Are Blacks More Racist Than Whites? Most Americans Say Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not irrational of me to comment on what I have seen you doing.

It is irrational of YOU to claim that it is. INsanely so.

One does not have to be a moderator, to point out that you have been defending, IM2.

It is utterly stupid and obviously a lie, for you to deny that.

But, I guess you had to say SOMETHING to avoid admitting what I said.

Which I will repost here, because you haven't addressed anything I said, at all.

IM2 lied about the 2006 vote. You defended his lie. That undermines your credibility.

Those are facts, plain to see, and your denial is irrational.

I didn't lie about shit. You are nothing. A troll. I, Katsteve and other blacks are here in a all white forum challenging your racism. But you are a pussy, you won't do the same and enter an all black forum running your mouth like you do here. You are a coward. You have no credibility. .

1. You claimed that the 2006 vote was a renewal of the black right to vote. THat was a lie.

2. I constantly address your claims seriously and honestly. That is the opposite of a troll. YOu calling me a troll is another lie.

3. "All white forum"? LOL!!!! Support that bullshit or do you just want to admit that it is just another lie?

4. YOu don't challenge my racism, because I am not racist. I challenge you on issues, and your only defense is to insult me because your polices are wrong, and you can't defend them based on their merits.

5 ALso, as you falsely called me an asshole, I will now honestly call you one. YOu are a race baiting asshole.

6. Mmm, an all black forum. Interesting idea. Got a link?

7. There is no physical danger for any of us, on an internet forum. It is stupid to call me a coward.

8. My credibility is fine. I never lie, and anyone who is not a self deluding asshole, can see that.

I did not lie about 2006.

You're a white racist troll. You've not shown the national policy of anti white discrimination. You have not shown by peer reviewed evidence when racism ended. You have not shown where the white right to vote in any way shape or form was ever up for a congressional vote, to protect that right or provisions thereof.. You haven't shown one amendment that was ever made to protect the white right to vote.

You avoid everything. Then you whine.
Someone should let this cat IM2 know that white students were victims of reverse racism when they were forced to go to the majority black schools during the civil rights movement or act that forced that to happen.

Many whites actually dropped out of school during the time period all due to not wanting to be subjected to the racism they were to face at these schools when forced to go there as students. They became pawns in a government experiment to then stop racism or to stop the separation of whites and blacks in all things government where government was in control.

This was one of the areas where whites made more sacrifices in the struggle, whether it was sacrificing their educations to keep from being abused or sticking it out because they actually believed that the experiment could work, and it did work as they also gave sacrifice in the situation to make sure that it did.

Whites and blacks suffered greatly during the period of transformation, and to suggest that no whites suffered is a testiment that some people are either liars or just ignorant as to the entire situation that took place back then.

Someone needs to let you know that I started school in 1966. The black school in our town was closed. No one white was forced to go to a black school here. We were forced to go to the formerly all white schools and endured racism from white kids, white parents, teachers and administrators. White kids got anger from blacks because of the way whites treaded blacks and from the open opposition whites had to their kids going to n word schools and how hey did not want their children exposed to n words. A lot of whites dropped out because they did not want to be around blacks. I say whites have not suffered because what was going on was the assurance if equality regardless of race which whites opposed. How anyone can say whites suffered because the country was trying to make things equal for all people is a wee bit much.
Well it shows just how one sided your history is, and yes white students who were taught by their parents to fear the blacks and black culture back then, may have been confused until they met black racist who confirmed their worst fears about them. Then they met those blacks who were willing to give the white kids a chance and vice-versa the same for the black kids who were forced to go to the white schools, and found those whites who were willing to give the black kids a chance aside from the resistance they may have endured as well.

In all of this, yes sacrifices were made on both sides, and yes there is going to always be people who don't like each other's culture or cultural habits, but that doesn't mean that American's can't get along in the public square as American's.

The black school in your area closed, so no whites were forced to go there, but if they would have been forced to go there, and they would have met you, then all I can say is "Lord help them"... That would have been the three words of the day in regards to them in that situation.

Including whites... Someone tell the ignorant IM2 that please.

Many whites including the ones down in Mississippi sacrificed their lives for the black struggle, and to negate that fact like IM2 does here flies into the face of all who sacrificed or we're sacrificed upon the alter of civil rights be it black or white who believed that all men are created equal, and were endowed by their creator etc.

I said, "speaking for myself, everyone sacrificed"..that includes everyone who was impacted in some way, in spite of their race.

I know you don't need me to speak for you so I won't. What I will say is that am tired of these white people here who have chosen to diminish what we have endured in every instance to make claims of how whites have suffered and how we need to be grateful to them as the small numbers of whites who worked with blacks are the exclusive reason why we got freedom or civil rights.
I know that you're not speaking for me.

Frankly, I got tired of it a long time ago in a different forum. If you think that some of those here are bad, the forum that I used to visit made this one look like a kindergarten class.

I think that there are some here that converse intelligently, and others are only here because they can say whatever they want to and be subjected to "political correctness"......lol.

Then there are some here who actually harbor the belief that they are the victims of rampant anti white discrimination.

And that I have to laugh at, having seen REAL discrimination, up to and including separate and UNEQUAL access to anything and everything.

I've been in some of those too. And they are all republicans who talk about how democrats are the racists.

That false narrative has been circulated for decades. It is a documented fact that many former democrats(mainly Southern) exited the democratic party in the 1960's to become republicans.

There are some loons here that will swear to you that the Southern Strategy was a hoax and never happened.
Were the union troops who fought the southern troops a fraud ??? Don't be ignorant. Where did the union go ?? Turned into the democrats ??? LOL

I'm just saying that technically, the law provided blacks with the right to vote.
The problem though is that laws don't prevent people from violating them, they generally just outline what is unlawful and the penalty for their violation.

