19 year old who was raped at 15 ordered to pay child support

From the article it appears that the boy was under the age of consent at the time of the sexual encounters. Sex with underage partners is considered rape by the law.

But it's still not really rape. The state simply doesn't recognize the right of that individual to make the decision on their own

15 year olds can't enter into legally binding contracts. Is it your position they should be able to?

Rape is the unlawful and nonconsensual sexual assault of one person by another.

Taz, yes, it is a criminal violation. The guy could not lawfully consent, regardless of what he wanted.

Yeah so 15 and 364 days the boy is all for it, the woman is a rapist and you guys think his act of having sex with the woman must have been her raping him, and that should send the woman to jail and the baby to the state. One day later at 16, the woman is a a wonderful mom who deserves all our help and the boy should be forced to pay child support.

Last edited:
When this boy was 12 he may have been a victim, but this went on for three years until he was 15 years old. He ceased being a victim and became a willing consensual partner and he needs to pay for his kid so the public doesn't get stuck with the bill.

That's akin to saying a child who is molested over several years by the same person stops being a victim and starts "liking it" after awhile.

We don't know if the boy in question feels about the rape. If he needed counceling or anything. We don't know if the sexual contact started with her molesting him or how it came about. Many molestation victims deal with lots of shame, in part because while they did not want to be molested, their bodies did expierence some pleasure.

Assuming that this boy liked it because he got an erection is grossly inaccurate IMO.

Yeah so 15 and 364 days boy is all for it, woman is a rapist and you guys think his act of having sex should send the woman to jail and the baby to the state. One day later at 16, the woman is a a wonderful mom who deserves all our help and the boy should be forced to pay child support.

She's very lucky she didn't get a much harsher sentence. Many states(mine included) have a separate bracket for statutory rape if the adult is more than 10 years older than the child. So instead of getting 5 years and serving 2, she'd be serving a mandatory 10.

When this boy was 12 he may have been a victim, but this went on for three years until he was 15 years old. He ceased being a victim and became a willing consensual partner and he needs to pay for his kid so the public doesn't get stuck with the bill.

That's akin to saying a child who is molested over several years by the same person stops being a victim and starts "liking it" after awhile.

We don't know if the boy in question feels about the rape. If he needed counceling or anything. We don't know if the sexual contact started with her molesting him or how it came about. Many molestation victims deal with lots of shame, in part because while they did not want to be molested, their bodies did expierence some pleasure.

Assuming that this boy liked it because he got an erection is grossly inaccurate IMO.

As is assuming the boy was not engaged in an activity that he wanted to engage in, because the law says he does not have the right to self-determination at 15 but a day later at 16 he does.

Who knows what he thought at 15?

It really doesn't matter. Maybe he thought she was his girlfriend. That she loved him. She was the adult, and whether she held him down and forced him or whether she lied and coerced him, she still raped him.

She tainted his teenage years. He was twelve. My nieces are twelve and they are still playing with Barbies. She took advantage of him. She preyed on a 12 year old child while his parents trusted her to babysit him.

As is assuming the boy was not engaged in an activity that he wanted to engage in, because the law says he does not have the right to self-determination at 15 but a day later at 16 he does.

Does not matter. Whether he "likes" it or not does not matter. Your analysis is skewed by . . . tell us what, please. It's personal, obviously, so tell us.

The woman DID go to jail for her crimes of raping this boy. Now that she's out, she applied for welfare and they are the ones pursuing the child support claim.

The woman probably wanted to have a baby to justify welfare and couldn't find a man old enough to have to have sex with her.

From the article:

After being reunited with her child, Kazinsky promptly filed for Aid and Government assistance which in turn landed Jeremy with a subpena for child support.

Does not matter. Whether he "likes" it or not does not matter. Your analysis is skewed by . . . tell us what, please. It's personal, obviously, so tell us.

