When it comes to finding comprise between the left and the right, I think the right has no idea...

After all these years of trying to lump the right with nutters, payback is a bitch isn't it?

What is this pathetic mindset that the righties seems to live in? Payback? lol, are you in grade school?

I would NEVER think to put things I criticize you righties for as a standard for what I do. I don't understand why you would want to.

You are pretty much saying "You liberals are so discusting...so let me take example" lol.

Now as to your claim of me lumping the right with murderous nutters - the claim is pure fabrication, I've never done that or agreed with doing that. These are mentally sick people assigning to whom any particular cohesive ideology is a mistake.

the whole SJW movement is ALL ABOUT payback! That is your current progressive movement.

And my view has always been "your ideas are idiotic" not disgusting, or evil. Progressives are the ones who think people who disagree with them are evil, not me.

And again, you may not have, but guilt by association has long been a progressive tactic. They got it from those moral majority idiots from back in the 80's.

link_wHm8oEFNugH3DCK1coyy013Gd07UGmPX,w300h223.jpg

I guess good advice is lost on some. You keep flailing about liberals embracing payback...while justifying payback. Behavior of a silly person with zero introspect.

I didn't justify payback, I just called it a bitch.

It's the old hoisted on their own petard.

Laws against issuing SSM licenses were not unconstitutional.
Yes, they were, just the same as laws against interracial marriage. Exactly the same and both - unconstitutional. If you can't deal with Federal law trumps state law, I can't help you.

Evan Bayh weighs in: End the Vicious Cycle | RealClearPolitics

Let’s hear more reconciliation in our political debate. Let’s rethink our propensity to make every disagreement apocalyptic. Let’s resist the temptation to infer the worst motives to our adversaries. In the end, the American values that unite us are much stronger than those tearing us apart. Let’s remember that.

And even amid a horrible tragedy, let’s celebrate and defend the great blessings of American democracy. As Martin Luther King, Jr. once observed: “We may have arrived on these shores in different ships, but we’re all in the same boat now.”

Okay, back to your fighting.

Rightytighty has admitted that in the case of PA laws, there can be no compromise. How can you compromise when one side won't do it?
First, the zealots on each end have to be culturally marginalized.

As long as they are given credibility by their "side", nothing of substance can be accomplished. They are simply too disruptive and too counter-productive.

Hillary Clinton smeared half the country, and had the support of the other half.

She is not the fringe, she is the Left's Establishment.

"Comprise"? Do you mean compromise? The day the incoherent and angry and leaderless left acknowledges the fact that they lost the election and Trump is the duly elected President it will be a step towards compromise. As long as the left holds on to it's anger and feeds the left wing minions with hate speech like the NY Central Park play depicting President Trump's murder the left will remain leaderless and damaged and virtually powerless.

And its only a matter of time before you come after churches, your disdain of religion requires it.
Ah, no. Under liberalism religion (all religion) is allowed (within reason of course). But if you turn your church into a political fund and forum, no tax breaks for you.

"Comprise"? Do you mean compromise? The day the incoherent and angry and leaderless left acknowledges the fact that they lost the election and Trump is the duly elected President it will be a step towards compromise. As long as the left holds on to it's anger and feeds the left wing minions with hate speech like the NY Central Park play depicting President Trump's murder the left will remain leaderless and damaged and virtually powerless.
Never my President. GOP rules, Snowflake.

After all these years of trying to lump the right with nutters, payback is a bitch isn't it?

What is this pathetic mindset that the righties seems to live in? Payback? lol, are you in grade school?

I would NEVER think to put things I criticize you righties for as a standard for what I do. I don't understand why you would want to.

You are pretty much saying "You liberals are so discusting...so let me take example" lol.

Now as to your claim of me lumping the right with murderous nutters - the claim is pure fabrication, I've never done that or agreed with doing that. These are mentally sick people assigning to whom any particular cohesive ideology is a mistake.

the whole SJW movement is ALL ABOUT payback! That is your current progressive movement.

