What Is "Fair Share of Taxes"?

Whatever the tax rates were before Bush got into office. Roll everything he did back. Didn't work. What is fair share? What works. What worked before. Hit the reset button baby!

I'll tell you what's not fair. Romney paying 12% and us paying 35% is not fair.

And yet his 12% for one year is probably greater than your 35% over your lifetime.
So what? See, this is the stupid arguments Republicans make. So you want Trump to pay the same amount as someone who makes $12,000 a year? Anything more you would consider "unfair"? Dummy

A little slow on the uptake? Because your response to my post didn't address what I said. The rich guy actually pays a hell of a lot more in taxes than you or me. 47% of Americans pay 0 in taxes. That leaves the other 53% to pick up their slack. Out of that 53%, who do you think pays the lion's share of the tax the government takes in? Hint, it isn't Joe Plumber. I never said that the rich shouldn't pay a lot......because they already do. I'll repeat what I said and maybe you'll understand it this time. "And yet his 12% for one year is probably greater than your 35% over your lifetime." If he pays more in one year than you do in a lifetime, why are you bitching? Why do you feel entitled to someone else's money? Fairness? No, envy.
Because have you seen the debt? You're asking us all to pay more?

Like I said, what works? And the rich are doing just fine. It's the system they made it in. The rich before them paid their fair share and so why do you say that share isn't fair now? Are they greedy? Are you ignorant to buy it?

Yes a rich person will pay more in taxes this year than you will pay in a lifetime. Are you suggesting they shouldn't?

"Yes a rich person will pay more in taxes this year than you will pay in a lifetime. Are you suggesting they shouldn't?"

No. I'm suggesting you quit whining because you don't think it is enough. They contribute a hell of a lot more than you do every year. There money isn't yours to take just because you think they have too much. Do you want them to say that since you pay so little, you should only get to ride a bicycle in the gutter instead of take a lane of the street? You both paid for the road, he just paid a hell of a lot more than you.
Again, it doesn't matter that they contribute more than me. They should. Do you think they shouldn't? So what information do you have that suggests they are being taxed too much? Is it because we have a surplus and so they should get the extra back? Because if that were true I would agree with you. But there is no surplus. Therefore, they are clearly not paying enough.

Whatever the tax rates were before Bush got into office. Roll everything he did back. Didn't work. What is fair share? What works. What worked before. Hit the reset button baby!

I'll tell you what's not fair. Romney paying 12% and us paying 35% is not fair.

And yet his 12% for one year is probably greater than your 35% over your lifetime.
So what? See, this is the stupid arguments Republicans make. So you want Trump to pay the same amount as someone who makes $12,000 a year? Anything more you would consider "unfair"? Dummy

A little slow on the uptake? Because your response to my post didn't address what I said. The rich guy actually pays a hell of a lot more in taxes than you or me. 47% of Americans pay 0 in taxes. That leaves the other 53% to pick up their slack. Out of that 53%, who do you think pays the lion's share of the tax the government takes in? Hint, it isn't Joe Plumber. I never said that the rich shouldn't pay a lot......because they already do. I'll repeat what I said and maybe you'll understand it this time. "And yet his 12% for one year is probably greater than your 35% over your lifetime." If he pays more in one year than you do in a lifetime, why are you bitching? Why do you feel entitled to someone else's money? Fairness? No, envy.
Because have you seen the debt? You're asking us all to pay more?

Like I said, what works? And the rich are doing just fine. It's the system they made it in. The rich before them paid their fair share and so why do you say that share isn't fair now? Are they greedy? Are you ignorant to buy it?

Yes a rich person will pay more in taxes this year than you will pay in a lifetime. Are you suggesting they shouldn't?

"Yes a rich person will pay more in taxes this year than you will pay in a lifetime. Are you suggesting they shouldn't?"

No. I'm suggesting you quit whining because you don't think it is enough. They contribute a hell of a lot more than you do every year. There money isn't yours to take just because you think they have too much. Do you want them to say that since you pay so little, you should only get to ride a bicycle in the gutter instead of take a lane of the street? You both paid for the road, he just paid a hell of a lot more than you.
His trucks also tear up the roads more than my Fusion does. And I only work 7 minutes away from my home.

Can we get over this lie that 1/2 don't pay taxes ? Is a bullshit claim to disparage lower income people.

And in these fairness discussion , no one talks about services rendered . For example wealthy people benefit from more gov agencies than some low pay stiff .

Can we get over this lie that 1/2 don't pay taxes ? Is a bullshit claim to disparage lower income people.

And in these fairness discussion , no one talks about services rendered . For example wealthy people benefit from more gov agencies than some low pay stiff .
If rich people want the poor to pay more taxes they're going to have to give them more money. They don't want to do that.

If rich people want the poor to pay more taxes they're going to have to give them more money. They don't want to do that.
Agree

Let's make the job creators pay higher wages and then they will automatically pay higher taxes

No it's not

A dollar is a dollar one is not worth more than another

But let's assume your answer applies to all taxes. Isn't the gallon of gas you use to get to work more important than the one used to drive to a strip club? So why not tax that gallon more?
When looking at a poor person. The first dollars they earn go to support their family. Right now that first dollar is tax free. You want that first dollar to only be 85 cents

It was like that before Obama care. Now you have to py Health insurance before you eat or put a roof over your head.
Why do you make shit up
Are you trying to say that buying health insurance is not mandated by law?
Medicaid was expanded for lower income workers. Except in red states
They turned it down to fix that Obama

How dare you help our poor people
Which has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that the government forces you to pay for health insurance whether you can afford food or not.

