What kind of government do you want?

The past decade has brought partisanship and federal gridlock to record levels. The obstructionism from the Right during Obamas administration was childish and embarrassing. The response by Harry Reid using the "nuclear option" planted a virus, and the use of executive orders by Obama only created band aids to problems that needed legislative fixes. Now that Republicans have control they seem to be picking up the Democrats ball and running with it, how very hypocritical, after years of complaining. They have applied the nuclear option to a Supreme court nominee and Trump seems to be focusing on executive orders over legislation. I don't see any attempts by either side to work together towards solutions. So what kind of government are we left with?

Looks to me like our Congress is moving towards majority rule operations eliminating the need for bipartisan efforts. Our executive doesn't seem interested in representing the will of the people but only the half that supported him. Is this really the type of government that you want? You know this tit for tat partisanship is only going to snowball as the balance of power shifts... Are any of you interested in seeing this trend stop? Any ideas on how to fix it?
I want the US to be more like a social democracy.

(Matthew posted: >> I agree...What we need is a more "defined" constitution that says outright in clear bold letters that our government can invest in infrastructure, science and work for the people....Yes, it already has this power but the loserterians are too stupid. <<<<:)

Talk about stupid, HAHAHAHAHAHA look in the mirror. The Constitution RESTRICTS the GOVERNMENTS POWER. only stupid liberals communist think it gives them power, Their favorite American Communist party (dimshits) always expands it by unconstitutional means and redefining the vernacular within.

Fucking functional retarded...The constitution doesn't restrict the governments ability to invest in its own fucking country.

Goddamn, sign off the internet and go fuck yourself...

Dang, there's some of that wonderful tolerance from the left. :ahole-1:

(Matthew posted: >> I agree...What we need is a more "defined" constitution that says outright in clear bold letters that our government can invest in infrastructure, science and work for the people....Yes, it already has this power but the loserterians are too stupid. <<<<:)

Talk about stupid, HAHAHAHAHAHA look in the mirror. The Constitution RESTRICTS the GOVERNMENTS POWER. only stupid liberals communist think it gives them power, Their favorite American Communist party (dimshits) always expands it by unconstitutional means and redefining the vernacular within.

Fucking functional retarded...The constitution doesn't restrict the governments ability to invest in its own fucking country.

Goddamn, sign off the internet and go fuck yourself...
Hey non-functional retard. The government isn't the only way to get something done. Save your mom some money on her electricity bill and shut your fucking computer down.

The past decade has brought partisanship and federal gridlock to record levels. The obstructionism from the Right during Obamas administration was childish and embarrassing. The response by Harry Reid using the "nuclear option" planted a virus, and the use of executive orders by Obama only created band aids to problems that needed legislative fixes. Now that Republicans have control they seem to be picking up the Democrats ball and running with it, how very hypocritical, after years of complaining. They have applied the nuclear option to a Supreme court nominee and Trump seems to be focusing on executive orders over legislation. I don't see any attempts by either side to work together towards solutions. So what kind of government are we left with?

Looks to me like our Congress is moving towards majority rule operations eliminating the need for bipartisan efforts. Our executive doesn't seem interested in representing the will of the people but only the half that supported him. Is this really the type of government that you want? You know this tit for tat partisanship is only going to snowball as the balance of power shifts... Are any of you interested in seeing this trend stop? Any ideas on how to fix it?
So Venezuela. Good fucking choice moron.

I'd prefer a more french or German like government. ;) A parliamentary democracy system or a more modern form of the presidential republic(like France)that allows far more parties and options at the voting both. They're far younger and have about 200 years of experimentation to come to their model, while ours we're still arguing over the power structure! lol.

Our system the presidential republic is far more restrictive and known for corruption...Probably partly because of how hard it is to get any new ideas passed through congress....At least in my studies on the topic as all you have to do is look at Mexico, Brazil for examples of this...

I think our government should have the power to invest, regulate, and govern in the interest of the people.
However at the present moment the Fed Govt is working perfectly and we just got a really good new SCOTUS justice out of the process.

Maybe 3 or 4 more soon too.
You wouldn't be saying the same thing if Clinton was president and the congress was going nuclear to get in her SCOTUS picks, right? So in that case I'd think you'd agree that its a very flawed system. Just because it is working in your favor at this moment, doesn't make it good.

If Clinton was elected, she still would have a Republican Congress which meant she couldn't even get lukewarm , much less nuclear. Her picks would have likely never made it out of committee. We would have had 8 justices forever.
You miss the point... the balance of power always shifts

Yes we seen that when Obama lost 900 seats..

