Do liberals even like this country?

Well Ray there are some on both sides that hate this country when their political party is not in power...

Now what is wrong with looking at other nations to see if they are doing it better than us?

Nothing wrong with change for the better, as long as it's our way of changing and not another countries way.

There is no hate on the right. That's why we never compare any other country to ours. We believe we have the greatest country in the world in spite of it's problems. We want to make a better USA, and the liberals want to make it an entirely different USA.

We've always been a great and the best Ray. It was Trump who keep saying we are no better than third world countries. Keep that in mind.

I NEED YOU TO PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION.
What or give us an example ----- What made you say the liberals want to make this country entirely different? Like what?

Yes there are plenty of hates from the right plentyand in this site, rise of alt right movement. Infowars, Brietbart, Fox News, National Enquirer all plugging a lot of hates and lies. ---- That are acceptable to you and your group.

What made you say the liberals want to make this country entirely different? Like what?

1 Obama's apology tour

2. Obama's insitance no to say "radical terrorist

3. Obama's claim Muslims founded this country

4. Obama leading from behind

5. Obama you didn't build that

6. Obama having a temper tantrum when he couldn't get it his way after Sandy Hook

7. Obama trying to run around Congress on the dream act and Paris accord

8. Obama care

9. Obama flip floping gay marriage

10. Obama using the EPA to hinder business

11. Obama using the IRS to go after political enemy's.

12. Obama looking the other way on federal drug laws.

13. Obama dividing this country like we haven't seen in over 30 years.

That's, 13 you want more?

. The rise of racism in this country

That's all do to Obama and the left, the Democrats would fold if they couldn't keep the northern blacks and whites separated...the North is way more racist and segergated then the South is in the year 2017.

I can't wait for the apology tour after Trump leaves office

There will be a lot of fences to mend

I am sure you will lead the crowd, while we file for impeachment of your new Democrat president on the first god damn day..

Trump will be in Federal Prison by then

I'm voting Republican for the next 30 years too.
Hopefully the repub party doesn't last that long

And that hope of yours has been the same the last 30 years or so, yet Republicans gain power all the time. Better worry about your party lasting that long.
Worry about the ah in our WH
Trump accuses Jon Huntsman of giving the US away to China.
So guess who nominates Huntsman for ambassador of Russia?

Donald Trump

This non-stop Russia thing is going to continue to kill your party just like the racist, sexist, homophobe deplorables did.
So Ray blues and the rest of your ilk ,,,we're just supposed to turn away ,keep on walking when we see this AH in our WH act just like the ass he is What president speaks to an enemy in private with only the Russian translator available AND doesn't even report it?? This WH from the president on down to his Freddo son is a den of iniquity and you nitwits support him SHAME

Here's the deal: people get sick of BS stories and stories that don't mean a damn thing. Every time somebody that even knew Trump farted near a Russian, some loser leftist wrote a story about it like it mattered. So how many Russian stories have we been treated to here on USMB that didn't amount to squat, like 20 or more?

It's the boy that cried wolf and nobody even cares anymore. It just makes the left look really really bad to people that are not true leftists.

And how does any thing you posted with your completely errant fantasy meaning justify the government TAKING what one person used his opportunity to create and giving it to a pile of liberal shit who squandered his opportunity? YOU scum are just pure ignorant shit {We the people of the United States in order to form a more perfect union, ESTABLISH JUSTICE (that means that you don't steal what is not yours, including what another person reaps from HIS labors), Insure domestic tranquility (liberals hate this) it means their riots are contrary to the constitution and the us military could be constitutionally used to stop it., Provide for the common defense, (which you liberal scum hate because it protects everyone else from your attacks) Promote the GENERAL WELFARE, (which means to support communities as they need to sustain and protect themselves.), And secure the blessings of liberty to US ( not others, US meaning citizens of this country) and our posterity (OUR CHILDREN).}
The government collects taxes and elected officials decide how that money should be spent

That is not stealing it is democracy

But then if someone comes along "hey, i'll give you one million if you give me a tax break...", that's called a bribe.

If one could only prove it which in most cases never happens.

And that hope of yours has been the same the last 30 years or so, yet Republicans gain power all the time. Better worry about your party lasting that long.

