Why do the people who voted for Hillary want to pay more taxes?

Nope, I am claiming the man you voted for and worship wants to spend even more than the guy that came before him
your entitled to your opinion. as we are to ours.

Your entitled to your opinion when that opinion is based on truth, honesty and a basic sense of human morality.

Otherwise your opinion is worthless.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, irregardelss of anything else. What anyone else does with that opinion is up to the individual

People may hold whatever opinions they want, but that doesn't change the fact that if those opinions are not based on truth, honesty and good will, those opinions are worthless. Those people are just blowing hot air and should be ignored.

I hold the opinion that pineapple on pizza is amazing, my wife holds the opinion that it is gross. Which one of our opinions is based upon truth, honesty and good will?

First, if you and your wife are arguing about Pineapple on Piazza, most probably one or both of you lacks 'good will'.

Second, since your tastebuds are different and the chemical reactions are different you could both be truthful and honest, but more than likely one is just picking a fight with the other. So that person's opinion would be bogus.

You do know that the U.S. government is the source of your money, right?

Er...um.....You do know that the Federal Reserve System is the source of your currency, right?

… .and that it's private banking cartel and that money is only a medium of value exchange (i.e. a tool) that is only worth something if can be exchanged for something of actual value.

The U.S. Treasury prints the money, not the federal reserve. The secretary of the Treasury's signature is what validates it.

Nice try though....

It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of facts. Was the budget Trump submitted larger or smaller than the budget the year before?
sure, and he brought in more revenue with the tax cuts. so?

To quote you...you can't collect enough money. the economists already stated such. spending cuts is all that will decrease the deficit. and all that is needed is five percent across the board to achieve.

Not to mention that tax cuts do not bring in more revenue. That is just a lie that your party masters tell you to keep you happy and dumb
well that is correct! You claimed he spent more. I then stated he brought in more revenue to pay for the increases. that's as far as the conversation went. spending cuts will be necessary to cut the deficit.

I'm trying to find the post that documented since the tax cuts were applied the revenues went down

Revenue rarely goes down after a tax cut, what does go down is the rate at which it was increasing. The 5 years prior to the first Reagan tax cut revenue was increasing at 13% per year, the 5 years after it increased at a rate of 6% per year.

It is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of facts. Was the budget Trump submitted larger or smaller than the budget the year before?

To quote you...you can't collect enough money. the economists already stated such. spending cuts is all that will decrease the deficit. and all that is needed is five percent across the board to achieve.

Not to mention that tax cuts do not bring in more revenue. That is just a lie that your party masters tell you to keep you happy and dumb
well that is correct! You claimed he spent more. I then stated he brought in more revenue to pay for the increases. that's as far as the conversation went. spending cuts will be necessary to cut the deficit.

He did not bring in even more revenue to pay for the increases, that is why the deficit has gone up almost a trillion dollars this FY, with 4 months to go.

You are repeating talking points that have no basis in fact.
so you say the revenue in April didn't go up? you going with that?

Your entitled to your opinion when that opinion is based on truth, honesty and a basic sense of human morality.

Otherwise your opinion is worthless.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, irregardelss of anything else. What anyone else does with that opinion is up to the individual

People may hold whatever opinions they want, but that doesn't change the fact that if those opinions are not based on truth, honesty and good will, those opinions are worthless. Those people are just blowing hot air and should be ignored.

I hold the opinion that pineapple on pizza is amazing, my wife holds the opinion that it is gross. Which one of our opinions is based upon truth, honesty and good will?

First, if you and your wife are arguing about Pineapple on Piazza, most probably one or both of you lacks 'good will'.

Second, since your tastebuds are different and the chemical reactions are different you could both be truthful and honest, but more than likely one is just picking a fight with the other. So that person's opinion would be bogus.

Pineapple on pizza is one of life's grand debates, it is not to be taken lightly. It is second only to the "over the top" or "under the bottom" TP debate.

Seriously, this is illogical and ignorant. So why do you want to keep less of your money and give more away to the government?

Be specific please

That your money is only worth anything because the U.S. government says so?

Maybe you should take a close look at your money. See who's picture is on it, see who has signed it, see who issued it.

Seriously, if you don't understand the relationship between your money and the U.S. government, the you're not very bright.

Hey, I understand...my dog LOVES Milkbones, she doesn't know what they are or where they comes from, she just knows that she loves them and wants more of them....

I'd like to think that you have a bit more intelligence and awareness than my dog. But maybe not.

No. The US Govt. isn't the source of our money. We are the source of the US Govt. money.

The Fed is its own entity and neither the govt or Congress control the Fed.

I hope the far left runs on repealing the tax cuts.

I wonder if anyone will run on balancing the budget?

Fuck running on it, plenty of miscreants "run" on it , I'm wondering if anybody will have the guts to actually try to do it, after all there's only one thing better than watching a politician get tar & feathered and that's watching a politician commit seppuku.

