Why do Republicans perceive every tax as "punishing" something?

Absolutely, they do.

All parties do what they think is best for the people who vote for them.

The strange thing is that GOP policies largely serves as bloated elite of investment bankers, lawyers and insurance brokers - while somehow tricking the middle classes into thinking they will be better off.

Yeah, paying 50% of my income to the government is great for me! Why wouldn't anyone want to turn over half of everything they make? Democrats are great!

You hate the Republican Party as well.

You have repeatedly stated you hate democracy.

True, Fakey. One reason is that you claim to be a Republican. Which just goes to show that the Republican party has its own population of morons.

The problem with democracy is that it means rule by the dumbest 51% of the population.

MS. Saigon, or.........., MS. HANOI is much more fitting, i am awaiting your reply.., in the mean time, please explain this:
I think the system we have is much fairer, and delivers better results.
have you been living in a dark and dank cave and only come out to your mothers basement to post more lies and obfuscations ?? please read the following,
Congress has convened five hearings. Top Internal Revenue Service officials have been hauled to the Hill to testify -- and in some cases, ousted from their jobs. And lawmakers have requested reams of documents from the federal tax agency.

But more than three weeks after the controversy over the IRS' targeting of tea party groups first erupted, there are still many unanswered questions.
so maybe you MS. Hanoi can answer these questions as you belie........., ooops FEEEEEEEEL the system we have is much fairer, :laugh2:
Please, post examples of Saigon's lies.

lol, when you work and most of it goes in taxes for the government to take care of you, that is freedom?
loyal subjects

Yes, of course it is - because the services we have are cheaper per capita and of better quality than yours are.

Really? For example?

BTW, you admitted you pay a 24% VAT tax. You also pay an income tax and countless other taxes, so what is your total tax bite?

Here's why: progressives have promoted taxes on tobacco and alcohol (among other things) to DISCOURAGE usage.

So, what is a logical person supposed to think when they want to raise taxes on EARNING AN INCOME and SAVING & INVESTING?

Taxes discourage behavior. Subsidies reward behavior. Our tax code has "transformed" from a simple revenue generation system to a political incentive system in which Enemies Are Punished and Friends Are Rewarded...all under the guise of social engineering for our own good.

Yes, of course it is - because the services we have are cheaper per capita and of better quality than yours are.

You guys make people wait in line for their care. How is that "better quality"?

Because it delivers better measureable outcomes than the US system does.

Maximum waiting times here are generally short, and services very high quality. (If I remember rightly, the maximum wait times are 30 days for treatment and 90 days for surgery.)

It is not a perfect system by any means, but it is generally positive. Most people are satisfied with it.

I waited one week to have surgery on my arms. Most of that time was waiting for an appointment with my orthopedist. When I ruptured my Achilles tendon, the doctor wanted to schedule me for surgery the same day.

The most striking of all Finnish health problems was the high average mortality rate for males once they reached adulthood, which contributed to an average longevity in the mid-1980s of only 70.1 years compared with 73.6 years for Swedish males. In the second half of the 1970s, Finnish males over the age of twenty were one-third more likely to die by their sixty-fifth birthday than their Swedish neighbors. Cardiovascular diseases struck Finnish men twice as often as Swedish men. The three other chief causes of death were respiratory illnesses at twice the Swedish rate, lung cancer at three times the Swedish rate, and accidental or violent death at a frequency 50 percent higher than the Swedish figure. Health authorities have attributed the high mortality rates of the Finnish male to diet, excessive use of tobacco and alcohol, disruption of communities through migration, and a tradition of high-risk behavior that is particularly marked in working-class men in eastern Finland.

The 1970's? Really?

Yes we have health problems here - high rates of diabetes and alcoholism, but even so....the 1970's??!!

America's health problems are all related to lifestyle choices: diet, smoking and exercise. So where do you get off claiming Finland has better outcomes?

we need a thread that ask, why do Democrats have no other ideas and see raising taxes ON THE people as the FIX to everything?

and why the Democrat sheep who walks in lockstep with the party go alone with this?

Last edited:
Oh my, but we outrank you in GDP, and Military power. We don't have Muslims running around here trying to decapitate our soldiers either. We outrank you in freedom.

Next!

No....you certainly outrank us in military power, GDP and a few other things - but definitely not in freedom.

We have greater economic mobility, and much, much, much more political choice. I call that a freedom.

"Political choice" is when the slaves get to choose a new overseer. It's not freedom. The later means being able to do what you want without getting permission from the government. Finland is ranked 16 in the Heritage index of economic Freedom. The USA is ranked 10. The USA used to be ranked 4 before Obama got in office.