Donald Trump

This non-stop Russia thing is going to continue to kill your party just like the racist, sexist, homophobe deplorables did.
So Ray blues and the rest of your ilk ,,,we're just supposed to turn away ,keep on walking when we see this AH in our WH act just like the ass he is What president speaks to an enemy in private with only the Russian translator available AND doesn't even report it?? This WH from the president on down to his Freddo son is a den of iniquity and you nitwits support him SHAME

Here's the deal: people get sick of BS stories and stories that don't mean a damn thing. Every time somebody that even knew Trump farted near a Russian, some loser leftist wrote a story about it like it mattered. So how many Russian stories have we been treated to here on USMB that didn't amount to squat, like 20 or more?

It's the boy that cried wolf and nobody even cares anymore. It just makes the left look really really bad to people that are not true leftists.
So we should just ignore that meeting with trump jr,the son in law etc etc with russians who promised dirt on hillary??? Real patriots?? and they don't say a word about the meeting and lie about who was there ?? This bunch of crooks and con men in our WH was cleaning the swamp?

Thank you for that typical liberal reply demonstrating that you don't understand the difference between "giving" somebody something and "taking less" away. So I'll try to explain this one more time:

If you snuck into your neighbors home once a week and stole $100.00 while he was walking his dog, but then felt guilty after a while and reduced your theft to $50.00 a week, did you give just your neighbor $50.00 a week? Of course not, you just stole less.

That works on the assumption that you get nothing for that $100.

Businesses can only thrive if the infrastructure is there to support them. they should pay their fair share for that infrastructure. Instead, what they want are tax incentives to stay, that the rest of us end up paying for.

That's such utter bull. They pay for that infrastructure ten times over.

I've been to new industrial developments that were cut there by the city. They don't do that at a loss. They pay up front, and reap ten times that amount down the road. They get business taxes for the city, they get school taxes in some cases, they get city taxes from the thousands of employees that work there, plus the state makes out as well.

It works both ways. I've seen suburbs that were very financially sound that ended up in the red when businesses moved out of the city.

Here in Avon Ohio, a new business wanted to build on a very decayed farm road. They planned to erect a building that had 55 docks and employ hundreds of people. The city turned that farm road into nicely paved street. The state created a new exit ramp for customers and trucks to have better access to the business. The farm houses were purchased for big bucks so that other companies could build there. The Cleveland Clinic later built a new hospital equipped with a new emergency room. It was a huge success and a great investment for the city and state.

This leftist notion that taxpayers do the business a great favor by letting them move there and paying for the infrastructure needed to operate the business is liberal BS. Most citizens of any city or town realize the great value that businesses bring in.

Democrats you lost the Presidency, the House, the Senate, you're about to lose the Supreme Court and you've completely lost your minds!

Exactly, you make a question where you say everyone on the left gets fucked over and nobody on the right gets fucked over by rich people. Well, that's just wrong, isn't it?

How so? You never hear us saying that, do you? So apparently we are not getting fucked by anybody except the government; that's who we complain about fucking us. You on the left keep telling us the rich fucks you, but can't explain how.

Haha, you say Republicans don't give to the rich, just allow them to keep what they already have. Oh, Ray, you seriously can't be that naive, can you?

Outside of campaign donations (which happens on both sides) what have the Republicans given the rich? Another question you won't be able to answer.

The money they have has been gained in immoral circumstances. If I run a company and I don't pay tax, I can sell my product for less than my competitor, which means more people buy my product, which means my competitor goes out of business, then I have lots of money and he has none. Did I make this money all on my own? Fuck no I did not.

Tax breaks for certain industries apply to all industries that make similar products. After this healthcare thing, Trump will address taxes and lets see what he comes up with. Democrats have never done that except to raise them.

Ray, the extent of my political conversations with right wing people isn't that wide. Just because I don't hear directly from someone, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. But then again, it's besides the point. So, the party of the rich doesn't complain about the rich..... but then some of those who do vote for the Republicans will complain about what happens.

What have the Republicans given the rich? Seriously?

Let's see, because I CAN answer this question.

The only issue here is that what you see as "giving" is different to what I see.

But, I'll try under your view of giving.

First - giving an unfair advantage.

Like I've said before. If you give an unfair advantage to one company over another, it's essentially corruption, favoritism, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. There are many ways of expressing this sort of thing.

Tax incentives get Amazon to build fulfillment center in Katy

"
Tax incentives get Amazon to build fulfillment center in Katy"

This is in Waller County, Texas. Represented in the Texas Senate by a Republican, represented in the Texas House by a Republican. Represented in Federal govt by three Republicans.

I'd say this place is Republican.

