The Reason for Poverty Among Blacks is Not Racism

What I think is that you all are a bunch of hypocrites. As long as the deck was stacked in favor of whites everything was just peachy keen right?

But the minute the playing field started to be leveled now there is a major crisis of epic proportions right? Whites are allegedly being discriminated against and the fear is spilling out everywhere, it's ridiculous but to be expected.
The playing field isn’t just “leveled” - and it isn’t just now. Blacks have been getting prefential treatment for decades. That’s why black kids with a 3.2 get into medical school and whites don’t have a fighting chance with a 3.6.

And a “level playing field” isn’t one that excludes all whites. A level playing field is one where people are selected on merit, not skin color. You hypocrites are just replacing the black racism of generations ago with white racism today.

I’m not talking about ancestors! There you go again, deflecting,

You made the excuse that poor blacks remain poor because they saw their parents work sunup to sundown, and thus the kids are clueless as to how to get out of poverty. i gave you why that’s a weak excuse, explaining how my parents and their siblings ALSO saw their parents work sunup to sundown, and yet they were able to move from poverty to the middle class is one generation.

And “your“ ancestors. You just gave away that you are indeed black. You are not helping your people ONE bit by sewing resentment against today’s whites for what SOME grandoarents’ grandparents might have done. (Not mine. They were impoverished Jews living in European shtetls.)

Stop with the excuses, and for G-d’s sake, stop going back 200 years. Blacks have been getting preferential treatment for two generations, and that was sufficient for most to become middle class. The ones that haven’t? it says something about THEM. Stop blaming whitey.
Why don't you want me to talk about my ancestors when you have talked about your family members? I know you believe that slavery was a LONG LONG time ago but one of my cousins who I met several decades ago (1984ish) came from parents who lived on the Middleton Plantation. That's where one half of my family originated.

So no, you don't get to talk about your family and how they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps (while not being black) and tell me not to talk about my family whom I'm proud of because they took what they learned while in captivity and used that knowledge and those skills to make a good life for themselves elsewhere as building contractors, the first African Americans to be licensed as such there in their home state.

And it's never been a secret that I'm black, everyone who knows me here, knows that I'm black so I don't why you think I'm giving anything away but let me leave you with this. I was telling another poster about my grandfather who was a Tuskegee Airmen. They accomplished all that they did 20 years at least before the advent of affirmative action, however they faced the same propaganda you all are spewing now - they were given preferential treatment, they took flight slots away from white pilots, white pilots were being discriminated against, etc.

So, were the Tuskegee Airmen causing white pilots to be discriminated against? In your opinion did they deserve the slots they got even if it meant some white pilots didn't get to fly?

Why don't you want me to talk about my ancestors when you have talked about your family members? I know you believe that slavery was a LONG LONG time ago but one of my cousins who I met several decades ago (1984ish) came from parents who lived on the Middleton Plantation. That's where one half of my family originated.

So no, you don't get to talk about your family and how they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps (while not being black) and tell me not to talk about my family whom I'm proud of because they took what they learned while in captivity and used that knowledge and those skills to make a good life for themselves elsewhere as building contractors, the first African Americans to be licensed as such there in their home state.

And it's never been a secret that I'm black, everyone who knows me here, knows that I'm black so I don't why you think I'm giving anything away but let me leave you with this. I was telling another poster about my grandfather who was a Tuskegee Airmen. They accomplished all that they did 20 years at least before the advent of affirmative action, however they faced the same propaganda you all are spewing now - they were given preferential treatment, they took flight slots away from white pilots, white pilots were being discriminated against, etc.

So, were the Tuskegee Airmen causing white pilots to be discriminated against? In your opinion did they deserve the slots they got even if it meant some white pilots didn't get to fly?
Because we all k ow about your ancestors, and yes….it was horrible….but it’s time to stop blaming the problems the subclass of blacks face TODAY on why they remain poor.

And do you realize how all,over the place you are? First, I was addressing you as if you were black.….you came out and said i don’t know if you’re black or white….I said that another poster said you were….and then when you said something about your ancestors and I remarked that you were black…..you said everything on here knows you’re black.

Thats why it’s impossible to debate with you people. You go back generations to explain why SOME blacks are still poor (then why are others not poor?) to use racism as an excuse, when the very topic of this thread is that it is ONE’s OWN CHOICES and not racism.

You try to explain that away by poor parents, woeking sunup to sundown, so how could their kids make good choices, and I explain how my grandparents also worked sunup to sundown, in sweatshops, and my parents made the right choices. So then you go back to ancestors.

You people are such hypocrites.

The playing field isn’t just “leveled” - and it isn’t just now. Blacks have been getting prefential treatment for decades. That’s why black kids with a 3.2 get into medical school and whites don’t have a fighting chance with a 3.6.

And a “level playing field” isn’t one that excludes all whites. A level playing field is one where people are selected on merit, not skin color. You hypocrites are just replacing the black racism of generations ago with white racism today.
LOL, you see black racism EVERYWHERE!

