Do liberals even like this country?

what determines left from right? i consider the us a fine place to raise a family and it has many great things. As far as this lovey dovey over the top mumbo jumbo patriotic nauseum fake stuff.....it's fake. It's the hard working middle cladd that built this nation.we have the hardest working most productive least complaining workforce in the world. and we can't figure out how to provide healthcare for them. That is frankly sick that something as simple as healthcare cent be figured out. The two major political parties and how they do their business disgust me. Take out the big money and restart it.

Hard working middle "cladd" can provide health care for itself, so now the only thing that remains is how to provide health care to jobless losers like yourself. As the name states "in it for me".

During a debate with a leftist this morning, I was once again told how much better things are in other places, and that made me ask myself if liberals even like this country yet alone love it?

How great other countries have it is a leftist argument they make all the time. It's beginning to be almost as common as saying the right are racist, sexist, homophobes.

What crossed my mind this morning is something I never thought of before: conservatives never say how much better it is in other places. We have our faults, we have our differences, but you never read a conservative say our country is not as good as X.

Liberals are quite the opposite. They want us to change our healthcare system like "theirs." They want us to have gun restrictions like theirs. They want us to have an education system like theirs. They want us to have a government structure like theirs. They want us to have an immigration system like theirs. They want us to have a justice system like theirs. We should take most of the money from rich people like they do. We need to change our election system like theirs.

So I'm going to ask this question one more time even though I've never gotten an answer before: If it's so good "there" WTF are you doing here?

It's apparent that we on the right love our country and the left does not. So the question I have (especially to you leftists) is if you do even like this country? It sure as hell doesn't seem like it since you want to change every aspect of it.

Well Ray there are some on both sides that hate this country when their political party is not in power...

Now what is wrong with looking at other nations to see if they are doing it better than us?

Nothing wrong with change for the better, as long as it's our way of changing and not another countries way.

There is no hate on the right. That's why we never compare any other country to ours. We believe we have the greatest country in the world in spite of it's problems. We want to make a better USA, and the liberals want to make it an entirely different USA.
If you believe we have the greatest country in the world.......why elect someone who wants to make America great again?

What's wrong with that? His motto was not Make America into France, or Make American into Germany. He said make America great again.
You didn't believe America was great?

You guys crucified Michelle Obama for the same thing

During a debate with a leftist this morning, I was once again told how much better things are in other places, and that made me ask myself if liberals even like this country yet alone love it?

How great other countries have it is a leftist argument they make all the time. It's beginning to be almost as common as saying the right are racist, sexist, homophobes.

What crossed my mind this morning is something I never thought of before: conservatives never say how much better it is in other places. We have our faults, we have our differences, but you never read a conservative say our country is not as good as X.

Liberals are quite the opposite. They want us to change our healthcare system like "theirs." They want us to have gun restrictions like theirs. They want us to have an education system like theirs. They want us to have a government structure like theirs. They want us to have an immigration system like theirs. They want us to have a justice system like theirs. We should take most of the money from rich people like they do. We need to change our election system like theirs.

So I'm going to ask this question one more time even though I've never gotten an answer before: If it's so good "there" WTF are you doing here?

It's apparent that we on the right love our country and the left does not. So the question I have (especially to you leftists) is if you do even like this country? It sure as hell doesn't seem like it since you want to change every aspect of it.

Well Ray there are some on both sides that hate this country when their political party is not in power...

Now what is wrong with looking at other nations to see if they are doing it better than us?

Nothing wrong with change for the better, as long as it's our way of changing and not another countries way.

There is no hate on the right. That's why we never compare any other country to ours. We believe we have the greatest country in the world in spite of it's problems. We want to make a better USA, and the liberals want to make it an entirely different USA.
If you believe we have the greatest country in the world.......why elect someone who wants to make America great again?

What's wrong with that? His motto was not Make America into France, or Make American into Germany. He said make America great again.

No, what Moochelle said was this was the first time she was proud to be an American.

We are failing our people. Why can't you see that?

Because it only exists you your head.

The signature of any great countries is populace that wants to make it greater.

Hard to understand for a self-hater such as yourself.

Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, welfare, unemployment, Obamacare

Conservatives want to end them all

Maybe because our Constitution doesn't require our federal government to provide.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of .."

Yeah, it does. It requires that the federal government to establish, insure, provide, promote, and secure.

Maybe because our Constitution doesn't require our federal government to provide.

