“What Percentage Of Murders Are Committed With An AR-15?”

My Remington 870 pump action is an actual military weapon

The Model 870 is the second most produced and used long gun in existance. I've owned at least one myself. And I've fired one on a Military Range as well. It's also my pick for the best Home Defense Weapon of them all. There is nothing more scarier than looking down something that looks like the size of a sewer pipe that doesn't have to hit dead center to blow you away.

That being said, the Model 870 was originally used as a great hunting shotgun. It's simple, easy to use and as a 12 gauge, it can knock down a bird pretty easy. It was adopted by the US Military later and used in Vietnam and made quite a name for itself for short to medium range use.

By my own rant, the AR-15 has always been a Military Weapon that is used by civilians outside of the Military. You still can't accept the fact that the original AR-15 model 601 was a fully automatic weapon and used in many different militaries around the world as early as 1959 and was still being used in the US Military as late as the early 1990s. And the performance of the Civilian AR-15 is exactly the same as the M-16A-4 when it's fired in it's normal mode of operation which is single shot. Is the AR-15 equivalent to an Assault Rifle, you bet it is. Much more so than the Mini-14. I think we have already covered the difference between the Mini-14 and the AR-15 (Match Grade).

So how about stopping trying to make me look like I have said something I didn't say. Newsflash: That's called lying.
You can get either gun in multiple barrel lengths and and they both can have the same twist rate. AR-15 comes in multiple twist length and the Mini is 1:9" But they both can use the same cartridge. The mini will take the Nato round also . I know nothing about match grade, is that the difference , otherwise I see it a a horse apiece.
Twist rate depends on the grain of bullet, for accuracy

In answer to the other persons question, the Mini-14 comes in may forms just like the AR-15. But more Mini-14s cost right around 500 bucks staring just like the AR-15.

In order to use the 556 nato round, you are going to have to hog out the combustion chamber a bit and use a chromium coating. You are also going to need your barrel to have chromium in the barrel as well. The 556 develops a much higher pressure than the 223 does and does require beefing up to handle it. Yes, you can buy a Match Grade Mini-14 with those mods done to it just like you can buy a Match Grade AR-15 with those done as well. But ALL M-16s come with those already done in order to handle the 556. The cost to the government for a M-16 is about 5 grand (I think it's inflated) while the Match Grade AR-15 and the Match Grade Mini-14 is about 1500. If you do buy an AR-15 or a Mini-14 for far less DO NOT FIRE 556 ROUNDS THROUGH THEM. The least that can happen is the fast wearing of your barrel and firing chamber. The nightmare also might happen where it bursts the firing chamber just ahead of your face. You may get away with it for awhile but sooner or later, bad things will happen. Of course, the gun nutters will say they do it all the time. But there are enough one eyed jacks out there that didn't get so lucky.
The MINI-14 accepts the nato round. Its built up to do just that , They advertise it as being able to accept both rounds , 223 and nato Round . I know a bit about this gun one of my best friends got shot with A mini-14 shooting the Nato Round. Some of the biggest names in gun makers chamber their AR15 to use the NATO ROUND. These two cartridges pressure are measured by two different standards, when measured by the same standard the The 556 shot through a AR is less then 5% more. Am I missing something if so I'd like to know.

You certainly are missing something. Like the AR that is setup to fire just the 223, there are also Mini-14s setup to just fire the 223s. The Upper priced Mini-14, like the upper priced AR-15 have the combustion chamber hogged out a bit and the firing chamber lined with Chromium in order to handle the higher pressures of the 556. Simple as that. You can't expect a 500 gun to fire the 556 ammo. It's just plain unsafe over a long period of time.

The Lever action rifle is an actual military weapon, the AR-15, by your own rant, is not.....

The Model 870 is the second most produced and used long gun in existance. I've owned at least one myself. And I've fired one on a Military Range as well. It's also my pick for the best Home Defense Weapon of them all. There is nothing more scarier than looking down something that looks like the size of a sewer pipe that doesn't have to hit dead center to blow you away.

