🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Why Do People Think That Jesus Was Married and Had Children With Mary Magdalene?

I don't see anything about this in the Bible.

That's just sick. Someone whom the devil took to a high place and promised everything in the world, if He would just bow down to him, would never do something like that.

What the hell is wrong with people?

If the "magic book" did not say it then it can't be true.....Did you cross-reference the koran?

Islam didn't even exist until 800 years after the death of Christ. Their "prophet" Muhammad never healed any sick people, never raised the dead, and never performed any miracles. And he died. As did Buddha, Krishna, and every other religious leader.

I don't see anything about this in the Bible.
People who think Jesus was married with children haven't read the Bible.

The Bible doesn't say anything one way or the other.

But in the time and culture in which Jesus lived, it would have been very unusual for a man to not be married. If he did remain unmarried, that would have been unusual enough that you'd think someone would have mentioned it.

There is no direct mention of any of his Apostles being married, either, but we know that Peter was married, because there's coverage of an event involving his mother-in-law.

Something very circumstantial that has occurred to me is this: In Jesus' time, a boy was considered a man at thirteen years of age. At that age or not much past it, he'd be expected to marry.

Jesus started his ministry at the age of thirty. Why did he wait so long? And why, shortly before that, was it his responsibility to provide wine for a wedding? Whose wedding was it?

My guess is that it was the wedding of his youngest child, and that having finished raising his children, he was now free enough of his family obligations to devote himself to his ministry.

The site that hosted the article below is long-gone, but thanks to ARCHIVE.ORG, it has been preserved…

But in the time and culture in which Jesus lived, it would have been very unusual for a man to not be married. If he did remain unmarried, that would have been unusual enough that you'd think someone would have mentioned it.

There is no direct mention of any of his Apostles being married, either, but we know that Peter was married, because there's coverage of an event involving his mother-in-law.

Something very circumstantial that has occurred to me is this: In Jesus' time, a boy was considered a man at thirteen years of age. At that age or not much past it, he'd be expected to marry.

Jesus started his ministry at the age of thirty. Why did he wait so long? And why, shortly before that, was it his responsibility to provide wine for a wedding? Whose wedding was it?

My guess is that it was the wedding of his youngest child, and that having finished raising his children, he was now free enough of his family obligations to devote himself to his ministry.

The site that hosted the article below is long-gone, but thanks to ARCHIVE.ORG, it has been preserved…

Yes. We know Peter was married because he had a mother in law. She is mentioned in Scripture. As for Jesus and the other Apostles being married there is no mention. Guessing that they were married because most people get married doesn't make it so.

1. Jesus is the Father of all creation so marrying for Him would be really unusual and cause incest issues.
2. Jesus didn't come to earth to find a wife and have a family, He was much too busy with His ministry (even if it started later on in His life) and His sacrifice on the cross for our sins.

Yes. We know Peter was married because he had a mother in law. She is mentioned in Scripture. As for Jesus and the other Apostles being married there is no mention. Guessing that they were married because most people get married doesn't make it so.

And I don't think it was ever a sin to decide to remain unmarried. It's only a sin to have sex without marriage but sex isn't necessary either if you're not even interested in being in a romantic relationship.

St. Paul wasn't married, either.

Yeah because I don't think that saints are even allowed to be married and nuns certainly aren't. It doesn't tie-in with their religious beliefs.

Yeah because I don't think that saints are even allowed to be married and nuns certainly aren't. It doesn't tie-in with their religious beliefs.
Paul was quite alright with the saints marrying.

Priests and Bishops and Cardinals and Popes aren't married either. It's almost like a pattern!

Some Saints were married. Examples- King Louis, St. Monica...

Priests and Bishops and Cardinals and Popes aren't married either. It's almost like a pattern!

Some Saints were married. Examples- King Louis, St. Monica...

That begs the question (although a bit off topic) why Jesus isn't considered a saint. He's even more saintly than all of the other saints.

That begs the question (although a bit off topic) why Jesus isn't considered a saint. He's even more saintly than all of the other saints.
Maybe saints have to be human. Jesus is God and man. As the Son of God the perfection of sainthood was a given?

Maybe saints have to be human. Jesus is God and man.

That's considered human. Jesus wasn't a dog or a chimpanzee, He was a human with the spirit of God inside of Him.

Every follower of Jesus Christ is a saint. He could he a follower of himself.

And I don't think it was ever a sin to decide to remain unmarried. It's only a sin to have sex without marriage but sex isn't necessary either if you're not even interested in being in a romantic relationship.
Jesus hung out with whores~

Forum List

Back