Did you see the IRS version of "star trek"? That was an example of taxpayer punishment.

I waited one week to have surgery on my arms. Most of that time was waiting for an appointment with my orthopedist. When I ruptured my Achilles tendon, the doctor wanted to schedule me for surgery the same day.

And how much do you spend on medical insurance in a year?

And how much do you spend on medical insurance in a year?

Less than $100/month comes out of my paycheck. My employer pays the rest. I don't know how much they pay. I had to pay $2600 in deductibles this year as well. Normally I have no medical issues other than my diabetes medication which costs me something like $10/month, so my deductible is normally close to zero. However, this year I broke both my forearms and I've had over $40,000 in medical bills as a result. The insurance company paid for everything aside from the $2600 deductible.

The most striking of all Finnish health problems was the high average mortality rate for males once they reached adulthood, which contributed to an average longevity in the mid-1980s of only 70.1 years compared with 73.6 years for Swedish males. In the second half of the 1970s, Finnish males over the age of twenty were one-third more likely to die by their sixty-fifth birthday than their Swedish neighbors. Cardiovascular diseases struck Finnish men twice as often as Swedish men. The three other chief causes of death were respiratory illnesses at twice the Swedish rate, lung cancer at three times the Swedish rate, and accidental or violent death at a frequency 50 percent higher than the Swedish figure. Health authorities have attributed the high mortality rates of the Finnish male to diet, excessive use of tobacco and alcohol, disruption of communities through migration, and a tradition of high-risk behavior that is particularly marked in working-class men in eastern Finland.

The 1970's? Really?

Yes we have health problems here - high rates of diabetes and alcoholism, but even so....the 1970's??!!

America's health problems are all related to lifestyle choices: diet, smoking and exercise. So where do you get off claiming Finland has better outcomes?
That is something so many people fail to take into consideration when they talk about the health of people on a national scale.

Probably the largest contributor to poor health is obesity, it leads to so many health issues. Many that result in a lower life expectancy.
USA Obesity rate 30.6%
Finland Obesity rate 12.8%
proof
It's not that Finland's healthcare system is so great, it's more likely because they don't have so many fat-asses in their country.
Bur then, with a 24% VAT who can afford enough food to get fat?

Even THE FED realizes that taxes are drag on economic activity:

Looking ahead, however, the Fed does see fiscal policy slowing growth, but not, as liberals would have you believe, due to spending cuts:

"Surprisingly, despite all the attention federal spending cuts and sequestration have received, our calculations suggest they are not the main contributors to this projected drag. The excess fiscal drag on the horizon comes almost entirely from rising taxes. Specifically, we calculate that nine-tenths of that projected 1 percentage point excess fiscal drag comes from tax revenue rising faster than normal as a share of the economy."

Fed study: Tax hikes, not spending cuts, are slowing the recovery | WashingtonExaminer.com

The 1970's? Really?

That is something so many people fail to take into consideration when they talk about the health of people on a national scale.

Probably the largest contributor to poor health is obesity, it leads to so many health issues. Many that result in a lower life expectancy.
USA Obesity rate 30.6%
proof
It's not that Finland's healthcare system is so great, it's more likely because they don't have so many fat-asses in their country.

The biggest problem in Finland is alcoholism. They drink themselves to death. Americans eat themselves to death with government subsidized junk food.

You guys make people wait in line for their care. How is that "better quality"?

Because it delivers better measureable outcomes than the US system does.

Maximum waiting times here are generally short, and services very high quality. (If I remember rightly, the maximum wait times are 30 days for treatment and 90 days for surgery.)

It is not a perfect system by any means, but it is generally positive. Most people are satisfied with it.

where in the world have you heard we have huge wait times? Most doctors can be seen within days and surgery within a week. Ture emergencies? Immediately

Last edited:
The 1970's? Really?

USA Obesity rate 30.6%
proof

This is a key point that is never brought up, especially by those who want complete government control.

Just another major problem that has our cultural decay in its DNA.

where in the world have you heard we have huge wait times? Most doctors can be seen within days and surgery within a week. Ture emergencies? Immediately

Yes, that is the same here.

The delays are for non-essential things.

Less than $100/month comes out of my paycheck. My employer pays the rest. I don't know how much they pay. I had to pay $2600 in deductibles this year as well. Normally I have no medical issues other than my diabetes medication which costs me something like $10/month, so my deductible is normally close to zero. However, this year I broke both my forearms and I've had over $40,000 in medical bills as a result. The insurance company paid for everything aside from the $2600 deductible.

I think you've made my case admirably.

Sorry to hear about the arms, btw.

Forum List

Back