🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

What's Happening... We are all becoming angry... blacks and whites

Example: A police officer shoots a black. The media highlights the altercation. Blacks blame the police without knowledge of the entire scenario. Whites react to the actions of blacks for protesting. As each group incorrectly assume their action is appropriate, neither is. Anger piles on anger and people don't think logically any longer.

Yes blacks are upset at the loss of life and whites are upset at blacks for being upset at the loss of life. See the difference?

Yes whites are upset at the loss of life and blacks are upset at the whites for being upset at the loss of life. See any difference?

Yes, mine is real and your's is bullshit

there are both BS, you are just an unrepentant racist.

Except those are all real world examples.

What did Castile do to put himself in contact with the police?
All those real world examples are hearsay and bias.......do people who act suspiciously get pulled over even if they are black? Of course.

I'm not sure what you hope to prove with this Castile nonsense. I have never claimed that cops don't screw up. Never. However, I am also not dumb enough to make mistakes by law enforcement and claim that there is a genocidal war going on either.

Castile is not hearsay or nonsense. It happened. He died at the hands of a cop for no good reason. It's a perfect example of how blacks are profiled and these encounters can be and are deadly for black folks.
Is the investigation over? Did the investigation show that "he died for no reason?" If so, I agree. If not, you are a racist.

No reason as in he committed no crime.
He was simply driving home from the grocery store.
If true, charge him, or put sanctions on him. I find it funny how liberals love to draw shit out and when they want justice really fast, they bitch and moan. It's a process and thanks to the last 50 years of how we use our courts, really fucking slow. If it takes 30 years to execute a guilty murderer, it's gonna take more than a week to investigate, charge and try anyone for a shooting.

I'm not talking about justice. That should or will happen when the the facts are all in. I'm arguing against those who somehow wish to put the onus of responsibility on the victim rather than the officer. By all accounts Castile was not a criminal. This has been verified. He had a good job and indeed had a CCW. He did nothing to put himself into contact with the police. Those that wish to argue otherwise do so with an agenda. That is my beef.

And where will it lead? Clinton says that whites need to listen...What about blacks?

Our problem is "ignorance."

Ignorance of history, Ignorance of the law, Ignorance of responsibility and Ignorance of accepting all people.

Have you ever watched these interviews of people who seemingly have had no education? They don't have a clue of history, current events or the challenge of accepting those who are different from ourselves.

Where there is ignorance, a breeding ground of hate and anger ensues. That is where we are.

One group will act in a certain manner and the opposite group; will retaliate in kind out of anger.

(Example: A police officer shoots a black. The media highlights the altercation. Blacks blame the police without knowledge of the entire scenario. Whites react to the actions of blacks for protesting. As each group incorrectly assume their action is appropriate, neither is. Anger piles on anger and people don't think logically any longer.)

If it is a winner is the last man standing, we are in for a long unsolvable war that will take more innocent lives. The rhetoric that encourages this resentment has to be stopped.
Do Whites hate Blacks? Some do and some don't.

Do Blacks hate Whites? Some do and some don't.

For the most part I suspect each of the two groups practices avoidance of each other. But that is not what you would call hate.

I am White and I have Black friends. One is from work and the others are from sports. One lives in the neighborhood with his White wife and bronze complectioned kid. The rest of my friends and neighbors are White or Latino.

This lack of interface between most Blacks and most Whites is what enables each to create a notion of "Boogieman" for the other. Then "the other" becomes "them". And this results in "us against them".

Us against them can lead to anger.

If the Blacks feel and believe they are being victimized by the White cops, then they can easily become angry against first cops then against the Whites who pay their salaries with their own taxes.

And, in turn, when protesters bring in Hate Groups and yell that only black lives matter, whites become enraged. Both black and white people have to stand up and say, "We are more alike than we are different. We become angry when treated poorly, so let US STOP!"

You know, not everything is about white people.

Some black people are communicating that they still yet don't feel all of the progress that most of us have already felt. That only enrages whites who happen to be assholes who insist on making everything about themselves.

An utterly stupid comment early on in this thread asks if a black man could empathize with a suburban white man. Empathize? It's the dream of people of color to be treated as well by systemic forces working against them, like cops that are bad apples. They dream of that day. The real question is if ignorant ass white people can empathize with people who are still scapegoated, oppressed, and mistreated because they are black and because some bad apples still have hate in their hearts for blacks.

As a white person, I am done with having this all put on me.

None of black people's problems are my fault and I reject any claim on me because of their fucked up issues.

They DO need to empathize with that, if they want to have any constructive discussion at all.

BTW, fuck you, for calling us "ignorant ass white people".
My ancestors fought to free the slaves in the War of Northern Aggression. As such, black Americans today owe me their gratitude and I want payment from them for the hardships and deaths of my ancestors.

