🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What's Happening... We are all becoming angry... blacks and whites

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
And where will it lead? Clinton says that whites need to listen...What about blacks?

Our problem is "ignorance."

Ignorance of history, Ignorance of the law, Ignorance of responsibility and Ignorance of accepting all people.

Have you ever watched these interviews of people who seemingly have had no education? They don't have a clue of history, current events or the challenge of accepting those who are different from ourselves.

Where there is ignorance, a breeding ground of hate and anger ensues. That is where we are.

One group will act in a certain manner and the opposite group; will retaliate in kind out of anger.

(Example: A police officer shoots a black. The media highlights the altercation. Blacks blame the police without knowledge of the entire scenario. Whites react to the actions of blacks for protesting. As each group incorrectly assume their action is appropriate, neither is. Anger piles on anger and people don't think logically any longer.)

If it is a winner is the last man standing, we are in for a long unsolvable war that will take more innocent lives. The rhetoric that encourages this resentment has to be stopped.

For What It's Worth

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side

It's s time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, now, what's that sound
Stop, children, what's that sound

~ Buffalo Springfield

Written by Steven Stills nearly 50 years ago & could have been written today.

There is an incredible cycle of violence and hate. Not just one side has to understand...both sides need to understand. Close your eyes and ignore the color, but listen to the rhetoric.

Is anyone saying "Treat the person in front of you as you would want to be treated?

You don't have to love the other person but give them the respect you would want in return.

For What It's Worth

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side

It's s time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, now, what's that sound
Stop, children, what's that sound

~ Buffalo Springfield

Written by Steven Stills nearly 50 years ago & could have been written today.
Thank you! "Nobody's right if everybody is wrong." That is what it is turning into.

There is an incredible cycle of violence and hate. Not just one side has to understand...both sides need to understand. Close your eyes and ignore the color, but listen to the rhetoric.

Is anyone saying "Treat the person in front of you as you would want to be treated?

You don't have to love the other person but give them the respect you would want in return.

I feel you .. but at some point, this shit has got to stop. No differently than during the civil rights era, it had to stop and people had to take a firm and aggressive stand.

Nothing changes without demand .. and African-Americans .. and black police officers, are demanding that officers who shoot innocent people be held accountable.

We have been in this country for over 400 years .. yet only been relatively free for 51 years. It's not difficult to recognize where the problem is.

The key.....Stop using color to describe someone.

And where will it lead? Clinton says that whites need to listen...What about blacks?

Ignorance of history, Ignorance of the law, Ignorance of responsibility and Ignorance of accepting all people.

Have you ever watched these interviews of people who seemingly have had no education? They don't have a clue of history, current events or the challenge of accepting those who are different from ourselves.

Where there is ignorance, a breeding ground of hate and anger ensues. That is where we are.

One group will act in a certain manner and the opposite group; will retaliate in kind out of anger.

(Example: A police officer shoots a black. The media highlights the altercation. Blacks blame the police without knowledge of the entire scenario. Whites react to the actions of blacks for protesting. As each group incorrectly assume their action is appropriate, neither is. Anger piles on anger and people don't think logically any longer.)

If it is a winner is the last man standing, we are in for a long unsolvable war that will take more innocent lives. The rhetoric that encourages this resentment has to be stopped.

What do you think it is like to be a black man living in an inner city neighborhood? Can you empathize outside of your personal experiences?

What do you think it is like to be a black man living in an inner city neighborhood? Can you empathize outside of your personal experiences?
What do you thin it is like to be a white man living in a suburban neighborhood? Can you empathize outside of your personal experience?

I remember the riots in the 60's, the extremists then were the Black Panthers, pretty much, and Malcolm X, but what we knew all came from Walter Cronkite at 6 p.m. and the local paper in the morning. It was a hot summer, only doctors offices and such had A.C., and people were running on a short fuse. My parents had a friend who was a cop, who was fighting for days on the streets when the riots broke out. He was okay but other cops weren't so lucky. We worried for him and for our weekly cleaning lady, who was black and who lived in that part of town because this was pre-desegregation and all black people did. She was scared we wouldn't want her to work anymore afterwards. It was so sad she'd even be worried about that. The neighborhoods that burned were a mess for years; boarded up buildings and empty lots full of debris. Looked like a war zone, except people still lived there.

But here we are again, 50 years later, with the explosion of social media and 24/7 news making the tensions even worse than they were then. (CNN is a real pot stirrer, imo) We once again have cities a hair breadth away from riots with the "New Black Panther Party" emerging and BLM taking to the streets. What's missing, though, is the voice of a Martin Luther King. Even though plenty of people didn't agree with his tactics back in the day, he was a voice of reason and hope in the midst of a shit storm and he was respected by many; people listened to him. We seem to be missing a voice like that now that can moderate some of this anger and frustration, find a way to turn it to good.