That being said, the Model 870 was originally used as a great hunting shotgun. It's simple, easy to use and as a 12 gauge, it can knock down a bird pretty easy. It was adopted by the US Military later and used in Vietnam and made quite a name for itself for short to medium range use.

By my own rant, the AR-15 has always been a Military Weapon that is used by civilians outside of the Military. You still can't accept the fact that the original AR-15 model 601 was a fully automatic weapon and used in many different militaries around the world as early as 1959 and was still being used in the US Military as late as the early 1990s. And the performance of the Civilian AR-15 is exactly the same as the M-16A-4 when it's fired in it's normal mode of operation which is single shot. Is the AR-15 equivalent to an Assault Rifle, you bet it is. Much more so than the Mini-14. I think we have already covered the difference between the Mini-14 and the AR-15 (Match Grade).

So how about stopping trying to make me look like I have said something I didn't say. Newsflash: That's called lying.
You can get either gun in multiple barrel lengths and and they both can have the same twist rate. AR-15 comes in multiple twist length and the Mini is 1:9" But they both can use the same cartridge. The mini will take the Nato round also . I know nothing about match grade, is that the difference , otherwise I see it a a horse apiece.
You know zilch about this also , you can change Yaw with twist rate and bullet design. To meet a balance that is generally acceptable(the generally acceptable being totally arbitrary) , there can be a weight to twist relation , but then I can change yaw with two different bullet designs with the same weight.
Twist Rate Stability Calculator | Berger Bullets
How to Pair Barrel Twist Rates with Bullets - Guns & Ammo

Generally
Twist rate Spoken pronunciation Written notation Bullet weight stabilization
One revolution every 7 inches “One in Seven” 1/7 55-85 grains
One revolution every 8 inches “One in Eight” 1/8 50-80 grains
One revolution every 9 inches “One in Nine” 1/9 45-75 grains

The answer to the question , is I ate you up and spit you out.
Hardly.

the question, again, and in strict compliance with the OP,

you have pussyfooted around it, you have ran when the question was asked, you have made claims that you haven't, and probably can't, back up.

again, (and again, and again), until you finally answer the question.

how many times has an AR been used in a mass shooting, in the last 40 years.

You stated earlier you had those facts, yet you have failed to publish them.

I wonder what the reason for that failure is?
There is absolutely nothing that compels me to answer any of your squirrely questions. In fact Its way more fun watching you blather on after I made a complete fool out of your knowledge about guns

and you've made a bigger fool of yourself making claims you can't back up.

they've got a word for people like you in my area.

200w.gif
Wow let me see , Do I care. Why would I who knows something about the subject be interested in debating the issue with someone who knows just about nothing about the subject
Ok you think I'm a liar, now what

and again you deflect...

You claimed earlier, you had facts.

I claim you're a liar.

and if you lie about that, what else are you lying about?

Hardly.

the question, again, and in strict compliance with the OP,

you have pussyfooted around it, you have ran when the question was asked, you have made claims that you haven't, and probably can't, back up.

again, (and again, and again), until you finally answer the question.

how many times has an AR been used in a mass shooting, in the last 40 years.

You stated earlier you had those facts, yet you have failed to publish them.

I wonder what the reason for that failure is?
There is absolutely nothing that compels me to answer any of your squirrely questions. In fact Its way more fun watching you blather on after I made a complete fool out of your knowledge about guns

and you've made a bigger fool of yourself making claims you can't back up.

they've got a word for people like you in my area.

200w.gif
Wow let me see , Do I care. Why would I who knows something about the subject be interested in debating the issue with someone who knows just about nothing about the subject
Ok you think I'm a liar, now what

and again you deflect...

You claimed earlier, you had facts.

I claim you're a liar.

and if you lie about that, what else are you lying about?

now I can dismiss any, and every, post you have made on this board.

your credibility, what little you had, is shot.

In answer to the other persons question, the Mini-14 comes in may forms just like the AR-15. But more Mini-14s cost right around 500 bucks staring just like the AR-15.