And my view has always been "your ideas are idiotic" not disgusting, or evil. Progressives are the ones who think people who disagree with them are evil, not me.

And again, you may not have, but guilt by association has long been a progressive tactic. They got it from those moral majority idiots from back in the 80's.

I guess good advice is lost on some. You keep flailing about liberals embracing payback...while justifying payback. Behavior of a silly person with zero introspect.

Oh ok, so then you don't justify or rejoice in that. You agree with me it that it is wrong to lump either left or right with murderous nutters.

Must've been just my misunderstanding :rolleyes:

...how to describe what that looks like.

Sure, the rightwing will claim to care about comprise with the leftwing, but the reality is that they don't even know what that looks like. Republicans in office will declare something and their base will simply adhere to it.

Tell me republicans: what are issues you are willing to compromise with liberals on?

Now i know many of you will say "well fuck you! You lost the election derp, derp, derp!"
The problem with that is that you claim liberals are fascist, yet you are apparently too dense to realize that your own perspective is fascist.

Our offer is this: nothing.

The current political atmosphere has been brought on specifically because Republicans have been backing themselves into a 'no-compromise' corner for the last 15+ years, with conservative media leading the charge.

America was founded on the idea of forced compromise. Separation of powers is forced compromise incarnate. No person, party, entity, or other group is to have total power over the population, that was the very intent of the US Constitution.

Republicans have trashed that idea the last 15 years and declared they were finished compromising. Ignoring the Constitution outright.

Bullshit.

What would happen if Roe got overturned? Most Blue States would feel no impact, only Some Red states would go full ban.

Most places that don't want to participate in SSM related events have said they do not turn away gay people for point of sale items, they just don't want to contract for something related to the ceremony. So as rightydippy has been posting, this is evidently an area for NOT ONE STEP BACK.

Again, where is the compromise?
When you work out the "compromise" on child rape, give me a call.

Time for you to grow up and realize that you can't always have it - your hateful and bigoted way. Those days are over. Society has moved on.

The fact you need to equate a couple spending 20 minutes finding another baker with Child Rape, an actual crime shows you have no argument, and is quite frankly repulsive.

Most major religions condemn homosexual behavior, evidently many have not moved on, Including 99% of Muslims probably. Lets see you force them to recognize SSM in a Mosque.
Religion is for morons. Some things have no compromise. And no one is forcing churches to marry (or even tolerate) gays or gay weddings. You have no argument that hasn't already died in the US courts. Either move on or move away, your call. This liberal nation is obviously not to your liking.

You are a bigot and probably a narcissist. It's all about "you". Typical progressive.

And this nation may be liberal, but it is not progressive, two different things. Trump was the start of the backlash, expect more, and hope it is made of reasonable people like me, and not some of my less reasonable brethren.

And its only a matter of time before you come after churches, your disdain of religion requires it.

Trump lost the popular vote by 4 million votes. Figure it out, if not for a quirk in our election system he'd be an afterbirth. There is this odd feeling that Trump supporters have that he won by a landslide and the people love him when the exact opposite is true. Trying to get everyone else to accept this used car salesman as president isn't ever going to happen. Sorry. Nobody cares who won by now, all most people know is that Trump has to go, he is not presidential material. Not by a million miles.

It does the same for this woman's Mental Illness ..
Anne Coulter stated: "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building." McVeigh's April 19, 1995, bomb attack destroyed the Alfred P. Murrah federal building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people.

Her "only regret" says GOP Celebrity ANN Coulter....now keep in mind the explosion killed many little toddlers 19 Children Killed in a Nursery Day Care at the Federal Building ...she has no regrets for their deaths

You can't compromise with the left, they are lying backstabbing assholes who break the deal at the first opportunity. The left must be defeated not compromised with.

Laws against issuing SSM licenses were not unconstitutional.
Yes, they were, just the same as laws against interracial marriage. Exactly the same and both - unconstitutional. If you can't deal with Federal law trumps state law, I can't help you.

What federal laws address SSM or even interracial marriage?

