Can anyone please tell me if the liberals are claiming that no democrat has ever tried to dig dirt?

Hillary was busted with 700 FBI files on her "enemies" list. You Dems need to grow up.
No she wasn't
LOL, sure she was, she had one her patsies take the fall for it.
Feel free to document your assertions.

Just because you weren't alive yet doesn't mean it didn't happen ;) Like always someone else took the fall, it's the way she works.
Just as I thought. ..you are just spouting your inner feelings. You must
Be a JEDI with that kind of clairvoyance.

LOL, meaning you weren't alive yet and are to ignorant to want to know. More than 700 files, poor Craig Livingstone had to take the fall for her.

Conservatives keep missing the point

Wah...wah.....wah.......Democrats try to dig up dirt too! <sob>

The point is the Russians offered Lil Donnie secret information about Hillary and he jumped at it. The same Russians who were under economic sanctions at the time, the same Russians being led by Vladimir Putin

And Lil Donnie jumped at the chance

And NO..........You can't say anyone else would have done the same

Things of value means stuff like cars, jewelry, property. Again you idiots stretch a definition to get your desired poltiical goal.

Information is something of value, especially if it was being offered as a quid-pro-quo.

Courts have never come to that conclusion.

And after 2-3 days this "scandal" is dying off just like all the others.
opposition research costs every campaign boo-coos of money, there is a VALUE to it....all lawyers I heard discussing it on the news said there is value to opposition research....

Things of value means stuff like cars, jewelry, property. Again you idiots stretch a definition to get your desired poltiical goal.

Information is something of value, especially if it was being offered as a quid-pro-quo.

opposition research costs every campaign boo-coos of money, there is a VALUE to it....all lawyers I heard discussing it on the news said there is value to opposition research....

I suggest you broaden your reading...

Opinion | The strikingly broad consequences of the argument that Donald Trump Jr. broke the law by expressing interest in Russian dirt on Hillary Clinton

As I argued Wednesday, though, reading “thing of value” to include such politically damaging information would outlaw a broad range of constitutionally protected opposition research. Such a reading would therefore make the statute unconstitutionally overbroad, in violation of the First Amendment; the statute must therefore be read to avoid such an unconstitutional result, by interpreting “thing of value” to exclude such information. Even if a narrower statute — for instance, one focused on speech by foreign governments and not just by foreign nationals — could forbid such communications (and I doubt that it can), this statute cannot be constitutionally read to do so.

So, imagine that a foreigner — say, a Turkish businessman — thinks that President Trump did something bad (say, in building a Trump hotel in Turkey). Maybe the bad thing was criminal but not something the Turkish government wants to prosecute, or maybe it was just unsavory even if not criminal. In any case, the Turk assembles the evidence. It’s important evidence, which would be valuable for American voters to consider.

Under the “information as thing of value” theory, it would be a crime for the Turk to give the information to the Trump campaign, since that would be an illegal contribution. (That’s the very premise of the argument against Trump Jr. that I’m discussing.)

So instead, he decides to give it to the New York Times, hoping the Times writes about this and gives Trump the comeuppance that (in the Turkish businessman’s mind) Trump deserves. Yet that, too, is a crime (again, accepting the thing-of-value theory): The gift of the “thing of value” to the New York Times, done, “for the purpose of influencing [an] election for Federal office” is itself an illegal expenditure.

Opinion | The strikingly broad consequences of the argument that Donald Trump Jr. broke the law by expressing interest in Russian dirt on Hillary Clinton

As I argued Wednesday, though, reading “thing of value” to include such politically damaging information would outlaw a broad range of constitutionally protected opposition research. Such a reading would therefore make the statute unconstitutionally overbroad, in violation of the First Amendment; the statute must therefore be read to avoid such an unconstitutional result, by interpreting “thing of value” to exclude such information. Even if a narrower statute — for instance, one focused on speech by foreign governments and not just by foreign nationals — could forbid such communications (and I doubt that it can), this statute cannot be constitutionally read to do so.

So, imagine that a foreigner — say, a Turkish businessman — thinks that President Trump did something bad (say, in building a Trump hotel in Turkey). Maybe the bad thing was criminal but not something the Turkish government wants to prosecute, or maybe it was just unsavory even if not criminal. In any case, the Turk assembles the evidence. It’s important evidence, which would be valuable for American voters to consider.

Under the “information as thing of value” theory, it would be a crime for the Turk to give the information to the Trump campaign, since that would be an illegal contribution. (That’s the very premise of the argument against Trump Jr. that I’m discussing.)