This is another example of the disparity in U.S. society, due to race (aka racism) that adversely and often violently impacted black Americans (Race and Voting - Constitutional Rights Foundation)

Race and Voting in the Segregated South
After returning home from World War II, veteran Medgar Evers decided to vote in a Mississippi election. But when he and some other black ex-servicemen attempted to vote, a white mob stopped them. "All we wanted to be was ordinary citizens," Evers later related. "We fought during the war for America, Mississippi included. Now, after the Germans and Japanese hadn't killed us, it looked as though the white Mississippians would. . . ."

The most basic right of a citizen in a democracy is the right to vote. Without this right, people can be easily ignored and even abused by their government. This, in fact, is what happened to African American citizens living in the South following Civil War Reconstruction. Despite the 14th and 15th amendments guaranteeing the civil rights of black Americans, their right to vote was systematically taken away by white supremacist state governments.

Voting During Reconstruction
After the Civil War, Congress acted to prevent Southerners from re-establishing white supremacy. In 1867, the Radical Republicans in Congress imposed federal military rule over most of the South. Under U.S. Army occupation, the former Confederate states wrote new constitutions and were readmitted to the Union, but only after ratifying the 14th Amendment. This Reconstruction amendment prohibited states from denying "the equal protection of the laws" to U.S. citizens, which included the former slaves.

In 1870, the 15th Amendment was ratified. It stated that, "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude."

More than a half-million black men became voters in the South during the 1870s (women did not secure the right to vote in the United States until 1920). For the most part, these new black voters cast their ballots solidly for the Republican Party, the party of the Great Emancipator, Abraham Lincoln.

When Mississippi rejoined the Union in 1870, former slaves made up more than half of that state's population. During the next decade, Mississippi sent two black U.S. senators to Washington and elected a number of black state officials, including a lieutenant governor. But even though the new black citizens voted freely and in large numbers, whites were still elected to a large majority of state and local offices. This was the pattern in most of the Southern states during Reconstruction.

The Republican-controlled state governments in the South were hardly perfect. Many citizens complained about overtaxation and outright corruption. But these governments brought about significant improvements in the lives of the former slaves. For the first time, black men and women enjoyed freedom of speech and movement, the right of a fair trial, education for their children, and all the other privileges and protections of American citizenship. But all this changed when Reconstruction ended in 1877 and federal troops withdrew from the old Confederacy.

Voting in Mississippi
With federal troops no longer present to protect the rights of black citizens, white supremacy quickly returned to the old Confederate states. Black voting fell off sharply in most areas because of threats by white employers and violence from the Ku Klux Klan, a ruthless secret organization bent on preserving white supremacy at all costs.

White majorities began to vote out the Republicans and replace them with Democratic governors, legislators, and local officials. Laws were soon passed banning interracial marriages and racially segregating railroad cars along with the public schools.

Laws and practices were also put in place to make sure blacks would never again freely participate in elections. But one problem stood in the way of denying African Americans the right to vote: the 15th Amendment, which guaranteed them this right. To a great extent, Mississippi led the way in overcoming the barrier presented by the 15th Amendment.

In 1890, Mississippi held a convention to write a new state constitution to replace the one in force since Reconstruction. The white leaders of the convention were clear about their intentions. "We came here to exclude the Negro," declared the convention president. Because of the 15th Amendment, they could not ban blacks from voting. Instead, they wrote into the state constitution a number of voter restrictions making it difficult for most blacks to register to vote.

First, the new constitution required an annual poll tax, which voters had to pay for two years before the election. This was a difficult economic burden to place on black Mississippians, who made up the poorest part of the state's population. Many simply couldn't pay it.

But the most formidable voting barrier put into the state constitution was the literacy test. It required a person seeking to register to vote to read a section of the state constitution and explain it to the county clerk who processed voter registrations. This clerk, who was always white, decided whether a citizen was literate or not.

The literacy test did not just exclude the 60 percent of voting-age black men (most of them ex-slaves) who could not read. It excluded almost all black men, because the clerk would select complicated technical passages for them to interpret. By contrast, the clerk would pass whites by picking simple sentences in the state constitution for them to explain.

Mississippi also enacted a "grandfather clause" that permitted registering anyone whose grandfather was qualified to vote before the Civil War. Obviously, this benefited only white citizens. The "grandfather clause" as well as the other legal barriers to black voter registration worked. Mississippi cut the percentage of black voting-age men registered to vote from over 90 percent during Reconstruction to less than 6 percent in 1892. These measures were copied by most of the other states in the South.

Other Forms of Voter Discrimination
By the turn of the century, the white Southern Democratic Party held nearly all elected offices in the former Confederate states. The Southern Republican Party, mostly made up of blacks, barely existed and rarely even ran candidates against the Democrats. As a result, the real political contests took place within the Democratic Party primary elections. Whoever won the Democratic primary was just about guaranteed victory in the general election.

In 1902, Mississippi passed a law that declared political parties to be private organizations outside the authority of the 15th Amendment. This permitted the Mississippi Democratic Party to exclude black citizens from membership and participation in its primaries. The "white primary," which was soon imitated in most other Southern states, effectively prevented the small number of blacks registered to vote from having any say in who got elected to partisan offices--from the local sheriff to the governor and members of Congress.

When poll taxes, literacy tests, "grandfather clauses," and "white primaries" did not stop blacks from registering and voting, intimidation often did the job. An African-American citizen attempting to exercise his right to vote would often be threatened with losing his job. Denial of credit, threats of eviction, and verbal abuse by white voting clerks also prevented black Southerners from voting. When all else failed, mob violence and even lynching kept black people away from the ballot box.