What was there before the Civil Rights Act? Almost 200 years of affirmative action giving preference to whites BY LAW. I bet you or any of yours didn't have a problem with THAT did you? What about the legacy admissions and schools who refused to allow black students to attend. Do you know that one school district in Virginia I think it was, shut down the entire district rather than desegregate after the landmark Supreme Court ruling Brown v Board of Education. They knew the white parents would put their children in private schools while the black parents couldn't afford to do so. So the black students were unable to attend school for something like 3 years that that move got straightened out in court. They hated black people so much that they rather shut down the district that have their children in the same classroom with them. That's really vile however you seem to be unaware of a lot of the racial history of the U.S.

Because we all k ow about your ancestors, and yes….it was horrible….but it’s time to stop blaming the problems the subclass of blacks face TODAY on why they remain poor.

And do you realize how all,over the place you are? First, I was addressing you as if you were black.….you came out and said i don’t know if you’re black or white….I said that another poster said you were….and then when you said something about your ancestors and I remarked that you were black…..you said everything on here knows you’re black.

Thats why it’s impossible to debate with you people. You go back generations to explain why SOME blacks are still poor (then why are others not poor?) to use racism as an excuse, when the very topic of this thread is that it is ONE’s OWN CHOICES and not racism.

You try to explain that away by poor parents, woeking sunup to sundown, so how could their kids make good choices, and I explain how my grandparents also worked sunup to sundown, in sweatshops, and my parents made the right choices.

You people are such hypocrites.
Your family is still not black, so you can't compare your history with ours. There is no further descent into poverty one can make than starting out from being a slave or having been a slave.

And you're misquoting me. I said that you assumed the things you have about me because I am black, not however you jumbled it up.

Good.

Now blacks vote Democrat by choice

Thanks
More like they were trained to live on the plantation. Of course that hasn't really worked out well for most of them. Welfare destroyed their nuclear family and has kept them in economic bondage for almost 100 years. Very sad.

More like they were trained to live on the plantation. Of course that hasn't really worked out well for most of them. Welfare destroyed their nuclear family and has kept them in economic bondage for almost 100 years. Very sad.
Trained? Man that is racist

P.S. Stop with the land stolen form you. You are not getting whites who had nothing to do with slavery pay blacks who are many generations removed to pay you reparations.

My grandmother didn't get reparations from Germany when her OWN mother was MURDERED, and her sister, and her BIL, and her four nieces and nephews. So why should the U.S. pay blacks money for something they didn’t directly suffer from?

LOL, you see black racism EVERYWHERE!

What was there before the Civil Rights Act? Almost 200 years of affirmative action giving preference to whites BY LAW. I bet you or any of yours didn't have a problem with THAT did you? What about the legacy admissions and schools who refused to allow black students to attend. Do you know that one school district in Virginia I think it was, shut down the entire district rather than desegregate after the landmark Supreme Court ruling Brown v Board of Education. They knew the white parents would put their children in private schools while the black parents couldn't afford to do so. So the black students were unable to attend school for something like 3 years that that move got straightened out in court. They hated black people so much that they rather shut down the district that have their children in the same classroom with them. That's really vile however you seem to be unaware of a lot of the racial history of the U.S.
Says the resentful black woman who sees white racism everywhere. I’d cry if I didn’t laugh.

You have very strange thinking

nothing is an excuse for bad behavior

but there was nothing bad white did back in the day that every other race and culture was not doing also
My "strange thinking?"
You just excused slavery, murder, rape, child molestation
BECAUSE
Everyone else was doing it.

Perhaps your "thinking" is what needs reevaluation.

Your family is still not black, so you can't compare your history with ours. There is no further descent into poverty one can make than starting out from being a slave or having been a slave.

And you're misquoting me. I said that you assumed the things you have about me because I am black, not however you jumbled it up.
Oh yes there is - and much more recently. there is no further descent into poverty to seeing the anti-Jewish persecution in Europe growing, and fleeing with NOTHING, and arriving in America penniless, impoverished, uneducated, and then hear how your remaining relatives were slaughtered like vermin, then a generation later having all your kids successful.

And they did thst in one generation without the help of Pell Grants, and Affirmative Action - and in fact the opposite: Jews were kept out of the best colleges. So if Jews could accomplish all that in ine generation, why can’t the blacks remaining in poverty accomplish it two - and buoyed by AA favoritism?

Or, let’s ask another way: why did MOST blacks move into the middle class, leaving just a subset still stuck in poverty?

HINT: Correct choices. Just like my parents made. And my uncle. And my aunt. And all their friends. My parents, well Mom now since Dad passed away (RIPj, had a circle of friends who were from their old poor neighborhood, and they ALL become successful middle class homeowners in a single generation.

You think I'm resentful? You really think I would spend time here if I resented you all? That would be a fool's errand.

Did you not see IM2's page full of the most vile racist comments that anyone would never wish to see?
I have that black racist on ignore. I’m glad you agree he’s a disgusting POS.

Forum List

Back