Agree

Let's make the job creators pay higher wages and then they will automatically pay higher taxes
And everyone pays higher prices. Way to help the poor!

Are you trying to say that buying health insurance is not mandated by law?

What does it matter?

The fact remains obama fucked the poor.

He expanded healthcare, unemployment benefits, equal pay legislation, raised minimum wage

How is that fucking them

He didn't expand health care

Insurance and health care are two completely different things
What he did do was force young people who might choose to go without insurance or who would but minimalist policies to pay far more than they should so as to prop up his subsidies and giveaways
He expanded healthcare to those under 26 on their parents policy, expanded Medicaid for low income workers and provided subsidies

11 million more are insured. That is expansion
Strange how forcing people to buy insurance under penalty of the law "expands healthcare".

What does it matter?

He expanded healthcare, unemployment benefits, equal pay legislation, raised minimum wage

How is that fucking them

What he did do was force young people who might choose to go without insurance or who would but minimalist policies to pay far more than they should so as to prop up his subsidies and giveaways
He expanded healthcare to those under 26 on their parents policy, expanded Medicaid for low income workers and provided subsidies

Strange how forcing people to buy insurance under penalty of the law "expands healthcare".

You dOny have to buy, but you'll face a tax hit .

Fair share? A percentage of real income above 30K a year. That means Binky and Chad don't get to hide the trust fund Grandpapa left them overseas. Fairly straightforward.

What does it matter?

How is that fucking them

Only to those who don't understand it, and there are ample sources to 'splain it to you. What don't you understand?

It's not bullshit it is a fact and that is all it is

And the poor get way more benefits since they pay less for them or not at all

What does it matter?

How is that fucking them

What is this nonsense????

How more simple can it be said?

Before Obama care people can put food on the table , a roof over their head and if some money left over they could think about buying health care.

After obama care, buying health care or paying a tax comes first before they can buy food for little Timmy or put a roof over his head

Democrats are the scum of the earth and don't give a crap about poor people.

Before Obama care people can put food on the table , a roof over their head and if some money left over they could think about buying health care.

You have the data to prove this, of course. Ignoring the fact that anyone that hard up for cash would already be eligible for Medicaid.

Unless they spent the grocery money on the lease for the truck or a plasma TV.

Who the hell said that?

80% of the RWnuts on this forum.

Quote one saying that.

Bet me $1000 no one has ever said that on this forum.

I won $2000 yesterday, so beware.

I'm not going to claim no one has ever said it. Right wingers have said corporate taxes should be reduces to zero, but not because that is what's "fair." They say it because taxing corporations only screws the little guy. It doesn't help him.

lol, corporations are people, remember?

As far as the IRS is concerned they are.

What does it matter?

How is that fucking them

Forced to Have Coverage, Can't Afford It - Story - Obamacare Facts

I was forced to take Obama care after leaving a full time job to run our family business and take care of my parents. The premiums are 40% of my take home pay. I live in NJ, so I also have the highest car insurance, property taxes and retail costs in the nation. I do not qualify for Medicaid I make $500 too much. This was a total payoff to the insurance companies, and to low income democratic voters. There is no reward for working, if I was unemployed I could get Medicaid and never pay a dime. I could give a false ss# and never pay a dime.

The Senate and Congress have gold level plans that don’t cost them a dime. We pay for them, for the uninsured, and for us. What incentive is there to work?

I fully expect this to get deleted, I understand that this was a useless waste of time for me to write. I will be voting against any pro obama-care politician at any level. I had to make a choice to help my family, or improve my financial situation, unfortunately I chose family and I am paying for it and everyone else.

Really ? Are the poor using airports all the time , does the SEC protect their investments, does the patent office protect their intellectual properties ?

Really ? Are the poor using airports all the time , does the SEC protect their investments, does the patent office protect their intellectual properties ?

The SEC does not protect investments
People pay the patent office for their services
And poor people can use an airport just like anyone else

Now the so called rich send their kids to private schools even though their high property taxes go to public schools, The so called rich pay more in sales taxes that also go to state programs for the poor, they pay far more in income taxes which goes to fund social programs for the poor

So you see the so called rich do far more for the poor than you do

How is that fucking them

Forced to Have Coverage, Can't Afford It - Story - Obamacare Facts

I was forced to take Obama care after leaving a full time job to run our family business and take care of my parents. The premiums are 40% of my take home pay. I live in NJ, so I also have the highest car insurance, property taxes and retail costs in the nation. I do not qualify for Medicaid I make $500 too much. This was a total payoff to the insurance companies, and to low income democratic voters. There is no reward for working, if I was unemployed I could get Medicaid and never pay a dime. I could give a false ss# and never pay a dime.

The Senate and Congress have gold level plans that don’t cost them a dime. We pay for them, for the uninsured, and for us. What incentive is there to work?

I fully expect this to get deleted, I understand that this was a useless waste of time for me to write. I will be voting against any pro obama-care politician at any level. I had to make a choice to help my family, or improve my financial situation, unfortunately I chose family and I am paying for it and everyone else.

You weren't forced . You could skip the whole thing and just take the tax hit.

The SEC does not protect investments
People pay the patent office for their services
And poor people can use an airport just like anyone else

Now the so called rich send their kids to private schools even though their high property taxes go to public schools, The so called rich pay more in sales taxes that also go to state programs for the poor, they pay far more in income taxes which goes to fund social programs for the poor

So you see the so called rich do far more for the poor than you do

So you're saying they're not actually wealthy, just "so-called"? Please explain.

Forum List

Back