In order to use the 556 nato round, you are going to have to hog out the combustion chamber a bit and use a chromium coating. You are also going to need your barrel to have chromium in the barrel as well. The 556 develops a much higher pressure than the 223 does and does require beefing up to handle it. Yes, you can buy a Match Grade Mini-14 with those mods done to it just like you can buy a Match Grade AR-15 with those done as well. But ALL M-16s come with those already done in order to handle the 556. The cost to the government for a M-16 is about 5 grand (I think it's inflated) while the Match Grade AR-15 and the Match Grade Mini-14 is about 1500. If you do buy an AR-15 or a Mini-14 for far less DO NOT FIRE 556 ROUNDS THROUGH THEM. The least that can happen is the fast wearing of your barrel and firing chamber. The nightmare also might happen where it bursts the firing chamber just ahead of your face. You may get away with it for awhile but sooner or later, bad things will happen. Of course, the gun nutters will say they do it all the time. But there are enough one eyed jacks out there that didn't get so lucky.
The MINI-14 accepts the nato round. Its built up to do just that , They advertise it as being able to accept both rounds , 223 and nato Round . I know a bit about this gun one of my best friends got shot with A mini-14 shooting the Nato Round. Some of the biggest names in gun makers chamber their AR15 to use the NATO ROUND. These two cartridges pressure are measured by two different standards, when measured by the same standard the The 556 shot through a AR is less then 5% more. Am I missing something if so I'd like to know.

You certainly are missing something. Like the AR that is setup to fire just the 223, there are also Mini-14s setup to just fire the 223s. The Upper priced Mini-14, like the upper priced AR-15 have the combustion chamber hogged out a bit and the firing chamber lined with Chromium in order to handle the higher pressures of the 556. Simple as that. You can't expect a 500 gun to fire the 556 ammo. It's just plain unsafe over a long period of time.
Actually I believe it is the other way around , even the ranch gun is chambered for both and there more expensive target model only takes 223. Lots of arms companies chamber their AR to both. Ruger Mini -14 ranch is one of them, Their cheapest model is chambered for both. That Model, the cheapest at the time ,is what was used to shoot my friend, Trust me I know a little about this gun, After he was shot, while he was recovering I looked into the subject in depth.

From Willhoftwhatever--"now I can dismiss any, and every, post you have made on this board.

your credibility, what little you had, is shot." I think I beat him us so badly that he went into hiding. I think a few have done just that, they ran into a few people that know a little about the subject and found out that they know nothing about the subject and they went into hiding

Actually I believe it is the other way around , even the ranch gun is chambered for both and there more expensive target model only takes 223. Lots of arms companies chamber their AR to both. Ruger Mini -14 ranch is one of them, Their cheapest model is chambered for both. That Model, the cheapest at the time ,is what was used to shoot my friend, Trust me I know a little about this gun, After he was shot, while he was recovering I looked into the subject in depth.

Of course you would since you have the knowledge of a rock on the subject. Sure do wish you would just lay dormant for awhile. I already kicked their asses and all you are doing is giving them an easy target to keep them stirred up. But newflash: they use 223 in the Mini-14 not the 556 unless you spend a lot of money. Just because you can fit a 556 into a Mini-14 or an AR-14 doesn't mean it's the brightest bulb thing to do. But you go ahead and do it. It's sometimes called the Darwin Factor.

The correct question to ask is what percentage of mass-shootings is done with an assault weapon.

Zero

The term "Assault weapon" is a media invention.

Did you know that most mass shootings were domestic or family violence? Analysis of Mass Shootings

Only 27% of mass shooters used an AR-15. Most used handguns. Reality Check: Most Mass Shooters Use Handguns, Not AR-15s
how many victims per incident per type of weapon?

And what do his links have to do with much of anything at all?

When it mudwhistle 's kid, wife, mother, sister, will the type of weapon or the number of times its been used be the first question he asks?

Next, one of the nutters will say "but swimming pools and cars".

No they would not. Because we know that, absent one weapon a depraved killer or rapist will simply choose another. It is, after all, what depraved killers and rapists do.