At least a few of mine did too, (as opposed to later immigrants).

So then tell Me.

The everyday lives of the people in the suburbs consists of what? What do they do to get through their daily lives? Who do they think about? What motivates them? Are they concerned about their children? Are they doing their best to raise them in values they hold, and their parents hold? Do they go to work every day? How many of them will be found walking down the street, alone, at 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 4a.m.? How many of them spend their entire weekends seeking to hang out with friends instead of family?

I could go on and on with a list of daily activities that the majority of families in America suburbia partake which never bring them into contact with the police, or place them in suspicious situations.

This is normal America. They go to work, they go home and spend time with their families. They make time for a small handful of friends on the weekend (or they just do things around the house with family). Some will take a few hours a week to improve their education. Most of them will be concerned about the quality of the local schools, where they will get the money for advanced education for their children, retirement and maybe government overreach.

This is not to say that there are not misfits and a bad element in suburbia. There certainly are those who will also run afoul of the law. The point is, the culture of suburbia is one of trying to improve themselves, their community, and their family.

I know for some, they think this is some kind of fantasy world, yet it happens to Americans by the 10's of millions each and every day.

a healthy percentage of suburban americans smoke weed, but there is a small percentage of the amount of drug enforcement in my neighborhood compared to the black community that is near me.

The black/white marijuana arrest gap, in nine charts

Interestingly enough, blacks and whites use marijuana in the U.S. at very similar rates overall. White 18-25 year olds are about 20% more likely to smoke weed than their black peers. But blacks are arrested for marijuana possession at a rate that is 5 or 6 times higher.

Why do you think that is?

I recall a bar fight I witnessed.

A black guy and a white guy got into a fight at the bar.

The bouncer broke it up, and the bartender told them that he had called the cops.

The white guy apologized and left. The black guy stayed to bitch at the bar tender.

When I left he was bitching at the cops, very loudly.

He got arrested and the white guy did not.

On paper, a liberal would assume that was defacto evidence of racism.

But in reality, there was a serious difference in behavior, that lead to different results.
Yes. Which drives home the point that in order for us to have a real discussion about why black life and white life are so different in America. To Me, it does not boil down to the prejudices exhibited by whites (or blacks too) that is the problem. It is culture. There are millions of blacks who live in suburbia who do exactly as the Whites, the Asians, the Hispanics and the Native Americans do. They tend to their lives, their families and their friends. They have little to no racial tension in their lives, and they have no law enforcement problem. No more than any other family.

The discussion has to begin there.

Works for me.

So then tell Me.

The everyday lives of the people in the suburbs consists of what? What do they do to get through their daily lives? Who do they think about? What motivates them? Are they concerned about their children? Are they doing their best to raise them in values they hold, and their parents hold? Do they go to work every day? How many of them will be found walking down the street, alone, at 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 4a.m.? How many of them spend their entire weekends seeking to hang out with friends instead of family?

I could go on and on with a list of daily activities that the majority of families in America suburbia partake which never bring them into contact with the police, or place them in suspicious situations.

This is normal America. They go to work, they go home and spend time with their families. They make time for a small handful of friends on the weekend (or they just do things around the house with family). Some will take a few hours a week to improve their education. Most of them will be concerned about the quality of the local schools, where they will get the money for advanced education for their children, retirement and maybe government overreach.

This is not to say that there are not misfits and a bad element in suburbia. There certainly are those who will also run afoul of the law. The point is, the culture of suburbia is one of trying to improve themselves, their community, and their family.

I know for some, they think this is some kind of fantasy world, yet it happens to Americans by the 10's of millions each and every day.

a healthy percentage of suburban americans smoke weed, but there is a small percentage of the amount of drug enforcement in my neighborhood compared to the black community that is near me.

The black/white marijuana arrest gap, in nine charts

Interestingly enough, blacks and whites use marijuana in the U.S. at very similar rates overall. White 18-25 year olds are about 20% more likely to smoke weed than their black peers. But blacks are arrested for marijuana possession at a rate that is 5 or 6 times higher.

Why do you think that is?

I recall a bar fight I witnessed.

A black guy and a white guy got into a fight at the bar.

The bouncer broke it up, and the bartender told them that he had called the cops.

The white guy apologized and left. The black guy stayed to bitch at the bar tender.

When I left he was bitching at the cops, very loudly.

He got arrested and the white guy did not.

On paper, a liberal would assume that was defacto evidence of racism.

But in reality, there was a serious difference in behavior, that lead to different results.
Yes. Which drives home the point that in order for us to have a real discussion about why black life and white life are so different in America. To Me, it does not boil down to the prejudices exhibited by whites (or blacks too) that is the problem. It is culture. There are millions of blacks who live in suburbia who do exactly as the Whites, the Asians, the Hispanics and the Native Americans do. They tend to their lives, their families and their friends. They have little to no racial tension in their lives, and they have no law enforcement problem. No more than any other family.

