would you "funny" (dislike) facts?

everyone likes free plans, that is no revelation. Now, ask a Brit or Canadian if they like their government run medical care, you will get quite a different answer.

and for the record, medicare for all will not be free to anyone (except maybe those in this country illegally)

“If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free.”

― P.J. O'Rourke

Free from the standpoint of you never get a bill when you are sick or injured. Why Brits and Canadians love it

Medicare is going broke. The Medicare Trustees tell us.
2018 Medicare Trustee Report...
The estimated depletion date for the HI trust fund is 2026, 3 years earlier than in last year’s report.
As in past years, the Trustees have determined that the fund is not adequately financed over the next 10 years.
page 7

As it stands with private insurance... the ENTIRE industry is NOT going to be depleted...UNLESS "Medicare for All" replaces the
1,400 companies that have over 500,000 employees that will be on unemployment insurance, that pay $100 billion a year in Fed/state/local taxes, and
have office buildings that will be empty driving down real estate prices.
NOT one of the the "Medicare for All" advocates have considered THESE expenses.

Each state has a non-profit agency in place to handle the fall of an insurance company.
Every company licensed to sell insurance in that state is required to be a member of the state’s Guaranty Association.
This agency protects consumers from being stuck with unpaid claims.
Once the state courts deem that an insurance company is insolvent the state commissioner will notify policy holders and oversee the liquidation of company assets. These assets are used by the Guaranty Association to pay claims left by the company.
How much do big health insurance companies make? - Health Insurance Providers

Medicare and Tricare aren’t free. The people who get them all paid for them.

Canadians and Brits love their healthcare. Way more than we like ours.

20030325_1.gif

Forum List

Back