do dems believe the censoring of conservative speech by social media giants is ok ?

i noticed that dems remain silent on the censorship being placed on conservatives by social networks ..... do they agree with censorship.
You’re not very observant.

If you were, you’d note that Democrats address the issue often, explaining to conservatives that censorship and the right to free speech concern solely the relationship between government and those governed – not between or among private entities and private persons, such as social networks.

That as private entities, social networks are a liberty to edit their content as they see fit – where such editing constitutes neither a ‘violation’ of free speech nor ‘censorship.’

And that the internet is infinite – that there’s ample opportunity for conservatives to express their views and opinions.
This censorship flies in the face of the public accommodation laws that force private bakeries to supply baked goods to gay "weddings", something conservatives saw the left gleefully applauding. They saw the left piously proclaiming you had NO right to deny service to customers based on the thoughts and opinions expressed by those customers. Now they see the left piously applauding the right of private companies to deny service to customers based on thoughts and opinions expressed by those customers. I happen to believe that the law should be consistent, either all companies should have the right to control how their products are used or no companies should be able to.

What a silly idea... fox has blocked dems for years....while CNN and MSNBC has had repuBOOBliCONS on all the time
the problem is reBOOBliCONS come on and lie with total bull shit and talk over the host...I don't have any idea why
they keep inviting any of the red neck reBOOBliCONS all they do is lie..

I think a private company serving whoever they want is their choice. Do you agree?

Do YOU?

What is it? Is there a shortage of custom bakers willing to do custom gay or lesbian themed wedding cakes or is it a well organized gay agenda that wants to target small Christian businesses and punish them?

I notice that the platforms are censoring dis-information. If you don't want to be censored, stick to the truth and honesty.

That's bullshit, and I am sure that even you know it.

They're censoring things that are obvious truth,and giving a pass to blatant propaganda and misinformation that supports their degenerate left wrong-wing agenda.

What you mean by “stick to the truth and honesty”, is stick to the lies and nonsense that our masters tell us to believe, no matter how obvious it is that they are lies.
They sure had no problem spreading the "russia collusion" lie.

There was no "russia collusion" lie. The US Senate confirmed it took place...the one headed by the Republican party.

We both know you won't read it so I took the liberty of providing a screenshot of Trump's felonious campaign manager's activitities:

View attachment 416970

View attachment 416971

And there was enough evidence of Russian interference that the Blob's own DOJ appointed a special prosecutor. The OIC determined that the blob obstructed or sought to obstruct justice ten times and netted several blob associates--most often for conduct that involved...you guessed it...Russia.
Bitter dems voting on something is hardly a confirmation of Russian collusion. No one believes that shit anymore. You guys failed.

I notice that the platforms are censoring dis-information. If you don't want to be censored, stick to the truth and honesty.

They're censoring things that are obvious truth,and giving a pass to blatant propaganda and misinformation that supports their degenerate left wrong-wing agenda.

What you mean by “stick to the truth and honesty”, is stick to the lies and nonsense that our masters tell us to believe, no matter how obvious it is that they are lies.

There was no "russia collusion" lie. The US Senate confirmed it took place...the one headed by the Republican party.

We both know you won't read it so I took the liberty of providing a screenshot of Trump's felonious campaign manager's activitities:

View attachment 416970

View attachment 416971

And there was enough evidence of Russian interference that the Blob's own DOJ appointed a special prosecutor. The OIC determined that the blob obstructed or sought to obstruct justice ten times and netted several blob associates--most often for conduct that involved...you guessed it...Russia.
Bitter dems voting on something is hardly a confirmation of Russian collusion. No one believes that shit anymore. You guys failed.

What vote are you talking about?

What a silly idea... fox has blocked dems for years....while CNN and MSNBC has had repuBOOBliCONS on all the time
the problem is reBOOBliCONS come on and lie with total bull shit and talk over the host...I don't have any idea why
they keep inviting any of the red neck reBOOBliCONS all they do is lie..

clock_22.gif

View attachment 416970

View attachment 416971

Im talking about your shameful sham impeachment in congress. At least the senate got it right.

i noticed that dems remain silent on the censorship being placed on conservatives by social networks ..... do they agree with censorship.
Unfortunately, the law is on the side of Twitter and Facebook. The first amendment does not apply to private property. This is a Sup Ct ruling. What I suggest as a tactic to pressure the media is to boycott them. They survive on advertising revenue. If we the consumers don't read those ads, the media will lose money bigtime.

Only because the Govt. gave them the protection of being a Platform
They have morphed into a publisher
They need to be re-classified and the protections removed.
Then the free market and the legal system can prevail.

View attachment 416970

View attachment 416971

Im talking about your shameful sham impeachment in congress. At least the senate got it right.

He was impeached. The Democrats achieved that.

But that was a completely different thing than his administration colluding with Russia. You DO know that...I hope.

The GOP Senate Intel Committee confirmed that your blob colluded with Russia in the 2016 election. The proof is there for you to see.

What is wrong with a private company refusing to promote lies and misinformation?

Social media platforms are stopping misinformation, and not censoring. Unfortunately at the moment majority of the misinformation is coming from the right. Twitter has had to put warnings on Trump's tweets since the election because he keeps making up fibs.

Stopping lies isn't censoring
GoebbelsSmile.jpg

Only when alleged conservatives resort to the immorality of bearing false witness with a McCarthy era phrase in our pledge.

What is wrong with a private company refusing to promote lies and misinformation?

What private company is actually doing that?

Fagbook, Shitter, and such, are openly suppressing true information, and promoting lies and misinformation.

When it comes to fact checking and censoring lies and provocation I don’t think there is a thirst to squash that as those toxic things are becoming a rather large problem in our political discourse and media

not a dem, an independent.

what do you want to do to liberal biased media that opposes trump?

respect their free speech?

or destroy them?

if you agree with herr trump that the only good democrat is a dead democrat kindly tell me how much free speech a dead democrat has?

i want to silence the hateful rhetoric of marxists, communists, religious extremists and fascists....

don’t you?

do you think leftwing marxists have a right to spread their divisive and destructive opinions?

or right wing fascists?

I have no issue with any of that, my issue is who determines what is a lie and what the truth is? The other issue is opinions seem to be repressed, many opinions I disagree with but I believe they need to be allowed, it is free speech and though it may be offensive or disgusting, it needs to allowed, if not, then we have individuals and corporations deciding what opinions need to be allowed or not allowed.

Its a bit ironic that folk are whining about censorship on a forum that gives access to every foul right wing notion that you can shake a stick at. Isn t that the answer to your question ?

On a broader theme social media is in its infancy and will probably develop like other forms of communication. So you will see platforms emerge that are right or left leaning. But they will be shaped by the people with lots of money and not by people like you and me.
Because USMB exist, there is no censorship? :cuckoo:
If there was censorship then it wouldnt exist. That much should be obvious to the densest of the trumpers out there.

Forum List

Back