So instead, he decides to give it to the New York Times, hoping the Times writes about this and gives Trump the comeuppance that (in the Turkish businessman’s mind) Trump deserves. Yet that, too, is a crime (again, accepting the thing-of-value theory): The gift of the “thing of value” to the New York Times, done, “for the purpose of influencing [an] election for Federal office” is itself an illegal expenditure.

the Turk was a business man....

Trump Jr agreed to get this information from a Russian Govt Lawyer as part of the Russian government's support for Donald Trump.

THE EMAILS STATE such, so the Turq example does not relate? not that I think JR committed a crime, I don't know yet, Mueller is investigating it.

Trump Jr agreed to get this information from a Russian Govt Lawyer as part of the Russian government's support for Donald Trump.

THE EMAILS STATE such, so the Turq example does not relate?

But your whole argument hinges on this having "value", and as I have shown by the LAWYER posting this information, the assignment of value to information is tenuous at best.

The point is the Russians offered Lil Donnie secret information about Hillary and he jumped at it. The same Russians who were under economic sanctions at the time, the same Russians being led by Vladimir Putin

The same Russians who churned out the fake Trump dossier which the Democrats jumped at, put on their newscasts for weeks and pretended was true until it was totally debunked... and no one ever questioned it.

The same Russians who contributed $2.3 million to the Clinton Foundation after Sec. of State Clinton signed off on 1/5 of our uranium deposits going to Russia. And no one ever questioned it.

The same Russians who paid Bill Clinton 20x more for a speech than normal. And no one ever said a word about it.

The same Russians who Obama whispered to on a hot mic, that he would be "more flexible" after the elections regarding sanctions. And not a word from the MSM about it.

The same Russians Ted Kennedy sent surrogates to in order to undermine Ronald Reagan's presidency. Again... nothing said by any Democrat.

Same Russians... different parties... different standards!

Actually were you paying attention the Russians dangled a carrot in order to get a meeting with him, as it turned out they had no "info". Of course we can say anyone would have done the same, what a stupid, clumsy attempt to control the narrative.

Is this what they are claiming? The best quote from JR was the fact that he loved it. I think that is funny as hell.

I don't listen to anything the left have to say. I am long done with all of their double standards, lies and petulant bullshit.

Are they claiming that democrats have never tried to dig up dirt on their political opponents?

Is this what they are saying? The best part about all of this is the dirt that we found out about their pants suit kuuunt is being ignored. By everyone. The actual crimes.
Name the time they asked the Ruskies for help getting the dirt.

Actually were you paying attention the Russians dangled a carrot in order to get a meeting with him, as it turned out they had no "info". Of course we can say anyone would have done the same, what a stupid, clumsy attempt to control the narrative.
Name the time the Russians gave direct intelligence to a dem to discredit a republican, Put up or die.

Name the time the Russians gave direct intelligence to a dem to discredit a republican, Put up or die.

If this is directed at me you are not an intelligent kid.

But your whole argument hinges on this having "value", and as I have shown by the LAWYER posting this information, the assignment of value to information is tenuous at best.
Lawyers...prosecutors vs defense lawyers, often disagree....so, we will see!

"His 2004 campaign for the Senate, against Barack Obama, received widespread media attention for the disclosure of sealed custody documents stemming from his divorce from actress Jeri Ryan. The unsealing of those documents, detailing allegations that Ryan had pressured his wife to perform sexual acts in public, led to Ryan's withdrawal from the campaign.[2]"

Jack Ryan (politician) - Wikipedia

Dumbasses.

If the "anti-trump" view of this situation took precedent no one would be able to provide information to anyone on any candidate. if information had value it would fall afoul of campaign finance regulations as well. CNN could be accused of providing aid to Democrats if they did research and got damaging information on a Republican Candidate.

The reason that conservatives miss the point about these fabulous fantasies is that there are no points, no facts, just loser feelings

If the "anti-trump" view of this situation took precedent no one would be able to provide information to anyone on any candidate. if information had value it would fall afoul of campaign finance regulations as well. CNN could be accused of providing aid to Democrats if they did research and got damaging information on a Republican Candidate.
under campaign finance laws, campaigns or PACS file their opposition research costs.

under campaign finance laws, campaigns or PACS file their opposition research costs.

Costs of people on Staff. This concerns volunteered information.

Dirt digging, national past time. what is worrying some people is if the dug dirt was/ is given to harm our country.

Forum List

Back