Yes, I'm a Conservative, But SOME Rent Control IS Necesary

Why you think you should be able to draw a check from tax payer funds when you are fully capable of working and taking care of yourself.

Why do you deserve to be supported by tax payers when you can support yourself?
He feels it’s fair
Feelings, fairness, justice. All for those who can’t navigate their own boat

Why you think you should be able to draw a check from tax payer funds when you are fully capable of working and taking care of yourself.

Why do you deserve to be supported by tax payers when you can support yourself?
Equality matters for men.

Your question is irrelevant. Why do you have a problem being more than a hypocrite regarding being Legal to the Law?

I am all for being legal to the law.

And no, it is not irrelevant. You think you should be supported by the tax payers, when you are able to support yourself and fully capable of working. I would love to know the reason behind such thinking. Is it just laziness?

I live in an apartment complex, that recently was bought by a new landlord. That landlord has been increasing expired lease rents by as much as 60%. Imagine that your rent is $600/month and suddenly it's damn near $1,000/month.

Whoa! For low income seniors on Social Security and small pensions, this aint gonna fly. Actually, younger people still in the workforce with higher incomes, aren't taking to well to it either. Practically everybody in this complex is moving out. Some people are moving in and paying the higher rents, but not as many as are moving out. I've never seen so many moving vans in my life.

Next May, I will be moving out too, and still haven't figured out where to move to. I have limitations because of a low credit score and income, but I'll find someplace, even if it's not as good as where I am now.

All this is because Florida has no limit of what landlords can raise rents to. The only thing limiting them is new residents' capability to pay, and what they are able to rent apartments for.

But there is another side to this, This isn't oil or minerals mined from the ground. It's not furniture being made and sold. This is about PEOPLE. And it's about people who have been living in this complex for years, and these apartments are their HOMES. One woman who just moved out, had been living here for 25 years. Longtime neighbor-friendships are being obliterated.

If landlords NEED to raise rents, (say 10% or less) for some reason, that's understandable, but to raise them by HUNDREDS of dollars, just for GREED, is not what we ought to be OK with in this country. When hundreds of people are forced out of their homes, this is unacceptable. As is the case with most conservatives, I also favor deregulation of business, but this is one case that is screaming for MORE regulation, to a reasonable degree.

Wow, it's been almost three years since your original post. Did you end up moving or did the new owners come to their senses prior to losing all their tenants?

I am all for being legal to the law.

And no, it is not irrelevant. You think you should be supported by the tax payers, when you are able to support yourself and fully capable of working. I would love to know the reason behind such thinking. Is it just laziness?
You have no standing and merely prove your lack of morals. Just quit and go on unemployment compensation if you have any problem whatsoever.

You have no standing and merely prove your lack of morals. Just quit and go on unemployment compensation if you have any problem whatsoever.

I have no reason to require tax payer money to support me, when I am capable of doing so myself.

What moral reason do you have for expecting others to work to earn money, to pay taxes, to support you?

Most on the dole are manipulators and grifters. They like taking other peoples money instead of earning their own. Media tries to wrap it up in fake need and humanity but only about 10% on the dole are truely victims of perpetual bad circumstances beyond their control. Most cause their own mess and many deliberately.

Most on the dole are manipulators and grifters. They like taking other peoples money instead of earning their own. Media tries to wrap it up in fake need and humanity but only about 10% on the dole are truely victims of perpetual bad circumstances beyond their control. Most cause their own mess and many deliberately.

I don't know if the numbers of grifters is that high. But I do know that the programs are designed as a safety net, not a career.

I have no reason to require tax payer money to support me, when I am capable of doing so myself.

What moral reason do you have for expecting others to work to earn money, to pay taxes, to support you?
Employment is at-will, drama queen. Noone is making you work. Just quit.

Employment is at-will, drama queen. Noone is making you work. Just quit.

LMAO!! Still not an answer. Someone has to work to pay for you, if your pipedream ever became a reality. And the more people who quit, the higher the taxes on those who accept responsibility for their own lives.

LMAO!! Still not an answer. Someone has to work to pay for you, if your pipedream ever became a reality. And the more people who quit, the higher the taxes on those who accept responsibility for their own lives.
Why do you ask the question, drama queen. Just quit.

Why do you ask the question, drama queen. Just quit.

Why do you refuse to answer the question? Could it be that you have no reason other than your desire for more money without having to work?

It is a legitimate question. Why do you think you deserve to receive tax payer fund when you do not need them and are capable of working?

Why do you refuse to answer the question? Could it be that you have no reason other than your desire for more money without having to work?

It is a legitimate question. Why do you think you deserve to receive tax payer fund when you do not need them and are capable of working?
Why are you being such a drama queen? Noone is making you work in an at-will employment State.

Why are you being such a drama queen? Noone is making you work in an at-will employment State.

Actually, I am not working. I am retired. I was able to do so because I took responsibility for my own life.

You keep avoiding the question. Why do you think you deserve to receive tax payer fund when you do not need them and are capable of working?

Actually, I am not working. I am retired. I was able to do so because I took responsibility for my own life.

You keep avoiding the question. Why do you think you deserve to receive tax payer fund when you do not need them and are capable of working?
Why do you care? You have no understanding of economics.

Forum List

Back