We Finally Know the Case Against Trump, and It Is Strong

Well dummy, falsification of business records is a misdemeanor in NY "unless" it is done in the furtherance of a separate crime. The indictments hint at another, crime but doesn't name it. That's a violation of the 6th amendment.

Biden failed like a big dog....dems know they have nobody that can beat trump a second time no matter how many bogus votes they mail in

Well dummy, falsification of business records is a misdemeanor in NY "unless" it is done in the furtherance of a separate crime. The indictments hint at another, crime but doesn't name it. That's a violation of the 6th amendment.

Amendment 6 - Right to Speedy Trial, Confrontation of Witnesses
"In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence."

The People of New York vs. Donald J. Trump
"THE GRAND JURY OF THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK, by this indictment, accuses the defendant of the crime of FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE, in violation of Penal Law §175.10, committed as follows: The defendant, in the County of New York and elsewhere, on or about February 14, 2017, with intent to defraud and intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission thereof, made and caused a false entry in the business records of an enterprise, to wit, an invoice from Michael Cohen dated February 14, 2017, marked as a record of the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, and kept and maintained by the Trump Organization."

Correct, the 6th Amendment requires that he be informed of the crimes that defendant committed. The 6th Amendment does not require crimes be listed that others committed. The indictment clearly shows that the defendant was charged under Section 175.10 of the New York State Penal Code and the charge is based on the intent to aid and conceal the commission of another crime. If that crime had been committed by the defendant, it would have to be included. However since it was committed by someone else, it is not required. Only the charges against the defendant would be required. However the Statement of Facts, unsealed in court at the same time does allude to who committed the crime used for the enhancement. That was Cohen.

Now I'm sure the FDOTUS team will raise the issue as part of their Motion to Dismiss. The Prosecution will get to file a rebuttal motion. Then we will see the argument for and against in court and not filtered through talking heads on TV.

WW

"In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence."

"THE GRAND JURY OF THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK, by this indictment, accuses the defendant of the crime of FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE, in violation of Penal Law §175.10, committed as follows: The defendant, in the County of New York and elsewhere, on or about February 14, 2017, with intent to defraud and intent to commit another crime and aid and conceal the commission thereof, made and caused a false entry in the business records of an enterprise, to wit, an invoice from Michael Cohen dated February 14, 2017, marked as a record of the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust, and kept and maintained by the Trump Organization."

Correct, the 6th Amendment requires that he be informed of the crimes that defendant committed. The 6th Amendment does not require crimes be listed that others committed. The indictment clearly shows that the defendant was charged under Section 175.10 of the New York State Penal Code and the charge is based on the intent to aid and conceal the commission of another crime. If that crime had been committed by the defendant, it would have to be included. However since it was committed by someone else, it is not required. Only the charges against the defendant would be required. However the Statement of Facts, unsealed in court at the same time does allude to who committed the crime used for the enhancement. That was Cohen.

Now I'm sure the FDOTUS team will raise the issue as part of their Motion to Dismiss. The Prosecution will get to file a rebuttal motion. Then we will see the argument for and against in court and not filtered through talking heads on TV.

WW
So you’re saying it would be OK for a leftist DA to indict me with multiple felony charges for jaywalking years ago with the claim that I did it with the intent to commit a more serious crime, and not tell me what the more serious crime is?!

Wow, but you leftists are stretching to “get Trump” on a nothing misdemeanor involving consensual sex with a gold-digging slut while having no problem with Biden’s family taking payoffs from America’s foreign enemies and then funneling up 10% of it to him.

So you’re saying it would be OK for a leftist DA to indict me with multiple felony charges for jaywalking years ago with the claim that I did it with the intent to commit a more serious crime, and not tell me what the more serious crime is?!

I find it funny when people open with "So you're saying" and then spout gibberish in an attempt to make a strawman fallacy.

Wow, but you leftists are stretching to “get Trump” on a nothing misdemeanor involving consensual sex with a gold-digging slut while having no problem with Biden’s family taking payoffs from America’s foreign enemies and then funneling up 10% of it to him.

Not a leftist. Feel free to (A) Impeach Biden and remove him from office, (B) charge him with any criminal charges that are applicable once no longer President. Wouldn't bother me in the least.

But watch what you ask for, remove Biden and you have President Harris.

WW

I find it funny when people open with "So you're saying" and then spout gibberish in an attempt to make a strawman fallacy.
I drew a parallel. You were explaining why it’s allowed to take a misdemeanor and indict for a felony for an underlying crime, and then refuse to tell the accused what the crime is.
Not a leftist. Feel free to (A) Impeach Biden and remove him from office, (B) charge him with any criminal charges that are applicable once no longer President. Wouldn't bother me in the least.

But watch what you ask for, remove Biden and you have President Harris.

WW
we know about Harris. Why do you think Dems picked an incompetent idiot as VP? To ensure the continued “service” of their demented president.

WW
Also, notice it says “impartial” jury. One doesn’t get that in Manhattan.

Also, notice it says “impartial” jury. One doesn’t get that in Manhattan.

I would fully expect the FDOTUS team to request a change in venue as part of their motions in the case, along with a Motion to Dimiss, and Motions to Suppress Evidence (once they have received all the evidence and had a chance to review). To Prosecution will then be able to file rebuttals to the motions and then both teams will go before the Judge.

No different than any other criminal case.

WW

I drew a parallel. You were explaining why it’s allowed to take a misdemeanor and indict for a felony for an underlying crime, and then refuse to tell the accused what the crime is.

The underlying crime is noted in the Statement of Facts, Cohen's conviction.

WW

I would fully expect the FDOTUS team to request a change in venue as part of their motions in the case, along with a Motion to Dimiss, and Motions to Suppress Evidence (once they have received all the evidence and had a chance to review). To Prosecution will then be able to file rebuttals to the motions and then both teams will go before the Judge.

No different than any other criminal case.

WW
But the judge is an anti-Trumper.

You all keep saying that, or linking to the mumbo-jumbo, but tell us in a sentence or two what that crime is.

1681042950349.png

WW

So the convicted perjurer made an illegal campaign contribution? And you lefties are trying to use THAT to “get Trump”? If that’s the best the bigot DA could come up with, then Trump must be the cleanest politician in history.

I’m more worried that our compromised current president allowed the Communists to take photos of our military installations over the course of an entire week. Got to keep that bribe money coming into The Family.

So the convicted perjurer made an illegal campaign contribution? And you lefties are trying to use THAT to “get Trump”? If that’s the best the bigot DA could come up with, then Trump must be the cleanest politician in history.

I’m more worried that our compromised current president allowed the Communists to take photos of our military installations over the course of an entire week. Got to keep that bribe money coming into The Family.

#1 I'm not a lefty, but I'm not a member of the cult.

#2 No, Trump isn't being charged with campaign finance violations. Trump is being charged with falsification of New York Business Records (First Degree, Felony).

#3 Please show where the DA is bigoted against orange people.

WW

#1 I'm not a lefty, but I'm not a member of the cult.

What cult? Those of us who thought Trump was a good president and aren’t accepting the double-standards by which the law is being applied, such as a DA who works to get felonies for violent thugs downgraded to misdemeanors and released onto the streets while twisting and turning to turn an expired misdemeanor of a political opponent into a felony?
#2 No, Trump isn't being charged with campaign finance violations. Trump is being charged with falsification of New York Business Records (First Degree, Felony).

Falsification of business records is a misdemeanor.
#3 Please show where the DA is bigoted against orange people.

WW
There are no Orange People. He is bigoted against peaceful Republicans, and bigoted for thugs who commit violent crimes.

Forum List

Back