Be very thankful, folks, if all the protesters want to do is jam up traffic for a few hours. It can get a lot worse.

Yes. We need to stop viewing people in general terms and start dealing with each person as an individual, setting the stereotypes aside. Let us all prove to each other who we are and what we're worth, one person at a time. Respect is never a bad move. Ever.

I feel you .. but at some point, this shit has got to stop. No differently than during the civil rights era, it had to stop and people had to take a firm and aggressive stand.

Nothing changes without demand .. and African-Americans .. and black police officers, are demanding that officers who shoot innocent people be held accountable.

We have been in this country for over 400 years .. yet only been relatively free for 51 years. It's not difficult to recognize where the problem is.

I agree that people who treat others improperly have to be held accountable! But it goes both ways. If the police shoots someone without cause, he needs to be tried and suffer the consequences!

There have been blacks that were treated improperly and those who did it have suffered the consequences. I personally think that "bad" cops are especially horrible because we depend on them to hear us and take care of us.

But the hate and anger has brought us to the opposite position as well. Five police officers protecting protesters were gunned down.

How many blacks are taking to the streets to call for the death of white police officers?

How many police officers have taken the life of a black without cause?

Look at the statistics. Cops shooting whites and cops shooting blacks. How many were designated without cause?

I found myself getting very angry over the protests that became violent and targeting police while at the same time those same protesters are the first to go to the police for help.

I got too angry and didn't think about all of the good people who follow our laws and do not target white police. Sadly, I became unreasonable, just as the people I was targeting with my rhetoric were unreasonable as well.

We cannot let our emotions get the best of us. Right now, I think like another poster suggested, we look to God for helping all of us understand each other.

In our history, we treated people savagely. We were so wrong on so many levels that it is hard to believe that so many took part in that inhumane behavior. But it did happen. We cannot change that, but learn from it. We have to understand that what we want is what we have to give.

For me to be respected, I must respect others first. My apologies to those who may have been targeted by my careless words.

Do you think we can think of others as PEOPLE first without agendas, but just a heart and conscience with knowledge of right and wrong? Perhaps we can work to that end.

Do Whites hate Blacks? Some do and some don't.

Do Blacks hate Whites? Some do and some don't.

For the most part I suspect each of the two groups practices avoidance of each other. But that is not what you would call hate.

I am White and I have Black friends. One is from work and the others are from sports. One lives in the neighborhood with his White wife and bronze complectioned kid. The rest of my friends and neighbors are White or Latino.

This lack of interface between most Blacks and most Whites is what enables each to create a notion of "Boogieman" for the other. Then "the other" becomes "them". And this results in "us against them".

Us against them can lead to anger.

If the Blacks feel and believe they are being victimized by the White cops, then they can easily become angry against first cops then against the Whites who pay their salaries with their own taxes.

Hillary can really, really identify with what poor blacks experience...........as she makes another $1200 appointment with her hair stylist.
You've all been duped, bitchez!

I agree that people who treat others improperly have to be held accountable! But it goes both ways. If the police shoots someone without cause, he needs to be tried and suffer the consequences!

There have been blacks that were treated improperly and those who did it have suffered the consequences. I personally think that "bad" cops are especially horrible because we depend on them to hear us and take care of us.

But the hate and anger has brought us to the opposite position as well. Five police officers protecting protesters were gunned down.

How many blacks are taking to the streets to call for the death of white police officers?

How many police officers have taken the life of a black without cause?

Look at the statistics. Cops shooting whites and cops shooting blacks. How many were designated without cause?

I found myself getting very angry over the protests that became violent and targeting police while at the same time those same protesters are the first to go to the police for help.

I got too angry and didn't think about all of the good people who follow our laws and do not target white police. Sadly, I became unreasonable, just as the people I was targeting with my rhetoric were unreasonable as well.

We cannot let our emotions get the best of us. Right now, I think like another poster suggested, we look to God for helping all of us understand each other.

In our history, we treated people savagely. We were so wrong on so many levels that it is hard to believe that so many took part in that inhumane behavior. But it did happen. We cannot change that, but learn from it. We have to understand that what we want is what we have to give.

For me to be respected, I must respect others first. My apologies to those who may have been targeted by my careless words.

Do you think we can think of others as PEOPLE first without agendas, but just a heart and conscience with knowledge of right and wrong? Perhaps we can work to that end.
As we get more facts out of Baton Rouge it appears there is more and more "cause" becoming apparent for the shooting by the cop of the victim.