I can't speak for mudwhislte, but I know, if my kid, wife, mother, sister were killed in a mass shooting, my first question would be, what antidepressant was the shooter on when he did this.

Even many on the left know it's not the guns causing these shootings, it's the drug.

Watch it and learn. I know you won't, because you don't want to know the truth.

Lets flip your question and see if you have guts enough to answer it:

Your daughter, home with your granddaughter calls you and tells you she repelled a house invasion by a known rapist.

Would you care if she used an AR-15, or for that matter, any weapon, legal or not, to save her and/or your granddaughter?

I look forward to your answer, although I expect you don't have nerve enough to.

I got a 375 dollar gun that has shot over 5000 rounds of crappy lake city and will do thousands more.

Most over the counter AR15s are chambered for 5.56 if not all anymore, if it says 5.56 on the barrel than is what it is.
None of the ARs I sell say .223 on the barrel, even the cheapest model I sell Smith&Wessen M&P 15 sport is chambered for 5.56 I sell those for $469. They are a very decent ar for the price obviously my best sellers. They have no forward assist and no dust cover, most people don’t need those anyway.
They easily shot 1MOA out of the box, and have above average barrels...

Wrong on both counts. Here is a picture of an AR-15 Model 601. You will notice the selector settings.

601-Left-601x451.jpg
What are you trying to prove here? Colt can modify its sporting rifles and custom outfit them for police use, just like Ford/GM will outfit police cars to specs from police departments.

He's trying to say that a car modified for a stock car race is the same as one you buy off the showroom floor

Wrong, cupcake. The AR-15 Model 601 was what I and hundreds of thousands of other used in the Air Force. Yes, we called it M-16 but it had the triangle charging handle identifying it as an AR-15 that just had the rails and such to mount the M-16 accessories on. Otherwise, the AR-15 Model 601 is identical to the M-16A-2 except the AR-15 model 601 was green instead of black. It's like adding stock racks to your pickup.
And no matter what you say it is not the same rifle that is available to civilians

It has the same performance, shares most of the same parts. It's like the difference between a Buick and a Chevy. The Buick gets the automatic shift on the column and the Chevy gets the manual shift on the floor. You lost this round. Please move on to your next nonsensical point so we can kick your ass around even more.

Since the civilian Ar can only fore one round at a time it does not have the same performance.

The better analogy would be a Camaro bought off the showroom floor compared to a Camaro built for NASCAR

The semiautomatic rifle has been available to the public for over a century. An AR 15 is nothing but another semiautomatic rifle and FYI far from the most powerful rifle available to any civilian

“Made in the US by Smith & Wesson, you can expect the same great quality of the M&P15 Sport as you would with any other Smith & Wesson gun.

This Smith & Wesson M&P15 Sport is a high quality AR15 with the ability to fire both .223 and 5.56 NATO rounds, making it worth every cent.

To test their own reliability, Smith & Wesson had two of their M&P15 Sport AR15s fire 160,000 rounds to ensure that they would still be fully functionable after so many shots. After 160,000 rounds, the rifles functioned perfectly, and the M&P15 Sport AR15s managed to hold their own.

Smith & Wesson coats these rifles with a Melonite finish, allowing them to handle heat, sand, dust, or water. The bolt carrier and gas tube are chromed to make cleaning easy and prevent errosion. The lower receiver is made with 7075 T6 aluminum – so it is as tough as steel, but much more resistant to errosion.”

I used to train with a 95 lb 3rd degree black belt. When we sparred I went 2/3rds power and she went 2/3rds speed. It evened things up. I don't know a single knuckle dragger that could have taken her or even lasted longer than 2 seconds with her. The Human Male has way too many weak points that a Female can take advantage of in order to get room enough to disengage. The first thing is to NEVER get in the situation that they are alone in a secluded area. Then, if attacked, her best defense is a high pitched scream. And remember, a Female can run faster with her skirts up than a Male can run with his pants down. If a Woman is afraid of being put into harms way, She can elect to get the training to resist. And there are many easy to learn methods she can learn, master and use quickly if She doesn't panic. And using a Gun isn't one of them. If She panics, having the Gun just means the Bad Guy now has a brand new gun and a nice piece of ass.
So, a 95 pound woman can fight off a 250 pound meat head?

