What's Happening... We are all becoming angry... blacks and whites

Hillary can really, really identify with what poor blacks experience...........as she makes another $1200 appointment with her hair stylist.
You've all been duped, bitchez!

She came from a modest background, but her father & mother were by no means "rich". She got herself educated & made a success of herself enough to be able to afford it. BTW, didn't Drumph's daddy fork over a $million to Donny to get going & HE needs more than $1200 to fix that mess on his head.
The fact that liberals think Trump is a failure and Hillary is a success tells you pretty much all you need to know.

Tribblehead is not a failure. As a human perhaps, but in business he certainly has had enough success, because snake oil salesmen will always have their dupes.
Spoken like a true dupe.

Funny how when they vote dem, they are the "Poor" and our society is to be judged by how well we treat them.

But if they disagree with the libs, suddenly they are stupid and deserving of ridicule.

The political / racial climate is so uber-charged that everyone is OVER-sensitive, immediately willing to read everything as 'intended offense' instead of taking a breath and NOT being so sensitive.

It all started when someone first brought up the notion that respect has to be earned. I’ve heard that bullshit all my life and it’s literally one of the most grotesque stances one can have. The populace was much more civil when you started with giving respect to all and letting them earn your dis-respect (if they did).

Imagine how much brighter the outlook would be if our politics were based on that. Lee Atwater was the first to take the act national and it has stuck because it is entertaining to call people names, insinuate that someone is personally lacking in some area, discredit your opponents by talking about their fathers or putting some juvenile adjective before their name.

Lee Atwater was full of shit.

Nixon didn't pander to the Southern Racists, he forced desegregation though at top speed.

This whole situtation is liberal divide and conquer BS.

In my opinion for everyday, go to work, people black and white we DON'T hate each other. Blacks and whites work together with one problem, that I see. I don't hate blacks because they are black and I don't think blacks hate me only because I am white.

Is the situation in the inner city terrible, yes. Does that mean whites hate blacks, no. Are whites keep the blacks in the inner city. Well in my opinion, yes, the democrat policies have kept white and black poor, poor. But that has nothing to do with hate it is just the situation.

Are there cops that profile blacks as being a bigger risk than whites, sure, I think I might do the same, doesn't mean I would shoot them for no reason. Especially in the inner city.

What America does have are race baiters like Mrs. Tuzla. Who only blames one side of the equation. When in fact it is people like her who are the problem. Need proof that people like Mrs. Tuzla make things worse, just look around.

Now the question is what do we do about the urban hell holes that lots of poor live in? Give handouts? Or create jobs? I think working and earning a living is the way to go. But that appears to be the direct opposite of democrat policy. Bring in millions of poor is only going to make things worse, but then again, maybe that is what people like Mrs. Tuzla wants.

How does me having apathy for the inner city poor make their situation any better? How can I make it better for them? No sir there is only one person who can brake the cycle for the inner city poor, and it is them when given the opportunity.

I don't hate blacks and I think it is a shame when one is shot needlessly.
I've been an adult education teacher for the past couple years, and I have to take exception to your statement that the Democrats (although they don't have the majority in D.C., do they?) are not trying to help the poor get jobs. The going theory is that to earn a living wage, you need a certain amount of education. Almost everything we do with students no matter what THEIR goals--an equivalency diploma, English as a Second Language, remedial math, college level tutoring--the government insists on a lengthy "plan" listing what they want for a career and tracks steps to achieve that. It's a big pain in the butt. But it is definitely a government initiative to get the poor trained and working. Everyone wants people off assistance, including the people on assistance. Our biggest problem here is that even with improved education, there are extremely few jobs around here that earn a good living wage.

So, with your last sentence you admit that they are spending a lot of effort training people for jobs that are not there.

That's not really helping.

THat's creating the illusion of helping to make themselves feel good and to get votes.

Trump's trade and immigration policies would lead to more jobs and better wages for those poor people.
I didn't say I thought it was effective, did I? The idea is okay, for some people in some areas. Education has been found, over and over, to be the best indicator of future earning potential. There is no argument there. These federal initiatives that corral everyone into the same pen and insist on universal approaches are what waste a lot of time and money in the end.

