Why should a hamburger flipper make the same as a highly skilled worker???

How utterly stupid you are and it shows. You a worker! LOL try another lie.

And with most of the replies about the middle class and the working force in this country. One can tell that the right wingers hate them to the Nth degree.

Highly skilled workers should be making $30 - $40 an hour.

From Matt Walsh Blog on the Blaze....
I've excerpted a few paragraphs but there is so much more that the entire blog should be read!

Dear fast food workers,

It’s come to my attention that many of you, supposedly in 230 cities across the country, are walking out of your jobs today and protesting for $15 an hour. You earnestly believe — indeed, you’ve been led to this conclusion by pandering politicians and liberal pundits who possess neither the slightest grasp of the basic rules of economics nor even the faintest hint of integrity — that your entry level gig pushing buttons on a cash register at Taco Bell ought to earn you double the current federal minimum wage.

I’m aware, of course, that not all of you feel this way. Many of you might consider your position as Whopper Assembler to be rather a temporary situation, not a career path, and you plan on moving on and up not by holding a poster board with “Give me more money!” scrawled across it, but by working hard and being reliable. To be clear, I am not addressing the folks in this latter camp. They are doing what needs to be done, and I respect that.

Instead, I want to talk to those of you who actually consider yourselves entitled to close to a $29 thousand a year full time salary for doing a job that requires no skill, no expertise, and no education;
those who think a fry cook ought to earn an entry level income similar to a dental assistant;
those who insist the guy putting the lettuce on my Big Mac ought to make more than the Emergency Medical Technician who saves lives for a living; those who believe you should automatically be able to “live comfortably,” as if “comfort” is a human right.

To those in this category, I have a few things I need to say, for your own sake:

First, let me start with a story. It’s anecdotal, obviously, but then this whole #FightFor15 “movement” is based entirely on anecdotes.

I submit mine: I’m 28 years old now. I started working when I was about 15. I did hourly, customer service-type stuff at grocery stores, snowball stands, and pizza places, never making much more than the bare minimum at any of them.

When I was 20 I moved out of the house and got my first job in radio. Starting out as a rock DJ in Delaware, I made $17,000 a year, or about $8 an hour. I lived off of that, earning a few small raises through the years — having to eat fewer meals, buy fewer things, and, God forbid, even forgo cable and internet access in my apartment — right up to when I got married at 25.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com
Yes, if it wasn't for a couple of recessions....I made ten and hour cash in the early eighties as a brick layer....

Jackass, most of us are in the middle class and are part of the labor force because we aren't Leftists sitting around and watching Judge Judy on welfare like you Leftwats.

CEO's? They don't do shit, they make millions sitting around all day

They real workers who deserve millions are the dumb fucks that need 4 of them to figure out how to change a light bulb

Now we are talking..... A cushy CEO job. That's what I need to get me one of those where I can sit around making millions without accountability. Where is a CEO job without accountability?

Sales are down - CEO
Lost market share - CEO
Lawsuit - CEO
Failed expansion or company venture - CEO
STOCK PRICE DOWN - CEO

You forgot to add that when CEOs get fired, their contracts have "golden parachute" clauses so they can run a company into the ground and still get paid millions when they're fired for incompetence.

To live the "American Dream" now costs a family of 4 $120K per year. Easy for CEOs but for the average worker, impossible.

Any economy that doesn't provide decent wages across the work spectrum, can't survive. The U.S. Is already there. The decline has begun.

Conservatives are like the farmer who killed the goose to get all of the golden eggs. American workers can no longer afford the products they used to make even though they're cheaper now that they're made in China.

And with most of the replies about the middle class and the working force in this country. One can tell that the right wingers hate them to the Nth degree.

I've excerpted a few paragraphs but there is so much more that the entire blog should be read!

