When it comes to finding comprise between the left and the right, I think the right has no idea...

They tried reducing taxes to prime the economy, but they weren't able to reduce spending to match, mostly due to their constitutional limits on school funding changes.

I find it comical you declare something a failure after 5 years or so, but I wonder if you would be so critical of the Blue State Model that is currently failing in Illinois, in hot water in California, and about to go south in Connecticut.

They have had decades of "throw more money at it", where are your howls of protest for that?

A lefty cannot comprehend cutting spending , it is simply inconceivable to them.
When you cut corporate welfare and defense spending, give us a ring. Trump isn't doing either.

Cut spending, raise taxes, grow the economy. That's how you get out of the mess and you have to do all three at the very same time. Never going to happen with partisan elections just around the corner.

yeah, but progressives can never cut spending. They just take the new income from the tax increases, and then 2 years later when people and businesses move out, they wonder where the income went, and raise taxes again.

Or they go with the whole "If we don't raise expenditures by 5% as we planned", that's actually a "cut".
Save the dogma, not interested. I'd be more than happy to cut about a trillion for you, starting with weapons the defense department doesn't even want and gifts to oil and gas companies already making billions.

Defense is actually a federal responsibility, and worthy of funding.

And funny you call tax deductions "gifts"

Is your refund a gift? Is your standard deduction a gift?
When I can write shit off because of the tax code, that's a gift. Oil and gas has been getting gifts for 100 years here.

the 1st amendment doesn't say free exercise is only restricted to Church.

and I figured you would have this response, you government dick sucking progressive hack-twat.
The days of No Irish, No Dogs, and No N*ggers are long gone. Deal with it, snowflake.

If the boss says stop preaching about Jesus in the lunchroom, either take it to the street or you soon will be on it.

Who says anything about preventing people from coming into the store? This is about forcing people to enter into contracts for a non-essential, easily obtainable elsewhere service for an event the people do not want to endorse or participate in. In none of these cases did it involve point of sale denial.

Again, progressives talk compromise, but want everything their way.

The compromise is to keep PA protections for point of sale services and goods, but allow non-essential contracted transactions to be denied based on religious objections.
There is no compromise here. Serve one - serve all. People have shit to do. If you can't deal with that then go sweep the floors at your church.

Thank you for showing that the OP's idea of "compromise" is what we have been saying, the left's way or no way.

Fascist.
I'm so sorry that there is no compromise on - witch burning (even though your Holy Book says it's okay).

How is a couple having to spend 20 minutes or so finding another baker equivalent to witch burning?

And it's not MY position they I can't participate in gay wedding. I'm all for it as long as the laws are changed by the State legislatures and not imposed by the Courts.

Unlike you, however, I don't feel the need to ruin people who disagree with me via government punishment.

You know, that whole "freedom" thing you were talking about.

People like you are not for freedom for others, you are for freedom for yourself and those who think like you do.

You're confused, your definition is that of a career politician.
you are on your knees submissive to the Orange thieving mother fucker who just had to repay the victims of a Fake Money grubbing University scam...he is a thief a sexual pervert and a chronic in your face lying piece of shit ...

A lefty cannot comprehend cutting spending , it is simply inconceivable to them.
When you cut corporate welfare and defense spending, give us a ring. Trump isn't doing either.

Cut spending, raise taxes, grow the economy. That's how you get out of the mess and you have to do all three at the very same time. Never going to happen with partisan elections just around the corner.

yeah, but progressives can never cut spending. They just take the new income from the tax increases, and then 2 years later when people and businesses move out, they wonder where the income went, and raise taxes again.

Or they go with the whole "If we don't raise expenditures by 5% as we planned", that's actually a "cut".
Save the dogma, not interested. I'd be more than happy to cut about a trillion for you, starting with weapons the defense department doesn't even want and gifts to oil and gas companies already making billions.

When I can write shit off because of the tax code, that's a gift. Oil and gas has been getting gifts for 100 years here.

No, it isn't. It being a gift implies the government owns your money, and gives back to you out of the goodness of its own heart.

The opposite is true, and what independent people believe.

The days of No Irish, No Dogs, and No N*ggers are long gone. Deal with it, snowflake.

If the boss says stop preaching about Jesus in the lunchroom, either take it to the street or you soon will be on it.

Who says anything about preventing people from coming into the store? This is about forcing people to enter into contracts for a non-essential, easily obtainable elsewhere service for an event the people do not want to endorse or participate in. In none of these cases did it involve point of sale denial.

The compromise is to keep PA protections for point of sale services and goods, but allow non-essential contracted transactions to be denied based on religious objections.
There is no compromise here. Serve one - serve all. People have shit to do. If you can't deal with that then go sweep the floors at your church.

Thank you for showing that the OP's idea of "compromise" is what we have been saying, the left's way or no way.

Fascist.
I'm so sorry that there is no compromise on - witch burning (even though your Holy Book says it's okay).

How is a couple having to spend 20 minutes or so finding another baker equivalent to witch burning?

And it's not MY position they I can't participate in gay wedding. I'm all for it as long as the laws are changed by the State legislatures and not imposed by the Courts.

Unlike you, however, I don't feel the need to ruin people who disagree with me via government punishment.

People like you are not for freedom for others, you are for freedom for yourself and those who think like you do.
The people don't get to vote on the rights of others. If you don't like the PA laws, don't open one. That is the "compromise". Keep your hatred out of the business world. It doesn't belong there.

Evan Bayh weighs in: End the Vicious Cycle | RealClearPolitics

Let’s hear more reconciliation in our political debate. Let’s rethink our propensity to make every disagreement apocalyptic. Let’s resist the temptation to infer the worst motives to our adversaries. In the end, the American values that unite us are much stronger than those tearing us apart. Let’s remember that.