The Voting Rights Act of 1965
As a result of intimidation, violence, and racial discrimination in state voting laws, a mere 3 percent of voting-age black men and women in the South were registered to vote in 1940. In Mississippi, under 1 percent were registered. Most blacks who did vote lived in the larger cities of the South.

By not having the power of the ballot, African Americans in the South had little influence in their communities. They did not hold elected offices. They had no say in how much their taxes would be or what laws would be passed. They had little, if any, control over local police, courts, or public schools. They, in effect, were denied their rights as citizens.

Attempts to change this situation were met with animosity and outright violence. But in the 1950s, the civil rights movement developed. Facing enormous hostility, black people in the South organized to demand their rights guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution. They launched voter registration drives in many Southern communities.

In the early 1960s, black and white protesters, called Freedom Riders, came from the North to join in demonstrations throughout the South. In some places, crowds attacked them while white police officers looked on.

Medgar Evers, the black veteran stopped by a white mob from voting, became a civil rights leader in his native Mississippi. Because of his civil rights activities, he was shot and killed in front of his home by a white segregationist in 1963.

But through the efforts of local civil rights leaders like Medgar Evers and other Americans, about 43 percent of adult black men and women were registered to vote in the South by 1964. That same year, the 24th Amendment was ratified. It outlawed poll taxes in federal elections. (The U.S. Supreme Court later ruled that all poll taxes are unconstitutional.)

White supremacists, however, still fiercely resisted voting by African Americans. Black voter registration in Alabama was only 23 percent, while in neighboring Mississippi less than 7 percent of voting-age blacks were registered.

A major event in the civil rights movement soon brought an end to voting discrimination. Early in 1965, a county sheriff clamped down on a black voter registration campaign in Selma, Alabama. Deputies arrested and jailed protesting black teachers and 800 schoolchildren. The leaders of the voter registration drive decided to organize a protest march from Selma to Montgomery, the capital of Alabama.

On March 7, 1965, about 600 black and white civil rights protesters passed through Selma and began to cross the Edmund Pettus Bridge spanning the Alabama River. They were met on the other side by a large force of Alabama state troopers, who ordered the marchers to return to Selma. When the marchers refused to turn back, the troopers attacked, some on horseback, knocking down people and beating them with clubs. This was all filmed by TV news cameras and shown that evening to a shocked American public.

The Selma march pushed the federal government to pass legislation to enforce the right of black citizens to vote. A few days after the violence at Selma, President Lyndon Johnson introduced the Voting Rights Act of 1965 before a joint session of Congress. Johnson declared, "it is not just Negroes, but it's really all of us who must overcome the crippling legacy of bigotry and injustice."

The Voting Rights Act, signed into law by President Johnson on August 6, 1965, suspended literacy and other tests in counties and states showing evidence of voter discrimination. These counties and states also were prohibited from creating new voter requirements that denied citizens their right to vote. Moreover, in the areas covered by the act, federal examiners replaced local clerks in registering voters.

The Voting Rights Act of 1965 ended the practices that had denied African Americans the right to vote in Southern states. Registration of black voters in the South jumped from 43 percent in 1964 to 66 percent by the end of the decade. This represented an increase of more than a million new African American voters who could finally claim their right to vote.​

You nor anyone else tells me "what to defend". You should try not being such a pompous asshole and you won't be insulted in return by me.

It was a suggestion. Obviously. And I try to treat people the way they treat me. If you feel that I am a "pompous asshole" then I have succeeded.

As far as IM2 goes, he is a grown man,

Do not speak to me about him. Grow some balls and talk to him yourself.

I've spoken and am speaking to him plenty. WHich you know.

BUt you had to pretend otherwise, to sort of justify your little zinger,

cause shit like that, is ALL you have.

Cecilie's point stands, you've done nothing to refute it, NOTHING.

Her words.

"IM2 babbles on and on endlessly about the evils of "the whites of today" because HE'S a collectivist, but the problem is that WE are mysteriously and unexplainably viewing his insults as insults."

Using the term "WE " makes HER a collectivist..

NO, it does not. "We" is a word with a meaning, and it is sometimes called for. You might want to ask her what group she was referring to.

All of your illogical rants about "insulting the ENTIRE white race", makes YOU a collectivist. You do not speak for all white people..

No, it does not. IM2 insulted the entire white race and addressing that does not make me a collectivist.

I do not claim to speak for all white people. I have no doubt that many white people, such as lib cucks, would completely agree with IM2, vile lies about white people as a group.

Her point "stands" with YOU. Not ME. And I don't need to justify anything to anyone here. I say what I think, no matter what..

Her point stands, because you can't refute it. At all. And you do have to justify what you say, or you look like an utter moron just spewing bullshit. And you have shown that you care about that, by trying to justify your little zinger. THough you failed. Utterly.

None of IM2"s posts have been directed at the "entire white race" as you keep insisting..

When he claims that without the 2006 vote, that black voting rights would end, he is claiming that whites, as a group in this country, would take them away. He has made specific references to the actions of the Deep South during Jim Crow.

He made no distinctions or limitations on his claim. He did not say, for example, that blacks would lose the right to vote in the South.

That was an insult to the "entire white race" as a group in this country. YOur denial is pathetically weak and does nothing but undermine your credibility even further.

But, as we all know, cockroaches do not like light shined on them, so the ones who have felt insulted, just might have a concience.

