The Regressive Left and Islam -- What is happening here?

This is so fascinating to watch, and election of London's new mayor is shedding even more light on it.

Members of one specific religion - a religion with a current record of extreme violence, intimidation and terror - are telling us precisely what they're going to do, and they're doing it. It's expansion is clear and rapid and undeniable. We're watching it happen in real time, particularly across Europe. This isn't a partisan or religious opinion, it is a clear fact, based on observation.

Meanwhile, a group of people - the Regressive Left (as honest liberal Bill Maher refers to them), a group all too happy to attack the misdeeds of another religion (Christianity, obviously) in absolutely every possible way, at absolutely every opportunity, are bending over backwards to be defensive and so very tolerant of the first religion. A religion, by the way, that treats women and gays as lesser objects, among other behaviors that the Regressive Leftists loathe.

Exactly what is happening here?

Is this just a petulant, knee-jerk reaction against Christianity and conservatives, is it that simple? Are they willing to be so very tolerant of one specific religion just to be contrarian against certain other people they hate?

Or could it be more? Is this behavior related to the payback tactics that we're seeing with race and wealth? Or perhaps do they harbor certain affinities for the religion to which they won't openly admit?

And directly to the Regressive Leftists here: I'm certainly not, nor do I ever, expect a straight, clear and honest answer from you on this. What I expect from you is the standard deflection, derision, personal insults and name-calling. I know that's what we'll get, it's an easy prediction. This thread is specifically about your behaviors, not about Islam. I'm just curious about this, and perhaps some other responses will shed some light or provide some clues.

A perfect example of fear mongering.
:laugh:

Love it.

It's actually a perfect example of exposing the Regressive Left.

I'll give you credit, though. I didn't predict that particular attempt at deflection - "fear mongering" - so kudos on the creativity.

You know almost nothing about a guy. But because he's Muslim (you don't even know how Muslim he is, does he go to a Mosque every Friday? One a year? Never?) you then go off denouncing him for all the things he's done wrong. When you know nothing.
You people just keep doing it. You can't help yourselves. You just keep deflecting.

This thread is about the behavior of the Regressive Left, and you keep trying to change the subject.

Absolutely fascinating. Who is programming you people?

Papageorgio, check this out.

Fine, this thread is about the left, and what? You're starting from a false premise. So you're basically just coming out with nonsense, and it's still fear mongering.

This is so fascinating to watch, and election of London's new mayor is shedding even more light on it.

Members of one specific religion - a religion with a current record of extreme violence, intimidation and terror - are telling us precisely what they're going to do, and they're doing it. It's expansion is clear and rapid and undeniable. We're watching it happen in real time, particularly across Europe. This isn't a partisan or religious opinion, it is a clear fact, based on observation.

Meanwhile, a group of people - the Regressive Left (as honest liberal Bill Maher refers to them), a group all too happy to attack the misdeeds of another religion (Christianity, obviously) in absolutely every possible way, at absolutely every opportunity, are bending over backwards to be defensive and so very tolerant of the first religion. A religion, by the way, that treats women and gays as lesser objects, among other behaviors that the Regressive Leftists loathe.

Is this just a petulant, knee-jerk reaction against Christianity and conservatives, is it that simple? Are they willing to be so very tolerant of one specific religion just to be contrarian against certain other people they hate?

Or could it be more? Is this behavior related to the payback tactics that we're seeing with race and wealth? Or perhaps do they harbor certain affinities for the religion to which they won't openly admit?

And directly to the Regressive Leftists here: I'm certainly not, nor do I ever, expect a straight, clear and honest answer from you on this. What I expect from you is the standard deflection, derision, personal insults and name-calling. I know that's what we'll get, it's an easy prediction. This thread is specifically about your behaviors, not about Islam. I'm just curious about this, and perhaps some other responses will shed some light or provide some clues.

Love it.

I'll give you credit, though. I didn't predict that particular attempt at deflection - "fear mongering" - so kudos on the creativity.

You know almost nothing about a guy. But because he's Muslim (you don't even know how Muslim he is, does he go to a Mosque every Friday? One a year? Never?) you then go off denouncing him for all the things he's done wrong. When you know nothing.
You people just keep doing it. You can't help yourselves. You just keep deflecting.

This thread is about the behavior of the Regressive Left, and you keep trying to change the subject.

Fine, this thread is about the left, and what? You're starting from a false premise. So you're basically just coming out with nonsense, and it's still fear mongering.
How is it a "false premise" when you jump in and ILLUSTRATE THE VERY POINT I'M MAKING????

Wow.

Love it.

How is it a "false premise" when you jump in and ILLUSTRATE THE VERY POINT I'M MAKING????

Wow.

You know, I can't be bothered with playing pathetic arguing games with you. You go and pretend that you've won some "debate points" and use them to buy some candy...

