What Are Conservatives Trying to Conserve?

So who wrote the Constitution that established our government?

It was written by private citizens thus established by the private sector. Countries cannot exist before government and government cannot exist unless people create it.

And your post has nothing to do with the source of tax revenue.

Government and government workers do not contribute to the total tax revenue collected by any government because all that money comes from those in the private sector.

Sure they do..both with providing services that allow private companies to profit and direct taxation. What do you suppose would happen if there was no patents handed out? Eh?

All those services could be provided for less cost if contracted out. Then the government would have more money

Yeah, contracted out, I don't agree with contracting out every damn thing, you act as if these companies are holy, lmao, you forget the amount of corruption and cronyism.

Sure they do..both with providing services that allow private companies to profit and direct taxation. What do you suppose would happen if there was no patents handed out? Eh?

All those services could be provided for less cost if contracted out. Then the government would have more money

Yeah, contracted out, I don't agree with contracting out every damn thing, you act as if these companies are holy, lmao, you forget the amount of corruption and cronyism.

Yeah there's no corruption or cronyism in government.

Thanks for proving my point that you are out of touch with reality.

Private companies are all about profit no matter what and the heads of those companies profit, they have shat loads of money right now but aren't hiring, thats the kind of shat you like?

Private companies are all about profit no matter what and the heads of those companies profit, they have shat loads of money right now but aren't hiring, thats the kind of shat you like?

They aren't hiring because there's no demand. That's called being fiscally responsible and hell yes that's the kind of shit I like.

BTW you should like that too.

They aren't hiring because there's no demand. That's called being fiscally responsible and hell yes that's the kind of shit I like.

They aren't hiring because they're greedy. Then again, you tards on the right blame Obama for not creating jobs and lowering unemployment.

They aren't hiring because they're greedy. Then again, you tards on the right blame Obama for not creating jobs and lowering unemployment.

I haven't mentioned anything about unemployment.

So tell me if you don't go out and buy all kinds of shit you don't need and save that money instead, are you being greedy?

Our Constitution and Liberty.

Why exactly are you working so hard to "progress" past them?

So who wrote the Constitution that established our government?

It was written by private citizens thus established by the private sector. Countries cannot exist before government and government cannot exist unless people create it.

And your post has nothing to do with the source of tax revenue.

Government and government workers do not contribute to the total tax revenue collected by any government because all that money comes from those in the private sector.

All those services could be provided for less cost if contracted out. Then the government would have more money without raising taxes.

And that's incorrect. Don't believe me? Try mailing a regular letter via FEDEX or UPS.

Our Constitution and Liberty.

Why exactly are you working so hard to "progress" past them?

This is 2012, the United States has progressed way too far to revert back to 1776, everyone knows how it was in those days so stop trying to bullshat people, thats a day and age you never lived it.

Money and individual rights guaranteed to all in the Constitution.

Money?

The Constitution provides that the goverment can establish worth and print/coin money.

But other then that..what do you mean?

People define individual rights in some many ways, what it meant in 1776 is not what it means today so trying to make America of 2012 into the America of 1776 is senseless.

Money and individual rights guaranteed to all in the Constitution.

Money?

The Constitution provides that the goverment can establish worth and print/coin money.

People define individual rights in some many ways, what it meant in 1776 is not what it means today so trying to make America of 2012 into the America of 1776 is senseless.
Really? The Bill of Rights has changed in what it means?

You can explain what those changes are, right?

Says the man who believes federal workers just take and take and don't give, :rolleyes:

Give what?

Federal workers pay taxes and contribute to the economy, but you don't want to believe that.

My family is FILLED with federal workers. But just like the government everywhere, it is terribly over staffed. My husband for one said they were never really MADE to work hard. He did and a lot of others did, but they still would take one day a week have a potluck, they always took long breaks, long lunches, they worked when they absolutely had to. He got tons of vacation and made way more money that he would have doing the same job on the outside. Every little bit whoever the president was, the government would threaten to shut down and not pay them. He finally had all he wanted and took an early retirement. When he got on the outside and got a job, he admitted he was amazed that he was actually required to show up on time, stick to lunch hours and breaks and they actually expected him to work. Anyone, including my mother, my uncle and my husband all feel the same. Whenever he is doing a task around the house and it isn't turning out just right "it's good enough for government work" is the standard joke.

