War on Christmas continues.....Next up, Festivus

They can keep it to themselves, or they can wish you a Merry Christmas. Either one is fine.
I say Merry Christmas myself, that Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays thing is stupid, who gives a fuck? I was talking about bigger issues than the acceptable greeting for the season. I absolutely detest the social conservatives and their agenda to censor everything naughty, make laws concerning my sex/reproductive/social life and make themselves the favored or even official moral compass or our nation. That's the shit they can keep to themselves.
I don't think Christmas is about any of those things. Maybe when some people try to equate the two is what they mean when they say a war on Christmas.
The "war on Christmas" is but a propaganda tool used by the religious right in their fight to make us a Christian nation officially scornful of all other belief systems.
Is that why many Jewish people are allowed to take off from work for their holidays? Or does that fall under the condescending secular left defending their freedoms?
The last time I looked at my calender Jewish holy days are not national holidays. It is illegal to fire people for their religious observances, thank the left for that.
And yet Jewish people are free to observe them without hindrance from left leaning partisans. I suggest you allow your Christian Americans the same opportunity.

It's only because they are only religion actively trying to take over our government and run it for their own narrow purposes. They are being political in their actions and so there must be a political opposition.

There are atheists who are trying to do the same thing. They're just failing at it miserably.

The whole point of Festivus was an attack on the commercialization of what is supposed to be a religious observance.

It was satire that was mocking the shallow people who pretend to be religious.

I say Merry Christmas myself, that Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays thing is stupid, who gives a fuck? I was talking about bigger issues than the acceptable greeting for the season. I absolutely detest the social conservatives and their agenda to censor everything naughty, make laws concerning my sex/reproductive/social life and make themselves the favored or even official moral compass or our nation. That's the shit they can keep to themselves.
I don't think Christmas is about any of those things. Maybe when some people try to equate the two is what they mean when they say a war on Christmas.
The "war on Christmas" is but a propaganda tool used by the religious right in their fight to make us a Christian nation officially scornful of all other belief systems.
Is that why many Jewish people are allowed to take off from work for their holidays? Or does that fall under the condescending secular left defending their freedoms?
The last time I looked at my calender Jewish holy days are not national holidays. It is illegal to fire people for their religious observances, thank the left for that.
And yet Jewish people are free to observe them without hindrance from left leaning partisans. I suggest you allow your Christian Americans the same opportunity.
Ok I'll bite, how do you think Christians are being prevented from observing Christmas in their personal lives?

Are you against In God We Trust on your money?
You bet your ass I am, and so was Teddy Roosevelt:

"Outside of constitutional objections, President Theodore Roosevelt took issue with placing the motto on coinage as he considered it sacrilegious to put the name of God on money.[4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_we_trust
Then I suggest you take it up with your government, along with denying all government (and most private) enterprises their Christmas bonuses and holidays. You might prepare yourself for some opposition, though.

Ok I'll bite, how do you think Christians are being prevented from observing Christmas in their personal lives?
link to where I said Christians are being prevented from observing Christmas. I said just the opposite, that I will celebrate it regardless.

link to where I said Christians are being prevented from observing Christmas. I said just the opposite, that I will celebrate it regardless.
You seem to think Jewish people are afforded greater religious freedom than Christians so I was wondering what you meant.

"Outside of constitutional objections, President Theodore Roosevelt took issue with placing the motto on coinage as he considered it sacrilegious to put the name of God on money.[4
Then I suggest you take it up with your government, along with denying all government (and most private) enterprises their Christmas bonuses and holidays. You might prepare yourself for some opposition, though.
I long ago learned to live in a country that says one thing and then does another, just like the dumbasses who live there.

You seem to think Jewish people are afforded greater religious freedom than Christians so I was wondering what you meant.
Ah, OK. Let me clarify. I am for religious freedom for all. Let everyone, agnostics and atheists included, celebrate every day as they wish.

I long ago learned to live in a country that says one thing and then does another, just like the dumbasses who live there.
You live in America?

You live in America?
Born and raised, right here in the land of the stupid and hypocritical.

How are Christians not allowed the same opportunity?

Please contrast Jews and Christians, and demonstrate how Jews are allowed to observe where Christians are not.

You live in America?

Dude you LIVE at the intersection of Stupid and Hypocritical.....in fact if you look up either of those words there's your pic.

All these years that this whole Christmas in Washington thing has been going on. I don't think this song has ever been in the program.

You live in America?

Dude you LIVE at the intersection of Stupid and Hypocritical.....in fact if you look up either of those words there's your pic.
So you believe, but you're a total moron so your opinion matters not a tinker's damn.

Dammit, Carib Gyal, don't leave me hanging. You've piqued my curiosity. I really want to know what Jews are able to do "without hindrance" that we Christians aren't allowed to do.

Is it the funny hats?

Come on! You can't just dangle a claim like that and not finish the story, you tease!

You live in America?

So you believe, but you're a total moron so your opinion matters not a tinker's damn.

(smile) No my observation is spot on.......the larger question is why do you feel your opinion means anything?

How are Christians not allowed the same opportunity?

Please contrast Jews and Christians, and demonstrate how Jews are allowed to observe where Christians are not.

I asked the same thing, no clear answer.

You live in America?

(smile) No my observation is spot on.......the larger question is why do you feel your opinion means anything?
Because it's always right, it always contains the truths of life. That's why you reject it. That's normal for people who live their lives based upon lies...

Forum List

Back