The political / racial climate is so uber-charged that everyone is OVER-sensitive, immediately willing to read everything as 'intended offense' instead of taking a breath and NOT being so sensitive.

Mmm, no.

I don't assume that people are doing x, y or z because they are anti-white racist, unless they are painfully obvious about it.

I had a buddy who applied for a police job he expected to get. He was shocked when he was rejected and furthermore shocked at the stupid reason given.

several years later, a class of white police applicants sued the city for "Reverse discrimination" and won.

My buddy complained to his peer group, ie my circle of friends and NONE of us, assumed that it was racial discrimination because he was white.

But it was.

He was not sensitive ENOUGH. He assumed they were telling the truth.

If he and his class had sued he would have had years of higher earning and seniority in his career.

And where will it lead? Clinton says that whites need to listen...What about blacks?

Our problem is "ignorance."

Ignorance of history, Ignorance of the law, Ignorance of responsibility and Ignorance of accepting all people.

Have you ever watched these interviews of people who seemingly have had no education? They don't have a clue of history, current events or the challenge of accepting those who are different from ourselves.

Where there is ignorance, a breeding ground of hate and anger ensues. That is where we are.

One group will act in a certain manner and the opposite group; will retaliate in kind out of anger.

(Example: A police officer shoots a black. The media highlights the altercation. Blacks blame the police without knowledge of the entire scenario. Whites react to the actions of blacks for protesting. As each group incorrectly assume their action is appropriate, neither is. Anger piles on anger and people don't think logically any longer.)

If it is a winner is the last man standing, we are in for a long unsolvable war that will take more innocent lives. The rhetoric that encourages this resentment has to be stopped.
Do Whites hate Blacks? Some do and some don't.

Do Blacks hate Whites? Some do and some don't.

For the most part I suspect each of the two groups practices avoidance of each other. But that is not what you would call hate.

I am White and I have Black friends. One is from work and the others are from sports. One lives in the neighborhood with his White wife and bronze complectioned kid. The rest of my friends and neighbors are White or Latino.

This lack of interface between most Blacks and most Whites is what enables each to create a notion of "Boogieman" for the other. Then "the other" becomes "them". And this results in "us against them".

Us against them can lead to anger.

If the Blacks feel and believe they are being victimized by the White cops, then they can easily become angry against first cops then against the Whites who pay their salaries with their own taxes.

And, in turn, when protesters bring in Hate Groups and yell that only black lives matter, whites become enraged. Both black and white people have to stand up and say, "We are more alike than we are different. We become angry when treated poorly, so let US STOP!"

You know, not everything is about white people.

Some black people are communicating that they still yet don't feel all of the progress that most of us have already felt. That only enrages whites who happen to be assholes who insist on making everything about themselves.

An utterly stupid comment early on in this thread asks if a black man could empathize with a suburban white man. Empathize? It's the dream of people of color to be treated as well by systemic forces working against them, like cops that are bad apples. They dream of that day. The real question is if ignorant ass white people can empathize with people who are still scapegoated, oppressed, and mistreated because they are black and because some bad apples still have hate in their hearts for blacks.

As a white person, I am done with having this all put on me.

None of black people's problems are my fault and I reject any claim on me because of their fucked up issues.

They DO need to empathize with that, if they want to have any constructive discussion at all.

BTW, fuck you, for calling us "ignorant ass white people".
My ancestors fought to free the slaves in the War of Northern Aggression. As such, black Americans today owe me their gratitude and I want payment from them for the hardships and deaths of my ancestors.

So then tell Me.

The everyday lives of the people in the suburbs consists of what? What do they do to get through their daily lives? Who do they think about? What motivates them? Are they concerned about their children? Are they doing their best to raise them in values they hold, and their parents hold? Do they go to work every day? How many of them will be found walking down the street, alone, at 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 4a.m.? How many of them spend their entire weekends seeking to hang out with friends instead of family?

I could go on and on with a list of daily activities that the majority of families in America suburbia partake which never bring them into contact with the police, or place them in suspicious situations.

This is normal America. They go to work, they go home and spend time with their families. They make time for a small handful of friends on the weekend (or they just do things around the house with family). Some will take a few hours a week to improve their education. Most of them will be concerned about the quality of the local schools, where they will get the money for advanced education for their children, retirement and maybe government overreach.