And even amid a horrible tragedy, let’s celebrate and defend the great blessings of American democracy. As Martin Luther King, Jr. once observed: “We may have arrived on these shores in different ships, but we’re all in the same boat now.”

Okay, back to your fighting.

Fascist.

The people don't get to vote on the rights of others. If you don't like the PA laws, don't open one. That is the "compromise". Keep your hatred out of the business world. It doesn't belong there.

That isn't a compromise, its fascism.

And there is no "right" to SSM in the constitution, only in addled minds of crappy Justices.

...how to describe what that looks like.

Sure, the rightwing will claim to care about comprise with the leftwing, but the reality is that they don't even know what that looks like. Republicans in office will declare something and their base will simply adhere to it.

Tell me republicans: what are issues you are willing to compromise with liberals on?

Now i know many of you will say "well fuck you! You lost the election derp, derp, derp!"
The problem with that is that you claim liberals are fascist, yet you are apparently too dense to realize that your own perspective is fascist.

The current political atmosphere has been brought on specifically because Republicans have been backing themselves into a 'no-compromise' corner for the last 15+ years, with conservative media leading the charge.

America was founded on the idea of forced compromise. Separation of powers is forced compromise incarnate. No person, party, entity, or other group is to have total power over the population, that was the very intent of the US Constitution.

Republicans have trashed that idea the last 15 years and declared they were finished compromising. Ignoring the Constitution outright.

No, it isn't. It being a gift implies the government owns your money, and gives back to you out of the goodness of its own heart.

The opposite is true, and what independent people believe.
When the government says, hey, here's a nice big loophole which means you don't have to pay taxes on that while others do, that's a gift. Same as if you are gassing up the car and the bill is - zero dollars. They don't have to hand you a check to hand you a gift.

Let’s hear more reconciliation in our political debate. Let’s rethink our propensity to make every disagreement apocalyptic. Let’s resist the temptation to infer the worst motives to our adversaries. In the end, the American values that unite us are much stronger than those tearing us apart. Let’s remember that.

And even amid a horrible tragedy, let’s celebrate and defend the great blessings of American democracy. As Martin Luther King, Jr. once observed: “We may have arrived on these shores in different ships, but we’re all in the same boat now.”

Rightytighty has admitted that in the case of PA laws, there can be no compromise. How can you compromise when one side won't do it?

After all these years of trying to lump the right with nutters, payback is a bitch isn't it?

What is this pathetic mindset that the righties seems to live in? Payback? lol, are you in grade school?

I would NEVER think to put things I criticize you righties for as a standard for what I do. I don't understand why you would want to.

You are pretty much saying "You liberals are so discusting...so let me take example" lol.

Now as to your claim of me lumping the right with murderous nutters - the claim is pure fabrication, I've never done that or agreed with doing that. These are mentally sick people assigning to whom any particular cohesive ideology is a mistake.

Rightytighty has admitted that in the case of PA laws, there can be no compromise. How can you compromise when one side won't do it?
First, the zealots on each end have to be culturally marginalized.

As long as they are given credibility by their "side", nothing of substance can be accomplished. They are simply too disruptive and too counter-productive.

Fascist.

That isn't a compromise, its fascism.

And there is no "right" to SSM in the constitution, only in addled minds of crappy Justices.
There's no marriage in the Constitution at all. The fact you don't like it that the law is now being applied to gay couples like it was not so long ago to inter-faith and inter-racial couples cannot be helped. We strive for equality before the law here. We don't compromise on that just to appease your petty hatreds.

...how to describe what that looks like.

Sure, the rightwing will claim to care about comprise with the leftwing, but the reality is that they don't even know what that looks like. Republicans in office will declare something and their base will simply adhere to it.

Tell me republicans: what are issues you are willing to compromise with liberals on?

Now i know many of you will say "well fuck you! You lost the election derp, derp, derp!"
The problem with that is that you claim liberals are fascist, yet you are apparently too dense to realize that your own perspective is fascist.

The current political atmosphere has been brought on specifically because Republicans have been backing themselves into a 'no-compromise' corner for the last 15+ years, with conservative media leading the charge.

America was founded on the idea of forced compromise. Separation of powers is forced compromise incarnate. No person, party, entity, or other group is to have total power over the population, that was the very intent of the US Constitution.

Republicans have trashed that idea the last 15 years and declared they were finished compromising. Ignoring the Constitution outright.

Bullshit.

What would happen if Roe got overturned? Most Blue States would feel no impact, only Some Red states would go full ban.

Most places that don't want to participate in SSM related events have said they do not turn away gay people for point of sale items, they just don't want to contract for something related to the ceremony. So as rightydippy has been posting, this is evidently an area for NOT ONE STEP BACK.

Again, where is the compromise?

Oh Great.. you can probably give me a list of major Democratic Party legislation you support..
I assume you meant to say republican.

I think republicans are right that banning certain types of guns does nothing to reduce gun violence. The problem is that republicans are against ANY gun control measures of any kind. The NRA of course makes the GOP their bitch. The Obama regulation that prevented the mentally ill from obtaining guns was cutting into profits. God forbid the industry loses on profit!

Hey billiebitch, you posted that Republicans are against ANY gun control measure of any kind. You are a typical emotionally driven leftwing ding bat, and those are your strong points.

House Republicans pushing gun control bill
Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.) is spearheading gun control legislation that would keep firearms out of the hands of suspected terrorists, but it is unclear whether Republican leadership will give the bill a vote.

The Terrorist Firearms Prevention Act announced Friday will serve as a companion bill to the compromise gun legislation introduced by Susan Collins (R-Maine) in the Senate.

Forum List

Back