Dear fast food workers,

It’s come to my attention that many of you, supposedly in 230 cities across the country, are walking out of your jobs today and protesting for $15 an hour. You earnestly believe — indeed, you’ve been led to this conclusion by pandering politicians and liberal pundits who possess neither the slightest grasp of the basic rules of economics nor even the faintest hint of integrity — that your entry level gig pushing buttons on a cash register at Taco Bell ought to earn you double the current federal minimum wage.

I’m aware, of course, that not all of you feel this way. Many of you might consider your position as Whopper Assembler to be rather a temporary situation, not a career path, and you plan on moving on and up not by holding a poster board with “Give me more money!” scrawled across it, but by working hard and being reliable. To be clear, I am not addressing the folks in this latter camp. They are doing what needs to be done, and I respect that.

Instead, I want to talk to those of you who actually consider yourselves entitled to close to a $29 thousand a year full time salary for doing a job that requires no skill, no expertise, and no education;
those who think a fry cook ought to earn an entry level income similar to a dental assistant;
those who insist the guy putting the lettuce on my Big Mac ought to make more than the Emergency Medical Technician who saves lives for a living; those who believe you should automatically be able to “live comfortably,” as if “comfort” is a human right.

To those in this category, I have a few things I need to say, for your own sake:

First, let me start with a story. It’s anecdotal, obviously, but then this whole #FightFor15 “movement” is based entirely on anecdotes.

I submit mine: I’m 28 years old now. I started working when I was about 15. I did hourly, customer service-type stuff at grocery stores, snowball stands, and pizza places, never making much more than the bare minimum at any of them.

When I was 20 I moved out of the house and got my first job in radio. Starting out as a rock DJ in Delaware, I made $17,000 a year, or about $8 an hour. I lived off of that, earning a few small raises through the years — having to eat fewer meals, buy fewer things, and, God forbid, even forgo cable and internet access in my apartment — right up to when I got married at 25.

Fast Food Workers You Don t Deserve 15 an Hour to Flip Burgers and That s OK TheBlaze.com
Yes, if it wasn't for a couple of recessions....I made ten and hour cash in the early eighties as a brick layer....

Jackass, most of us are in the middle class and are part of the labor force because we aren't Leftists sitting around and watching Judge Judy on welfare like you Leftwats.
Judy Jewdy, yeah, she's like my Dad....

A family of 4 can still get food stamps even at $15 an hour. As for Medicaid didn't they just get an Obamacare gift?
A person making $20/hour still cannot pay all the mortgage, insurance, transporation, food, medical, schooling, sundries etc. that are basic necessities month by month. Once a year tax breaks for people aren't going to patch together the rest of the year.

It's slavery. We should just call it what it is. They tell you that you can get ahead with college. But the facts are that there aren't enough jobs out there for everyone to justify going into debt for the rest of their adult life until they die of a stress-related illness of being overworked and underpaid...struggling to afford escalating health costs as their pitiful bodies finally and predictably give out.

It's a sham, a mirage, a false-reality. The American dream died the same time we started importing stuff from China and exporting our jobs there. (where our good capitalists know that their socialized medicine makes it possible for their low wages) Give it up. Don't go to college. Just resign yourself to flipping burgers at McDonalds and dying early and in debt, leaving your kids nothing but a gutted American economy to fight over the scraps of. Hope there are enough police around in about 10-20 years.

I'm not being a nihilist here. This is actually an optimistic prognosis.

The other day I was in a position to watch some police chase down a suspect wanted on multiple felonies, mostly stealing. As I watched from a close vantage point, they finally caught the guy, with the help of a passer by. The cop who caught him was obviously tired, out of shape, struggling. He had an OK haircut, his equipment was a bit rough but clean at least and functional. He was doubled over starting to puke. The exercion made him sick to his stomach. Just another stressful day in a sea of them. I predict he won't live past his late 40s or early 50s. Maybe it was a bad tooth making him sick? Or a poor diet from buying bargain shit at the grocery just to make ends meet on his cop salary?

You'd better hope he's not the thin blue line in your neighborhood as this situation gets worse.

