Three Year Old Smacked In The Head

Saying that won't make me "not like you" at all. People can disagree and still hold no personal grudges, though this seems impossible on USMB.

I think you hit on the problem--the bad teachers and schools are getting all the attention. So that makes people think all schools/teachers are bad, which is making our job next to impossible.

So people are quitting, retiring, and not going into teaching.

This is like Defund the Police but for schools. The crime wave as a result is coming, and everyone will hate it. Oh well. Our society sucks.
What the school employee was entirely wrong, but I’m wondering about something else here. The say the child is autistic and nonverbal, and I wondering what sort of school this is and are they trained to work with autistic or is he just shoved into a regular classroom?

The media, in this case the rightwing media, has made it their mission to demonize public school teachers. They take isolated examples, blow them up, imply they are norm and rally professional agitprop organizations to pretend it’s all about “parental rights” (except it is not).
Isolated or not, the employee had no right knocking the kid down. I would never defend such an action. I don’t care what motive is behind it.

And by the way CNN , CBS and NBC, who all reported it are not the right wing media, maybe the school district should not have tried to hide it. A three year old, non-verbal autistic, should not have had their head bounced off a floor and the school should never had tried to cover it up. That is the reason it made news, and the parent had every right in the world to post it and expose the school, do stupid things, get unwanted bad publicity.

I dunno.....I think kids need to be smacked around a little more. Not because of anger on the part of adults, but as part of discipline.

However, that whacking shouldn't really start until they are little older.

Whacking a 3 year old is hard to imagine.

I would think never in the head though.

No.
He didn't.
He pushed the kid's head down.

Like there's actually a difference? 🙄

3 year old NON-VERBAL child running into danger.
1st responsibility to control the child w/o hurting...accomplished.
2nd duty, return the child safely to the classroom...accomplished.

He protected the kid
He did so w/o injuring himself or the kid.

What exactly is the problem?

Kid carried upside down? He's wearing shoes and fighting. "Hug" him and ket kicked, scratched, possibly injuring himself and the kid.
Hit to head? Never happened. He pushed the kid down.

Just more faux rage to feed the racists and the public school haters.
You support smacking three year old black children in the head and are calling OTHER people the racists?

It's almost as if words have no meaning for you weird authoritarians.

You support smacking three year old black children in the head and are calling OTHER people the racists? It's almost as if words have no meaning for you weird authoritarians.
Did you notice the color of the adult? You can call him a child abuser but not a racist. Now your statement was racist.

The media, in this case the rightwing media, has made it their mission to demonize public school teachers. They take isolated examples, blow them up, imply they are norm and rally professional agitprop organizations to pretend it’s all about “parental rights” (except it is not).

You're not telling me anything I don't know. To be fair, some of the stuff in schools is horrendous and needs to be exposed. To the extent my fellow conservatives believe this goes on in every classroom in every school across the USA is ludicrous to the point of laughable.

But again. We live in a stupid, laughable age.

What the school employee was entirely wrong, but I’m wondering about something else here. The say the child is autistic and nonverbal, and I wondering what sort of school this is and are they trained to work with autistic or is he just shoved into a regular classroom?

Well this is a three year old, so I don't know. I do know that Least Restrictive Environment means that these students ARE put in gen ed classrooms and, when they kick, hit, bite (yes), spit (yes), and throw things, they are usually sent right back.

Because as soon as they're rendered "stable", Least Restrictive Environment says they have to go right back.

I'm sounding a gong here that everyone is ignoring. Because it's a huge, huge, HUGE problem. If there is one issue I would pull my child from public schools for, it IS NOT "woke" stuff. It is actual physical danger presented by other children, which we (because we love victims in our society) brush under the rug because the perpetrators have "issues", "diagnoses" or what have you.

Let me tell you.

If your 6 yo daughter gets a black eye at school, that eye is blackened whether the child who did it has a dx or not.

But if the child who did it has a dx, when your daughter tells the teacher "I don't feel safe with him in the room", she will get a big, fat shrug.

Let me guess. You voted for Trump because you liked his healthcare plan. :abgg2q.jpg: Trump was elected because he hates the same people that you do.

So what you have--evidence that I'm racist--is that I voted for Trump.

Biden has said incredibly more racist things than Trump said. Did you vote for him? Then by your own standards, you are a racist.

Isolated or not, the employee had no right knocking the kid down. I would never defend such an action. I don’t care what motive is behind it.

I absolutely agree.

And by the way CNN , CBS and NBC, who all reported it are not the right wing media, maybe the school district should not have tried to hide it.
No they aren’t. And notice there is no accompanying smearing of teachers as a group.

A three year old, non-verbal autistic, should not have had their head bounced off a floor and the school should never had tried to cover it up. That is the reason it made news, and the parent had every right in the world to post it and expose the school, do stupid things, get unwanted bad publicity.
No disagreement from me on that.

I absolutely agree.

No they aren’t. And notice there is no accompanying smearing of teachers as a group.

No disagreement from me on that.
What right wing media was making it about all teachers, none was posted, just NBC’s was cited and you come up with right wing media spinning? People on here may have said all but no right wing media was nowhere cited in this thread, you brought in an aspect that wasn’t even involved. You deliberately spun much like those on here spun the other way. Only a couple posters spun it as all but three other posters spun it exactly the opposite as no big deal.

What right wing media was making it about all teachers, none was posted, just NBC’s was cited and you come up with right wing media spinning? People on here may have said all but no right wing media was nowhere cited in this thread, you brought in an aspect that wasn’t even involved. You deliberately spun much like those on here spun the other way. Only a couple posters spun it as all but three other posters spun it exactly the opposite as no big deal.
I was speaking in a more general way: the rightwing media will take the most outrageous examples of teacher conduct related to their culture war and use it to paint the entire position. That is one thing I have seldom seen when comes to the left and public school teachers.

Interestingly, they seem to be notably absent here where there is possible real abuse occurring.

Say what you want about “spinning”.

Let me guess. You voted for Trump because you liked his healthcare plan. :abgg2q.jpg: Trump was elected because he hates the same people that you do.
I didn’t vote for Trump for many reasons but I did like some of his ideas like trying to make Congress responsible for immigration laws and policies. The idea of pushing Congress do what they are elected to do is needed, currently all they do now is investigate the other party and it is sickening. I didn’t vote for Hillary because she, like Trump was to abrasive and did not like her policies. Biden is a joke, he is a racist, just like Trump and it is quite obvious he has some cognitive issues. Give me someone, I don’t care about color, sex, race, that will cut debt and they have my vote. Right now we need a party for the people, not another party for the rich and we don’t have that.

I was speaking in a more general way: the rightwing media will take the most outrageous examples of teacher conduct related to their culture war and use it to paint the entire position. That is one thing I have seldom seen when comes to the left and public school teachers.

Interestingly, they seem to be notably absent here where there is possible real abuse occurring.

Say what you want about “spinning”.
A three year old getting their head pushed to the floor and having it bounce off a cement based flooring isn’t abuse? Ok, if that is what you want to believe And I didn’t see the right wing media in this story at all.

You support smacking three year old black children in the head and are calling OTHER people the racists?

It's almost as if words have no meaning for you weird authoritarians.
You are, of course, a liar.
and
What does one have to do with the other...
UNLESS
OF COURSE...

Your judgement us based purely on the race of the man.

RACIST.

Forum List

Back