To hell with compromise.

Oh you dont know the facts yet you just spouted what they told you to think?

Ok Ill be right back with the facts you will then quickly ignore.

Lol you seem to think I care to defend anyone in the R or D party.

United States Postal Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

why did you pretend this wasnt true?

Congressional role

Of related significance is the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 (PAEA), which obligates the USPS to prefund 75 years' worth of future health care benefit payments to retirees within a ten-year time span – a requirement to which no other government organization is subject. Thus, in addition to the weak economy and the diversion of mail to electronic means, the mandates of PAEA have had a considerable impact on Postal Service finances. As a consequence, it has been charged that the US Postal Service budget crisis of 2011 is, in essence, an artificial one.

So youre blaming the Tea Party alone for a bill that passed a DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED Congress and was cosponsored by a democrat? I get it.

enacted on December 20, 2006

you see there was an election in 2006 and those people didnt take office UNTIL jan 2007.

Now why are you defending the republicans again?

Oh you dont know the facts yet you just spouted what they told you to think?

Ok Ill be right back with the facts you will then quickly ignore.

Congressional role

Of related significance is the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act of 2006 (PAEA), which obligates the USPS to prefund 75 years' worth of future health care benefit payments to retirees within a ten-year time span – a requirement to which no other government organization is subject. Thus, in addition to the weak economy and the diversion of mail to electronic means, the mandates of PAEA have had a considerable impact on Postal Service finances. As a consequence, it has been charged that the US Postal Service budget crisis of 2011 is, in essence, an artificial one.

Quite a few Dems sponsored the PAEA law...
Sponsor

John McHugh R-

Co-Sponsors

Neil Abercrombie
Thomas Allen
Rep. Robert Andrews [D, NJ-1]
Rep. Joe Baca [D, CA-43]
Rep. Spencer Bachus [R, AL-6]
Brian Baird
Rep. Tammy Baldwin [D, WI-2]
Rep. Charles Bass [R, NH-2]
Rep. Xavier Becerra [D, CA-31]
Rep. Shelley Berkley [D, NV-1]
Rep. Howard Berman [D, CA-28]

More Dem sponsors on the list in this link...

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/109-h22/show

So why do you claim it was only the right that wanted to do this?

Congressional role

So youre blaming the Tea Party alone for a bill that passed a DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED Congress and was cosponsored by a democrat? I get it.

The House and the Senate were both controlled by the Republicans in 2006 you blubbering idiot.Its difficult for me to even comprehend that someone with your level of ignorance and stupidity would bother to open his mouth in a serious conversation anywhere.

Last edited:
Go easy hes likely just a kid who just now realised the libertarian positions are not as smart as he previously thought.

My mistake on Congress. It was still cosponsored by a democrat and passed with unanimous consent in the senate. You can't only blame the tea party lol.

Either way, government sucks and I wish they'd stay out of those sort of things.

I blamed the republicans.

Why you lying asbout that?

Now who wrote it and promoted the law and what was the final vote tally?

My mistake on Congress. It was still cosponsored by a democrat and passed with unanimous consent in the senate. You can't only blame the tea party lol.

Either way, government sucks and I wish they'd stay out of those sort of things.

I want to thank you for amitting you were wrong on this one issue.

Its not often someone on the right admitts they are wrong to me no matter how obvious the facts are.

Its not often someone on the right admitts they are wrong to me no matter how obvious the facts are.

Its all Obama's fault!

Federalists would have hung Confederates in a flash.

The Hartford Convention (1814) was about amending the Constitution.

Charleston (1860) was about breaking up the country.

Actually, I suspect MOST of the Founding Fathers (probably all except the New Englanders) would have been staunch Confederates. But that's all right...you prove your ignorance every day, what's one more example?

What a stupid statement. The Federalists got just about everything they wanted in the Constitution.

I blamed the republicans.

Why you lying asbout that?

Now who wrote it and promoted the law and what was the final vote tally?

Jul 26th On passage Passed by recorded vote: 410 - 20 (Roll no. 430).
Jul 26th Received in the Senate. Read twice. Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 176.
Feb 8th Passed Senate with an amendment by Unanimous Consent.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/109-h22/actions?page=2

You're welcome.

Now liberty why did the republicans promote and pass this law even if they fooled some on the left into voting for it?

BTW one of those named dem sponsers was my rep until this election when the people finnally had a chance to get him out.

Dude show me once where I said the bill was a good idea or defended it? I just said you cant blame only republicans when it passed with unanimous consent and had democrat cosponsors

I want government to protect freedom and that is it.

Quit fucking acting like Democrats are different than Republicans. Obama has continued almost every single policy of GWB and has doubled down on many. They are Statists.

It depends on what you mean by ‘government.’

If by ‘government’ you’re including the courts, then the courts are the component of government that protects our freedom, in the context of the rule of law.

The legislative component, however, is always going to seek more power, and attempt to restrict liberty accordingly.

The role of judicial review and the courts, therefore, is to afford the citizen a process by which he can challenge legislative actions deemed detrimental to individual liberty, and when those actions are found to be offensive to the Constitution, they are invalidated.

Although it is incumbent upon legislative entities to enact measures in accordance with the Constitution and its case law, in good faith, and those measures are presumed to be Constitutional until such time as a court rules otherwise, they are nonetheless creatures of the political realm and often more interested in pandering to particular constituencies than obeying the rule of law.

You and other libertarians seem to have the naïve fantasy that ‘government’ will somehow realize a judicious equilibrium of benevolence, when in fact this will never happen. We are a Nation born of conflict and controversy – that conflict will forever be a part of who we are. And for the foreseeable future there will be a reactionary component of our society – represented mostly by conservatives and libertarians – fearful of change, diversity, and dissent, seeking to return the Nation to an idealized past that never existed to begin with.

Consequently, in an effort to resist this change, conservatives, for the most part, will work to undermine our existing rights of privacy and due process and attempt to prevent other citizens from realizing their equal protection rights.

Thus conservative reactionaryism poses the greatest threat to our civil liberties, and to our Nation overall.

Forum List

Back