There is a difference between the two, and this is of precedent and history. History is full of marriages between races,tribes, clans etc. The bans in this case were reactionary.

SSM on the other hand is an entirely new concept, one without any history or precedent. Thus such a radical change has to be handled via the most direct constitutional method, which is State legislatures.

Ah, no. Under liberalism religion (all religion) is allowed (within reason of course). But if you turn your church into a political fund and forum, no tax breaks for you.

Where does the 1st amendment state you only get religion and tax breaks if you "shut up"?

The tax thing is a johnson era rule, something Trump is looking to get rid of, and rightly so.

And no, "within reason" is not the standard to be used for a right. The government has to have the compelling reason to ban a religious view or practice, and has to not only prove it, but rectify it using the least intrusive method possible.

Oh ok, so then you don't justify or rejoice in that. You agree with me it that it is wrong to lump either left or right with murderous nutters.

Must've been just my misunderstanding :rolleyes:

Of course it's idiotic. What isn't idiotic is saying rhetoric can lead to things like this happening. No reason to ban speech or anything like that, all that can be done is point it out and hope people get their heads out of their asses before it gets worse.

Where does the 1st amendment state you only get religion and tax breaks if you "shut up"?

The tax thing is a johnson era rule, something Trump is looking to get rid of, and rightly so.

And no, "within reason" is not the standard to be used for a right. The government has to have the compelling reason to ban a religious view or practice, and has to not only prove it, but rectify it using the least intrusive method possible.
Rights have limitations. Stop beating dead horses.

Bullshit.

What would happen if Roe got overturned? Most Blue States would feel no impact, only Some Red states would go full ban.

Most places that don't want to participate in SSM related events have said they do not turn away gay people for point of sale items, they just don't want to contract for something related to the ceremony. So as rightydippy has been posting, this is evidently an area for NOT ONE STEP BACK.

Again, where is the compromise?
When you work out the "compromise" on child rape, give me a call.

Time for you to grow up and realize that you can't always have it - your hateful and bigoted way. Those days are over. Society has moved on.

The fact you need to equate a couple spending 20 minutes finding another baker with Child Rape, an actual crime shows you have no argument, and is quite frankly repulsive.

Most major religions condemn homosexual behavior, evidently many have not moved on, Including 99% of Muslims probably. Lets see you force them to recognize SSM in a Mosque.
Religion is for morons. Some things have no compromise. And no one is forcing churches to marry (or even tolerate) gays or gay weddings. You have no argument that hasn't already died in the US courts. Either move on or move away, your call. This liberal nation is obviously not to your liking.

You are a bigot and probably a narcissist. It's all about "you". Typical progressive.

And this nation may be liberal, but it is not progressive, two different things. Trump was the start of the backlash, expect more, and hope it is made of reasonable people like me, and not some of my less reasonable brethren.

Trump lost the popular vote by 4 million votes. Figure it out, if not for a quirk in our election system he'd be an afterbirth. There is this odd feeling that Trump supporters have that he won by a landslide and the people love him when the exact opposite is true. Trying to get everyone else to accept this used car salesman as president isn't ever going to happen. Sorry. Nobody cares who won by now, all most people know is that Trump has to go, he is not presidential material. Not by a million miles.

He won the election. All Hillary had was more hits compared to Trump's more runs.

We accepted Obama as President even though he was a wussy half assed progressive idiot. Accepting does not mean agreeing.

And Trump gets to go, if you can vote him out, in January 2021.

Rights have limitations. Stop beating dead horses.

yes, but again, the limits must be due to a compelling government interest, and any limit must be as minimal and unintrusive as possible.

A 400k fine for not baking a cake over butthurt has no compelling government interest, and is not the most minimal method possible of resolution.

The left constantly demonize the right, mock us, blame us, stab us in the back. Why the hell would we compromise with them on anything? I hate liberals. I wasn't born hating liberals I learned to hate them. They hate me and I hate them back 10x, libs are nothing but a bunch of gutless punks.

Forum List

Back