Death makes a deal with the Governor of Georgia

Why would you want to make more laws against already law abiding citizens when the problem lies elsewhere? Are the gangs in chicago following the law right now?
Here's a solution: ban the sale, manufacture, importation, distribution, procession and trade of all guns with semi-automatic firing systems and the ability to be fitted with high capacity magazines. Wipe them from our streets. That's the problem. If gangs had switchblades and brass knuckles, they could not shoot innocent bystanders, could they?

Great idea...look at how well that worked with alcohol during prohibition...and the war on drugs...it comes in by the truckload.

But this would work...no doubt about it.

I mean, it's not like people just walk into the United States illegally from cartel controlled Mexican border towns or anything... :rolleyes:

Missouri implemented these changes a few years ago...you know what happened?

Nothing.

Armed law abiding citizens went about their law abiding lives, and still do.

No increase in shootings at bars, schools, government buildings or churches.

In fact shootings decreased...again.

But please, don't let facts intrude on your idiocy.

They won't. Don't worry.

"Sorry NO!; but Frank, you're now in possession of one or our longest standing records, minus $30,000 is the furthest behind any contestant has been, and in fact surpasses the total negative number of all past contestants. You are remarkable, sir."
-Alex

Watch Saturday Night Live: Celebrity Jeopardy: Stewart, Reynolds and Connery Online | Hulu

That was a very funny bit.

"Buck Fudder"
I don't get it"
"Oh, I think you do, Trebek"

I watched it on a Jet Blue Flight and was laughing out loud. All time SNL Classic

American Gun Deaths to Exceed Traffic Fatalities by 2015 - Bloomberg

Guns and cars have long been among the leading causes of non-medical deaths in the U.S. By 2015, firearm fatalities will probably exceed traffic fatalities for the first time, based on data compiled by Bloomberg.

While motor-vehicle deaths dropped 22 percent from 2005 to 2010, gun fatalities are rising again after a low point in 2000, according to the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Shooting deaths in 2015 will probably rise to almost 33,000, and those related to autos will decline to about 32,000, based on the 10-year average trend

33,000 just too low a number for you?

10155896_744578182230716_2127971220_n.jpg

Of course the inconvenient truth that you willfully ignore is there are 4 times more firearms than cars and they prevent more crime then they create. Hell, there are only 800,000 doctors and they kill (according to the AMA) over 120,000 per year.

So if you want to do something, fix that. You're far more likely to die at the hands of a doctor than a firearm.

you do realize i can go to home depot and make an assault potato gun? Very easy. You can also use compressed air to really make some lethal gadgets, but i'll stick with my pistol.
Are you able to kill 20 first graders with an 'assault potato' gun? Plan on holding up any liquor stores with a compressed air weapon? Can the innocent be killed by cross fire from a pitched battle waged with Home Depot made weaponry?

Or would you care to think seriously about a serious subject?
Do you have a sign in your front yard saying there are no guns in your house? If not, you need to get one, and see how the world would be if law abiding citizens were disarmed.
Fortunately, I do not live in some shithole community where the notion of arming myself like Rambo is considered a good idea. Perhaps your community is more akin to Beirut than an American town. What a pity for you.

Why would you want to make more laws against already law abiding citizens when the problem lies elsewhere? Are the gangs in chicago following the law right now?
Here's a solution: ban the sale, manufacture, importation, distribution, procession and trade of all guns with semi-automatic firing systems and the ability to be fitted with high capacity magazines. Wipe them from our streets. That's the problem. If gangs had switchblades and brass knuckles, they could not shoot innocent bystanders, could they?

Great idea...look at how well that worked with alcohol during prohibition...and the war on drugs...it comes in by the truckload.

I mean, it's not like people just walk into the United States illegally from cartel controlled Mexican border towns or anything... :rolleyes:
So since we allowed so many guns to flood our streets, we cannot devise a solution to the problems they brought? How unimaginative do you think Americans are?

So since we allowed so many guns to flood our streets, we cannot devise a solution to the problems they brought? How unimaginative do you think Americans are?

and your solution is to take guns from law abiding americans who purchased them legally? :lol:

and your solution is to take guns from law abiding americans who purchased them legally? :lol:
I suppose Adam Lanza's mom was a law abiding citizen.

She should have had them locked up, her negligence cost her and others their lives. If she had lived she would be in jail as an accessory to murder.

No one wants to not hold gun owners responsible for their actions.

She should have had them locked up, her negligence cost her and others their lives. If she had lived she would be in jail as an accessory to murder.

Aren't you holding her responsible? Is there a connection between guns and gun violence, or is gun violence simply the irresponsibility of individuals?

Aren't you holding her responsible? Is there a connection between guns and gun violence, or is gun violence simply the irresponsibility of individuals?

The irresponsibility of individuals. Which is what most of the worlds ills come from

A boulder is sitting on a ledge high up a mountain trail.

Some miscreants push the boulder off the ledge to watch it crash down the mountain.

It sails down the mountain, through the wall of a home and kills five people.

Is the rock at fault?

Last edited:

Of course she is responsible, but she is dead. Do you want to jail her corpse?

there is also a connection between knives and knife violence. whats your point?

Pretty unimaginative...the only answer ever put forth is to infringe upon the second amendment rights of law abiding citizens.