Interesting. A fairly standard filler insult to be expected from a lib. BUT, with an odd lightening at the end.
He thinks the entire white race owes reparations

He claims to be an academic. Can you imagine the shit he publishes? And the people that pretend it is not utter garbage?

Nobody is an academic whose only contributions to academia is calling every white person they know a liar, troll, or racist. You've read all the shit that academic ever published.

I'm just saying that technically, the law provided blacks with the right to vote.
The problem though is that laws don't prevent people from violating them, they generally just outline what is unlawful and the penalty for their violation.

This is another example of the disparity in U.S. society, due to race (aka racism) that adversely and often violently impacted black Americans (Race and Voting - Constitutional Rights Foundation)

After returning home from World War II, veteran Medgar Evers decided to vote in a Mississippi election. But when he and some other black ex-servicemen attempted to vote, a white mob stopped them. "All we wanted to be was ordinary citizens," Evers later related. "We fought during the war for America, Mississippi included. Now, after the Germans and Japanese hadn't killed us, it looked as though the white Mississippians would. . . ."

The most basic right of a citizen in a democracy is the right to vote. Without this right, people can be easily ignored and even abused by their government. This, in fact, is what happened to African American citizens living in the South following Civil War Reconstruction. Despite the 14th and 15th amendments guaranteeing the civil rights of black Americans, their right to vote was systematically taken away by white supremacist state governments.

After the Civil War, Congress acted to prevent Southerners from re-establishing white supremacy. In 1867, the Radical Republicans in Congress imposed federal military rule over most of the South. Under U.S. Army occupation, the former Confederate states wrote new constitutions and were readmitted to the Union, but only after ratifying the 14th Amendment. This Reconstruction amendment prohibited states from denying "the equal protection of the laws" to U.S. citizens, which included the former slaves.

In 1870, the 15th Amendment was ratified. It stated that, "The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude."

More than a half-million black men became voters in the South during the 1870s (women did not secure the right to vote in the United States until 1920). For the most part, these new black voters cast their ballots solidly for the Republican Party, the party of the Great Emancipator, Abraham Lincoln.

When Mississippi rejoined the Union in 1870, former slaves made up more than half of that state's population. During the next decade, Mississippi sent two black U.S. senators to Washington and elected a number of black state officials, including a lieutenant governor. But even though the new black citizens voted freely and in large numbers, whites were still elected to a large majority of state and local offices. This was the pattern in most of the Southern states during Reconstruction.

The Republican-controlled state governments in the South were hardly perfect. Many citizens complained about overtaxation and outright corruption. But these governments brought about significant improvements in the lives of the former slaves. For the first time, black men and women enjoyed freedom of speech and movement, the right of a fair trial, education for their children, and all the other privileges and protections of American citizenship. But all this changed when Reconstruction ended in 1877 and federal troops withdrew from the old Confederacy.

Voting in Mississippi
With federal troops no longer present to protect the rights of black citizens, white supremacy quickly returned to the old Confederate states. Black voting fell off sharply in most areas because of threats by white employers and violence from the Ku Klux Klan, a ruthless secret organization bent on preserving white supremacy at all costs.

White majorities began to vote out the Republicans and replace them with Democratic governors, legislators, and local officials. Laws were soon passed banning interracial marriages and racially segregating railroad cars along with the public schools.

Laws and practices were also put in place to make sure blacks would never again freely participate in elections. But one problem stood in the way of denying African Americans the right to vote: the 15th Amendment, which guaranteed them this right. To a great extent, Mississippi led the way in overcoming the barrier presented by the 15th Amendment.

In 1890, Mississippi held a convention to write a new state constitution to replace the one in force since Reconstruction. The white leaders of the convention were clear about their intentions. "We came here to exclude the Negro," declared the convention president. Because of the 15th Amendment, they could not ban blacks from voting. Instead, they wrote into the state constitution a number of voter restrictions making it difficult for most blacks to register to vote.

First, the new constitution required an annual poll tax, which voters had to pay for two years before the election. This was a difficult economic burden to place on black Mississippians, who made up the poorest part of the state's population. Many simply couldn't pay it.

But the most formidable voting barrier put into the state constitution was the literacy test. It required a person seeking to register to vote to read a section of the state constitution and explain it to the county clerk who processed voter registrations. This clerk, who was always white, decided whether a citizen was literate or not.

The literacy test did not just exclude the 60 percent of voting-age black men (most of them ex-slaves) who could not read. It excluded almost all black men, because the clerk would select complicated technical passages for them to interpret. By contrast, the clerk would pass whites by picking simple sentences in the state constitution for them to explain.

Mississippi also enacted a "grandfather clause" that permitted registering anyone whose grandfather was qualified to vote before the Civil War. Obviously, this benefited only white citizens. The "grandfather clause" as well as the other legal barriers to black voter registration worked. Mississippi cut the percentage of black voting-age men registered to vote from over 90 percent during Reconstruction to less than 6 percent in 1892. These measures were copied by most of the other states in the South.

By the turn of the century, the white Southern Democratic Party held nearly all elected offices in the former Confederate states. The Southern Republican Party, mostly made up of blacks, barely existed and rarely even ran candidates against the Democrats. As a result, the real political contests took place within the Democratic Party primary elections. Whoever won the Democratic primary was just about guaranteed victory in the general election.

In 1902, Mississippi passed a law that declared political parties to be private organizations outside the authority of the 15th Amendment. This permitted the Mississippi Democratic Party to exclude black citizens from membership and participation in its primaries. The "white primary," which was soon imitated in most other Southern states, effectively prevented the small number of blacks registered to vote from having any say in who got elected to partisan offices--from the local sheriff to the governor and members of Congress.

