Trump thinks he can change the Constitution via EO

One of the most egregious policies that the DemonRATS have forced Americans to pay for....You can bet the house the DemonRATS and subversive media will be taking that to court and screaming like little bitches!!!! THIS will be the time when JUSTICE KAVANAUGH will shine like the brilliant jurist he is!!!

FULL TITLE: Trump to revoke birthright citizenship: President slams 'ridiculous' right of children born to illegal immigrants and vows to end it with executive order

Donald Trump plans to revoke the automatic citizenship rights of children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants and other non-citizens.

In an interview with Axios, the president said he wants to sign an executive order ending the practice of giving citizenship to those who conservatives have long termed 'anchor babies.'

Trump, who has long been critical of the practice, said: 'We're the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States... with all of those benefits. It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. And it has to end.'

The 14th Amendment of the Constitution, written in 1868, states: 'All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.'Everyone who is

Trump insists he can change the way the Amendment is interpreted by the federal government, without amending the Constitution itself, and can do it through an executive order.

Several Republicans running for president in 2016, including Trump and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, argued at the time that the phrase 'subject to the jurisdiction' refers only to people with a legal right to be in the country.

In a preview of an HBO documentary scheduled to air on Sunday, Trump reveals that 'it was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't.'

Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Everyone who is here legally or illegally are subject to the jurisdiction of the state and country. Break a law and you can be arrested even if you are a tourist. It takes a constitutional amendment. This s a scheme by white supremacists to take back power.
No, it is how a NEW SCOTUS INTERPRETS this amendment....especially now with 5 Constitutionalists on board.

The legal wiggle room occurs due to the "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" phrase. It can be argued that the illegal alien has placed themselves out side of such jurisdiction by being in the country illegally. Hence, said births are also outside of said jurisdiction thus denying a legitimate claim to citizenship. The legal objective is to establish that offspring of illegal aliens have no legal standing to sue for citizenship.

They are not outside of the jurisdiction of the state or country. If they commit a crime, they can be charged with a crime.

He lost the PV and won the EC by 80,000 votes in 3 states.
Yeah, yeah, I know, he lost at Checkers, while winning the Chess game, all the useful idiots from Crime Family-D never stop whining about it.

The fact remains that he won the Presidency and Crime Family-R won the House based in part on immigration "red meat" rhetoric, which means it worked, so anybody that's surprised he's trying it again isn't paying attention to reality.

I hope they do try to overturn the Constitution by EO. What’s next? No more 1st Amendment?
LOL, Nobody is trying to "overturn the Constitution by EO", if it's issued all it will do is force the Judicial Branch to rule on the question, Trump and his gang of political buzzards know that.

It’s a textbook definition of overturning the Constitution by EO.

Or at least trying to.

At least that is how the Dems will portray it. I only hope it happens before the election
-------------------------- TRUMPS 'EO' is not serious . The 'EO' talk is simply a tactic designed by the TRUMP for votes Candy .
I highly doubt that.
----------------------------------------- if talking to me , this EO is simply a Tactic for his Deplorable people and on the fence Deplorables that will be going out to vote in a few days PTBW .
No, it isn't.

Trump made a promise to deal with this issue in the 2016 election.

Dqw00PeVAAAWNnG.jpg
I already quoted the Congressional Record in post 70.

This proves the intent of the 14th amendment was that everyone born here is automatically a US citizen with the exception of children born to ambassadors and foreign ministers.

Trump can't undo that with an EO, and he knows it. So there is only one reason he said he was going to do it, and that is to pander to the ignorant racist vote.

After the recent wave of right wing domestic terrorism, Trump is still stoking the fires of hate.

Source: CNBC.COM original story on Axios
Trump wants to sign an order to end birthright citizenship, setting up a constitutional battle

"President Donald Trump is planning to terminate birthright citizenship, according to a report by Axios, potentially setting up another stand-off between the U.S. president and the courts.

Trump plans to sign an executive order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil, he said Monday, according to Axios which used the exclusive interview to promote a new documentary series called "Axios on HBO."

"This would be the most dramatic move yet in Trump's hardline immigration campaign, this time targeting 'anchor babies' and 'chain migration'," Axios said in its report.

Trump's comments come as he continues to push a hard anti-immigration line ahead of the midterms this month, and many experts will highlight that it's not within the president's power to change birthright citizenship.

"It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump reportedly said, declaring he can do it by using an executive order.

Trump said he had run the idea of ending birthright citizenship by his counsel and plans to proceed, despite likely controversy. However, during the same interview Trump expressed surprise that Axios knew about his secret plan: "I didn't think anybody knew that but me. I thought I was the only one," he said."

