Budget

Amazing how many people think an $18 trillion national debt is responsible fiscal policy.

How do you want to pay it down?

It's quite simple. You spend less money than you take in.

all the Presidents that left deficits should have thought of that .... :eusa_whistle:
Deficits?? Meaningless word.
The country has only debt... We have spent much more than we can ever pay back.

Amazing how many people think an $18 trillion national debt is responsible fiscal policy.

Good idea

Do you support both cutting spending and increasing taxes?

No, because we don't need to increase taxes. The government doesn't need $4 trillion a year to effectively run the country.

Just what I expected
Another conservative who is not serious about reducing debt

We have the lowest tax rates in 75 years and conservatives refuse to touch it

I am willing to pay more in taxes and get fewer benefits if it is applied to debt
Are you willing to take the same pledge?

Last edited:
There's just not a way to truly cut Soc Sec and Medicare over the short 10-15 year term, because the boomers age out of work. I'm sure there is a bipartisan support for increasing the age and reducing cost of living raises. In fact, the deal on the table now increases costs to seniors.

Norquist, the Kochs and the 140 or so families who own the GOP have a core belief they should not pay more of the burden. So there's not going to be a rate increase. Whether tax expenditures can be cut .....?
Those 140 or so familys total wealth is a drop in the ocean compaired to the country's debt, taking that does nothing but make the do gooders "feel" good... Dumb a$$

all the Presidents that left deficits should have thought of that .... :eusa_whistle:

psssssssssst ... our debt is the total of past deficits ... study up !

and you might have an argument against SS if SS was actually part of the Federal Budget, which it isn't.

heed the advice of getting out of the way...

No, because we don't need to increase taxes. The government doesn't need $4 trillion a year to effectively run the country.
If social security and Medicare are to remain essentially as they are, their revenues must be increased. Their taxes must be increased.

Social Security and Medicare are the top two spending items. Drastic cuts to those are going to make a lot of people very angry and scared.
A mistake already baked in the cake, no turning back.

We are screwed...

Embrace the suck
Yeah, we're screwed if a significant block of legislators says "no tax increases period". As long as compromise remains a bad word, we are royally screwed unless the unlikely event of absolute power occurs.
Well, the blue dogs are all but gone, a good thing.
Poach more Rinos, finish the job.
So you're an anarchist nihilist. Nice to know that at least some of the Tea party extremist right winger backing is based on that nonsense. Should make it easier to vote the fools out in 2016.
The left is just the opposite of the right just better at kicking the spineless out of the ranks, as it should be.

There's just not a way to truly cut Soc Sec and Medicare over the short 10-15 year term, because the boomers age out of work. I'm sure there is a bipartisan support for increasing the age and reducing cost of living raises. In fact, the deal on the table now increases costs to seniors.

Norquist, the Kochs and the 140 or so families who own the GOP have a core belief they should not pay more of the burden. So there's not going to be a rate increase. Whether tax expenditures can be cut .....?
Those 140 or so familys total wealth is a drop in the ocean compaired to the country's debt, taking that does nothing but make the do gooders "feel" good... Dumb a$$
Look cum face, you're too fucking economically illiterate to even understand deficits and econ growth as your post about paying back the debt illustrates. So here's the deal. Fucking ignore me, you fuck, as I ignore you.

and you might have an argument against SS if SS was actually part of the Federal Budget, which it isn't.

Waste of time.

There is over $80 trillion in personal household wealth in this country, most controlled by 5% of the population

You have no concept of what you are talking about

Good idea

Just what I expected

I am willing to pay more in taxes and get fewer benefits if it is applied to debt

Let's have the federal government make the first move and commit to spending much less, after all they are suppose to work for us not the other way around.

Dirty rotten bastards

Waste of time.

maybe not ... the longer these idiots argue about the things they don't understand, the dumber they prove to be, and the less capable they are of being in any form of power ...

There is over $80 trillion in personal household wealth in this country, most controlled by 5% of the population

You have no concept of what you are talking about
Ya, it's theirs not the federal government's... Dumb a$$

Waste of time.

maybe not ... the longer these idiots argue about the things they don't understand, the dumber they prove to be, and the less capable they are of being in any form of power ...
Easy don't spend anymore till past DEBT is gone... Wait it's already too late for that.

Like I said we ALL are living on borrowed time and money, dummy can't you see the game is already over.
There is no make up game, the season is over... Dumb a$$

Look cum face, you're too fucking economically illiterate to even understand deficits and econ growth as your post about paying back the debt illustrates. So here's the deal. Fucking ignore me, you fuck, as I ignore you.
Another pussy hurt'n...

Waste of time.

ok, fine. I stand corrected. Mea culpa.

Good idea

Just what I expected

Let's have the federal government make the first move and commit to spending much less, after all they are suppose to work for us not the other way around.

Dirty rotten bastards

Again why tie one hand behind your back if you are serious about cutting debt? Make everyone sacrifice. Hit BOTH taxes and spending and apply the added revenue to debt relief

Why are you such a pussy when it comes to debt?
What spending that helps you are you willing to cut?
Why won't you agree to raising your own taxes?

I don't think you progressives know what the war of attrition is??

Make it so one side or the other has everything to lose, winner take all mentality. That way either side fight to the bitter end.

The winning side can do what they want, the losing side lick their wounds and try to recover, if they can't so be it. Start over.

Make it so one side or the other has everything to lose, winner take all mentality. That way either side fight to the bitter end.

The winning side can do what they want, the losing side lick their wounds and try to recover, if they can't so be it. Start over.

What are you babbling about?

With your constant whining about debt, what is your plan for attacking our debt?

What are you babbling about?

With your constant whining about debt, what is your plan for attacking our debt?
Nothing can be done about the debt, a solution is too far gone.

The country is gone, most just have not realized it yet.
Whatever happens in the next election matters not, either way will divide the country all the more. Sh!t happens

Forum List

Back