Last edited:
Are you able to kill 20 first graders with an 'assault potato' gun? Plan on holding up any liquor stores with a compressed air weapon? Can the innocent be killed by cross fire from a pitched battle waged with Home Depot made weaponry?

Or would you care to think seriously about a serious subject?
Do you have a sign in your front yard saying there are no guns in your house? If not, you need to get one, and see how the world would be if law abiding citizens were disarmed.
Fortunately, I do not live in some shithole community where the notion of arming myself like Rambo is considered a good idea. Perhaps your community is more akin to Beirut than an American town. What a pity for you.

The shithole is not the least bit shy about coming to you.

Your neighborhood has nicer stuff.

Last edited:
"Picture this: It's a pleasant summer day. The kids are out of school, and you've decided to take them to the local park. You're sitting on a park bench in the shade, watching them play, when you suddenly notice a man dressed in a heavy winter coat approaching the playground.

As he scurries past you, you notice a handgun strapped around his waistband. Alarmed? You should be. Who is this man, and why is he armed at your children's playground? Concerned enough to call the local police?

Not a bad idea, but here is the problem. Starting July 1, law enforcement in Georgia will not be able do much for you. As a matter of fact, they could get sued if they detain the man you called about and ask him whether he has a valid weapons carry license. That's because, under Georgia's revised Safe Carry Protection Act, it is prohibited for police to detain someone for the purpose of checking for a license. So much for safe.

But wait, it gets better. Worried about convicted felons toting guns? Rest assured, convicted felons are still prohibited from possessing firearms in Georgia -- except in the act of self-defense.

But, you might ask, don't you have to possess a firearm first in order to be able to use it in self-defense? Correct. So, what kind of sense does that make? It doesn't. It encourages gun ownership and use by convicted felons. Think about it. All they have to do now is claim "self-defense." Feeling safer already?

Finally, Georgia's revised Safe Carry Protection Act may also cost you more money. Before this law, cities could simply prohibit firearms or any other weapons in government buildings by posting a sign; now, they can do so only by screening entrances into the government building with security personnel. And guess who ends up paying for that? That's right, the taxpayer. And if the police officer is sued for asking to see a gun carry permit, who will pay for his or her defense? It will be up to the municipality, using taxpayer funds.

But not only does it cost us more, it also has a chilling effect on open government. Many citizens might feel discouraged from visiting their local government offices, knowing that they are now subject to being screened.

While these revisions certainly favor the rights of gun owners, they create dilemmas for local law enforcement and government. As a police chief, my main concern is the safety our residents. As police, we have taken an oath to protect and serve, and this new law doesn't help us."

Warren Summers, Norcross, GA Chief of Police

House Bill 60, or the Safe Carry Protection Act of 2014 -- which opponents have nicknamed the "guns everywhere bill" -- specifies where Georgia residents can carry weapons. Included are provisions that allow residents who have concealed carry permits to take guns into some bars, churches, school zones, government buildings and certain parts of airports.

GeorgiaCarry, which lobbied for the bill, calls it "meaningful pro-gun legislation," despite it being watered down from the group's perspective. Still, the group has lauded the legislation, which will go into effect July 1. Americans for Responsible Solutions opposed the bill, calling it "extremism in action."

Wednesday's signing came at an open-air picnic area along a creek in Ellijay, in northern Georgia. It opened with a prayer, the singing of the national anthem and a recital of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Hundreds of people filled more than 25 picnic tables, while others stood. Many were openly carrying handguns, and some wore National Rifle Association hats and buttons proclaiming, "Stop Gun Control" and "Guns Save Lives."
Sarah Brady: We must act on gun violence
Expert: Mass shootings on the rise
House extends gun law, but is it enough?
Is change to gun laws possible?

The bill, which easily navigated the state Legislature -- by a 112-58 vote in the House and a 37-18 tally in the Senate -- also earned the support of Democratic state Sen. Jason Carter, the grandson of ex-President Jimmy Carter and a 2014 gubernatorial candidate.

Calling it "a great day to reaffirm our liberties," Deal said the law allows residents to protect their families and expands the list of places where they can legally carry firearms, while allowing certain property owners, namely churches and bars, to make judgments on whether they want worshippers and patrons carrying guns.

"The Second Amendment should never be an afterthought. It should be at the forefront of our minds," Deal said while touting his NRA endorsement for governor and "A" rating during his 17 years in Congress.

The governor said the law "will protect the constitutional rights of Georgians who have gone through a background check to legally obtain a Georgia Weapons Carry License.

"Roughly 500,000 Georgia citizens have a permit of this kind, which is approximately 5 percent of our population. License holders have passed background checks and are in good standing with the law. This law gives added protections to those who have played by the rules -- and who can protect themselves and others from those who don't play by the rules."

Americans for Responsible Solutions opposed the original bill that GeorgiaCarry pushed for, and while the group is pleased that the version Deal signed Wednesday doesn't allow guns on college campuses or in churches, except in certain cases, it feels the legislation "takes Georgia out of the mainstream."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/us/georgia-governor-signs-gun-bill/

Look at the #'s fools, looks like the Gov had plenty of partisan company ... ROFLMFAO

Forum List

Back