He saw the government spent thousands of dollars on toilets, on tools, furniture, you name it. And every other person could have been laid off, and the remainder work, it would be a tremendous savings. So, unless you have actually worked for the government, you really don't know what you are talking about. My husband never wants another government job. his motto is "don't steal from the government, they don't like the competition."

Last edited:
Money?

Yeah, I'd like to hear that myself. So we are not entitled to have "life, liberty and the pursuit of happinesss" anymore, huh? That's new to me.

The tax dollars that federal workers "pay" come from the private sector. ALL tax revenue comes from the private sector, therefore the private sector pays for everything including roads.

Tell me where does the money come from to pay government workers?

Since you can't seem to figure it out I'll tell you. ALL the money used to pay government workers comes from the private sector.

Now if government workers pay taxes where does the money to pay those taxes come from? It comes from their salary which is 100% funded by the private sector. So ALL tax revenue is collected from the private sector.

Federal workers contribute tax revenue, you pay your way and the fed workers pay their way. Are you tell me federal workers don't pat taxes? If they didn't you would some semblance of an argument but they do, so your argument is bullshat, private sector workers would be able to get to work without federal workers.

God you're dense.

If your pay comes 100% from taxes taken from me and then you give 20% of that to the government for taxes. where did the money to pay for those taxes come from?

It came from me not you.

Therefore ALL tax revenue is created by and taken from the private sector. Therefore the private sector pays for everything.

And where does mucn of the corporate private sector get THEIR money?

From the government they sell stuff to.

For example...BAth Iron works makes US warships.

Their workers DEPEND on US taxpayer to pay their PRIVATE incomes.

My point here is that huge DIVIDE you see between public organizations and private ones is wildly overstated, Skull.

Every cent the government spends ends up in the hands of the PRIVATE SECTOR.

Where it is taxed thus starting the whole cycle all over again.

Give what?

Federal workers pay taxes and contribute to the economy, but you don't want to believe that.

My family is FILLED with federal workers. But just like the government everywhere, it is terribly over staffed. My husband for one said they were never really MADE to work hard. He did and a lot of others did, but they still would take one day a week have a potluck, they always took long breaks, long lunches, they worked when they absolutely had to. He got tons of vacation and made way more money that he would have doing the same job on the outside. Every little bit whoever the president was, the government would threaten to shut down and not pay them. He finally had all he wanted and took an early retirement. When he got on the outside and got a job, he admitted he was amazed that he was actually required to show up on time, stick to lunch hours and breaks and they actually expected him to work. Anyone, including my mother, my uncle and my husband all feel the same. Whenever he is doing a task around the house and it isn't turning out just right "it's good enough for government work" is the standard joke.

He saw the government spent thousands of dollars on toilets, on tools, furniture, you name it. And every other person could have been laid off, and the remainder work, it would be a tremendous savings. So, unless you have actually worked for the government, you really don't know what you are talking about. My husband never wants another government job. his motto is "don't steal from the government, they don't like the competition."

This is a facking biased opinion, I work hand and hand with federal employees since I am a soldier, they work no less hard than people in the private sector. you can find lazy, overpaid slackers any place in any sector.

The distinction between the public and private sector, for purposes of this conversation, is artificial and meaningless. Eliminate the public sector and the private sector as we know it would also cease to exist. The two are inseparable parts of a single system.

As for the OP, the "conservative" movement is misnamed. These are radicals, not conservatives. They are not trying to conserve anything. Real conservatives still do exist; nowadays we call them "moderates."

Yeah, I'd like to hear that myself. So we are not entitled to have "life, liberty and the pursuit of happinesss" anymore, huh? That's new to me.

Thats not what Republicans want, what does stopping gays from marrying, cutting welfare and Medicare, opposing universal health care have to do with like, liberty and pursuit of happiness, if anything thats wanting all those things at the expense of denying others the same thing.

Thats not what Republicans want, what does stopping gays from marrying, cutting welfare and Medicare, opposing universal health care have to do with like, liberty and pursuit of happiness, if anything thats wanting all those things at the expense of denying others the same thing.
:lol:

Hey, Dodge, the question was, "How has the meaning of the Bill of Rights changed?"

That's what you claimed ("... what [individual rights] meant in 1776 is not what it means today"), so how has the meaning of the Bill of Rights changed?

Forum List

Back