You can thank the Democrats for the high cost of college AND the lack of jobs. Hint their high taxes, open hostility towards corporations, and increasingly insane regulations are chasing both jobs and investment out of the US. Its simple really, stop electing these lying lowlife scum.

So the difference between an American worker making $25 an hour and his Chinese counterpart making (if he's lucky) $2.00 an hour is all taxes and regulations?

That sounds like a right wing, cheap labor conservatard bullshit excuse.

Sure, if you know nothing at all about running a business, liberal government regulations, and taxes I'm sure that would make sense to you. /sarcasm Stick your head in the sand for all I care I gave up on you libs long ago you people are insane.

If someone is comparing the wages of a hamburger flipper and a skilled worker, it's obvious the skilled worker isn't getting paid enough. Paying skilled workers a fair wage has been a problem in America for over three decades. This is reflected in the demises of the American Middle Class. The Middle Classes in other countries have either passed by or on the verge of passing the US Middle Class's income levels because they are seeing real wage growth, unlike what's happening in the US.

Illegal immigration isn't helping either. Contrary to popular opinion, they're not just doing jobs that Americans don't want to do.
Nope I lost more to illegals during 2000-2010 than any time of 1986-1999...Lost builders I had worked for for decades, over prices, the quality sucked and after the crash the builders lost their asses due to warranty issue and fraud...

That's my point. When you're competing against people willing to work for tacos, the median wage goes down. Construction, framers, carpenters, etc used to be paid very well for what they do, but now they're competing against Jorje Salazar who is making $10/hr after sneaking across the border.

Why do you hate rich people, is it envy? Jealousy? Or do you hate them simply because you were told to hate them and you obeyed mindlessly? I suspect you know very little about "rich" people, the amount they give to charity, the things the support. Its sad to see so many buying into the acidic rhetoric the left uses to get votes.
I don't recall saying I hate rich people.

My grandfather was one of the best off people in his town financially. Want to know what he did with all his money? He fed people knocking on his door during the Great Depression. He did charity work and gave at church. He lived frugally so his two kids could not have to struggle so hard. He was a rich guy, the best of them.

Dude your post was dripping with hatred.

They pretend they are but their right buddies run their lives in every fashion while the real workers stick up for themselves and try to get a wage to cope with the cost of rising prices.
Not to lick the boots of those that can exploit them.
It is called having integrity.

Dear fast food workers,

Yeah, they are so into it on this thread...

They real workers who deserve millions are the dumb fucks that need 4 of them to figure out how to change a light bulb

Now we are talking..... A cushy CEO job. That's what I need to get me one of those where I can sit around making millions without accountability. Where is a CEO job without accountability?

Sales are down - CEO
Lost market share - CEO
Lawsuit - CEO
Failed expansion or company venture - CEO
STOCK PRICE DOWN - CEO

You forgot to add that when CEOs get fired, their contracts have "golden parachute" clauses so they can run a company into the ground and still get paid millions when they're fired for incompetence.

To live the "American Dream" now costs a family of 4 $120K per year. Easy for CEOs but for the average worker, impossible.

Any economy that doesn't provide decent wages across the work spectrum, can't survive. The U.S. Is already there. The decline has begun.

Conservatives are like the farmer who killed the goose to get all of the golden eggs. American workers can no longer afford the products they used to make even though they're cheaper now that they're made in China.
Well they need to be trillionaires now that they are billionaires...

Its hard for the poor and middle class to get ahead with the boot of government on their necks. Its simple, back off the ridiculous taxes and regulations making it difficult for the US to compete globally. We need a good old fashioned women's movement, MOL mothers against liberalism. Mark my words moms its these damn liberals who are enslaving your kids to a life of limited opportunity and enslavement to government programs.

Bullshit repeated is still bullshit.

Your answer is why we have the new reality of perpetual slow growth and high real unemployment

That's ridiculous. You sys the dumbest things sometimes.

Only to a Marxist such as yourself

Oooooh! You called me a Marxist! What a zing!! I'm a Marxist small business owner! Weeeeeeeeee!