When poll taxes, literacy tests, "grandfather clauses," and "white primaries" did not stop blacks from registering and voting, intimidation often did the job. An African-American citizen attempting to exercise his right to vote would often be threatened with losing his job. Denial of credit, threats of eviction, and verbal abuse by white voting clerks also prevented black Southerners from voting. When all else failed, mob violence and even lynching kept black people away from the ballot box.

As a result of intimidation, violence, and racial discrimination in state voting laws, a mere 3 percent of voting-age black men and women in the South were registered to vote in 1940. In Mississippi, under 1 percent were registered. Most blacks who did vote lived in the larger cities of the South.

By not having the power of the ballot, African Americans in the South had little influence in their communities. They did not hold elected offices. They had no say in how much their taxes would be or what laws would be passed. They had little, if any, control over local police, courts, or public schools. They, in effect, were denied their rights as citizens.

Attempts to change this situation were met with animosity and outright violence. But in the 1950s, the civil rights movement developed. Facing enormous hostility, black people in the South organized to demand their rights guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution. They launched voter registration drives in many Southern communities.

In the early 1960s, black and white protesters, called Freedom Riders, came from the North to join in demonstrations throughout the South. In some places, crowds attacked them while white police officers looked on.

Medgar Evers, the black veteran stopped by a white mob from voting, became a civil rights leader in his native Mississippi. Because of his civil rights activities, he was shot and killed in front of his home by a white segregationist in 1963.

But through the efforts of local civil rights leaders like Medgar Evers and other Americans, about 43 percent of adult black men and women were registered to vote in the South by 1964. That same year, the 24th Amendment was ratified. It outlawed poll taxes in federal elections. (The U.S. Supreme Court later ruled that all poll taxes are unconstitutional.)

White supremacists, however, still fiercely resisted voting by African Americans. Black voter registration in Alabama was only 23 percent, while in neighboring Mississippi less than 7 percent of voting-age blacks were registered.

A major event in the civil rights movement soon brought an end to voting discrimination. Early in 1965, a county sheriff clamped down on a black voter registration campaign in Selma, Alabama. Deputies arrested and jailed protesting black teachers and 800 schoolchildren. The leaders of the voter registration drive decided to organize a protest march from Selma to Montgomery, the capital of Alabama.

On March 7, 1965, about 600 black and white civil rights protesters passed through Selma and began to cross the Edmund Pettus Bridge spanning the Alabama River. They were met on the other side by a large force of Alabama state troopers, who ordered the marchers to return to Selma. When the marchers refused to turn back, the troopers attacked, some on horseback, knocking down people and beating them with clubs. This was all filmed by TV news cameras and shown that evening to a shocked American public.

The Selma march pushed the federal government to pass legislation to enforce the right of black citizens to vote. A few days after the violence at Selma, President Lyndon Johnson introduced the Voting Rights Act of 1965 before a joint session of Congress. Johnson declared, "it is not just Negroes, but it's really all of us who must overcome the crippling legacy of bigotry and injustice."

The Voting Rights Act, signed into law by President Johnson on August 6, 1965, suspended literacy and other tests in counties and states showing evidence of voter discrimination. These counties and states also were prohibited from creating new voter requirements that denied citizens their right to vote. Moreover, in the areas covered by the act, federal examiners replaced local clerks in registering voters.

The Voting Rights Act of 1965 ended the practices that had denied African Americans the right to vote in Southern states. Registration of black voters in the South jumped from 43 percent in 1964 to 66 percent by the end of the decade. This represented an increase of more than a million new African American voters who could finally claim their right to vote.​

I'm aware of all this. I'm just saying that, by law, blacks had the right to vote.

I answered your question. But you are dumb. You asked me a stupid question because you want to victim blame and deny things. Everything this article mentions you do. Specifically this one:

Lastly, white people don’t want to acknowledge the empirical fact of discrimination. Even if you pretend the crimes against African Americans before the Civil Rights Act are unrelated to African American problems today, there is still an abundance of evidence for racism’s existence today. From housing discrimination, red-lining, police brutality, racial profiling, the wage gap, the wealth gap, the college admissions gap, the employment gap, the school to prison pipeline, mass incarceration, and more, you don’t have to be a liberal loon to admit the objective reality of racism against African Americans in the United States of America in 2016, you just have to look at the facts.

That's why you asked those questions.
You arent being abused, thats why you wont answer. All you are capable of doing is cutting and pasting from the internet, not showing that you have suffered. You do complain alot about racism. Racism has not ended, i doubt it ever will, but you call virtually ever white poster on here a racist, you are a liar.

You are truly a stupid person Molly. I am 57 years old. In my life I have endured every abuse on that list, except sexual abuse, from whites. Every black person living in America can say the same thing. Your favorite black conservatives included. In all cases of abuse, the person who has been abused develops ways of dealing with it. They are called coping mechanisms. Whites like you would call this getting past racism.. But no one gets past racism, we learn how to cope with it. Your favorite black conservative is practicing a maladaptive way of coping with racism. And you guys just go along and support a person mentally self destructing, you guys tell us that's who we need to be like. I don't know why I'm trying to explain this to you because you don't understand a word but at least I tried.

You see Molly, all you do here is try telling us how whites are getting screwed and how backs are just as racist. Your example to newsvbine for example. Here you say you have heard that blacks don't like you because you are white and that A black person said blacks were superior. So in your mind these are the same things as a system created by whites where they control the resources and information to the extent of enforcing their belief in white supremacy. We as blacks do not look at racism as you do. YOU appear to only see it as an individual act, we see it as a system. One black psi saying that blacks are superior is not the same as a 5-4 supreme court decision that erases provisions of the voting rights act. It is not the same as a 6-1 city council vote by whites on a council denying resources to community organizations that serve the black community.