Let the fun, games and gnashing of teeth begin.

This should be an interesting court battle if President Twitter follows through with the Executive Order since the courts have never ruled on the question of whether or not the 14th Amendment applies to illegal immigrants or foreigners with temporary legal status.

Personally I don't think he's going to win this battle but I guess we'll see.

"May you live in interesting times" -- Chinese Curse

I hope not.

The idea that a president, any president can overturn a constitutional amendment by EO should scare the shit out of us.

He can't. What he can do is declare martial law and suspend the Constitution.
You're a fine American indeed.

14th Amendment was written for the benefit of post Civil War slaves and is outdated.No other country has birthright citizenship to non citizen parents. We shouldn't either.
`
You are right. The same applies to: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." applies only to the time around the revolutionary war and is outdated.

Why wouldn't they? From what I have been reading the anchor baby crap is an ASSUMPTION the 14th amendment allows that...its not a set in stone thing.

For the legal and historical background, see here (but also read the linked article, which goes into more detail).

Trump wants to sign an order to end birthright citizenship, setting up a constitutional battle

"President Donald Trump is planning to terminate birthright citizenship, according to a report by Axios, potentially setting up another stand-off between the U.S. president and the courts.

Trump plans to sign an executive order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil, he said Monday, according to Axios which used the exclusive interview to promote a new documentary series called "Axios on HBO."

"This would be the most dramatic move yet in Trump's hardline immigration campaign, this time targeting 'anchor babies' and 'chain migration'," Axios said in its report.

Trump's comments come as he continues to push a hard anti-immigration line ahead of the midterms this month, and many experts will highlight that it's not within the president's power to change birthright citizenship.

"It was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't," Trump reportedly said, declaring he can do it by using an executive order.

Trump said he had run the idea of ending birthright citizenship by his counsel and plans to proceed, despite likely controversy. However, during the same interview Trump expressed surprise that Axios knew about his secret plan: "I didn't think anybody knew that but me. I thought I was the only one," he said."

This should be an interesting court battle if President Twitter follows through with the Executive Order since the courts have never ruled on the question of whether or not the 14th Amendment applies to illegal immigrants or foreigners with temporary legal status.

Why do you think he has waited until he placed TWO conservative judges on the SC? 1 replaced a conservative and another replaced a leftist....hopefully by time this comes up before the SC Ginsburg will be dead and we will have a concrete conservative majority to make this clear.
dont assume coservative judges will rule the way you want
Why wouldn't they? From what I have been reading the anchor baby crap is an ASSUMPTION the 14th amendment allows that...its not a set in stone thing.
It has been set for over a century.

Irrelevant.

The idea that firearms possession was restricted to militia existed for 72 years, from 1936. The SCOTUS reiterated the individual right in the DC v. Heller case in 2008.

All issues can be revisited, and mistakes corrected.

One of the most egregious policies that the DemonRATS have forced Americans to pay for....You can bet the house the DemonRATS and subversive media will be taking that to court and screaming like little bitches!!!! THIS will be the time when JUSTICE KAVANAUGH will shine like the brilliant jurist he is!!!

FULL TITLE: Trump to revoke birthright citizenship: President slams 'ridiculous' right of children born to illegal immigrants and vows to end it with executive order

Donald Trump plans to revoke the automatic citizenship rights of children born in the U.S. to illegal immigrants and other non-citizens.

In an interview with Axios, the president said he wants to sign an executive order ending the practice of giving citizenship to those who conservatives have long termed 'anchor babies.'

Trump, who has long been critical of the practice, said: 'We're the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States... with all of those benefits. It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. And it has to end.'

The 14th Amendment of the Constitution, written in 1868, states: 'All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.'Everyone who is

Trump insists he can change the way the Amendment is interpreted by the federal government, without amending the Constitution itself, and can do it through an executive order.

Several Republicans running for president in 2016, including Trump and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, argued at the time that the phrase 'subject to the jurisdiction' refers only to people with a legal right to be in the country.

In a preview of an HBO documentary scheduled to air on Sunday, Trump reveals that 'it was always told to me that you needed a constitutional amendment. Guess what? You don't.'

Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Everyone who is here legally or illegally are subject to the jurisdiction of the state and country. Break a law and you can be arrested even if you are a tourist. It takes a constitutional amendment. This s a scheme by white supremacists to take back power.

This s a scheme by white supremacists to take back power.

More of a scheme to increase the Dem voter base

I hope he can do it but I think Congress needs to get off its fat ass and make it happen.

Congress can't make it happen either.
Oh I know the Supreme Court would have the final say on it but I thought it would take Congress to present it to them.

