Do liberals want a parasite tax? It would seem consistent:

Here ya go. Top states are a sea of blue . Mine is #1! Go Mass!

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings

You say that as you cry how much you pay in taxes...

The hell we do, stupid, we cry about how the rich don't pay enough and there's little to invest in America, thanks to GOP dupes like you...and we turn into a GOP banana republic.

Calm down. Take a breath. Let's have an actual conversation. Not 2 separate straw man conversations. If me, a middle class person wants to pay less in taxes, through a flat tax that I (and every other American) only pays taxes on whatever I make past 50,000. If I make less than that, I don't pay taxes. How does that hurt the middle class. Same
Applies to small business, they only pay after the first 50,000. How does this hurt the middle class, how does this hurt small business?

JFK made heavy supply side taxes, that greatly, and undoubtedly helped the economy. Not only helped the economy but actually increased tax receipts. That wasn't on the demand side, I'm asking for a demand side tax.

6 lessons from JFK on tax policy

Is what Kennedy did so evil?
No that's fine. MY POINT which you miss is EVERYONE pays penty of taxes. You are brainwashed to only think about federal income taxes, our ONLY progressive tax. And the GOP keeps cutting taxes on the rich, so fed aid to states goes down, state taxes go UP, and those state and local taxes AND FEES kill the nonrich. So wehave a FLAT TAX and the rich keep all the new wealth. See sig.

After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? :cuckoo:

Communist countries felt every able bodied person should be out working hard to build the communist paradise or to at least contribute to society. To discourage parasites they often had a so called "parasite tax". If someone got a job in a certain time frame the tax would often be refunded as an incentive.
In our society the top 1% for example pay 44% of all income tax and often supply millions of jobs and great innovative products while the bottom 1% pay no taxes and create no jobs or products. It seems that liberals might want a parasite tax on these people to encourage them to pay their fair share??
They have no fair share to give, duh..

Type of Benefit Percent Voting Percent Voting

Received Democrat Republican

Public Housing 81% 12%

Medicaid 74% 16%

Food Stamps 67% 20%

Unemployment 66% 21%

Compensation

Disability (from Govt.) 64% 25%

Welfare/Public 63% 22%

A survey by the Maxwell Poll on the political affiliation of those receiving government aid

Bullshit fake news!

Oooo, so sorry it doesn't fit your BS.

Are you dumb? The mandate steals money from people with a job and redistributes it to mooching losers.

No, the mooches get treated when the get sick even after refusing to get insurance .

Right the mooching drug addict alcohol slurping gambling lazy fat ass sponge losers get their free handouts, paid for by those of us who work for a living and don't piss our life away.

Why not you live their life then? Since its wonderful!

I don't give a shit what they do, so long as I don't have to pay their damn bills.
Without ACA, you STILL pay for care for the poor, just stupid expensive ER care and bankruptcies, and the poor workers don't pay ANYTHING, and many go on WELFARE to get Medicaid. STUPID GOP "system". The people with pre-existing can't get care, go on welfare, and there's no competition and increasing regulation to cut costs. Which all makes you brainwashed functional GOP MORONS.

Get a job, work that job, pay your own bills. Stop enabling lazy fat ass moochers to sponge off the working class.

Type of Benefit Percent Voting Percent Voting

Received Democrat Republican

Public Housing 81% 12%

Medicaid 74% 16%

Food Stamps 67% 20%

Unemployment 66% 21%

Compensation

Disability (from Govt.) 64% 25%

Welfare/Public 63% 22%

A survey by the Maxwell Poll on the political affiliation of those receiving government aid

Bullshit fake news!

Oooo, so sorry it doesn't fit your BS.
This sorry ass troll thread never established any kind of rational support for itself, it's a troll thread....

The hell we do, stupid, we cry about how the rich don't pay enough and there's little to invest in America, thanks to GOP dupes like you...and we turn into a GOP banana republic.

Calm down. Take a breath. Let's have an actual conversation. Not 2 separate straw man conversations. If me, a middle class person wants to pay less in taxes, through a flat tax that I (and every other American) only pays taxes on whatever I make past 50,000. If I make less than that, I don't pay taxes. How does that hurt the middle class. Same
Applies to small business, they only pay after the first 50,000. How does this hurt the middle class, how does this hurt small business?

JFK made heavy supply side taxes, that greatly, and undoubtedly helped the economy. Not only helped the economy but actually increased tax receipts. That wasn't on the demand side, I'm asking for a demand side tax.

