Death makes a deal with the Governor of Georgia

Less than 1% of gun murders are due to mass shootings where 80% of gun murders are due to gang activity.

More facts you're not interested in.
What variety of guns are used in gang activity? Bolt action rifles? Revolvers? No. gangs use the weapons I described.

Magazine size is a red herring as has been discussed ad infinitum

Any of those weapons you are so afraid of in the hands of law abiding people are no threat to you.
Until they are. Because as soon as one of those citizens snaps, the gun lovers will dismiss them as no longer law abiding and ignore the problem of more and more guns on the streets. You cannot douse a fire with gasoline anymore than you can reduce gun violence with more guns.

Last edited:
1274043_10152348561201880_7430933091130456142_o_zps02c96682.jpg

What you are selling is left wing propaganda. If Virginia had a similar law it might have prevented the worst school shooting in history in Va. Tech.

This is beyond protecting 2nd amendment rights. this is the promotion of a gun culture. And what has a gun culture wrought? Mass shootings. Not just the every day tragedies of gun violence, but MASS shootings. ?And what puts the "mass" in mass shootings? Guns not imagined on our streets until the gun culture lobby cleared a legislative path for them. Semi-automatic firing systems and high capacity ammunition magazines. Just like the guns the gun nuts see in their favorite action movies.

This gun culture spawns death. Why celebrate it?

Is the gun culture responsible for the hundreds of shooting in Chicago every week? You do know that guns are virtually banned in chitown, right?

But they are easy to get virtually every place else. And yes, the gun culture IS responsible for shootings everywhere. Before the flooding of our streets by cheap, semi-automatic guns with high capacity clips, it was improbable, impractical and virtually impossible to conduct drive by shootings and massacres in schools. The weapons available prior to the cheap semi-automatic could not wreak such destruction.

Do gun lovers see a connection between guns and gun violence?

If the so called gun culture existed in Chicago then people would be shooting back at the gangs.

It's the anti gun culture that is getting people killed because it is leaving them defenseless and dependent on government police that do not and cannot protect them.

This is beyond protecting 2nd amendment rights. this is the promotion of a gun culture. And what has a gun culture wrought? Mass shootings. Not just the every day tragedies of gun violence, but MASS shootings. ?And what puts the "mass" in mass shootings? Guns not imagined on our streets until the gun culture lobby cleared a legislative path for them. Semi-automatic firing systems and high capacity ammunition magazines. Just like the guns the gun nuts see in their favorite action movies.

Is the gun culture responsible for the hundreds of shooting in Chicago every week? You do know that guns are virtually banned in chitown, right?

But they are easy to get virtually every place else. And yes, the gun culture IS responsible for shootings everywhere. Before the flooding of our streets by cheap, semi-automatic guns with high capacity clips, it was improbable, impractical and virtually impossible to conduct drive by shootings and massacres in schools. The weapons available prior to the cheap semi-automatic could not wreak such destruction.

It is illegal to have a gun in Chicago or DC. The point I am making is that stricter gun laws increase gun violence because only criminals have guns.

liberal utopia = only criminals and the government have guns.

If the so called gun culture existed in Chicago then people would be shooting back at the gangs.

It's the anti gun culture that is getting people killed because it is leaving them defenseless and dependent on government police that do not and cannot protect them.
The gun culture would LOVE to see even more bullets flying around Chicago neighborhoods just to make them safer! A grand piece of thinking there!

Actually it's the fault of people like yourself. Do you not realize that all the mass shootings happen in gun free zones?

Why would you want to make more laws against already law abiding citizens when the problem lies elsewhere? Are the gangs in chicago following the law right now?
Here's a solution: ban the sale, manufacture, importation, distribution, procession and trade of all guns with semi-automatic firing systems and the ability to be fitted with high capacity magazines. Wipe them from our streets. That's the problem. If gangs had switchblades and brass knuckles, they could not shoot innocent bystanders, could they?