" For example, in 2008, for the first time in history, the black voter turnout rate nearly equaled that of whites, and the turnout of voters of all races making less than $15,000 nearly doubled. “While the number of whites who voted remained roughly the same as it had been in the 2004 election,” she says, “two million more African Americans, two million additional Hispanics, and 600,000 more Asians cast their ballots in 2008.”

The GOP, “trapped between a demographically declining support base and an ideological straitjacket . . . reached for a tried and true weapon: disfranchisement.” Anderson notes that despite the rarity of voter fraud, state after state began requiring voters to have documents such as bank statements, utility bills and W-2 forms, which African Americans, Latinos, the young and other economically disadvantaged people are less likely than others to possess.

Then, in 2013 the Supreme Court voted 5 to 4 to strike down a key part of the Voting Rights Act that for decades had protected African Americans from blatant disfranchisement. Since the ruling, 22 states have passed voter-restriction statutes. Anderson also argues that white resistance to the Supreme Court’s landmark Brown v. Board of Education decision explains why, six decades later, black children largely remain trapped in segregated and unequal schools."

Is white rage driving our racial divide?

A black person telling you they don't like you because you are white is not the same thing as this. Your feelings are hurt, but your life is not impacted in the manner as having to face things like this. If white racism was just a .a white person telling me that blacks suck, It wouldn't matter. But it's not, its involves far more than that. And you need to learn the difference.

And molly, what's he name of this section of USMB? So why are you whining about how I am complaining about race? You don't do this to whites here, so then why are you now so suddenly concerned with someone discussing race in the race and racism section of a forum?
And no, i am not stupid. Name calling shows that at 57, you still have a lot to learn about having civil conversations. And when whites have said they want a white history month, i disagreed, i said if blacks want a history month, whats the problem? I dont agree with all white posters but they usually dont start the nasty name calling, they respond to your nasty posts,

Molly. I can hold civil conversations with the best of them. So if my conversation with you is not civil then consider he fact that your posts are un civil. IMO you are stupid. It's either that or purposefully annoying. Because presented how backs have been abused and you ask a dumb question about w is abusing me and how. I said blacks have been wronged by public policy and you ask what pubic policy. If you were so intelligent you understand what abuse, you understand what pubic policies. If you are so intelligent you scrap the line you use to deny current racism with how everything is in the past like the effects of such past policies just dssapppear and have no effct. So in my opinion that's a stupid way of loking at things. It's ignorant and you only do this nrgards to race. I am willing to bet all my money that if we discussed any other topic but racism by whites, you would be fully cognizant of how past polices impact people today.

So because I know what you are doing and am tired of whites doing it, you get bad language hat you made happen because if yourown purposeful obstinence. Now of course you will deny you do this, and I'm going to watch you prove this prediction true in your next post.
You are the one with issues. You put yourself on a pedestal. You always post about the wrongs from history, I agree blacks were wronged and oppressed and abused. I asked who is abusing you now. I am not stupid but if it makes you feel superior, just keep believing your own lies.
It’s a fair question. I see black people at the mostly white dog park I go to. They are all nice and have nice dogs. No one bothers them in fact some of us try a little harder to make sure they feel welcomed.

If it were an all black neighborhood, you know it wouldn’t be safe for a white person to go to that hood park. Hell it’s not even safe for black people. That’s why they don’t have dog parks in Detroit. A great example is how the black youth took over bell isle in Detroit. This girl fight broke out and they beat the girl so bad she dove in the dangerous river to get away and drown. The city has since cleaned up the park. I don’t know if kids still party there in the summer but I think it’s a much safer place now

LMAO. This so called "moron" certainly has you putting forth a lot of effort to defend yourself.
Not only that but all they spend their time doing is picking apart what others have stated instead of offering anything in support of their own positions. They have nothing of substance to offer to defend the position that they've taken up, will attempt to confine the debate to a narrow subset that they feel they can make points on while completely ignoring the overall picture of the disparate impact that these laws have had on people of African descent.

And the double standard is on glaring display here as well. It takes how many of them to try and defend their position against just IM2 and you? :)

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
If it were an all black neighborhood, you know it wouldn’t be safe for a white person to go to that hood park. Hell it’s not even safe for black people. That’s why they don’t have dog parks in Detroit. A great example is how the black youth took over bell isle in Detroit. This girl fight broke out and they beat the girl so bad she dove in the dangerous river to get away and drown. The city has since cleaned up the park. I don’t know if kids still party there in the summer but I think it’s a much safer place now
So you don't think there are any affluent and safe black neighborhoods?

You're a white racist troll. You've not shown the national policy of anti white discrimination. You have not shown by peer reviewed evidence when racism ended. You have not shown where the white right to vote in any way shape or form was ever up for a congressional vote, to protect that right or provisions thereof.. You haven't shown one amendment that was ever made to protect the white right to vote.

Someone should let this cat IM2 know that white students were victims of reverse racism when they were forced to go to the majority black schools during the civil rights movement or act that forced that to happen.

Many whites actually dropped out of school during the time period all due to not wanting to be subjected to the racism they were to face at these schools when forced to go there as students. They became pawns in a government experiment to then stop racism or to stop the separation of whites and blacks in all things government where government was in control.

This was one of the areas where whites made more sacrifices in the struggle, whether it was sacrificing their educations to keep from being abused or sticking it out because they actually believed that the experiment could work, and it did work as they also gave sacrifice in the situation to make sure that it did.

Whites and blacks suffered greatly during the period of transformation, and to suggest that no whites suffered is a testiment that some people are either liars or just ignorant as to the entire situation that took place back then.

