U.N. panel backs call for reparations

A small but growing political party in the United States unafraid to speak truth to power. Once they get a bit larger and more well known by the rest of the electorate, and have a fighting chance to win some elections, I might cast my vote for them.

That's cool. If they have workable plans that speak to the electorate, they'll succeed. Time and experience will tell.

Now, back to reparations. I'm trying to help you out here. You are negotiating. Your going in position is you want compensation for having never been a slave. That's a tough sell. How you handle this negotiation is going to require tact and cunning.

In your OP, you stated:
it is time for the U.S government to finally apologize for the oppressive institution of slavery, and offer reparations to all people of color who were affected by this dark chapter in human history

You want cash but don't state a specific amount. They guy across the table is waiting to hear a number and wondering what benefit will come out of the transaction which you also have not stated. So far, there's not a reason to pull out the check book.

You receive pushback as in any negotiation and your first response is to call the guy across the table a name: supremacist. That's your very first counter offer. How's that negotiation going? Would that work in a board room? Does that counter offer get you closer to a deal? Does it enhance the relationship with the guy with the checkbook?

Now a bit about the guy across the table. He has invested heavily in your cause. Specifically 620,000 killed, 476,000 maimed and 400,000 captured or missing in a bloody 4-year war. America's bloodiest. Every one of those casualties devastated a family and a community. Untold treasure wasted on the battlefield. A major portion of the country devastated which took generations to rebuild. So as he's reflecting on this massive cost in blood and treasure, he's still waiting for a number from you but so far all you've done is insult him.

So you're still sitting across the table from the guy with the checkbook. You've insulted him but he's still sitting there. How are you going to repair and revive this negotiation?

Go back to the beginning. State how much you want. Get the negotiation back on track. Sell the good points of the deal by explaining why this is a win-win for everyone at the table.

If your case is strong, it will sell itself.
And then we tell him to go fuck himself?

"A comprehensive, up-to-date 22-page report by the U.N. Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent was released Aug. 18. It offers an overview of slavery, Jim Crow racism, lynching, the Civil Rights Movement and other historical and current events. It does not mince words. (tinyurl.com/gth8o8l)"

The world has spoken. it is time for the U.S government to finally apologize for the oppressive institution of slavery, and offer reparations to all people of color who were affected by this dark chapter in human history

You show me one nigga that is still alive and was a slave in the 1850s and I'll pay him.

I don't pay descendants who sit on the porches and already collect my money without working.

My descendants were thrown out of Europe and forced by boat to go to America. When I get money for that I'll pay the niggas.

It's truly saddening to see all the unapologetic racism here from white supremacists.

I thought this was a political forum, not stormfront!
You are an unapologetic, anti-White RACIST.
There is no such thing as racism towards whites.

Racism requires two things to exist: power and privelege.

Since people of color have neither power nor privelege, by denifition, they cannot be racist. Only whites, who have all the privelege and power in this country, can be racist.

7 reasons why reverse racism doesn't exist

This Comedian Brilliantly Destroys the Myth of “Reverse Racism” in Less Than 3 Minutes
:alcoholic:

:cuckoo:

:lmao:

Anybody who thinks this is even remotely possible has the political IQ of a small soap dish. Not even 20% of the public would support it.

This might be the gheyest thread ever posted in here and that's saying alot!:coffee:

That UN bldg in New York City would make an excellent homeless shelter. Part of it for homeless people, and part for homeless dogs and cats, and just in time before the cold winter months set in.

Never to early to kick the nitwit UN out.
Chasing away the $2 billion of economic activity they bring to NYC every year? That`s brilliant!

"A comprehensive, up-to-date 22-page report by the U.N. Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent was released Aug. 18. It offers an overview of slavery, Jim Crow racism, lynching, the Civil Rights Movement and other historical and current events. It does not mince words. (tinyurl.com/gth8o8l)"

The world has spoken. it is time for the U.S government to finally apologize for the oppressive institution of slavery, and offer reparations to all people of color who were affected by this dark chapter in human history

You show me one nigga that is still alive and was a slave in the 1850s and I'll pay him.

I don't pay descendants who sit on the porches and already collect my money without working.

My descendants were thrown out of Europe and forced by boat to go to America. When I get money for that I'll pay the niggas.
Your descendants haven`t been born yet genius.

hahaha

no

Of course the U.N. is calling for "reparations". The entire purpose of the U.N. is to loot the productive output of Americans.

Chasing away the $2 billion of economic activity they bring to NYC every year? That`s brilliant!
:link:

They bring more trouble than they're worth. Believe me. I was born in Manhattan, and lived there for 30 years. Wanna bring thousands of people to your city, from other countries, who are not subject to your laws, and are immune from arrest, when they break the law ?

It's truly saddening to see all the unapologetic racism here from white supremacists.

Since people of color have neither power nor privelege, by denifition, they cannot be racist. Only whites, who have all the privelege and power in this country, can be racist.

This Comedian Brilliantly Destroys the Myth of “Reverse Racism” in Less Than 3 Minutes

Horseshit!

Horseshit!

Saying "horseshit" in response to scientific evidence seems to be all conservatives know how to do

Because it's not scientific evidence. It's horseshit. A comedian =\= a scientist.

There is no scientific anything on racism. It's all opinion.

Horseshit!

Saying "horseshit" in response to scientific evidence seems to be all conservatives know how to do
Scientific evidence your ass. Horseshit.

Because it's not scientific evidence. It's horseshit. A comedian =\= a scientist.

There is no scientific anything on racism. It's all opinion.
So it's not a proven fact that whites enslaved people of color for over 400 years? Or that Jim Crow laws existed. Or that African Americans are still suffering from police brutality and mass incarceration for the same crimes that whites get plea bargains for?

What scientific evidence is it? It's not scientific. Blacks sold their own into slavery, yes. Jim Crow laws existed. More whites are killed by cops than blacks.

Those are the REAL scientific facts if you want to play those games.

Horseshit!

Horseshit!

Forum List

Back