America is already a "Sharia Compliant State"

I thought that Egypt has been an Islamic country for a 1,000 years.?

When was it ever 100% Christian??

It is my country, you know??!! I know my country history, you can check it out.. it was rulled by a priest too, but they had inside problem so, they thought when they bring in muslims they could fix it, nobody know the truth untill it was too late.. Sunni, you know your country history (whatever this country is, was), right?

I looked it up and Egypt was never a 100% Christian country as you claim.

And has been Islamic since the 7th century

I thought that Egypt has been an Islamic country for a 1,000 years.?

When was it ever 100% Christian??

It is my country, you know??!! I know my country history, you can check it out.. it was rulled by a priest too, but they had inside problem so, they thought when they bring in muslims they could fix it, nobody know the truth untill it was too late.. Sunni, you know your country history (whatever this country is, was), right?

I looked it up and Egypt was never a 100% Christian country as you claim.

And has been Islamic since the 7th century
No wonder it's a shithole.

historically it was Saint Mark the Evangelist, during the first century AD, who actually is considered to be the founder of the church. He preached and suffered martyrdom in Alexandria around the time that Nero ruled Rome.

There were some disagreement that caused split of the church which never settled , however, and although many attempts at reunion were made in the fifth and sixth centuries - and again in recent years - the dissenters from the Chalcedonian decision remain separated from the Orthodox Church.

when the Arabs invaded Egypt in the mid-seventh century AD, they met little resistance form the native Christian population.
Resource.. touregypt.net

Egypt is known as the birth place of Christian monasteries.
Another outstanding contribution was the Didascalia, the famous catechetical school in Alexandria where early Christian scholars labored to prove that reason and revelation, philosophy and theology were not only compatible, but also essential for each other's comprehension. This was the first Catechetical School in the world. The first great scholar who served as head of the Didascalia was Pantaenus, who probably ran the school for about a 20 year period between 180 and 200 AD. However, probably the most important theologian and prolific author associated with the school was Origen

When St. Mark died in Alexandria in year 68 AD, his body was buried in the chapel at “Beucalis”. In the year 828, the remains were stolen and placed in the Venice cathedral. In 1970 the largest cathedral in Africa was built in Cairo, St. Mark's Coptic Cathedral. Before the cathedral was finished Pope Paul VI returned to Egypt the body of St. Mark. With much ceremony this was placed in a grave beneath the main altar. Nowadays, weekly meetings are held there where the pope addresses the crowds.

In the overall scheme of things.

Christianity only played a very small part in the history of Egypt.

Really not much more than a foot note in the history books.

Last edited:
The second oldest university in the world is Al Azhar Islamic University in Egypt.

Al-Azhar University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On freedom of speech
In October 2007, Muhammad Sayyid Tantawy, then the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, drew allegations of stifling freedom of speech when he asked the Egyptian government to toughen its rules and punishments against journalists. During a Friday sermon in the presence of Egyptian Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif and a number of ministers, Tantawy is alleged to have stated that journalism which contributes to the spread of false rumours rather than true news deserves to be boycotted, and that it is tantamount to sinning for readers to purchase such newspapers. Tantawy, a supporter of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, also called for a punishment of eighty lashes to "those who spread rumors" in an indictment of speculation by journalists over Mubarak's ill health and possible death.[19][20] This is not the first time that he has criticized the Egyptian press regarding its news coverage nor is it the first time he in return has been accused by the press of opposing freedom of speech. During a religious celebration in the same month, Tantawy released comments alluding to "the arrogant and the pretenders who accuse others with the ugliest vice and unsubstantiated charges". In response, Egypt's press union issued a statement suggesting that Tantawy appeared to be involved in inciting and escalating a campaign against journalists and freedom of the press.[21]​
Yes, they truly are a beacon of light and freedom. :cuckoo:

The second oldest university in the world is Al Azhar Islamic University in Egypt.

On freedom of speech
In October 2007, Muhammad Sayyid Tantawy, then the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, drew allegations of stifling freedom of speech when he asked the Egyptian government to toughen its rules and punishments against journalists. During a Friday sermon in the presence of Egyptian Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif and a number of ministers, Tantawy is alleged to have stated that journalism which contributes to the spread of false rumours rather than true news deserves to be boycotted, and that it is tantamount to sinning for readers to purchase such newspapers. Tantawy, a supporter of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, also called for a punishment of eighty lashes to "those who spread rumors" in an indictment of speculation by journalists over Mubarak's ill health and possible death.[19][20] This is not the first time that he has criticized the Egyptian press regarding its news coverage nor is it the first time he in return has been accused by the press of opposing freedom of speech. During a religious celebration in the same month, Tantawy released comments alluding to "the arrogant and the pretenders who accuse others with the ugliest vice and unsubstantiated charges". In response, Egypt's press union issued a statement suggesting that Tantawy appeared to be involved in inciting and escalating a campaign against journalists and freedom of the press.[21]​

Thats it, this system sounds so free and enlightening, I am moving to Egypt as soon as possible.

On freedom of speech

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, this is nothing, last time I went back home to visit my family, last year. I found that they put more microphone speaker very close to my house, almost IN my home, that we can HAVE to listen to the preacher speach. It was not any fun, as he was cursing us and getting people really upset that we (christians) live in THEIR country.. I didn't know should I laugh, or worry for my family's life!!!

On freedom of speech

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, this is nothing, last time I went back home to visit my family, last year. I found that they put more microphone speaker very close to my house, almost IN my home, that we can HAVE to listen to the preacher speach. It was not any fun, as he was cursing us and getting people really upset that we (christians) live in THEIR country.. I didn't know should I laugh, or worry for my family's life!!!

From what I gather the Muslims in Egypt are tired of the Christians Nahla and want them gone, like in Pakistan and Iraq, is this true?

So Nahla, you are not proud of the great Islamic history of Egypt?

You didn not understand any of what I said, did you? why would I be proud of something does NOT represent me, and caused a lot of pain, and horrible times for my people?

On freedom of speech

From what I gather the Muslims in Egypt are tired of the Christians Nahla and want them gone, like in Pakistan and Iraq, is this true?

High Gravity, I am not sure about Pakistan, but I know about Iraq. I believe Pakistan is pretty much like Iran. Iraq like Sudan, they devided into north and south, but still suffer..

Now I can see why the Egyptian Muslims wanted to kick out and undesirable person like you.

You went around during Ramadan dressed half naked with your arms not covered.

Disrespecting them and your culture.

On freedom of speech

Given Islam's history of murdering infidels, you should worry.

Forum List

Back