The discussion has to begin there.

Overly simplistic and not true.
Black folks are profiled everywhere. From a kid in a gated community, a young man in a Walmart to an elder professor on his own doorstep. It may not be as pervasive in the burbs but it's still there.

The kid in the gated community was not profiled. The elderly professor was not profiled.

They responded like fools with chips on their shoulders.

That the President came out on their sides was a travesty.

Under Obama, America has regressed to the racial violence of the 1960's.

Under Hillary, I don't see it getting any better.

Will there be another leader who is a Christian like Dr. King to quell the hatred and violence and bring about change peaceably?

(Crickets)

No, instead, America is headed towards a Palestinian like existence where children are taught to hate and blood flows in the streets every day with no end in sight.

Will there be another leader who is a Christian like Dr. King to quell the hatred and violence and bring about change peaceably?

(Crickets)

No, instead, America is headed towards a Palestinian like existence where children are taught to hate and blood flows in the streets every day with no end in sight.
While I definitely agree President Obama has done more to divide the country racially than unite it, this is nothing like the 1960s.

Watts Riots
The Watts Riot, which raged for six days and resulted in more than forty million dollars worth of property damage, was both the largest and costliest urban rebellion of the Civil Rights era. The riot spurred from an incident on August 11, 1965 when Marquette Frye, a young African American motorist, was pulled over and arrested by Lee W. Minikus, a white California Highway Patrolman, for suspicion of driving while intoxicated. As a crowd on onlookers gathered at the scene of Frye's arrest, strained tensions between police officers and the crowd erupted in a violent exchange. The outbreak of violence that followed Frye's arrest immediately touched off a large-scale riot centered in the commercial section of Watts, a deeply impoverished African American neighborhood in South Central Los Angeles. For several days, rioters overturned and burned automobiles and looted and damaged grocery stores, liquor stores, department stores, and pawnshops. Over the course of the six-day riot, over 14,000 California National Guard troops were mobilized in South Los Angeles and a curfew zone encompassing over forty-five miles was established in an attempt to restore public order. All told, the rioting claimed the lives of thirty-four people, resulted in more than one thousand reported injuries, and almost four thousand arrests before order was restored on August 17. Throughout the crisis, public officials advanced the argument that the riot was the work outside agitators; however, an official investigation, prompted by Governor Pat Brown, found that the riot was a result of the Watts community's longstanding grievances and growing discontentment with high unemployment rates, substandard housing, and inadequate schools. Despite the reported findings of the gubernatorial commission, following the riot, city leaders and state officials failed to implement measures to improve the social and economic conditions of African Americans living in the Watts neighborhood.

News_Watts_Riots.jpg

(Crickets)

We have nowhere near the level of violence we had in the 60's.

(Crickets)

We have nowhere near the level of violence we had in the 60's.

Give it time. The flames are rising.

In the interim, amuse yourself in places like Chicago where blacks kill themselves every day without blinking an eye.

Overly simplistic and not true.
Black folks are profiled everywhere. From a kid in a gated community, a young man in a Walmart to an elder professor on his own doorstep. It may not be as pervasive in the burbs but it's still there.
LOL You claim "Overly simplistic and not true" then make an overly simplistic, untrue statement: "Black folks are profiled everywhere".

Obviously there are many places in the US where people aren't profiled based on race just as obviously there are many places where they are. We're not a perfect society, but despite those racists dividing us, most Americans seem content to mind their own business and worry more about their own lives than the lives of others.

There is an incredible cycle of violence and hate. Not just one side has to understand...both sides need to understand. Close your eyes and ignore the color, but listen to the rhetoric.

Is anyone saying "Treat the person in front of you as you would want to be treated?

You don't have to love the other person but give them the respect you would want in return.

I feel you .. but at some point, this shit has got to stop. No differently than during the civil rights era, it had to stop and people had to take a firm and aggressive stand.

Nothing changes without demand .. and African-Americans .. and black police officers, are demanding that officers who shoot innocent people be held accountable.

We have been in this country for over 400 years .. yet only been relatively free for 51 years. It's not difficult to recognize where the problem is.

I agree that people who treat others improperly have to be held accountable! But it goes both ways. If the police shoots someone without cause, he needs to be tried and suffer the consequences!

There have been blacks that were treated improperly and those who did it have suffered the consequences. I personally think that "bad" cops are especially horrible because we depend on them to hear us and take care of us.

But the hate and anger has brought us to the opposite position as well. Five police officers protecting protesters were gunned down.

How many blacks are taking to the streets to call for the death of white police officers?

How many police officers have taken the life of a black without cause?

Look at the statistics. Cops shooting whites and cops shooting blacks. How many were designated without cause?