I was bused to a predominately white school during that era, and I do not have fond memories of it. A number of black students that were sent there dropped out, and one even committed suicide.

My parents marched in the civil rights movement and endured all of the abuse that other protesters did, and then some.

Speaking for myself, everyone made sacrifices during that era.

Many whites including the ones down in Mississippi sacrificed their lives for the black struggle, and to negate that fact like IM2 does here flies into the face of all who sacrificed or we're sacrificed upon the alter of civil rights be it black or white who believed that all men are created equal, and were endowed by their creator etc.

I said, "speaking for myself, everyone sacrificed"..that includes everyone who was impacted in some way, in spite of their race.

I know you don't need me to speak for you so I won't. What I will say is that am tired of these white people here who have chosen to diminish what we have endured in every instance to make claims of how whites have suffered and how we need to be grateful to them as the small numbers of whites who worked with blacks are the exclusive reason why we got freedom or civil rights.
Seems like you are tired of white people, period!

So, why invent the silliness of claiming to think that me and her are the same poster?

It was an excuse, that you know you desperately need, to ignore her arguments, which utterly kicked your ass.

The only thing that I "need" here is a few laughs. And you have fullfilled that need .

And, I did not invent anything. You did. Another screen name.

lol!!! YOu claim you didn't invent an excuse, and then you keep pushing the excuse.

What a moron you are.

LMAO. This so called "moron" certainly has you putting forth a lot of effort to defend yourself.

I'm not the one claiming not to care, and then posting post after post, page after page.

I don't care about what you think or say

But, watching you have a menstrual cycle over what IM2 said, and whining to me about it is entertaining. I've responded to you, just to fuck with you, because you actually appear to take this seriously.

I called IM2 on his bullshit, and correctly so. He lied.

YOu jumped in to defend his lie and I called you on it, and rightfully so. YOu are defending an obvious lie

Your spinning of that, as "whining" is just you being a dishonest asshole. Fuck you.

Are you admitting, with your "just to fuck with you" that you are knowing lying and being a troll and an asshole?

I didn't lie about shit. You are nothing. A troll. I, Katsteve and other blacks are here in a all white forum challenging your racism. But you are a pussy, you won't do the same and enter an all black forum running your mouth like you do here. You are a coward. You have no credibility. .

1. You claimed that the 2006 vote was a renewal of the black right to vote. THat was a lie.

2. I constantly address your claims seriously and honestly. That is the opposite of a troll. YOu calling me a troll is another lie.

3. "All white forum"? LOL!!!! Support that bullshit or do you just want to admit that it is just another lie?

4. YOu don't challenge my racism, because I am not racist. I challenge you on issues, and your only defense is to insult me because your polices are wrong, and you can't defend them based on their merits.

5 ALso, as you falsely called me an asshole, I will now honestly call you one. YOu are a race baiting asshole.

7. There is no physical danger for any of us, on an internet forum. It is stupid to call me a coward.

8. My credibility is fine. I never lie, and anyone who is not a self deluding asshole, can see that.

I was bused to a predominately white school during that era, and I do not have fond memories of it. A number of black students that were sent there dropped out, and one even committed suicide.

My parents marched in the civil rights movement and endured all of the abuse that other protesters did, and then some.

katie, has, sort of, admitted that he is just here to fuck with people, for entertainment purposes.

He has no concern about his credibility or doing anything here except amusing himself by being a troll asshole.

So, pointing out the Truth to him, about what an ass IM2 is being, is of no importance to Katie.

He is just here to fuck with you for his asshole amusement.

The only thing that I "need" here is a few laughs. And you have fullfilled that need .

And, I did not invent anything. You did. Another screen name.

lol!!! YOu claim you didn't invent an excuse, and then you keep pushing the excuse.

What a moron you are.

I'm not the one claiming not to care, and then posting post after post, page after page.

I don't care about what you think or say

But, watching you have a menstrual cycle over what IM2 said, and whining to me about it is entertaining. I've responded to you, just to fuck with you, because you actually appear to take this seriously.

I called IM2 on his bullshit, and correctly so. He lied.

YOu jumped in to defend his lie and I called you on it, and rightfully so. YOu are defending an obvious lie

Your spinning of that, as "whining" is just you being a dishonest asshole. Fuck you.

Are you admitting, with your "just to fuck with you" that you are knowing lying and being a troll and an asshole?

No. I'm not lying. And not a troll. YOU are an asshole, and you're an effeminate whiner.

Fuck off.

It is not irrational of me to comment on what I have seen you doing.

It is irrational of YOU to claim that it is. INsanely so.

One does not have to be a moderator, to point out that you have been defending, IM2.

It is utterly stupid and obviously a lie, for you to deny that.

But, I guess you had to say SOMETHING to avoid admitting what I said.

Which I will repost here, because you haven't addressed anything I said, at all.

IM2 lied about the 2006 vote. You defended his lie. That undermines your credibility.

Those are facts, plain to see, and your denial is irrational.

My "credibility" in a forum of strangers is not important to me. This site serves 2 purposes:

Entertainment, and an occasional reminder of some of the kind of dreck that is still in this world, and on occasion I agree with certain people, and have utter disdain for others.

What IM2 posts, you can discuss with him. What I choose to endorse, is my choice, and if you have a problem with that, too bad.
And what are your plans for those drecks that are (to your surprise), still in this world ?? The crazy thing is, is that ones biases can be so engrained due to a possible brainwashed up bringing, that everything can look as code talk or be suspect to one for all of ones life. How to undo that sort of damage on either side of the coin is a challenge for everyone.