You obviously have zero experience. Probably lying. There is no such thing as a Dr. Spok Vulcan hold. One punch from meat head and woman is out, if not dead.

And, no matter what, the answer for you is always NO GUNS, right?

Cupcake.

You believe a woman can successfully defend herself against a meat head with her bare hands, but is incapable of successfully drawing and firing in the same situation? She will panic with a gun and end up just handing it to meat head, but fight like a junkyard dog with nothing?
Cupcake.

It is incredible the lengths that Daryl take on this subject.

Women should not venture out alone? Like in Iran?

Women should become Black Belts? Yeah, that works about 2% of the time

Carry a pencil with them to poke the assailant in the eye? You better have really good aim, cuz you miss the eye, your dead!

Kick em in the balls? You better friggen hope that that big tall guy is close enough and stands completely still so you can.

But don't, for gods sake, shoot the bastard?

Maybe my favorite was him saying a woman in a skirt can outrun a man with pant's around his ankles.

1. The Mans pants are rarely around his ankles until the deed is being done. At that point the smaller woman is at his mercy.

2. Is Daryl saying Women who wear skirts are somehow asking to be raped?

Guess women just have to hire armed guards to take out the garbage, and older women? Guess they just need to stay home and hope some bastard doesn't barge through their front door?

I don't know why anyone argues with this dude, we gave him enough rope to hang himself and he did. Let the dead rest in peace.

Daryl is not just a cupcake, he's a buttercup cupcake with snowflake sprinkles.

as you've proven

unproven.

Toyota and Astin Martin use the same chassis for their cars.

does that make them the same at?

Same with the AR-15

It shares the same frame as the M-16

ARs were converted into the M-16.

but, they aren't the same firearm
What a bunch crazy's, your might run into another dead end on this one like all your other gun expert gun bubbas foolishness. I never said the AR-15 wasn't ever converted to a M-16 , Confused much big guy.

The AR was not used in combat, until it was converted into an M-17.
Look Closely ,any serial number above 101 was taken by the military. This is still a very early production example It's serial 603294, Dam look whats its called.
View attachment 192748
So the fuck what?

The civilian version of the Ar 15 is not the same. Never was never will be.

And just because a rifle was bought or eve manufactured for the military does not mean it was ever issued for combat
Well I never said it was . Its the other way around you said the AR wasn't bought by the military or used by them , and your 100% bullshitter , live with it I made a fool of you in just a couple of comments

Thank you for proving my point

And FYI the AR 15 available to the public is not the same as the military version because it is solely a semiautomatic not unlike any other semiautomatic rifle that has been available on the civilian market for over a century

Still waiting on a point, Daryl.

The point is, the AR-15 was Military First. And it was full auto before it was semi auto. I learned to shoot a M-16 that was really an AR-15 Model 601 in the Air Force. The M-16 has a bar charging handle while the Model 601 has a triangle charging handle. I wonder how many others mistook the 601 for the M-16 as well.

The original rant was that there never was an Auto Version of the AR-15. Well, the Full Auto AR-15 Model 601 started it all and was in service clean up into the 1990s.

The Lever action rifle is an actual military weapon, the AR-15, by your own rant, is not.....

The original model never has been available to any civilian.

HAs it?

No it has not therefore the AR 15 is just anther semiautomatic rifle not unlike any other semiautomatic rifle that has been available to the public for over a century

One must consider Rustic's conclusion on ignorance, since his entire body of work on this message board is built on his personal biases and alternate facts.

Consideration, however, does not become acceptance. Only others whose sense of reality is formed by their biases accept his judgments; others who observe reality with an open mind, empathy and able to see issues sagaciously before making a judgment.

In this matter only the gun is factored into the thinking of those who believe the 2nd A. is an absolute right, and under no conditions can it be infringed. This is an example of an alternate fact belied by reality, and supported by the ignorance of others.

