Why do the people who voted for Hillary want to pay more taxes?

I'm in favor of raising taxes because I want smaller government. We won't get that as long as voters think they won't have to pay for it. We should raise taxes until the budget is balanced and then see how much enthusiasm there is for cutting spending.

Let me make sure I understand you correctly....you honestly believe that if taxes are raised .GOV will pay down the debt with the surplus?

Not as it currently stands. There's no requirement for them to do so. They'll keep promising something for nothing as long as we let them.

How does that make more sense than simply demanding that .GOV immediately start spending less to pay down the debt?

Because most people won't make that demand unless it's costing them money. As long as most voters think they're getting something for nothing, they're fine with big government and won't vote against it.

Not to mention this past election there was only one candidate running on spending less, and his name was not Donald or Hillary.

The voting booth is the only place we can make that demand and we fail 100% of the time to do that

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The tax cut issue is sort of the Republican's version Democrat's minimum wage: a stupid policy that makes the base feel better but does no good in the long run.

The tax cut issue is sort of the Republican's version Democrat's minimum wage: a stupid policy that makes the base feel better but does no good in the long run.
Cutting taxes isn't stupid in the slightest. Considering spending is out of control, that's why people have an issue with cutting taxes because the conclusion is that lower tax rates = less revenue to fuel the spending. While that's not entirely true, it's not without merit.

The biggest problem is that we have two parties that are eager to buy votes with tax money. The more they appear to be "doing" by way of government spending, the more they can tout how much they're doing "for you" in order to get your votes. Both parties ask their voters to view them through the prism of what government is doing for them, not how government is getting out of their way to let them do what they want. That's why actual liberty in our country has been and is dying a slow, agonizing and painful death at the hands of both Republicans and Democrats.

I'm in favor of raising taxes because I want smaller government. We won't get that as long as voters think they won't have to pay for it. We should raise taxes until the budget is balanced and then see how much enthusiasm there is for cutting spending.

Let me make sure I understand you correctly....you honestly believe that if taxes are raised .GOV will pay down the debt with the surplus?

Not as it currently stands. There's no requirement for them to do so. They'll keep promising something for nothing as long as we let them.

How does that make more sense than simply demanding that .GOV immediately start spending less to pay down the debt?

Because most people won't make that demand unless it's costing them money. As long as most voters think they're getting something for nothing, they're fine with big government and won't vote against it.

Not to mention this past election there was only one candidate running on spending less, and his name was not Donald or Hillary.

The voting booth is the only place we can make that demand and we fail 100% of the time to do that

NEWS FLASH FELLAS.
Some filthy unAmerican Black dude blew the debt up to a point where no one believes it can ever be bought down. Like most Americans, government has found comfort in carrying a massive debt load so long as GDP figures align...I hate to say it, but it’s the new thing.
Debt is going nowhere fast...increased tax revenue simply means more .GOV expansion and more spending....PERIOD.

NEWS FLASH FELLAS.
Some filthy unAmerican Black dude blew the debt up to a point where no one believes it can ever be bought down. Like most Americans, government has found comfort in carrying a massive debt load so long as GDP figures align...I hate to say it, but it’s the new thing.
Debt is going nowhere fast...increased tax revenue simply means more .GOV expansion and more spending....PERIOD.

So now the mantra of the faux-cons is that the debt just does not matter so let’s keep spending more and more and cut taxes at the same time to make the debt bigger and bigger.

You are nothing but a fucking free loader living off the backs of future generations. You are the very thing you bitch about on this forum 24/7...

NEWS FLASH FELLAS.

So now the mantra of the faux-cons is that the debt just does not matter so let’s keep spending more and more and cut taxes at the same time to make the debt bigger and bigger.

You are nothing but a fucking free loader living off the backs of future generations. You are the very thing you bitch about on this forum 24/7...

Well dipshit, the money I make from my job isn't yours or anyone elses, so go fuck yourself.
The debt is from spending, so if you're so worried about it, lets take care of the actual issue...entitlements.....what's your plan on those?

NEWS FLASH FELLAS.

Well dipshit, the money I make from my job isn't yours or anyone elses, so go fuck yourself.
The debt is from spending, so if you're so worried about it, lets take care of the actual issue...entitlements.....what's your plan on those?

Well free loader, the close to a trillion dollars we added to the debt so far this FY is my kids and their kids..so you can go fuck yourself a tad deeper.

The plan is to elect people that will actually cut spending and not just move it around...but fucks like you keep electing people that want to spend more and more and more of my kids money

NEWS FLASH FELLAS.

Well free loader, the close to a trillion dollars we added to the debt so far this FY is my kids and their kids..so you can go fuck yourself a tad deeper.