This is not to say that there are not misfits and a bad element in suburbia. There certainly are those who will also run afoul of the law. The point is, the culture of suburbia is one of trying to improve themselves, their community, and their family.

I know for some, they think this is some kind of fantasy world, yet it happens to Americans by the 10's of millions each and every day.

a healthy percentage of suburban americans smoke weed, but there is a small percentage of the amount of drug enforcement in my neighborhood compared to the black community that is near me.

The black/white marijuana arrest gap, in nine charts

Interestingly enough, blacks and whites use marijuana in the U.S. at very similar rates overall. White 18-25 year olds are about 20% more likely to smoke weed than their black peers. But blacks are arrested for marijuana possession at a rate that is 5 or 6 times higher.

Why do you think that is?

I recall a bar fight I witnessed.

A black guy and a white guy got into a fight at the bar.

The bouncer broke it up, and the bartender told them that he had called the cops.

The white guy apologized and left. The black guy stayed to bitch at the bar tender.

When I left he was bitching at the cops, very loudly.

He got arrested and the white guy did not.

On paper, a liberal would assume that was defacto evidence of racism.

But in reality, there was a serious difference in behavior, that lead to different results.
Yes. Which drives home the point that in order for us to have a real discussion about why black life and white life are so different in America. To Me, it does not boil down to the prejudices exhibited by whites (or blacks too) that is the problem. It is culture. There are millions of blacks who live in suburbia who do exactly as the Whites, the Asians, the Hispanics and the Native Americans do. They tend to their lives, their families and their friends. They have little to no racial tension in their lives, and they have no law enforcement problem. No more than any other family.

The discussion has to begin there.

There is an incredible cycle of violence and hate. Not just one side has to understand...both sides need to understand. Close your eyes and ignore the color, but listen to the rhetoric.

Is anyone saying "Treat the person in front of you as you would want to be treated?

You don't have to love the other person but give them the respect you would want in return.

I feel you .. but at some point, this shit has got to stop. No differently than during the civil rights era, it had to stop and people had to take a firm and aggressive stand.

Nothing changes without demand .. and African-Americans .. and black police officers, are demanding that officers who shoot innocent people be held accountable.

We have been in this country for over 400 years .. yet only been relatively free for 51 years. It's not difficult to recognize where the problem is.
So when is the horrendious amount of Black on Black crime going to stop and when will the so called leaders in the Black community make a stand on the issue.

So then tell Me.

The everyday lives of the people in the suburbs consists of what? What do they do to get through their daily lives? Who do they think about? What motivates them? Are they concerned about their children? Are they doing their best to raise them in values they hold, and their parents hold? Do they go to work every day? How many of them will be found walking down the street, alone, at 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 4a.m.? How many of them spend their entire weekends seeking to hang out with friends instead of family?

I could go on and on with a list of daily activities that the majority of families in America suburbia partake which never bring them into contact with the police, or place them in suspicious situations.

This is normal America. They go to work, they go home and spend time with their families. They make time for a small handful of friends on the weekend (or they just do things around the house with family). Some will take a few hours a week to improve their education. Most of them will be concerned about the quality of the local schools, where they will get the money for advanced education for their children, retirement and maybe government overreach.

This is not to say that there are not misfits and a bad element in suburbia. There certainly are those who will also run afoul of the law. The point is, the culture of suburbia is one of trying to improve themselves, their community, and their family.

I know for some, they think this is some kind of fantasy world, yet it happens to Americans by the 10's of millions each and every day.

a healthy percentage of suburban americans smoke weed, but there is a small percentage of the amount of drug enforcement in my neighborhood compared to the black community that is near me.

Interestingly enough, blacks and whites use marijuana in the U.S. at very similar rates overall. White 18-25 year olds are about 20% more likely to smoke weed than their black peers. But blacks are arrested for marijuana possession at a rate that is 5 or 6 times higher.