It is the victim's GF b!tch who ignited this conflagration about the tail light and the CCW permit, neither of which existed.

Her BF had a gun and was possibly going for the gun when the Latino cop shot him.

I will try. I taught in the inner city for 30 years. I so loved my children and their parents! Most parents were loving and trying their best for their children. Those who fell short of being a helpful parent were generally in "crisis" living and often grandparents came in to fill in for family members that were absent.

I wrote daily notes to parents to let them know the good things about their children, even asking if a parent who was incarcerated could be sent "good notes" as well. We worked together to devise plans to help children who werie not meeting the academic standards or behavior standards. They loved their children as much as I loved mine.

Did they have more challenges than I? Yes.But that did not deter their belief that their children could be as good as any other. Nearly every year I had a child who had been raped in my class. But, believe it or not, that wasn't as horrible as the daily emotional abuse and neglect a few had suffered. Thank God that was not as prevelant but I was determined to make a difference in their life.

Were my "classroom" children different than any others, or even mine? No. Love was everywhere in that room. And hate never raised it's ugly head. The only difference between that classroom and the world we see right now is that color was never an issue and hugs and positive messages were present daily. No one was a victim and no one was a perpetrator. We just accepted each other...and appreciated one another.

I remember the riots in the 60's, the extremists then were the Black Panthers, pretty much, and Malcolm X, but what we knew all came from Walter Cronkite at 6 p.m. and the local paper in the morning. It was a hot summer, only doctors offices and such had A.C., and people were running on a short fuse. My parents had a friend who was a cop, who was fighting for days on the streets when the riots broke out. He was okay but other cops weren't so lucky. We worried for him and for our weekly cleaning lady, who was black and who lived in that part of town because this was pre-desegregation and all black people did. She was scared we wouldn't want her to work anymore afterwards. It was so sad she'd even be worried about that. The neighborhoods that burned were a mess for years; boarded up buildings and empty lots full of debris. Looked like a war zone, except people still lived there.

But here we are again, 50 years later, with the explosion of social media and 24/7 news making the tensions even worse than they were then. (CNN is a real pot stirrer, imo) We once again have cities a hair breadth away from riots with the "New Black Panther Party" emerging and BLM taking to the streets. What's missing, though, is the voice of a Martin Luther King. Even though plenty of people didn't agree with his tactics back in the day, he was a voice of reason and hope in the midst of a shit storm and he was respected by many; people listened to him. We seem to be missing a voice like that now that can moderate some of this anger and frustration, find a way to turn it to good.

Be very thankful, folks, if all the protesters want to do is jam up traffic for a few hours. It can get a lot worse.
How insightful of you to acknowledge we had wise people like ML King to talked about acceptance and having a dream where we could live in harmony. I still think that is possible. But someone has to say "Stop the Madness" and realize that person in front of you would be your "brother" if we were attacked by an outside force. We have to stop listening to those who call only on blacks or whites to change. We all need to change.

What do you thin it is like to be a white man living in a suburban neighborhood? Can you empathize outside of your personal experience?
I am trying to empathize and understand that we are more alike than we are different. Your question is a good one. Ask more posters.

Do Whites hate Blacks? Some do and some don't.

Do Blacks hate Whites? Some do and some don't.

For the most part I suspect each of the two groups practices avoidance of each other. But that is not what you would call hate.

I am White and I have Black friends. One is from work and the others are from sports. One lives in the neighborhood with his White wife and bronze complectioned kid. The rest of my friends and neighbors are White or Latino.

This lack of interface between most Blacks and most Whites is what enables each to create a notion of "Boogieman" for the other. Then "the other" becomes "them". And this results in "us against them".

Us against them can lead to anger.

If the Blacks feel and believe they are being victimized by the White cops, then they can easily become angry against first cops then against the Whites who pay their salaries with their own taxes.

And, in turn, when protesters bring in Hate Groups and yell that only black lives matter, whites become enraged. Both black and white people have to stand up and say, "We are more alike than we are different. We become angry when treated poorly, so let US STOP!"

Hillary can really, really identify with what poor blacks experience...........as she makes another $1200 appointment with her hair stylist.
Lol... she is different. She talks for votes, just as any other politician. She isn't looking for an answer to everyone accepting each other.

Lol... she is different. She talks for votes, just as any other politician. She isn't looking for an answer to everyone accepting each other.

And neither is the party that Hillary represents..............remember, 'never let a crisis go to waste'. And if there isn't any real crisis, than create one!

Forum List

Back