Lets check your sense of reality and see where your biases lay. So if you would please answer the following:

By way of example, you get a call from your daughter that she just fought off a rapist who told her that he was going to kill her after (details not appropriate for this forum) and dump her body somewhere where no one would ever find her. She continued the description by telling you how she fought him off and that the reason she was able to escape was by the use of a weapon.

Which, of the many weapons that she might tell you she used to save her life, would you find unacceptable to have used?

Would you find it unacceptable knowing the weapon she choose to fight off the attack was registered?

Would you find it unacceptable knowing she had no license for it?

Would you find it unacceptable that she completed no government mandated training with it?

Would you find it unacceptable that the weapon she used had a rail on it?

Would you find it unacceptable that it was Military grade?

I think the truth is that you probably wouldn't care. And maybe, most important is that nobody really would care, except perhaps the murderous rapist.

Look forward to your response.

I was trained in the management of assaultive behavior. The basic rule was to survive. Thus, in the above scenario, all of the above are acceptable, when one's life is at risk.

And yet, the use of a gun to kill masses of people for "sport", or when the outcome of killing massive #'s of people - suicide by one's own hand, or cop - has no relationship to your scenario.

A violent attack, by a more powerful person requires techniques which may cause death or permanent injury to the attacker. A pen or pencil used to enter the brain via an eye, can blind, incapacitate or kill an attacker; a blunt instrument used with enough force to the throat or the temple can kill or incapacitate an attacker and one's teeth can be used to maim or cause enough pain to thwart the attacker so as to allow the victim to run, or to become the attacker, using a thumb to the eye is always effective.

A violent attack, by a more powerful person requires techniques which may cause death or permanent injury to the attacker.

The hope being that the attacker might not be equally trained, in such a case, a gun becomes the equalizer.

Wrong, the gun can become problematic in close quarters. any hesitance by the daughter in your scenario can result in having the gun used on her.

You may own guns, but its clear you've never been trained to do anything but point and shoot, and assume a gun is always loaded. Even LE, well trained on the use of guns in stressful situations make mistakes. To state this daughter in the scenario, in a very stressful situation,would be able to defend herself, is wishful thinking.

This is always ignored. The gun nuts think that if they can hit targets at the firing range, they can fight off attacker.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I've been there. It doesn't go the way you think it will and the aftermath is nothing at all like you think it will be.

You also make a very good point about cops - a gazillion cops empty their guns into their supposed bad guy and he's actually hit 12 times.

And yet, the nutters think they can put a teacher through an 8 hour course and he/she will e able to protect the school. Its idiotic.

It doesn't matter what you think.

It doesn't matter if law abiding citizens owning firearms increases or lowers the crime or murder rates.
All that matters is that we have a right to own or not to own firearms the rest is completely irrelevant

The only thing you buried was your head up your ass.

Advice. Don’t fart.
Everyone is laughing at you. Made a complete fool of you and it was easy.

Made a complete fool of yourself, and it was easy.

You still have posted the link or the information you 'claim' you found about the number of mass murders events caused by ARs.

ashamed of what you found?
Oh the poor boy is hurt. All I did is prove that gun bubbas, especially the ones here have no clue or will just plain out lie about something they want others to think they know something about , like I've said all along , they don't

and...

still haven't answered the question.
The answer to the question , is I ate you up and spit you out.
No you swallowed

The correct question to ask is what percentage of mass-shootings is done with an assault weapon.

Zero

The term "Assault weapon" is a media invention.

Did you know that most mass shootings were domestic or family violence? Analysis of Mass Shootings

Only 27% of mass shooters used an AR-15. Most used handguns. Reality Check: Most Mass Shooters Use Handguns, Not AR-15s
how many victims per incident per type of weapon?
ME ME I can answer that, with mass murders over 10 people the Assault weapon holds supreme. Its by far the weapons of choice of all mass murderers.
So the fuck what?

Mass murders only account for about 1% of all murders

Forum List

Back