bripat9643: Dumbest liberal statements in USMB "Demand creates jobs"

If "demand" creates jobs, then rain creates umbrellas.

What a stupid response. Why would anyone need umbrellas if there were no rain?

So you actually think rain creates umbrellas?

Yes, most of them, as someone pointed out, some are made as sun umbrellas, but the vast majority are made because people demand something to prevent the rain from falling on their heads other than a hat or newspaper or magazine (which gets destroyed after one use).

To prevent sunburn.

I just knew someone would mention sun umbrellas, but hey, it still means there was and is a demand for umbrellas and that is why we have them.

I never said there wasn't a demand, did I. I will, however, point out, again, that the OP is wrong, demand is not the reason jobs exist.

I just knew someone would mention sun umbrellas, but hey, it still means there was and is a demand for umbrellas and that is why we have them.

I never said there wasn't a demand, did I. I will, however, point out, again, that the OP is wrong, demand is not the reason jobs exist.

Shouldn't this thread be in the humor forum?

Rdean should have his only subsection of the Conspiracy Theories.

Clearly this is beyond your caliber of comprehension. His point, is that a demand for something doesn't create the product. Demand is only a starting point for which production can be signaled. Demand itself creates nothing but demand. In order to fulfill that demand, someone needs to invent and/or invest capital in order to create a supply. Demand does not make any of that so. There is a high demand for a cure for cancer. Where is the cure with so much demand?

:cuckoo:

So you are saying there is a connection between demand and jobs? That demand is a starting point? That without demand, there would be no jobs?

No. he's saying that you're an incorrigible moron. You are immune to logic.

If you can't improve the silence, stay quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the wage gap is so wide and so many rich are really mega rich, why aren't we drowning in jobs? They certainly have enough money to create jobs.

Of course, everyone is ignoring the supply side of the equation. The process is a balance between supply and demand. So if rdean supplies too much stupidity, the price of stupidity goes down....which affects demand...

Last edited:

If people don't buy, how long will those jobs last?

I provided a thoughtful example of why demand does not create jobs, did you miss it, or just ignore it?

Are you saying that people in Sierra Leone, Congo and Liberia don't DEMAND?

Clearly this is beyond your caliber of comprehension. His point, is that a demand for something doesn't create the product. Demand is only a starting point for which production can be signaled. Demand itself creates nothing but demand. In order to fulfill that demand, someone needs to invent and/or invest capital in order to create a supply. Demand does not make any of that so. There is a high demand for a cure for cancer. Where is the cure with so much demand?

Why is so much money spent looking for a cure? And some forms of cancer have been cured. Do keep up.

STFU Deany, you have never known shit about shinola...

Remission? Yes, cure, not yet...

I would say keep up, but that would mean you had a clue...

I provided a thoughtful example of why demand does not create jobs, did you miss it, or just ignore it?

There is no thoughtful example. Every job that ever existed started with demand. Every job. If anyone gets paid for anything, they are fulfilling a demand. How could anyone not know that?

Why is so much money spent looking for a cure? And some forms of cancer have been cured. Do keep up.

STFU Deany, you have never known shit about shinola...

Remission? Yes, cure, not yet...

I would say keep up, but that would mean you had a clue...

You could say every disease anyone had is in remission. Who's to say it won't come back? And over a third of Americans get cancer.

Say someone had melanoma. They get treatment for it. It doesn't come back for the rest of their life. Were they cured or was it merely in remission? What does it matter? It was gone. They never had it again.

But this thread is about "demand" being the foundation for every job that ever existed. Without demand, you will never have supply. Without demand, nothing will be "made" to be sold. Because there is no demand for it. You can't state it any more simple than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBx2Y5HhplI&feature=youtu.be

There is no thoughtful example. Every job that ever existed started with demand. Every job. If anyone gets paid for anything, they are fulfilling a demand. How could anyone not know that?

Really? Where was the demand for the smartphone before Apple invented it?

Clearly this is beyond you caliber of your comprehension. Without demand, there is no motivation to produce a product that will answer that demand. Demand is the very beginning of the production and profit process.
The cancer comparison is particularly out of touch with reality. The demand for a cure for cancer has produced millions of jobs and actually resulted in the cure or treatment of many cancers and a better understanding of the causes of many cancers.

For about the umpteenth time...demand does not mean production will begin or that jobs will be created. It is the anticipation of profit that induces investment of capital. You could have HUGE demand for a product or a service but if there is no profit anticipation then you're not going to get anyone to risk their capital to meet that demand.

Deanie keeps starting this same idiotic thread...over...and over...and over...and over again! Then people wonder why progressives have such a hard time creating jobs? Well of course they're going to struggle at it...THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND BASIC ECONOMIC CONCEPTS!

Clearly this is beyond you caliber of your comprehension. Without demand, there is no motivation to produce a product that will answer that demand. Demand is the very beginning of the production and profit process.
The cancer comparison is particularly out of touch with reality. The demand for a cure for cancer has produced millions of jobs and actually resulted in the cure or treatment of many cancers and a better understanding of the causes of many cancers.

For about the umpteenth time...demand does not mean production will begin or that jobs will be created. It is the anticipation of profit that induces investment of capital. You could have HUGE demand for a product or a service but if there is no profit anticipation then you're not going to get anyone to risk their capital to meet that demand.

Deanie keeps starting this same idiotic thread...over...and over...and over...and over again! Then people wonder why progressives have such a hard time creating jobs? Well of course they're going to struggle at it...THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND BASIC ECONOMIC CONCEPTS!

You mean like "supply" and "DEMAND", the foundation of all economics?

Economics Basics: Supply and Demand | Investopedia

Supply and demand is perhaps one of the most fundamental concepts of economics and it is the backbone of a market economy.

--------------------------

How these right wingers love to defend stupid. They are like Superman's "bizarro's" come to life.

your statement seems to indicate a lack of understanding. 1. there will be no production unless there is demand. 2. prices are set based on the cost per unit and the operating costs of the business. profit occurs at the point at which demand meets manufacturing goals.

rightwingnut yapping from someone who CLEARLY doesn't understand ECONOMIC CONCEPTS (thought i'd capitalize that since you seem to think you said something by doing so).

but nice rightwingnut talking points.

your statement seems to indicate a lack of understanding. 1. there will be no production unless there is demand. 2. prices are set based on the cost per unit and the operating costs of the business. profit occurs at the point at which demand meets manufacturing goals.

rightwingnut yapping from someone who CLEARLY doesn't understand ECONOMIC CONCEPTS (thought i'd capitalize that since you seem to think you said something by doing so).

but nice rightwingnut talking points.

YOUR THE KIND OF IDIOT calling obama's record welfare and food stamps "forward progress"

you have no business accusing others of not understanding economic concepts

do your parents know you're here embarrassing yourself?

Forum List

Back