That is the beautiful thing about the Constitution......We the People get to decide what we want from our Government

No, what the federal government is required to provide is listed in the Constitution. If it were to provide anything we wanted, why would the founders have made a list of what they were to provide?
Our founding fathers were smarter than to try to restrict what future generations were allowed to do. Thomas Jefferson said it best

I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

There is a process for making changes. It is the only viable process short of arbitrary government.
Sure there is a process. It mostly involves passing laws and legislation and seeing if they pass constitutional muster

That can easily be determined prior to being presented. A lot of passed legislation is part of a larger deal of quid pro quo between the parties. Constitutionality does not even come into question unless challenged after passage.

It's a common MO for slipping things through.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of .."

Yeah, it does. It requires that the federal government to establish, insure, provide, promote, and secure.

Indeed, but only in matters for which it is granted authority under the aforementioned Constitution. Anything else is a usurpation of State power.

Yeah???? And where is the part about the federal government providing you with everything from your first package of diapers to the box you will be buried in?

Leftism is an ideology of world conquest, the ultimate authoritarianism, globalism.

They can't be happy until everyone belongs to their Borg.

Yup they complain about trickle down, but they so love trickle up poor, trickle up misery....the left will never ever be happy untill everyone's life's suck as much as there's..

Trickle up works

Put money in the hands of consumers....they spend it
The rich just horde it
if the rich have money why can't they keep it? It belongs to them not you.

Well, no it doesn't. Money is an economic tool that creates efficiency in the distribution of goods. It has value because everyone agrees it has values. You are quite welcome to coin your own. Let us know how that works for you at Walmart.

The changes are permanent. Roe v Wade will never be reversed neither will gay marriage

Liberals created this country in 1776

While the country at that time was the best our founders could do. Liberals realized we could do better......end slavery, women's rights, worker rights, civil rights, environmental protections, gay rights.

Conservatives fought every inch of the way

The Republican party was the anti-slavery party for crying out loud. Who created the EPA, a liberal?

Oh, good god.

No, what Moochelle said was this was the first time she was proud to be an American.
You mean an America that was not Great?

Yeah???? And where is the part about the federal government providing you with everything from your first package of diapers to the box you will be buried in?
The part that goes......We the People
We the People created the government....We the people get to decide on the scope of what that government will provide

That is the beautiful thing about the Constitution......We the People get to decide what we want from our Government

No, what the federal government is required to provide is listed in the Constitution. If it were to provide anything we wanted, why would the founders have made a list of what they were to provide?
Our founding fathers were smarter than to try to restrict what future generations were allowed to do. Thomas Jefferson said it best

I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

There is a process for making changes. It is the only viable process short of arbitrary government.
Sure there is a process. It mostly involves passing laws and legislation and seeing if they pass constitutional muster

That can easily be determined prior to being presented. A lot of passed legislation is part of a larger deal of quid pro quo between the parties. Constitutionality does not even come into question unless challenged after passage.

It's a common MO for slipping things through.
That's the way it works
Congress passes laws and legislation. If you think they violate the Constitution...the courts are open to you

The part that goes......We the People
We the People created the government....We the people get to decide on the scope of what that government will provide

If that's the case, it should have been done though the amendment process, not willy-nilly by electing liberals.

Again, the founders wrote into the Constitution what the federal government were to provide to the pubic. If their intent was to provide anything we wanted, there would have been no point in listing what they were to provide in the first place.

No, you people want to ELIMINATE the Constitution. The Constitution is NOT a "living Document" as you morons want to call it.
If it is allowed to be molded into a Communist manifesto, as you morons want, then it will no longer protect human rights.

You DO NOT get to decide what parts of the Constitution (like the 2nd amendment) go and which ones to re-write.

The goal of you Communist/Marxist Leftist is the complete dismantling of the Constitution and the installation of doctrines that are suited only to your own agendas.
The right seeks to protect and preserve the Union while the Left seeks to fracture and divide it.

Liberals created this country in 1776

While the country at that time was the best our founders could do. Liberals realized we could do better......end slavery, women's rights, worker rights, civil rights, environmental protections, gay rights.

Conservatives fought every inch of the way

The Republican party was the anti-slavery party for crying out loud. Who created the EPA, a liberal?

Oh, good god.

What did he say was wrong?

That's the way it works
Congress passes laws and legislation. If you think they violate the Constitution...the courts are open to you

Quoted and documented....

Because As Trump fills Federal benches with more Pro-American judges, eliminates these radical Leftist judges and the 9th Circus and appoints several more Supreme Court justices, I'm 100% certain your Canary will sing a totally different tune

Forum List

Back