NAH! you are the one that spouts your hatred all the time. Just read our replies you have sent even to me. LOL

Why do you hate rich people, is it envy? Jealousy? Or do you hate them simply because you were told to hate them and you obeyed mindlessly? I suspect you know very little about "rich" people, the amount they give to charity, the things the support. Its sad to see so many buying into the acidic rhetoric the left uses to get votes.
I don't recall saying I hate rich people.

My grandfather was one of the best off people in his town financially. Want to know what he did with all his money? He fed people knocking on his door during the Great Depression. He did charity work and gave at church. He lived frugally so his two kids could not have to struggle so hard. He was a rich guy, the best of them.

Dude your post was dripping with hatred.

They pretend they are but their right buddies run their lives in every fashion while the real workers stick up for themselves and try to get a wage to cope with the cost of rising prices.
Not to lick the boots of those that can exploit them.
It is called having integrity.

Dear fast food workers,

Yeah, they are so into it on this thread...
Plus they are dumping older workers, once you hit 50, your a liability....

Its hard for the poor and middle class to get ahead with the boot of government on their necks. Its simple, back off the ridiculous taxes and regulations making it difficult for the US to compete globally. We need a good old fashioned women's movement, MOL mothers against liberalism. Mark my words moms its these damn liberals who are enslaving your kids to a life of limited opportunity and enslavement to government programs.

Bullshit repeated is still bullshit.

Your answer is why we have the new reality of perpetual slow growth and high real unemployment

That's ridiculous. You sys the dumbest things sometimes.

Only to a Marxist such as yourself

Oooooh! You called me a Marxist! What a zing!! I'm a Marxist small business owner! Weeeeeeeeee!
Which means you let the govt take all the losses....

Okay genius.....let's try this...take the line worker and give him the CEOs job...then take the CEO and give him the line workers job...and see who actually can do the other job.........

You lefties suffer from the same malady...if you don't see it it doesn't exist....take abortion, can't see the baby so you can kill it, the death penalty, you never see the victim, only the killer in the cell, sad and lonely so we can't execute him...that would be mean, gun control...me and my family have never needed a gun so no one needs a gun...

Those are all true

And now we have the line worker vs. the CEO....the line worker is a very visible job...you can see him do it....then you dumb fucks see a guy in meetings, sitting at a desk and you say...hey.....he ain't working, he's just sitting there talking.....

so you have no fucking clue as to the level of brain power needed to make decisions on a daily basis that means the existence or extinction of a company.......or the level of risk....one wrong decision and thousands of people lose their jobs...and that is all on you....

The line worker.....not so much.....

I respect everyone who works....you morons hate anyone who makes a lot of money.......you are fools.....and will suffer for it....

Ruh Roh! They dont know each other very well! It's a nutter spat!

Dear fast food workers,

If you are making 15 bucks an hour, you are NOT highly skilled.
If you make 40 bucks an hour, you are reasonably skilled.

It is so impossible for the right wingers to understand that the real point of redistribution of wealth starts at the way multi-national and Us corporations refuse to pay for the services their workers provide.
But they have a multitude of excuses they use for justification to give maximum profits to those that don't do the work to make the company viable

Why?
Because they have been stagnant for a decade now....

Because it's fair trickle up poor

They don't work hard, they just sit around thinking, burger flippers are on their feet all the day, they are the real workers

:laugh:

Clearly you have never worked a real job.
I worked at four different FF chains years ago...KFC, Captain D's, Wendy's and Dominoes.
I also worked real labor intense jobs 2nd shift for a few years. And spent 13 years managing a 3 shift manufacturing department. And ran a successful printing company for 10 years.
Between the two - there is NO comparison. None, zip, nada.
In fast food you have little timers that tell you what to do 100% of the time. A person can literally walk in and within a few hours, if they are of average intelligence, and do the same work exactly as someone who has been there for years.
It is brain-dead, meaningless, mindless work. The worst thing about it is shear boredom half the time with burst of actual busy work here and there.

Get a real job.

Forum List

Back