"As part of the deal, the county will refund at least 50 percent of the taxes Amazon pays on the facility if the combined value of its property and inventory exceeds $100 million. The agreement requires the company to employ at least 800 people there and hold an annual job fair."

So, Amazon gets to pay half the amount of taxes than other companies. How many people in the area will be able to compete with Amazon? How many businessmen and women will see their business fold because they cannot compete.

You might say this is Amazon's money. I say it's not. I say there money is there for the taking, but Amazon will take it because they have managed to bribe the county into giving them a deal that makes them uber competitive.

""There's no other deal that compares to this," County Judge Trey Duhon said. "This is Amazon, and when you have a Fortune 100 company, it's a whole different ball game.""

Essentially this guy is saying that unless you're a top 100 company, you aren't going to get this kind of deal.

And while Waller County might be sitting there looking good, because it's got jobs, how many jobs are going to be lost elsewhere? Lots. Lots of businesses in Texas and all over the US are going to be lost. Republicans are going to lose their businesses (from a previous thread, right, about Republicans getting screwed over by the rich) as well as Democrats, a monopoly is going to be closer and closer as each competitor dies off and Amazon takes another slice of the pie, adding more jobs their their stack, making their power even great, their money to bribe officials to give them a sweet deal.

This is what the Republicans are giving Amazon, a part share in a monopoly, an unfair advantage, a larger share of the market.

Now, Democrats do this too.

Amazon's Tax Breaks

"The Boston Globe has a report on how the internet retailer Amazon has negotiated state and local tax breaks for two warehouses in Massachusetts. Last year, Amazon got $600,000 in state tax credits and $2.89 million in local tax breaks for a facility in Stoughton, Mass. The second facility, in Fall River and Freetown, Mass., will benefit from $11.6 million in real estate and personal property tax breaks, along with a still undisclosed state tax credit."

Now, Norfolk County, MA is mostly Democrat. 35% to 11% officially registered. They haven't voted Republican in a Presidential election since 1984.

So, can we say that Democrats also hand out the cash in this way? Yes, we can. However the system whereby local counties, states etc pay companies to relocate is something very American, it doesn't happen within the EU, there are laws to stop it and I think Google had to pay money because Ireland tried to give them an unfair advantage deal.

Who keeps this sort of system in place? Well, probably the republicans, but maybe Democrats too. But those who do it, are almost certain in the pay of such companies. The companies are controlling this sort of thing.

Thank you for that typical liberal reply demonstrating that you don't understand the difference between "giving" somebody something and "taking less" away. So I'll try to explain this one more time:

If you snuck into your neighbors home once a week and stole $100.00 while he was walking his dog, but then felt guilty after a while and reduced your theft to $50.00 a week, did you give just your neighbor $50.00 a week? Of course not, you just stole less.

Tax incentives to attract new businesses (or keep existing ones) to your city or state is something politicians on both sides of the aisle do. It's a practice that works and is also an investment for the city or state because they will get much more in return. It's how cities and states compete against each other to draw those businesses. So don't say that it's Republicans that do it.

When you "give" somebody something, it means you provided them with something they didn't have before. Our welfare programs are a perfect example of that.

So, if you hand someone a monopoly, is this giving or taking?

If you give someone an unfair advantage, is this giving or taking?

Yes, you've given that nonsense analogy about ten times already, there's no point doing it again and again and again.

Tax incentives attract new businesses. Sure they do. I get what you're saying. You're just not looking BEYOND this.

Look at what the EU has done. It has said to all EU countries, you can set the tax rates however you like, we don't care, 0%, 50%, 150% who cares? But what you cannot do is have a tax rate for everyone, and then give special deals to companies. Simply said everyone in that country pays the rates that are going, or they don't.

The difference here is that in the US companies can get what they want. They can go to counties, they can go to states and basically be like "we'll come to you if we don't pay much in tax" and the counties will be like, "we need jobs".

What this does is it plays off different areas against other areas, within the same country. Essentially the country has rolled over like a useless fucking dog, bearing its nipples and asking to have all the milk sucked out of it.

The impact of this, which you conveniently ignore, is that large companies, like Amazon, will ALWAYS get a cheap deal. What it also means is that smaller companies are (how many times do I have to say this for you not to ignore it?) not playing on a level playing field.

What it also means is that the guys doing the deals with companies, like Amazon, get nice little kickbacks.

So, the politicians get their cash for allowing it to happen, the companies get an unfair competitive advantage, and for some fucking reason, you're loving it every step of the way.

