The "Pay off the hooker" case

So NY may be the first to indict the former guy, and it would be because he paid off a hooker? Really?

Doesn't sound like a very good idea to me, all things considered. Smerconish nails it:

iu

Nah. Everybody knows he paid off the whore to keep it out of the papers, before the election, so as not to be known as a guy who cheats on his wife, and have it offend the religious right, before they went to the polls. We didn't know he always had to pay off his whores, every time he cheated on his wife. The guy just isn't big on vows, or oaths or fidelity.
Don't get me wrong. He will take one in a heartbeat. He just thinks honoring one is optional.

"Everybody knows".

Really great defense in a court of law.

If hush money is illegal then not a single NDA is valid. If anyone committed an offense it was the slut who took his money then began trying to coerce more later. If he gets convicted of this nonsense it won't harm his electoral chances. In fact, his numbers are likely to increase. The House of Representatives has a slush fund from tax payers to settle claims like this out of court. Should we investigate and indict all of them?
normally the hush money payment would be legal. But Michael Cohen was thrown in jail over it because it was a campaign finance violation. But where Trump is in hot water is the falsification of business records, since reimbursing Cohen was listed as legal expense. Do you remember "individual 1"?

this will likely be insignificant relative to what's gonna happen with Fani WIllis and Jack Smith.

I do wonder if this comparatively minor case burns PR capital.

And that may be the event's true value.
Bringing Stormy back into media coverage ain't a good thing for Trump and his enablers. It is a reminder of the days of 'bad press' for Donald's marriage to the current wife. And that's not a good thing.
Of a similar vein, the Kevin/Fox released video schtick ain't good for the Republican desire to bury the January 6th Insurrection into the mists of time.

Both black-marks are now being brought back onto the public stage once again.

One, is by a prosecutor in New York, who seemingly thinks there's a case there.
The other is a self-inflicted wound by Kevin McCarthy.

So be it.
It makes greater forum fodder.
In fact, with Stormy.....there's the prurient-hook that kinda makes it fun.
Ummm, twice the fun. So to speak ;)

And that may be the event's true value.
Bringing Stormy back into media coverage ain't a good thing for Trump and his enablers. It is a reminder of the days of 'bad press' for Donald's marriage to the current wife. And that's not a good thing.
Of a similar vein, the Kevin/Fox released video schtick ain't good for the Republican desire to bury the January 6th Insurrection into the mists of time.

Both black-marks are now being brought back onto the public stage once again.

One, is by a prosecutor in New York, who seemingly thinks there's a case there.
The other is a self-inflicted wound by Kevin McCarthy.

So be it.
It makes greater forum fodder.
In fact, with Stormy.....there's the prurient-hook that kinda makes it fun.
So to speak.
Remember when you wanted her lawyer Avanetti to run for President

normally the hush money payment would be legal. But Michael Cohen was thrown in jail over it because it was a campaign finance violation. But where Trump is in hot water is the falsification of business records, since reimbursing Cohen was listed as legal expense. Do you remember "individual 1"?

this will likely be insignificant relative to what's gonna happen with Fani WIllis and Jack Smith.

ZOMG!! Bombshell!

Walls are closing in!

Impeachment #3!

Remember when you wanted her lawyer Avanetti to run for President
No, I don't. Can't say I saw anyone on this venue who did. But you be you.

But I do recall when Avenatti was in the news and going after Trump.....I thought it was doppelganger vs doppelganger. Clone Wars. Mirror images of each other.
But Avenati was wittier and funnier and quicker.

And....he's the one who got caught stealing from clients. Trump hadn't yet been caught.

IMHO

Forum List

Back