Define rich, I own a home 3 SUVs 2 cars and a boat, I also have 2 kids in college and no one helps me. Poor democraps consider me rich, and shitheads like you want me to send your Mexican illegals to college...

fuck you

somehow, I doubt you are in the top 20%.

But, um, yeah, it's really in our interest to send that "illegal" to college, as he's not going anywhere and he's going to be a key part of the workforce in the future.

You see, here's the real problem we have. Take out immigration, Americans aren't meeting replacement rates. We have old people living longer and less kids born every year.

So.... if you want to maintain what we have, we have to make sure that the immigrants who are coming in have the job skills and abilities to fill those job positions that will be created.

He did not bring in even more revenue to pay for the increases, that is why the deficit has gone up almost a trillion dollars this FY, with 4 months to go.

You are repeating talking points that have no basis in fact.
so you say the revenue in April didn't go up? you going with that?

Yes, revenue in April went up. Now prove the tax cut was the cause and also prove that it went up at a higher percent than it did last April.

The deficit for this FY is $855,247,480,853.
The deficit for this CY, the year in which the tax cuts took effect is $607,400,950,713

Here is some more facts for you. Between 1 Oct 2017 and 1 Jan 2018, when the tax cuts kicked in we added $2,693,984,023 per day to the deficit.

Since 1 Jan 2018, when the tax cuts kicked in we have added $4,188,972,073 per day to the deficit.

In other words since the tax cuts took effect we have added $ 1,494,988,050 more to the deficit each day than before the tax cuts.

So, please explain how those tax cuts have helped deal with the debt.

Last edited:
Define rich, I own a home 3 SUVs 2 cars and a boat, I also have 2 kids in college and no one helps me. Poor democraps consider me rich, and shitheads like you want me to send your Mexican illegals to college...

fuck you

somehow, I doubt you are in the top 20%.

But, um, yeah, it's really in our interest to send that "illegal" to college, as he's not going anywhere and he's going to be a key part of the workforce in the future.

You see, here's the real problem we have. Take out immigration, Americans aren't meeting replacement rates. We have old people living longer and less kids born every year.

So.... if you want to maintain what we have, we have to make sure that the immigrants who are coming in have the job skills and abilities to fill those job positions that will be created.

Being in the top 20% is not really much of an accomplishment.

Er...um.....You do know that the Federal Reserve System is the source of your currency, right?

… .and that it's private banking cartel and that money is only a medium of value exchange (i.e. a tool) that is only worth something if can be exchanged for something of actual value.

The U.S. Treasury prints the money,
The U.S. Treasury (actually the BEP) prints physical federal reserve notes and mints coins (aka physical currency), the federal reserve controls the money supply, a tiny minority of which consists of physical notes and coins (see the components of M1).

not the federal reserve. The secretary of the Treasury's signature is what validates it.

Nice try though....
Another joker that doesn't understand the difference between currency and money or how the U.S. monetary system works. :rolleyes:

The government isn't the "source" of the peoples money, the people are the source of nearly everything that makes money useful, that is the ACTUAL VALUE that money is a store of

Seriously, this is illogical and ignorant. So why do you want to keep less of your money and give more away to the government?

Be specific please

Maybe you should take a close look at your money. See who's picture is on it, see who has signed it, see who issued it.

Seriously, if you don't understand the relationship between your money and the U.S. government, the you're not very bright.

Hey, I understand...my dog LOVES Milkbones, she doesn't know what they are or where they comes from, she just knows that she loves them and wants more of them....

I'd like to think that you have a bit more intelligence and awareness than my dog. But maybe not.

No. The US Govt. isn't the source of our money. We are the source of the US Govt. money.

If that were true you could print your own money and everyone would value it.

U.S. federal currency get it's value because everyone believes that the U.S. government is the most stable and powerful institution in the world.

It prints the money and you accept it's money. You do not source any currency.

You could say that the source of the U.S. governments justification for existing is the will of the people of the U.S., so very indirectly the money sourced by the U.S. government comes from the People, but the direct source of U.S. currency is the U.S. government.

This is why Putin put Trump in the Presidency. He knows that Trump will destroy the federal government's financial legitimacy. Once that happens 'your money' will become worthless. Putin hopes that the Ruble will replace the dollar as the world currency reserve, and then Russia will be the most powerful nation on earth.

The U.S. Treasury (actually the BEP) prints physical federal reserve notes and mints coins (aka physical currency), the federal reserve controls the money supply, a tiny minority of which consists of physical notes and coins (see the components of M1).

not the federal reserve. The secretary of the Treasury's signature is what validates it.

Nice try though....
Another joker that doesn't understand the difference between currency and money or how the U.S. monetary system works. :rolleyes:

The government isn't the "source" of the peoples money, the people are the source of nearly everything that makes money useful, that is the ACTUAL VALUE that money is a store of

While it's true that a thing is worth what it will get, and the true value of U.S. currency is based on what it can buy, the fact that when people refer to 'my money' they are referring to U.S. currency - issued by the U.S. government.

You're splitting hairs over the abstract concept of 'money' vs. 'currency' is disingenuine. The fact is that without the U.S. government, 'your money' is worthless.

