Trump lawyer: Mueller improperly obtained transition documents in Russia probe

I have reserved judgment on this investigation from the start, based off of the *good* things I heard about Robert Mueller. But now, given the wealth of information pointing to a lack of integrity in his investigation and in the FBI higher echelon, I have no choice but to say this investigation was a full on sham. I am convinced of that now. I am also convinced it was a plot to deny Trump the presidency... which as you can see failed miserably. I don't say things like "it was a plot" lightly.

Just because someone says something does not mean it's true.

If "Trump's lawyers" had any case (against GSA who released records, not Mueller btw) they would bring it TO COURT. They don't and they won't because it is just a PR stunt.

The closer Mueller is getting the more intense these efforts will get by Trump and his minions.

They will pump out Baghad Bob style bullshit everyday (My wires illegally tapped! Bias! Investigation almost over! Waste of time! Nothing to Russia thing FBI director was fired over! Junior was just discussing kid adoption with Russians! Illegally obtained emails!)

This is how Trump machine has been working since the days of him calling newspapers under a false identity and spreading rumors about himself.

You are dealing with a totally amoral, anything-goes perpetual bullshit machine and have to be careful to not take anything it produces at face value. FACT CHECK.

funny how you say just because someone says something doesn't make it true then turn around and do just what you discredited.

this is also how the anti-trump machine works. fling that shit on the wall. push what sticks, fling something else to replace what doesn't.

"Mueller improperly obtaining records" is a bullshit PR stunt.

Agree? Or do we need to go over the FACTS again?
well since - to me - the entire RUSSIA / TRUMP crap is political PR bullshit, pass.
Mr honesty ?? Yeah those 19 meetings Trump people had with top Russians were all talking about Vodka And trump bashes his countrymen but kisses putins ass?? Doesn't give you a clue?? Huh?
prove to me beyond your 3rd grade I HATE TRUMP rantings there was anything wrong with those meetings.

well since - to me - the entire RUSSIA / TRUMP crap is political PR bullshit, pass.

See there you go again - unable to admit facts, so you deflect.
i've just talked to you enough to know what you and i call "facts" is usually not even close to the same thing so there is no sense in frustrating myself at your expense.

Your water muddying is pathetic. Facts are Facts and there is nothing to these charges.

"Mueller improperly obtaining records" is a false narrative.

Disagree? Ok tell me in which way that is less than factual.

Listen, do yourself a favor and don't get all in on the manure bandwagon. This admin lies daily and instead of rationalizing it with but-what-aboutisms you should do right by your integrity and condemn it.
Trump used Russia to win the election is a false narrative.

nothing has been proven and every time you THINK you have the smoking gun, some form of water comes out the tip and you realize you're back to square 1.

That's not a narrative that is a STRAWMAN you are deflecting to, because you know you can't argue what this thread is about specifically.

You are BAILING on discussing facts.

Investigation is about Russian interference in our election. It was not specifically about TRUMP or him winning.

2 people ALREADY pleaded guilty, 2 more are indicted and we have much more to come by all indications.. This is a serious, ongoing investigation no amount of deflections and denial will make go away.
it would be impossible for me to put up a strawman when in fact i'm just not playing your game. so - you would be giving me said strawman to use because you refuse to read what i'm saying.

OF WHICH is why i don't play these games with you.

If "Trump's lawyers" had any case (against GSA who released records, not Mueller btw) they would bring it TO COURT. They don't and they won't because it is just a PR stunt.

The closer Mueller is getting the more intense these efforts will get by Trump and his minions.

They will pump out Baghad Bob style bullshit everyday (My wires illegally tapped! Bias! Investigation almost over! Waste of time! Nothing to Russia thing FBI director was fired over! Junior was just discussing kid adoption with Russians! Illegally obtained emails!)

This is how Trump machine has been working since the days of him calling newspapers under a false identity and spreading rumors about himself.

