A Reasonable Solution To The Gay Marriage Debate

The idea that the Catholic Church ever sanctioned a lifetime of homosexual sodomy is beyond preposterous. It is conceivable that male-male friendship and companionship was blessed. but the relationship would have had to be celibate.

I've seen mention of this historian's work on a couple boards, but he is apparently dead, and I have not seen the purported original documents (or translations of them). It would be interesting reading, to be sure.

No, that is not what my link said at all.

What it said was that a respected scholar found instances in which the catholic church held marriage rituals for two men. They had departments for uniting two men.

I did not talk about the bible at all. I simply showed that the church allowed and sanctioned marriages between two men. And they did so in several countries over a span or several hundred years.

I made no claim to anything being biblical. I simply showed that the "The definition of marriage has not changed in thousands of years" claim is bogus.

It was onme mans source from the link THAT YOU USED But you did bring up christian religion. Which would bring up the bible.

Also, I did not bring up religion except to discuss the actions of the catholic church. It does not bring up the bible at all.

If I discussed the security at the Vatican, is that going to bring up the bible? If I discussed the priests who molested young boys and the actions to protect those priests, is that bringing up the bible?

However you did bring up religion. You don't want the bible mention do not bring up religion

It was onme mans source from the link THAT YOU USED But you did bring up christian religion. Which would bring up the bible.

Also, I did not bring up religion except to discuss the actions of the catholic church. It does not bring up the bible at all.

If I discussed the security at the Vatican, is that going to bring up the bible? If I discussed the priests who molested young boys and the actions to protect those priests, is that bringing up the bible?

However you did bring up religion. You don't want the bible mention do not bring up religion

You think Christianity is the only religion?

You think Christianity is the only religion?

It's the predominate Religion in America

Gay marriage affects no heterosexual marriage.
Heterosexuals fucked up their own marriages.

I brought up research into the actions of the Catholic Church. You wanted to make it about religion. Obviously not every action of the church is sanctioned in the bible.

I brought up research into the actions of the Catholic Church. You wanted to make it about religion. Obviously not every action of the church is sanctioned in the bible.
No you brought up RELIGION period. Don't use it as a tool unless you want some Biblical versus introduced.

No you brought up RELIGION period. Don't use it as a tool unless you want some Biblical versus introduced.

LMAO! You keep harping on this because the bible is your only defense for your views. But, as far as laws are concerned, the Bible is completely irrelevant.

LMAO! You keep harping on this because the bible is your only defense for your views. But, as far as laws are concerned, the Bible is completely irrelevant.

What is irrelevant is the false information and lie that early Christians support gay marriage.

It is when it pertains to the founders.

You mean the ones who wrote the 1st Amendment?

Yes the exact same ones that voted too appoint Congressional Chaplains of the Christian faith. Yes those founders.

And since those Founders added the 1st Amendment, it is clearly unconstitutional to have laws based solely on any religion or religious doctrines.

So, as we have said many times, you will have to come up with a secular reason for not allowing gays to marry.

What is irrelevant is the false information and lie that early Christians support gay marriage.

Its easy to make that claim.

You mean the ones who wrote the 1st Amendment?

Yes the exact same ones that voted too appoint Congressional Chaplains of the Christian faith. Yes those founders.

And since those Founders added the 1st Amendment, it is clearly unconstitutional to have laws based solely on any religion or religious doctrines.

So, as we have said many times, you will have to come up with a secular reason for not allowing gays to marry.

If morals is Biblical sue me. There is no protect rights for abnormal behaviors.

Forum List

Back