Pretty cut and dry for the courts. They will side with Trump. The 14th Amendment says that the person born in the US is a citizen only if they are under the jurisdiction of the US. Illegals by definition don't fit that requirement.

God bless Trump for doing the right thing.

It is cut and dry. They will not side with Trump if they read it in plain English. Illegals are under the jurisdiction of the state and country they reside in.

Yeah, yeah, I know, he lost at Checkers, while winning the Chess game, all the useful idiots from Crime Family-D never stop whining about it.

The fact remains that he won the Presidency and Crime Family-R won the House based in part on immigration "red meat" rhetoric, which means it worked, so anybody that's surprised he's trying it again isn't paying attention to reality.

LOL, Nobody is trying to "overturn the Constitution by EO", if it's issued all it will do is force the Judicial Branch to rule on the question, Trump and his gang of political buzzards know that.

Or at least trying to.

At least that is how the Dems will portray it. I only hope it happens before the election
-------------------------- TRUMPS 'EO' is not serious . The 'EO' talk is simply a tactic designed by the TRUMP for votes Candy .
I highly doubt that.
----------------------------------------- if talking to me , this EO is simply a Tactic for his Deplorable people and on the fence Deplorables that will be going out to vote in a few days PTBW .
No, it isn't.

--------------------------------------- well then , let it go to Court , and i hope that you are correct so lets see what happens PTBW .

I don't agree with your Welfare argument, but I agree it makes no sense to make them citizens. The real solution is not hiring illegal immigrants. That will never happen, so instead we will keep punishing the poor and the powerless, because it is so much easier.

It's true about the welfare. They're allowed to collect it in their childrens names and they do. I had just read statistics about how much the bill was a couple of weeks ago. It was around a billion and a half dollars in LA county alone over two years. That's crazy stupid. We have our own people living on the streets. We have people without healthcare. Kids going to school hungry.

I found it. It's a study from the Migration Policy Institute. 1.3 billion in welfare it was, for just two years in Los Angeles County alone.

I do agree with you about employers, though. Home Depot sent some Mexican immigrants from a private contractor to do my roof, they showed up late with only two guys, and the one gave me some lip when I told him he was bending my gutters. I had to climb up there and straighten sht out.
Kids going to school hungry.
How after 8 years of Obama and especially in Californication, could there be kids going to school hungry? Dont the liberals love and cherish children?

Gee...another chicken that's come home to roost! Remember when Barry declared that he had a pen and a phone and he was ready to do an end run around a newly elected GOP Congress to keep his agenda moving forward? Remember the warnings that were given to Democrats that they would rue that decision because of the precedent it set? I've got news for you...if you take control of the House and try to stall Trump's agenda...he will very likely do the same thing that Obama did...and keep his agenda on track using EO's!

And you'll have nobody to blame but yourselves...
This fails as a red herring fallacy.

The thread is about the fact that Trump is an ignorant, hateful bigot with nothing but contempt for the rule of law.

Not Obama.

but still , issuing this EO at THIS election time is smart and a good tactic PTBW .

I hope not.

The idea that a president, any president can overturn a constitutional amendment by EO should scare the shit out of us.

He can't. What he can do is declare martial law and suspend the Constitution.
You're a fine American indeed.

Eye of the beholder. A knowledgeable one, at least.

I don't agree with your Welfare argument, but I agree it makes no sense to make them citizens. The real solution is not hiring illegal immigrants. That will never happen, so instead we will keep punishing the poor and the powerless, because it is so much easier.

It's true about the welfare. They're allowed to collect it in their childrens names and they do. I had just read statistics about how much the bill was a couple of weeks ago. It was around a billion and a half dollars in LA county alone over two years. That's crazy stupid. We have our own people living on the streets. We have people without healthcare. Kids going to school hungry.

I found it. It's a study from the Migration Policy Institute. 1.3 billion in welfare it was, for just two years in Los Angeles County alone.

I do agree with you about employers, though. Home Depot sent some Mexican immigrants from a private contractor to do my roof, they showed up late with only two guys, and the one gave me some lip when I told him he was bending my gutters. I had to climb up there and straighten sht out.
Kids going to school hungry.
How after 8 years of Obama and especially in Californication, could there be kids going to school hungry? Dont the liberals love and cherish children?

As political props, they can't do without them.

When UN ambassadors and their spouses have children on US soil, are they citizens?

If they are not, then clearly there are exceptions.

Or at least trying to.

I highly doubt that.
No, it isn't.

But he's not dealing with it in the election. The 14th hasn't been an issue in congressional races until this, his last minute hail mary.

Forum List

Back