You love politicians getting kickbacks from companies in order for the politicians to do the bidding of the companies, you somehow seem to think that by giving BRIBES (there is no other word to describe what this money is) is great, you seem to think that people who have been elected by THE PEOPLE to represent THE PEOPLE and then turn around and take BRIBES to do the bidding of companies is great.

You love large corporations being able to buy politicians

You love large companies getting unfair advantages

You love small companies getting fucked over on a daily basis because they can't compete with the larger companies

Yes, you have a lot of loving.

And then you come on here and tell me I don't know the difference between giving and taking as if I'm some dumb fuck who hasn't been outside of his fucking village ever.

Then you write "When you "give" somebody something, it means you provided them with something they didn't have before. Our welfare programs are a perfect example of that."

And this is a perfect example of companies GIVING to politicians so politicians GIVE something to companies they didn't have before. Unless of course you're saying that companies had sweet deals before, so it's okay if they carry on bribing the hell out of politicians.

When you give an unfair advantage to companies like Amazon, is this not giving?

No, it's not giving. It's taking less. You say I told that story a dozen times, yet it still didn't sink into your head.

Yes, cities and states do compete against each other. That's how it's done in a free country. The city that takes the least will likely draw those businesses.

Either you watch too many television movies or you have evidence of these so-calle bribes you speak about. If so, I suggest you turn your evidence over to the FBI. Better still, turn that evidence over to your local news room. They may even offer to pay you for this evidence. Just make sure it's not against Bill or Hillary, otherwise you might end up committing suicide. Can't wait for the breaking news you provided the media any day now.

Big businesses put smaller businesses out of business by selling more to their customers. Larger companies can make better deals with vendors than can smaller companies because of volume. Therefore they can sell their items cheaper and make the same profit as smaller businesses who sell for more.

It's like that liberal urban legend how Walmart put mom and pop stores out of business. Walmart did no such thing. They opened up their store, and people decided they would rather shop at Walmart because they had cheaper prices. The customers put those mom and pop shops out of business--not Walmart.

Donald Trump

So we should just ignore that meeting with trump jr,the son in law etc etc with russians who promised dirt on hillary??? Real patriots?? and they don't say a word about the meeting and lie about who was there ?? This bunch of crooks and con men in our WH was cleaning the swamp?

So he did. What was accomplished by that? Nothing. What laws did he break? None. But I'm sure that if Hillary had the same opportunity, she would have turned her back on it in a heartbeat. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

During a debate with a leftist this morning, I was once again told how much better things are in other places, and that made me ask myself if liberals even like this country yet alone love it?

How great other countries have it is a leftist argument they make all the time. It's beginning to be almost as common as saying the right are racist, sexist, homophobes.

What crossed my mind this morning is something I never thought of before: conservatives never say how much better it is in other places. We have our faults, we have our differences, but you never read a conservative say our country is not as good as X.

Liberals are quite the opposite. They want us to change our healthcare system like "theirs." They want us to have gun restrictions like theirs. They want us to have an education system like theirs. They want us to have a government structure like theirs. They want us to have an immigration system like theirs. They want us to have a justice system like theirs. We should take most of the money from rich people like they do. We need to change our election system like theirs.

So I'm going to ask this question one more time even though I've never gotten an answer before: If it's so good "there" WTF are you doing here?

It's apparent that we on the right love our country and the left does not. So the question I have (especially to you leftists) is if you do even like this country? It sure as hell doesn't seem like it since you want to change every aspect of it.
Well, dickweed, when other places rate significantly higher in the health systems, education systems, incarceration rate., & lower gun death rates, I think they should be looked at.

To you gun toting Trumpettes we should ignore the fact.

The US ranks anywhere from 7th to 20th in education.

In a London based study on healthcare, the US fails to be in the top 15

In incarceration rate listing where the lower the better, we rank 220 out of 221.

And you want to brag about that?

You call those who tell these facts unAmerican?

The fact is other places do some things better than we do. Having the good sense to see it & learn is not anti-American. It take more than toting your gun to be an American.

here out Wal-Mart raised their wages to $14 per hour for their employees.....that's the starting wage. That is a very smart business move because now they will get more production from their employees. Now Ray you must cringe at the thought because you always side with the management but to me it makes all the sense in the world. More pay more production better employees apply. Mom wage means the employer expects basically no production.