You are dealing with a totally amoral, anything-goes perpetual bullshit machine and have to be careful to not take anything it produces at face value. FACT CHECK.

funny how you say just because someone says something doesn't make it true then turn around and do just what you discredited.

this is also how the anti-trump machine works. fling that shit on the wall. push what sticks, fling something else to replace what doesn't.

Mr honesty ?? Yeah those 19 meetings Trump people had with top Russians were all talking about Vodka And trump bashes his countrymen but kisses putins ass?? Doesn't give you a clue?? Huh?
prove to me beyond your 3rd grade I HATE TRUMP rantings there was anything wrong with those meetings.
How many including Sessions lied about the meetings Can't a supposedly smart guy like you add 2+2?

AND why aren't republicans helping instead of HINDERING investigations into Russian involvement in our elections ?

My answer would be the scum are party first country last

See there you go again - unable to admit facts, so you deflect.
i've just talked to you enough to know what you and i call "facts" is usually not even close to the same thing so there is no sense in frustrating myself at your expense.

Your water muddying is pathetic. Facts are Facts and there is nothing to these charges.

Listen, do yourself a favor and don't get all in on the manure bandwagon. This admin lies daily and instead of rationalizing it with but-what-aboutisms you should do right by your integrity and condemn it.

nothing has been proven and every time you THINK you have the smoking gun, some form of water comes out the tip and you realize you're back to square 1.

That's not a narrative that is a STRAWMAN you are deflecting to, because you know you can't argue what this thread is about specifically.

Investigation is about Russian interference in our election. It was not specifically about TRUMP or him winning.

2 people ALREADY pleaded guilty, 2 more are indicted and we have much more to come by all indications.. This is a serious, ongoing investigation no amount of deflections and denial will make go away.
it would be impossible for me to put up a strawman when in fact i'm just not playing your game. so - you would be giving me said strawman to use because you refuse to read what i'm saying.

giphy.gif

What part of "Trump won because of Russians is a strawman" do you not understand?

Russian interference causing or not causing a Trump win is IRRELEVANT to this investigation. All that matters is that Russians TRIED, successfully or not, to illegally subvert the American political process.

You can and you did put up that strawman.

That's Mueller's job, and he is doing it. Be patient.

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44
"I was the executive director of Obama's '08 transition. Norm is right.
There is no expectation of privacy in transition emails:
1) they have a .gov address;
2) they were created with govt-supplied equipment; and
3) they sat on govt servers.

This is just whining from Trump team https://twitter.com/NormEisen/status/942251047799672832 … 8:50 AM - Dec 17, 2017

Executive privilege does not apply until you are the executive; these documents are from the transition, before Trump became the executive; QED no executive privilege. Grasping at straws here.
Wrong..

As I posted above, the privilege begins when he became president elect. It required a warrant which they did not get. Game Over

You used a blog post to support your position..

Here is some Case Law: Executive Privilege – D.C. Circuit Defines Scope of Presidential Communications Privilege, 111 Harv. L. Rev. 861 (1998)

As I posted above, the privilege begins when he became president elect. It required a warrant which they did not get. Game Over

Show us why it's privileged.
He can't.

giphy.gif

What part of "Trump won because of Russians is a strawman" do you not understand?

Russian interference causing or not causing a Trump win is IRRELEVANT to this investigation. All that matters is that Russians TRIED, successfully or not, to illegally subvert the American political process.

pretty sure russia does this every election.
pretty sure we do it also.

now it ONLY matters THIS TIME because hillary lost and the liberals can't handle it.

giphy.gif

now it ONLY matters THIS TIME because hillary lost and the liberals can't handle it.
It matters this time because it was by far the biggest effort yet and involved criminal activity.

giphy.gif

It matters this time because it was by far the biggest effort yet and involved criminal activity.
and hillary lost.

pretty sure we do it also. now it ONLY matters THIS TIME because hillary lost and the liberals can't handle it.
No.

This time the GOP campaign apparently colluded with the Russians, then lied about, and has continued obstructing the investigation about it.