You gonna tell me that you don't find it odd that the law will put someone in jail based on the time and place of the action being one hour prior to what the law says is the legal hour a few feet over the state line, even to the point of jailing someone for ten years? Someone can go to jail for ten years because of a time zone mistake, or a sign being posted in the wrong location? That's not odd to you?

My wife of 30years is 3years younger than me, we started dating when I was 19 we got married a few years after we started dating. If we had started dating 1 month prior she would have been 15 and I would have been 18, thus we probably would never have dated for "fear" of being accused of statutory rape or what not. I find it utterly ridiculous that one month, one week, one hour, hell even one second is the measure of "legality" for two people to date and / or have relations. I find it incredibly hypocritical to then say, but it's ok for a 40+ year old POTUS to have sexual relations with his 18year old intern. Oh but it's ok for a 15year old to have sex with a 60year old woman if the state's law says 15 is the statutory date. You see? It's purely an arbitrary date set by each state. Not all states use the same age for the barrier. Purely arbitrary.

Last edited:
Check out the age of consent ages for North America, they range from puberty to 18. Cross the state line and the boy suddenly gains or looses all mental faculties?

Last edited:

To me, it depends on when the child was conceived. If the child was conceived when he was under the age of consent, then, imo, he is not obligated to pay child support as he was not legally consenting to the sexual activity. If the child was conceived after the age of consent, then he is legally responsible.

The woman is an absolute sleaze. She should have spent more time in jail and lost the rights to her child.

Last edited:
How does someone force a 15 year old boy to have sex?

Raped, my foot. He had an erection or he could not have gotten her preggers. So he was hardly raped!! Women can't rape men.

This is a ridiculous claim.

Pay up to the mom, loser horndog.

He wasn't a man, he was a child. Turn it around with the young person being a girl and the older person being a man. Twelve - 15 year old girl, 34 year old man. You all would hold Roman Polanski responsible for rape if the female was 12-15, why is it this boy is not a rape victim when the girl Polanski raped is?

He is not responsible for that child if he was under the age of consent when the sexual activity took place. He was a child, not a man. Age of consent is not just about being sexually mature; it is also about being emotionally mature.

Why is it that a 15year old can be convicted of a crime but you don't think he should be responsible for impregnating an older woman?

You gonna tell me that you don't find it odd that the law will put someone in jail based on the time and place of the action being one hour prior to what the law says is the legal hour a few feet over the state line, even to the point of jailing someone for ten years? Someone can go to jail for ten years because of a time zone mistake, or a sign being posted in the wrong location? That's not odd to you?

My wife of 30years is 3years younger than me, we started dating when I was 19 we got married a few years after we started dating. If we had started dating 1 month prior she would have been 15 and I would have been 18, thus we probably would never have dated for "fear" of being accused of statutory rape or what not. I find it utterly ridiculous that one month, one week, one hour, hell even one second is the measure of "legality" for two people to date and / or have relations. I find it incredibly hypocritical to then say, but it's ok for a 40+ year old POTUS to have sexual relations with his 18year old intern. Oh but it's ok for a 15year old to have sex with a 60year old woman if the state's law says 15 is the statutory date. You see? It's purely an arbitrary date set by each state. Not all states use the same age for the barrier. Purely arbitrary.

Then you must take it up with the legislature, who will tell you the door to the alley is over there and to use it.

Your personal feelings on the situation do not matter at all.

Then you must take it up with the legislature, who will tell you the door to the alley is over there and to use it.

Was not aware this is a court of law. I thought this was a discussion thread on USMB.

Was not aware this is a court of law. I thought this was a discussion thread on USMB.

I am telling you that your personal feeling (1) is wrong (tough that) and (2) it does not matter because the laws won't change.

You feel as you do. OK.

Why is it that a 15year old can be convicted of a crime but you don't think he should be responsible for impregnating an older woman?

I believe it was she who sexually assaulted him when he was a minor, she was the sex offender who went to jail for her assault on him when he was a minor.

Forum List

Back