The gun culture would LOVE to see even more bullets flying around Chicago neighborhoods just to make them safer! A grand piece of thinking there!

Unarmed defenseless people make good targets.

Unless of course you have some grand plan to make criminals all of a sudden start obeying the law that is.

Actually it's the fault of people like yourself. Do you not realize that all the mass shootings happen in gun free zones?
And you believe that armed civilians could prevent mass shootings?

In March of 1981, there were four people shot in front of a hotel in Washington D.C. These four people were surrounded by the best armed, best trained cadre of security personnel in the history of the earth, yet there they were, shot down.

And you think the average Joe, by virtue of a Saturday morning's worth of 'training' can stop an armed assailant and behave like Dirty Harry in a chaotic situation?

Missouri implemented these changes a few years ago...you know what happened?

Nothing.

Armed law abiding citizens went about their law abiding lives, and still do.

No increase in shootings at bars, schools, government buildings or churches.

In fact shootings decreased...again.

But please, don't let facts intrude on your idiocy.

Last edited:
Why would you want to make more laws against already law abiding citizens when the problem lies elsewhere? Are the gangs in chicago following the law right now?
Here's a solution: ban the sale, manufacture, importation, distribution, procession and trade of all guns with semi-automatic firing systems and the ability to be fitted with high capacity magazines. Wipe them from our streets. That's the problem. If gangs had switchblades and brass knuckles, they could not shoot innocent bystanders, could they?

you do realize i can go to home depot and make an assault potato gun? Very easy. You can also use compressed air to really make some lethal gadgets, but i'll stick with my pistol.

you do realize i can go to home depot and make an assault potato gun? Very easy. You can also use compressed air to really make some lethal gadgets, but i'll stick with my pistol.
Are you able to kill 20 first graders with an 'assault potato' gun? Plan on holding up any liquor stores with a compressed air weapon? Can the innocent be killed by cross fire from a pitched battle waged with Home Depot made weaponry?

Or would you care to think seriously about a serious subject?

In March of 1981, there were four people shot in front of a hotel in Washington D.C. These four people were surrounded by the best armed, best trained cadre of security personnel in the history of the earth, yet there they were, shot down.

And you think the average Joe, by virtue of a Saturday morning's worth of 'training' can stop an armed assailant and behave like Dirty Harry in a chaotic situation?

Yes, i could stop a mass murderer, I'm a very good shot. I would rather have a chance at saving lives, then to be a victim. Just the way you want me to be, defenseless.

Are you able to kill 20 first graders with an 'assault potato' gun? Plan on holding up any liquor stores with a compressed air weapon? Can the innocent be killed by cross fire from a pitched battle waged with Home Depot made weaponry?

Or would you care to think seriously about a serious subject?
Do you have a sign in your front yard saying there are no guns in your house? If not, you need to get one, and see how the world would be if law abiding citizens were disarmed.

Yes, i could stop a mass murderer, I'm a very good shot. I would rather have a chance at saving lives, then to be a victim. Just the way you want me to be, defenseless.

There's a big difference in shooting a target and shooting someone who is shooting back.
"being a good shot" is a small part of the equation.

But even if you are a lousy shot - you have a Constitutional right to own a gun. The only way to change that is to repeal the 2nd.

But background checks and time, place, and manner restrictions are in line with the Constitution.

I have several. Why should I not be allowed when I have been an exemplary upstanding member of my community with a spotless record? No, the problem lies with the disrespect for human life and that stems from broken households, no morals, no accountability, and no responsibility.

Do you realize that criminals can make their own guns and bullets and gun powder thanks to new technologies, not to mention stealing guns from any number of places.
No matter what laws are passed criminals will always be able to get guns.

The freaking bill had bipartisan support. Even Jimmy Carter's son supported it. It has a provision where court ordered psychiatric commitments have to be reported to the state. The provision would have prevented the maniac Blacksburg, Va. shooter from purchasing a firearm

Forum List

Back