Nice try though....

While it's true that a thing is worth what it will get, and the true value of U.S. currency is based on what it can buy, the fact that when people refer to 'my money' they are referring to U.S. currency - issued by the U.S. government.

You're splitting hairs over the abstract concept of 'money' vs. 'currency' is disingenuine. The fact is that without the U.S. government, 'your money' is worthless.

Be specific please

U.S. federal currency get it's value because everyone believes that the U.S. government is the most stable and powerful institution in the world.

You could say that the source of the U.S. governments justification for existing is the will of the people of the U.S., so very indirectly the money sourced by the U.S. government comes from the People, but the direct source of U.S. currency is the U.S. government.

This is why Putin put Trump in the Presidency. He knows that Trump will destroy the federal government's financial legitimacy. Once that happens 'your money' will become worthless. Putin hopes that the Ruble will replace the dollar as the world currency reserve, and then Russia will be the most powerful nation on earth.

You are right about that. Our money hold value because the Govt. backs our currency.

Wonder how long the Govt. would last with out our money?? Not long I would wager.

Nice try though....

BTW- Please take a dollar out of your pocket and have a close look at it.

Then you can man up and admit you were wrong.

Nice try though....

Be specific please

You are right about that. Our money hold value because the Govt. backs our currency.

Wonder how long the Govt. would last with out our money?? Not long I would wager.

The ugly truth about economics is that the dominant military entity determines the disposition of all wealth and ownership.

The U.S. government is the world most dominant military entity.

So, if push came to shove (and the government transformed to a dictatorship), the government would survive.

The fact is that the U.S. government is not a dictatorship yet and would let itself be destroyed before forcing itself upon it's people.

However, once it was destroyed, whatever became the dominant military power could and most likely would enslave the people and completely control the disposition of wealth and ownership. Then you'd all be calling that government's money 'your money'.

Nice try though....

Be specific please

The ugly truth about economics is that the dominant military entity determines the disposition of all wealth and ownership.

The U.S. government is the world most dominant military entity.

So, if push came to shove (and the government transformed to a dictatorship), the government would survive.

The fact is that the U.S. government is not a dictatorship yet and would let itself be destroyed before forcing itself upon it's people.

However, once it was destroyed, whatever became the dominant military power could and most likely would enslave the people and completely control the disposition of wealth and ownership. Then you'd all be calling that government's money 'your money'.

Well my friend. That's exactly why the FF put the 2nd Amendment in the Constitution.

They feared our enemies and a tyrannical Govt. Oh and I'm sure some military warlord would try to take control but I doubt the majority of the military would go along. They would be busy protecting their families.

Nice hypothetical though and you are one polite poster. Nice to speak with you.

Okay, it's not that we want to pay more taxes. We think the rich should pay their fair share of theirs. But let's leave the argument off to the side.

The alternatives to paying taxes are 1) Not spending on key things we need and 2) borrowing to pay for those things.

Neither of those are preferable options.

Fact is, most of what the government spends, isn't discretionary. We've already cut public spending to the bone, and the fact is, with a retiring population, we still have more obligations than revenues.

As for borrowing, we've been doing that for 30 years, the economy is not going to grow its way out of the deficit.
We can easily cut 90% of what government spends, so that's pure bullshit. Welfare is not "key," and neither is Social Security.
You are a member of the country's smallest and stupidest party LOL...
I'm a Republican, dumbass.

Well at least you have the courage to openly admit it.

There are far too many Republican (and Democrat) dumbasses that stubbornly refuse to concede what they really are.

Personally I think we need a national 12 step program to cure people of the stupidity that's brought on by partisanship.
There are far more Democrats who refuse to admit it.
Republicans don't want to cut the budget 90%. Absolutely idiotic. Try real news.

Nice try though....

No they're referring to the effort they've expended and/or the risk they've incurred that money represents, in other words the VALUE that it stores.

No, I know how the monetary system works and the difference between currency and money, which you clearly do not.

Arguing that the "government is the source of money" because the BEP prints physical notes and mints coins and some yahoo's signature is on it is like arguing that Craftsman is the source of housing because it makes some hammers, it's a ridiculous assertion that one might expect from a typical brainless gub'mint worshiping drone which I suspect that you are not even though you seem to be trying to convince me otherwise.

Do some homework on how our monetary system works and the nature of money and get back to me, then we can have a reason and evidence based discussion.

Be specific please
We want only the rich to pay more, super duper... At the moment, if you count all taxes, they pay the same percentage as the middle class and get all the new wealth. And the middle class and the country Fall Apart. Great job scumbag Mega rich GOP and silly doops like you.
Define rich? To the slobs on welfare forever anyone who has a job is rich...………….

Why should I be paying for Mexicans to go to college
Same as anyone with a brain over $250,000. Blaming the poor is a scumbag move..
But thanks for the racist Outlook...
Tell me, why should I send your poor slob kids to college?
Because you are a patriotic American citizen who wants the best for the country. Not a hateful brainwashed functional moron LOL

Forum List

Back