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44
"I was the executive director of Obama's '08 transition. Norm is right.
There is no expectation of privacy in transition emails:
1) they have a .gov address;
2) they were created with govt-supplied equipment; and
3) they sat on govt servers.

This is just whining from Trump team https://twitter.com/NormEisen/status/942251047799672832 … 8:50 AM - Dec 17, 2017

Executive privilege does not apply until you are the executive; these documents are from the transition, before Trump became the executive; QED no executive privilege. Grasping at straws here.
Wrong..

You used a blog post to support your position..

Here is some Case Law: Executive Privilege – D.C. Circuit Defines Scope of Presidential Communications Privilege, 111 Harv. L. Rev. 861 (1998)

Show us why it's privileged.
He can't.
Billy Bo Bo Bob pretty much had his nuts crushed in this thread.

Then again, he's been making it a habit for well on a decade now.

pretty sure we do it also. now it ONLY matters THIS TIME because hillary lost and the liberals can't handle it.
No.

This time the GOP campaign apparently colluded with the Russians, then lied about, and has continued obstructing the investigation about it.
What imo will be interesting is what will be the public response if we learn for certain that the campaign got specific facebook or email addresses from the KGB and if there is no smoking gun showing Trump made an agreement to do something for them.

The GAO stuff? The GAO deals with public record access. Presidents maintain their own records until they leave office. Why Trump's administration would be so mind numbingly stupid as to turn over emails that allegedly have attorney client communications to the agency charged with making records available to the American public is ..... well, not a surprise. LOL

no one would give these 19 in person meetings a second thought other than being uncommon for any campaign team to have soooo many Russian contacts,

IF Trump had not LIED over and over and over and over about it, denying there were any contacts with Russians at all,

then Sessions lied about the meetings he had, and Flynn lied about his contacts, and Kushner then lied about his Russian contacts and dealings with the Russians, then Don Jr lied about his contacts and then Pappadopolis lied about his, and Manafort and Gates lied about their contacts.....

:rolleyes:

no one would give them a second thought other than being uncommon for any campaign team to have soooo many Russian contacts,

IF Trump had not LIED over and over and over and over about it, denying there were any contacts with Russians at all, then Sessions lied about the meetings he had, and Flynn lied about his contacts, and Kushner then lied about his Russian contacts and dealings with the Russians, then Don Jr lied about his contacts and then Pappadopolis lied about his, and Manafort and gates lied about their contacts.....

how many did they have, under what context did he have them, and how many is considered "normal"?

giphy.gif

And you're going to post here you believe the EXTENT of russian interference in this election was not many times greater than ever before?

no one would give them a second thought other than being uncommon for any campaign team to have soooo many Russian contacts,

IF Trump had not LIED over and over and over and over about it, denying there were any contacts with Russians at all, then Sessions lied about the meetings he had, and Flynn lied about his contacts, and Kushner then lied about his Russian contacts and dealings with the Russians, then Don Jr lied about his contacts and then Pappadopolis lied about his, and Manafort and gates lied about their contacts.....

You almost get the impression that they didn't know what they were doing, don't you. And now, 6 mos after Mueller got copies of emails, they come up with the claim ... Mueller didn't have a right to access the records we turned over to the public records management people.

No.

What imo will be interesting is what will be the public response if we learn for certain that the campaign got specific facebook or email addresses from the KGB and if there is no smoking gun showing Trump made an agreement to do something for them.

The GAO stuff? The GAO deals with public record access. Presidents maintain their own records until they leave office. Why Trump's administration would be so mind numbingly stupid as to turn over emails that allegedly have attorney client communications to the agency charged with making records available to the American public is ..... well, not a surprise. LOL
They waived any right of attorney-client privilege by communicating on a .gov account.

When someone signs up for a .gov email account -- they agree to the terms and conditions and it is clearly stated whenever they sign on there is no expectation of privacy and that the GSA monitors the account.

Forum List

Back