Trump Claims He Has Every Right To Prosecute His Enemies

Nothing he has said or done indicates an intention to do so. He is making a point. He is being treated unfairly and would be justified in retaliating.

But in his last term, the people he appointed as AG had the balls to tell him, NO, when he wanted to do something untoward. He will do so again. He will appoint someone with integrity in the mold of Bill Barr, and that person will not pursue a political vendetta for the President.

Trump spent his entire term "investigating the investigators" and coming up empty. He raged at Barr for failing to indict any Democrats before the election. Barr went around the world looking for evidence of Democrat corruption and criminality and came back with more evidence of Trump's criminality - which he buried.

Trump is absolutely NOT being treated unfairly. He's been given every break and indulgence possible.

Your denial is of the fact that the FEC did nothing. That’s the bottom line.

And Bragg has no jurisdiction.

You can keep complaining that counsel said other shit. But that doesn’t alter the outcome.

Muddle on.

The FEC is composed of 3 Republicans and 3 Democrats. They "did nothing" because Republicans refused to prosecute Trump, not because there was nothing to find.

Bragg had jurisdiction on the falsifying records case. It's a state charge. He filed 34 such cases just since the first of the year.

The FEC is composed of 3 Republicans and 3 Democrats. They "did nothing" because Republicans refused to prosecute Trump, not because there was nothing to find.

Bragg had jurisdiction on the falsifying records case. It's a state charge. He filed 34 such cases just since the first of the year.
You’re late to the show.

And you’re just as irrelvant.

The fact remains: they did nothing.

“Trump Claims He Has Every Right To Prosecute His Enemies”

Of course he does – Trump is a wannabe despot and dictator, an authoritarian enemy of democracy who would lawlessly use the power of the state to engage in meritless, revenge-driven prosecution of those who oppose him absent any evidence of a crime.

This is further proof that Trump is unfit to be president.

Trump claims he has right, but I doubt his ability. He certainly needs to step up and change his reputation from firing people to hiring people. His judgement for talent is sorely lacking.

Trump claims he has right, but I doubt his ability. He certainly needs to step up and change his reputation from firing people to hiring people. His judgement for talent is sorely lacking.
Trump has always had the right to order investigations.

Trump cannot electively order prosecution of people. Judges don't accept indictments that say "cuz I feel like it". Of course Trump the drooling moron doesn't know that.

Nothing he has said or done indicates an intention to do so. He is making a point. He is being treated unfairly and would be justified in retaliating.

But in his last term, the people he appointed as AG had the balls to tell him, NO, when he wanted to do something untoward. He will do so again. He will appoint someone with integrity in the mold of Bill Barr, and that person will not pursue a political vendetta for the President.

No criminal has ever been treated with more kid gloves and allowed more chances than Donald Trump. He did the crime and he was caught, end of story. The fact that he would come out and say he would to retaliate against his political enemies, which is precisely what a wannabe dictator would do, is exactly why people thinks Trump is a danger to democracy.

‘I Would Have Every Right To Go After Them’

Surveying the news of the past 24 hours, we’re presented with a particularly sobering reflection of our current state of affairs. I will lay it out brick by brick in the items below, but first I want to circle back to Donald Trump’s appearance two nights ago on Sean Hannity’s Fox News program.

Hannity asked a leading question, clearly trying to throw Trump a softball that will let him deny his intention to use the office of the presidency to exact retribution against his political foes – even though Trump has spent many months now promising to do precisely that.

At first, Trump took the easy swing and suggested that he won’t perpetuate what he implies is a cycle of retribution he’s already been victimized by. But then he launched into an extended justification of doing exactly what he had just disclaimed and asserting that he has “every right to go after them”:

This could be one of the better cons he's invented in a while. Setting up a win-win scenario by which should he be re-elected he can claim righteousness and excite the base for going after his proclaimed enemies, or get credit with the minions if he does not. Because if he goes after those who have held him accountable for his many crimes he'll say he's justified. If he doesn't he'll say he is showing great restraint. The Following will love him either way. This guy is a genius in a manipulative, malevolent kind of way.

Same thing with the hush money trial. Win or lose he set up a construct by which he was being unfairly treated by the system. Acquittal.......the charges were made up. Conviction.......the charges were made up. Amazingly, the rubes fell for it AGAIN.

Right out of the dictator 101 handbook.

Yeah. You did. You still are.
You're delusional. Show me where I denied it.
No. I’m telling you that the official determination trumps your wishful thinking.
What official determination? They didn't find him innocent of anything, which is what you implied, but later admitted that the FEC never finds anyone innocent. There was no official determination. The only vote taken was to ignore the matter. You interpret that one way, I interpret it differently. The only difference is my interpretation is backed up by the statement from the FEC commissioners at the time and yours is based on wishful thinking.

Facts state otherwise simp
Weaponizing the DoJ would be like telling them to issue a statement that they found fraud in the election when they hadn't.

Biden has not had any influence on the decisions to prosecute Trump.

‘I Would Have Every Right To Go After Them’

Surveying the news of the past 24 hours, we’re presented with a particularly sobering reflection of our current state of affairs. I will lay it out brick by brick in the items below, but first I want to circle back to Donald Trump’s appearance two nights ago on Sean Hannity’s Fox News program.

Hannity asked a leading question, clearly trying to throw Trump a softball that will let him deny his intention to use the office of the presidency to exact retribution against his political foes – even though Trump has spent many months now promising to do precisely that.

At first, Trump took the easy swing and suggested that he won’t perpetuate what he implies is a cycle of retribution he’s already been victimized by. But then he launched into an extended justification of doing exactly what he had just disclaimed and asserting that he has “every right to go after them”:

This could be one of the better cons he's invented in a while. Setting up a win-win scenario by which should he be re-elected he can claim righteousness and excite the base for going after his proclaimed enemies, or get credit with the minions if he does not. Because if he goes after those who have held him accountable for his many crimes he'll say he's justified. If he doesn't he'll say he is showing great restraint. The Following will love him either way. This guy is a genius in a manipulative, malevolent kind of way.

Same thing with the hush money trial. Win or lose he set up a construct by which he was being unfairly treated by the system. Acquittal.......the charges were made up. Conviction.......the charges were made up. Amazingly, the rubes fell for it AGAIN.

His enemies are traitors and Communists, so yeah. He'd better

Weaponizing the DoJ would be like telling them to issue a statement that they found fraud in the election when they hadn't.

Biden has not had any influence on the decisions to prosecute Trump.
Care to explain why the assistant attorney general left his job to go work for Bragg?

Forum List

Back