I think it all comes down to how the American left feel about their own country and culture. They hate it, so naturally they take the side that is counter to it.

Love it.

Wow.

You can make a point when you provide ONE example of someone doing the thing you're ranting about.

You invent the mythical 'regressive left', accuse posters here of belonging to that group, and yet you can't identify one poster here who fits the description,

one poster here who defends Muslim terrorism.

Love it.

Wow.

You can make a point when you provide ONE example of someone doing the thing you're ranting about.

You invent the mythical 'regressive left', accuse posters here of belonging to that group, and yet you can't identify one poster here who fits the description,

one poster here who defends Muslim terrorism.

NY, these same folks would be calling people the "regressive left" for opposing Japanese Internment in the 40s.

Dinner bell/salivation. Dinner bell/salivation. Dinner bell/salivation.

It's really cute how you accuse others of being ignorant when you don't even know that this man has called moderate Muslims "uncle toms" for not being radical enough, has given talks at events organized by hate preachers and has so many links to Jihadists that a person would have to be functionally retarded not to notice.

But, hey -- if you prefer this utterly idiotic lock step orthodoxy because you derive a smug sense that you are "tolerant" for doing so, go for it, child.

Dinner bell/salivation. Dinner bell/salivation. Dinner bell/salivation.

It's really cute how you accuse others of being ignorant when you don't even know that this man has called moderate Muslims "uncle toms" for not being radical enough, has given talks at events organized by hate preachers and has so many links to Jihadists that a person would have to be functionally retarded not to notice.

But, hey -- if you prefer this utterly idiotic lock step orthodoxy because you derive a smug sense that you are "tolerant" for doing so, go for it, child.

Ignorance? Or just knowing that what it is, isn't what you think it is.

In the US an "Uncle Tom" is a black person who has been enslaved, or perceived to have been enslaved.
Outside of the US an "Uncle Tom" is a person who has been enslaved, or perceived to have been enslaved.

Sadiq Khan said to have called moderate Muslim's 'Uncle Toms'

Watch the video.

He uses the term "Uncle Tom" to mean people who get told what they want to hear.

He's not an American. Yes, he's educated, but his view point is probably more east looking than looking west to American history.

He basically says you can't just speak to one type of person, ie, the type of person who says what you want to hear, you have to talk to all people. He wasn't referring to black people, he wasn't referring to anyone of any race.

The fact that he apologized for this is more the politician in him.

He didn't do anything wrong. Just because you want to put your prejudice on this guy, doesn't mean he's a racist.

Picking two words from a whole interview and then slamming him for being a racist, is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

I think it all comes down to how the American left feel about their own country and culture. They hate it, so naturally they take the side that is counter to it.
They've made their hatred for this country's history and traditions clear, that's for sure.

But so much that they deflect in favor of an entire religion? That's a lotta hate right there.

NY, these same folks would be calling people the "regressive left" for opposing Japanese Internment in the 40s.
Interesting that you feel that way about honest liberals Bill Maher & Richard Dawkins, from whom I have borrowed the phrase.

Picking two words from a whole interview and then slamming him for being a racist, is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

You are obviously too stupid to understand the point.

He used this slur to malign Muslims who did not share the Islamist objective when it comes to spreading Islam until there is no other ideology on the planet.

He used this slur to malign Muslims who did not share the Islamist objective when it comes to spreading Islam until there is no other ideology on the planet.
I'd disagree, I don't think they're stupid. They're dishonest.

They know what they're doing, hence their intense opposition in this thread.

They don't like being exposed.

Oh, insults. Did anyone tell you I don't do insulters?

Yeah, having someone rip all your clothes off in public isn't exactly my idea of fun.

However, did you watch the video?

If you didn't know what an "Uncle Tom" was and you saw this video, what do you think you'd describe an "Uncle Tom" as? Go on, have a try.

Yeah, having someone rip all your clothes off in public isn't exactly my idea of fun.

If you didn't know what an "Uncle Tom" was and you saw this video, what do you think you'd describe an "Uncle Tom" as? Go on, have a try.
You're deflecting from the point of the thread.

Again.

Illustrating the point of the thread.

Again.

Thanks, but this has happened so often so far, I really don't need the help.

Again.

Again.

Did I tell you I don't do insulters? You're bitching at me for deflecting........

Again.

Again.

Did I tell you I don't do insulters? You're bitching at me for deflecting........
Just pointing it out.

Do you "feel" insulted?

Again.

Again.

He didn't insult you, he said you are deflecting, you are. He said you are illustrating the point of the thread and you are.

Are you upset that he is right? That isn't insulting.

Well, I don't think dishonesty and stupidity are mutually exclusive, necessarily.

In fact the combination of the two traits makes one perfect fodder for the Islamists.

Forum List

Back