Hopefully cool and intelligent people will always prevail in this country.

After 40 years in the work force managing people, I learned several things:

Listen more, talk less, but if you are in a position to implement positive change, lead the effort to do so through your own actions.

Im retired, so I pass on as much as I can to the people that really matter to me.

This message board can be entertaining, but in reference to what I see here that I don't like, it is only a reminder of some of what I have seen in the past, as well as a reminder to never stop teaching the younger people in my family what to pay attention to.

Yeah, you really listen a lot here. ANd talk less.

True. But there are some here that I don't listen to at all. You're one of them

I doubt that.

You've admitted that you are just here to amuse yourself, by fucking with people.

You don't care about your credibility. THat is an admission that you are comfortable lying and being an asshole.

So, for all I know, you care the MOST about what I say, because you can't refute a single thing I say.

And are just lying, because you don't care about your credibility.

And are just here to fuck with people. Your words, troll.

katie, has, sort of, admitted that he is just here to fuck with people, for entertainment purposes.

He has no concern about his credibility or doing anything here except amusing himself by being a troll asshole.

So, pointing out the Truth to him, about what an ass IM2 is being, is of no importance to Katie.

I talk to decent people decently. You are not one of them. You have a pattern.

You constantly refer to practically every black poster here as "race baiters", and push a never ending whinefest claiming "anti white discrimination".

So yes, ASSHOLE. I do fuck with YOU( no one else purposely)
because you are quite irritating.....like a fly that won't go away.

ROFLMAO! You are obviously a desperate, weak and very small person.

Now you're trying to tell other people why I'm here?

Funny as hell!

Last edited:
My "credibility" in a forum of strangers is not important to me. This site serves 2 purposes:

Entertainment, and an occasional reminder of some of the kind of dreck that is still in this world, and on occasion I agree with certain people, and have utter disdain for others.

What IM2 posts, you can discuss with him. What I choose to endorse, is my choice, and if you have a problem with that, too bad.
And what are your plans for those drecks that are (to your surprise), still in this world ?? The crazy thing is, is that ones biases can be so engrained due to a possible brainwashed up bringing, that everything can look as code talk or be suspect to one for all of ones life. How to undo that sort of damage on either side of the coin is a challenge for everyone.

Hopefully cool and intelligent people will always prevail in this country.

After 40 years in the work force managing people, I learned several things:

Listen more, talk less, but if you are in a position to implement positive change, lead the effort to do so through your own actions.

Im retired, so I pass on as much as I can to the people that really matter to me.

This message board can be entertaining, but in reference to what I see here that I don't like, it is only a reminder of some of what I have seen in the past, as well as a reminder to never stop teaching the younger people in my family what to pay attention to.

Yeah, you really listen a lot here. ANd talk less.

True. But there are some here that I don't listen to at all. You're one of them

I doubt that.

You've admitted that you are just here to amuse yourself, by fucking with people.

You don't care about your credibility. THat is an admission that you are comfortable lying and being an asshole.

So, for all I know, you care the MOST about what I say, because you can't refute a single thing I say.

And are just lying, because you don't care about your credibility.

And are just here to fuck with people. Your words, troll.

I said that "I Fuck with YOU", because you are irritating....not people in general here, so stop lying.

Someone needs to let you know that I started school in 1966. The black school in our town was closed. No one white was forced to go to a black school here. We were forced to go to the formerly all white schools and endured racism from white kids, white parents, teachers and administrators. White kids got anger from blacks because of the way whites treaded blacks and from the open opposition whites had to their kids going to n word schools and how hey did not want their children exposed to n words. A lot of whites dropped out because they did not want to be around blacks. I say whites have not suffered because what was going on was the assurance if equality regardless of race which whites opposed. How anyone can say whites suffered because the country was trying to make things equal for all people is a wee bit much.
Well it shows just how one sided your history is, and yes white students who were taught by their parents to fear the blacks and black culture back then, may have been confused until they met black racist who confirmed their worst fears about them. Then they met those blacks who were willing to give the white kids a chance and vice-versa the same for the black kids who were forced to go to the white schools, and found those whites who were willing to give the black kids a chance aside from the resistance they may have endured as well.

In all of this, yes sacrifices were made on both sides, and yes there is going to always be people who don't like each other's culture or cultural habits, but that doesn't mean that American's can't get along in the public square as American's.

The black school in your area closed, so no whites were forced to go there, but if they would have been forced to go there, and they would have met you, then all I can say is "Lord help them"... That would have been the three words of the day in regards to them in that situation.

You might need to re asses what you have learned about history if you think I am one sided. Because your story is dishonest. You see I know what I experienced from whites all the way through the time I graduated from college. Had whites in our town been made to go to the .black school, we would have faced the same racism. Thy didn't want to do it, so they decided o close the school. That's how far the white racism went here. And what you don't want to tell us is that whites were bused to lack schools full of racist beliefs and when they expressed them they got taught lessons for ding so. .I'm sure that white kid bought up being taught how inferior and stupid blacks are accepted the black teachers authority, You don't want talk about that, whites were just discriminated against only because they were white accord to your story.

You actually have the audacity to think that a people bullied for their entire lives by whites are just all going to be nice and accepting of whites. .And the thing about your commentary is that you tell us how whites and blacks have sacrificed but only blacks should be grateful to whites. The title of this thread is are blacks more racist than whites. You guys claim we are based on nothing but anecdotal evidence. We have cited laws, policies, and documented historical fact showing a minimum 241 year consistent record of racial hatred by whites against black people.

Voting in Mississippi

Good lawdy... Anyone reading these books ?? How did this turn into a right to vote thread ?? Did the original opt finally get an answer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back