And one question ray Are Trump and Ivanka planning on bringing THEIR businesses home to help make America great again Saw his little made in america meeting today and wonder if the jerk means everyone else but him?

no they won't Eddie because the union's drove their business overseas and most corporate folk condone sweatshop labor because it keeps labor costs low.....LMAO.

no they won't Eddie because the union's drove their business overseas and most corporate folk condone sweatshop labor because it keeps labor costs low.....LMAO.
So he throws bricks and lives in a glass house He is the worst

Democrats: "Does this make me look fat?"
Pollsters: "No, you look amazing!"
Voters: "Yeah you look fat."

Donald Trump

No, actually the Russians contacted team Trump and said they had some dirt on Hillary

Trump came running

Donald Trump

So he did. What was accomplished by that? Nothing. What laws did he break? None. But I'm sure that if Hillary had the same opportunity, she would have turned her back on it in a heartbeat. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
Hillary and most other politicians with a shred of common sense would know that if the Russians offer you secrets

You run the other way

1. During a debate with a leftist this morning, I was once again told how much better things are in other places, and that made me ask myself if liberals even like this country yet alone love it?

2. How great other countries have it is a leftist argument they make all the time. It's beginning to be almost as common as saying the right are racist, sexist, homophobes.

3. What crossed my mind this morning is something I never thought of before: conservatives never say how much better it is in other places. We have our faults, we have our differences, but you never read a conservative say our country is not as good as X.

4. 1. Liberals are quite the opposite. They want us to change our healthcare system like "theirs."
4.2 They want us to have gun restrictions like theirs.
4.3 They want us to have an education system like theirs. They want us to have a government structure like theirs. They want us to have an immigration system like theirs. They want us to have a justice system like theirs.
4.4. We should take most of the money from rich people like they do.
4.5. We need to change our election system like theirs.

5. So I'm going to ask this question one more time even though I've never gotten an answer before: If it's so good "there" WTF are you doing here?

It's apparent that we on the right love our country and the left does not. So the question I have (especially to you leftists) is if you do even like this country? It sure as hell doesn't seem like it since you want to change every aspect of it.

You plugged in a lot of inconsistencies and lies Ray.
I can assure 100% Liberals love America and the citizens far more than people like you. I know a lots and deal with real republicans in a daily basis. But you and most of these so called conservative here are not conservative. I know few but most are not.
1. There are NO liberals that will say that other places are better than America. Prove to us who say that. It's people like you that plugged in these kind of lies Ray. It's your unpresidential leader that plugged in a lot of garbage that we are a no better than third world countries.
Who loves America? Let see ---- You have a foreign adversary invaded our democracy during election. That is acceptable to you and the rest of your group. Since when that is acceptable to real conservative? That is traitorism. Your president products are made from foreign countries and workers from foreign countries. At the same time his motto Buy Americans and Hire Americans. That is hypocritism. You supported that. The never ending kissing Putin ass. You and the rest of supported that. We NEVER supported that kind of garbage because we love our country.
2. Racism. Really Ray? I know you very well about racism. Do you want me to bring it up?
3. Our country is always been great and the best Ray. You got it backwards. Your leader said the other way. Why do you plugged all these lies Ray.
4.1. Health Care. Really? Who is trying to repeal and replace Obamacare with a garbage Trumpcare? Just to say they repeal and replace Obamacare.
4.2. Guns. Nobody will yank your dick from your pants Ray. Trump wants you to believe that. We do believe in 2nd amendment and all we are saying are sensible gun laws. Like this EO by Trump. This is not acceptable.

Trump signs bill reversing Obama rule to ban gun purchases by mentally ill

4.3. Education, Government Structure, Immigration, Justice ------ So what system had you proposed Ray? Like What?
4.4. So you prefer they take money from poor people like YOU a truck driver??
4.5 Change election system. Like what Ray??Did you or Trump proposed anything garbage? Like let the Russians invade our democracy?
5.0. So let me ask you this question and I need you to answer it.
What/How/Where/Who ----- made you think Liberals don't love this country? Example?
Who love this country better? See 1.0.

Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, welfare, unemployment, Obamacare

Conservatives want to end them all

Of course we want to end unemployment, we want jobs for all, Democrats want to destroy industrys and jobs so people vote for Democrats.

Another lies. Since when a democrats wants destroy industry and jobs?
PROVE IT.

Maybe you can tell Trump stop hiring foreign workers and give it to Americans. Instead of acting Hypocrite.

Forum List

Back