I found myself getting very angry over the protests that became violent and targeting police while at the same time those same protesters are the first to go to the police for help.

I got too angry and didn't think about all of the good people who follow our laws and do not target white police. Sadly, I became unreasonable, just as the people I was targeting with my rhetoric were unreasonable as well.

We cannot let our emotions get the best of us. Right now, I think like another poster suggested, we look to God for helping all of us understand each other.

In our history, we treated people savagely. We were so wrong on so many levels that it is hard to believe that so many took part in that inhumane behavior. But it did happen. We cannot change that, but learn from it. We have to understand that what we want is what we have to give.

For me to be respected, I must respect others first. My apologies to those who may have been targeted by my careless words.

Do you think we can think of others as PEOPLE first without agendas, but just a heart and conscience with knowledge of right and wrong? Perhaps we can work to that end.
What about white people?

I haven't heard you say jack shit about blacks enslaving white children.

There is an incredible cycle of violence and hate. Not just one side has to understand...both sides need to understand. Close your eyes and ignore the color, but listen to the rhetoric.

Is anyone saying "Treat the person in front of you as you would want to be treated?

You don't have to love the other person but give them the respect you would want in return.

I feel you .. but at some point, this shit has got to stop. No differently than during the civil rights era, it had to stop and people had to take a firm and aggressive stand.

Nothing changes without demand .. and African-Americans .. and black police officers, are demanding that officers who shoot innocent people be held accountable.

We have been in this country for over 400 years .. yet only been relatively free for 51 years. It's not difficult to recognize where the problem is.

Well they are white devils, so don't they deserve it?
I agree that people who treat others improperly have to be held accountable! But it goes both ways. If the police shoots someone without cause, he needs to be tried and suffer the consequences!

There have been blacks that were treated improperly and those who did it have suffered the consequences. I personally think that "bad" cops are especially horrible because we depend on them to hear us and take care of us.

But the hate and anger has brought us to the opposite position as well. Five police officers protecting protesters were gunned down.

How many blacks are taking to the streets to call for the death of white police officers?

How many police officers have taken the life of a black without cause?

Look at the statistics. Cops shooting whites and cops shooting blacks. How many were designated without cause?

I found myself getting very angry over the protests that became violent and targeting police while at the same time those same protesters are the first to go to the police for help.

I got too angry and didn't think about all of the good people who follow our laws and do not target white police. Sadly, I became unreasonable, just as the people I was targeting with my rhetoric were unreasonable as well.

We cannot let our emotions get the best of us. Right now, I think like another poster suggested, we look to God for helping all of us understand each other.

In our history, we treated people savagely. We were so wrong on so many levels that it is hard to believe that so many took part in that inhumane behavior. But it did happen. We cannot change that, but learn from it. We have to understand that what we want is what we have to give.

For me to be respected, I must respect others first. My apologies to those who may have been targeted by my careless words.

Do you think we can think of others as PEOPLE first without agendas, but just a heart and conscience with knowledge of right and wrong? Perhaps we can work to that end.
What about white people?

I haven't heard you say jack shit about blacks enslaving white children.

Well they are white devils, so don't they deserve it?

As a response to your trolling.
Bullshit. I asked a question about facts. You responded with shut the fuck up.

That's not what you did. You jumped into my response to someone else with bullshit that didn't contribute anything without knowing the facts. That's trolling.

Try responding to my post where I explained my position rather than continuing to troll.

Give it time. The flames are rising.

In the interim, amuse yourself in places like Chicago where blacks kill themselves every day without blinking an eye.
Disagreed. Even the Ferguson rioting, burning and looting was lame compared to the 1960s.

"People Were Out of Control": Remembering the 1968 Riots | Washingtonian

1968 Washington, D.C. riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On Friday, April 5, the White House dispatched some 13,600 federal troops, including 1,750 federalized D.C. National Guard troops to assist the overwhelmed District police force.[9] Marines mounted machine guns on the steps of the Capitol and Army troops from the 3rd Infantry guarded the White House. At one point, on April 5, rioting reached within two blocks of the White House before rioters retreated. The occupation of Washington was the largest of any American city since the Civil War....

....The property loss caused by the riot was extensive. One thousand, one hundred and ninety-nine buildings, including 283 housing units and 1590 commercial establishments, were badly damaged or destroyed. Estimates of losses to at least partially insured properties in the concentrated area of looting and destruction were fixed at $25 million. Insurance covered only 29 percent of the total loss suffered by these businesses. As a result of the riot damage, an estimated 2,900 insurance policies were cancelled and 500 businesses suffered inflated insurance rates. The board of trade estimated a loss of $40 million in tourist trade during the months of April and May due to the riots.[23]

By the time the city was considered pacified on Sunday, April 8, twelve had been killed (mostly in burning homes[citation needed]), 1,097 injured, and over 6,100 arrested.

Forum List

Back