The plan is to elect people that will actually cut spending and not just move it around...but fucks like you keep electing people that want to spend more and more and more of my kids money

well you dont know shit.

my money is my money not the govt money.
so I don't give a fuck about the impact of taxes on the debt...its my fucking money

second, to fix the debt you need to reform entitlements, so what is the plan?

well you dont know shit.

so I don't give a fuck about the impact of taxes on the debt...its my fucking money

I know you are reaping the benefits of a country that is spending more than it brings adn and you do not give a shit if future generations pay for it.

Once again, the plan is to vote for and elect people that will do those things. But as long as people like you keep voting for those who do not care about the debt, things will never change because there are a whole lot more freeloaders out there than there are people who care.

well you dont know shit.

I know you are reaping the benefits of a country that is spending more than it brings adn and you do not give a shit if future generations pay for it.

Once again, the plan is to vote for and elect people that will do those things. But as long as people like you keep voting for those who do not care about the debt, things will never change because there are a whole lot more freeloaders out there than there are people who care.

1) No I don't care, it's my money...the govt needs to get their stuff in order.....not my problem
2)that I a cop out......what DO YOU think we need to do....you need to know that in order to vote for a politician....they don't all agree....so whats the plan?

Believe me that a lot of what is behind this does not believe “your money” is your money and they want it to be law that your money is distributed the way they want

well you dont know shit.

1) No I don't care, it's my money...the govt needs to get their stuff in order.....not my problem
2)that I a cop out......what DO YOU think we need to do....you need to know that in order to vote for a politician....they don't all agree....so whats the plan?

1) I know you do not, that is what makes you a freeloader.

2) two options...

a. An across the board 10% cut to every agency in the Fed Govt to include the DOD and military. 2% per year for 5 years and let the agency choose where to cut. Once that is accomplished more precise cuts till we are bringing in more than we spend and then a moratorium on deficit spending without 3/4 approval of both houses of congress and for a set period of time limited to no more than 1 year.

b. If we cannot cut spending we need to adjust the tax rate for everyone living in the country to cover the cost of what we are spending. Let everyone feel the pain and then see if that does not affect the way they vote the next election.

Believe me that a lot of what is behind this does not believe “your money” is your money and they want it to be law that your money is distributed the way they want

I want to pay for what we spend...why are so many people against the concept?

The biggest problem is that we have two parties that are eager to buy votes with tax money. The more they appear to be "doing" by way of government spending, the more they can tout how much they're doing "for you" in order to get your votes. Both parties ask their voters to view them through the prism of what government is doing for them, not how government is getting out of their way to let them do what they want. That's why actual liberty in our country has been and is dying a slow, agonizing and painful death at the hands of both Republicans and Democrats.

But they wouldn't be able to bribe people if the One Percent weren't constantly thinking of new and inventive ways to cheat the 99% out of the fruits of their labors.

Haha, again, I love that desperate bullshit.
What percentage of filthy fucks begging for .GOV to over tax our best are actually ever affected by national debt?
Trust me, regardless of debt...ShaQuita, Guadalupe and their litters of money trees will keep getting their free shit. We won’t let out pet humans die in the streets.

Most welfare goes to white people.

And there's more corporate welfare than poverty welfare.

View attachment 195742

LOL,c'mon Joe, break it down by percentage of population. You one disingenuous liar.

Seriously, this is illogical and ignorant. So why do you want to keep less of your money and give more away to the government?

Be specific please

Not really,

We want a good safetynet, education for the children, libraries, good infrastructure and Police.

You that don't like paying taxes want a failed state.
who ever said that we don't like paying taxes. we pay taxes for what we need. not a charity. you wish to spend more to charity, you are allowed to. I want nice roads, I want a military. Police, and fire departments. I'm done with government after that.

Seriously, this is illogical and ignorant. So why do you want to keep less of your money and give more away to the government?

Be specific please
Somebody's gotta pay for that huge budget you guys just passed. If you don't want it to be your grandkids it's time to step up.
I paid for all the budgets, they are swamp creatures. we know this. we are witnessing it. government is only roads, security, millitary. Welfare is not government. never has been. stop making like it is. It is charity and taxes are not charity. the left ruined charity to the poor. their blatant hate of christians is why.

LOL,c'mon Joe, break it down by percentage of population. You one disingenuous liar.

I'm sure that a much lower percentage of the population benefits from Corporate Welfare than Social Welfare.

Be specific please

Okay, it's not that we want to pay more taxes. We think the rich should pay their fair share of theirs. But let's leave the argument off to the side.

The alternatives to paying taxes are 1) Not spending on key things we need and 2) borrowing to pay for those things.

Neither of those are preferable options.

Fact is, most of what the government spends, isn't discretionary. We've already cut public spending to the bone, and the fact is, with a retiring population, we still have more obligations than revenues.

As for borrowing, we've been doing that for 30 years, the economy is not going to grow its way out of the deficit.
Define rich, I own a home 3 SUVs 2 cars and a boat, I also have 2 kids in college and no one helps me. Poor democraps consider me rich, and shitheads like you want me to send your Mexican illegals to college...

fuck you

Forum List

Back