So, what was the circumstances in which these blacks were found to be in contact with Law Enforcement as opposed to the whites? Where were they? What time of day was it, or was it late at night. Were they in the open? I have a strong suspicion that what they were doing (smoking pot) was the not the reason they were confronted by law enforcement, but once they were, they were arrested fro having a controlled substance. I note that you did not make the claim that the whites were never arrested so I think that similar circumstance arise in that those who were arressted were doing something that drew the attention of the law enforcement people beside the pot smoking.

In either case, it boils down to culture.

So then tell Me.

The bouncer broke it up, and the bartender told them that he had called the cops.

The white guy apologized and left. The black guy stayed to bitch at the bar tender.

But in reality, there was a serious difference in behavior, that lead to different results.
Yes. Which drives home the point that in order for us to have a real discussion about why black life and white life are so different in America. To Me, it does not boil down to the prejudices exhibited by whites (or blacks too) that is the problem. It is culture. There are millions of blacks who live in suburbia who do exactly as the Whites, the Asians, the Hispanics and the Native Americans do. They tend to their lives, their families and their friends. They have little to no racial tension in their lives, and they have no law enforcement problem. No more than any other family.

Overly simplistic and not true.
Black folks are profiled everywhere. From a kid in a gated community, a young man in a Walmart to an elder professor on his own doorstep. It may not be as pervasive in the burbs but it's still there.

So then tell Me.

So, what was the circumstances in which these blacks were found to be in contact with Law Enforcement as opposed to the whites? Where were they? What time of day was it, or was it late at night. Were they in the open? I have a strong suspicion that what they were doing (smoking pot) was the not the reason they were confronted by law enforcement, but once they were, they were arrested fro having a controlled substance. I note that you did not make the claim that the whites were never arrested so I think that similar circumstance arise in that those who were arressted were doing something that drew the attention of the law enforcement people beside the pot smoking.

In either case, it boils down to culture.

Again, what did Castile do to put himself in contact with the police?

So then tell Me.

Black folks are profiled everywhere. From a kid in a gated community, a young man in a Walmart to an elder professor on his own doorstep. It may not be as pervasive in the burbs but it's still there.
Patently untrue.

So then tell Me.

Patently untrue.

Except those are all real world examples.

What did Castile do to put himself in contact with the police?

Patently untrue.

All those real world examples are hearsay and bias.......do people who act suspiciously get pulled over even if they are black? Of course.

I'm not sure what you hope to prove with this Castile nonsense. I have never claimed that cops don't screw up. Never. However, I am also not dumb enough to make mistakes by law enforcement and claim that there is a genocidal war going on either.

And where will it lead? Clinton says that whites need to listen...What about blacks?

Our problem is "ignorance."

Ignorance of history, Ignorance of the law, Ignorance of responsibility and Ignorance of accepting all people.

Have you ever watched these interviews of people who seemingly have had no education? They don't have a clue of history, current events or the challenge of accepting those who are different from ourselves.

Where there is ignorance, a breeding ground of hate and anger ensues. That is where we are.

One group will act in a certain manner and the opposite group; will retaliate in kind out of anger.

(Example: A police officer shoots a black. The media highlights the altercation. Blacks blame the police without knowledge of the entire scenario. Whites react to the actions of blacks for protesting. As each group incorrectly assume their action is appropriate, neither is. Anger piles on anger and people don't think logically any longer.)

If it is a winner is the last man standing, we are in for a long unsolvable war that will take more innocent lives. The rhetoric that encourages this resentment has to be stopped.
WE are the problem. This shit is perpetuated because we eat it up like candy. The night the cops were shot I was channel surfing the news because I just knew something was going to happen. I rarely watch any of that shit. They know controversy sells because fools like YOU & I eat it up.

WE ARE THE PROBLEM. The media is nothing more than a reflection of us.

Patently untrue.

All those real world examples are hearsay and bias.......do people who act suspiciously get pulled over even if they are black? Of course.

I'm not sure what you hope to prove with this Castile nonsense. I have never claimed that cops don't screw up. Never. However, I am also not dumb enough to make mistakes by law enforcement and claim that there is a genocidal war going on either.

Castile is not hearsay or nonsense. It happened. He died at the hands of a cop for no good reason. It's a perfect example of how blacks are profiled and these encounters can be and are deadly for black folks.

Forum List

Back