Oh wait Trump won

Translation ~ Billy wants more free shit

I'd prefer a more french or German like government. ;) A parliamentary democracy system or a more modern form of the presidential republic(like France)that allows far more parties and options at the voting both. They're far younger and have about 200 years of experimentation to come to their model, while ours we're still arguing over the power structure! lol.

Our system the presidential republic is far more restrictive and known for corruption...Probably partly because of how hard it is to get any new ideas passed through congress....At least in my studies on the topic as all you have to do is look at Mexico, Brazil for examples of this...

I think our government should have the power to invest, regulate, and govern in the interest of the people.

You're in luck, there actually is a French and a German government.

Venezuela is a federal republic you dumb sack of shit. You know what other nation is a federal republic? I'll give you one guess.

The stupidity of this forum knows no bounds.

Some in this country want government to take care of them from the cradle to the grave, paid for by someone else of course.
Perhaps a small insignificant fraction. No point in putting all your energy focusing on that though. Most people are looking for a healthy balance

For being a small insignificant fraction they can make a helluva lot of noise anytime somebody talks about entitlement reform. And they definitely have the Democratic Party by the balls.
I don't think its as big as you think. I think most Americans want to see a smaller government and I think most would be fine with entitlement reforms as there is a ton of room to make them better. The Right needs to get much better with how they discuss these issues. Calling the poor leaches and lazy, characterizing the majority by the few that do take advantage, and wanting to simply cut an already stressed system is not the way to move forward and get things done. Come up with ideas that will actually support and help people and be able to talk about it in a constructive way.

Some in this country want government to take care of them from the cradle to the grave, paid for by someone else of course.
Perhaps a small insignificant fraction. No point in putting all your energy focusing on that though. Most people are looking for a healthy balance
22% are on the government dole. That's a lot.
That doesn't mean 22% want the government to take care of them from cradle to grave.

Most people are looking for a healthy balance???? Sure sounds like the folks on the left want the people on the right to pay for them...is that your idea of a balance?
If thats what you think the left wants then you don't understand their position. A simple example to disprove your point are the many many upperclass people who are on the left. These people are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves and pay a shit ton in taxes. Maybe you think about them and their mentality when it comes to their ideology. Maybe there is more to it than the simplistic slander that you try to define it as.

The obstructionism from the Right during Obamas administration was childish and embarrassing.

Telling your age are you not?
Just speaking the truth.

However at the present moment the Fed Govt is working perfectly and we just got a really good new SCOTUS justice out of the process.

You wouldn't be saying the same thing if Clinton was president and the congress was going nuclear to get in her SCOTUS picks, right? So in that case I'd think you'd agree that its a very flawed system. Just because it is working in your favor at this moment, doesn't make it good.

If Clinton was elected, she still would have a Republican Congress which meant she couldn't even get lukewarm , much less nuclear. Her picks would have likely never made it out of committee. We would have had 8 justices forever.

Oh wait Trump won

Yeah, just like Obama won 8 years prior and the Dems took over... now its shifted back to the Reps... and the pendulum continues to swing...

Here's a thought, how about a federal government that follows the Constitution as written, then there would be a few thousand less topics of contention.

Most people are looking for a healthy balance???? Sure sounds like the folks on the left want the people on the right to pay for them...is that your idea of a balance?
If thats what you think the left wants then you don't understand their position. A simple example to disprove your point are the many many upperclass people who are on the left. These people are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves and pay a shit ton in taxes. Maybe you think about them and their mentality when it comes to their ideology. Maybe there is more to it than the simplistic slander that you try to define it as.

Well, I don't have a free Obama-phone, I don't have subsidized healthcare, I haven't participated in any "peaceful" protest marches, I haven't taken a shit in someone else's front yard (or public park, or city hall), haven't burned down someone's business or car, so maybe I don't understand their position.

Exactly. Each president tears up the executive orders of the previous president and goes in the opposite direction. The republican congress repeals and replaces what democrats did and democrats will repeal and replace what the republicans do. Republican pack the courts with conservative judges and Democrats pack the courts with liberal judges. And thus the government swings back and forth accomplishing little or nothing because each party deludes itself into believing they will control government forever.

Oh wait Trump won

Yeah, just like Obama won 8 years prior and the Dems took over... now its shifted back to the Reps... and the pendulum continues to swing...

However, this time the pendulum broke off!

Here's a thought, how about a federal government that follows the Constitution as written, then there would be a few thousand less topics of contention.
What do they do that's unconstitutional?

Forum List

Back