No that's fine. MY POINT which you miss is EVERYONE pays penty of taxes. You are brainwashed to only think about federal income taxes, our ONLY progressive tax. And the GOP keeps cutting taxes on the rich, so fed aid to states goes down, state taxes go UP, and those state and local taxes AND FEES kill the nonrich. So wehave a FLAT TAX and the rich keep all the new wealth. See sig.

After 30 years of Voodoo: worst min. wage, work conditions, illegal work safeguards, vacations, work week, college costs, rich/poor gap, upward social mobility, % homeless and in prison EVAH, and in the modern world!! And you complain about the victims? Are you an idiot or an A-hole? :cuckoo:

So in your world, Republicans cut federal taxes so a pack of Marlboro reds goes up 10000% in some areas of blue city's to $12~$14 bucks a pack?

If that was the case how come I can get a pack of Marlboro reds for $3.95 down here?

So in your world, Republicans cut federal taxes so a pack of Marlboro reds goes up 10000% in some areas of blue city's to $12~$14 bucks a pack?

If that was the case how come I can get a pack of Marlboro reds for $3.95 down here?

The state tax is lower..

I see what your saying though but again, who votes for the unfunded Union pension programs and $150,000 dollar a year dog catcher? Up north?

Because the tobacco industry runs your stupid state? Here in NY we have the Res and $2 cigs and less. Haha! You dupes have more irrelevant bs....Try and focus- Your taxes and fees are too high because the GOP panders to the rich. Get it?

The state tax is lower..

State, city and county.. Outside cook county Illinois it's around $5 bucks

Because the tobacco industry runs your stupid state? Here in NY we have the Res and $2 cigs and less. Haha! You dupes have more irrelevant bs....Try and focus- Your taxes and fees are too high because the GOP panders to the rich. Get it?

But your busses don't go to the Indian reservations...so it is a tax on the poor that you guys say you champion.

The state tax is lower..

State, city and county.. Outside cook county Illinois it's around $5 bucks

We pay $4.09 for Marlboro here in SW Mizzouri...Go into Arkasnass or Okiehoma and it's 7 dollars...

But your busses don't go to the Indian reservations...so it is a tax on the poor that you guys say you champion.

Around here the Indian reservations have buses running in and out because there are casino's on them..

Communist countries felt every able bodied person should be out working hard to build the communist paradise or to at least contribute to society. To discourage parasites they often had a so called "parasite tax". If someone got a job in a certain time frame the tax would often be refunded as an incentive.
In our society the top 1% for example pay 44% of all income tax and often supply millions of jobs and great innovative products while the bottom 1% pay no taxes and create no jobs or products. It seems that liberals mthey've been hurt by GOP pander to the rich for 35 years. Opportunities have been slashed to cut taxes on the rich, dupe.

At the heart of the debate over "the 47 percent" is an awful abuse of tax data.

This entire conversation is the result of a (largely successful) effort to redefine the debate over taxes from "how much in taxes do you pay" to "how much in federal income taxes do you pay?" This is good framing if you want to cut taxes on the rich. It's bad framing if you want to have even a basic understanding of who pays how much in taxes.

There's a reason some would prefer that more limited conversation. For most Americans, payroll and state and local taxes make up the majority of their tax bill. The federal income tax, by contrast, is our most progressive tax -- it's the tax we've designed to place the heaviest burden on the rich while bypassing the poor. And we've done that, again, because the working class is already paying a fairly high tax bill through payroll and state and local taxes.

But most people don't know very much about the tax code. And the federal income tax is still our most famous tax. So when they hear that half of Americans aren't paying federal income taxes, they're outraged -- even if they're among the folks who have a net negative tax burden! After all, they know they're paying taxes, and there's no reason for normal human beings to assume that the taxes getting taken out of their paycheck every week and some of the taxes they pay at the end of the year aren't classified as "federal income taxes."

Confining the discussion to the federal income tax plays another role, too: It makes the tax code look much more progressive than it actually is.

Take someone who makes $4 million dollars a year and someone who makes $40,000 a year. The person making $4 million dollars, assuming he's not doing some Romney-esque planning, is paying a 35 percent tax on most of that money. The person making $40,000 is probably paying no income tax at all. So that makes the system look really unfair to the rich guy.

That's the basic analysis of the 47 percent line. And it's a basic analysis that serves a purpose: It makes further tax cuts for the rich sound more reasonable.

But what if we did the same thing for the payroll tax? Remember, the payroll tax only applies to first $110,100 or so, our rich friends is only paying payroll taxes on 2.7 percent of his income. The guy making $40,000? He's paying payroll taxes on every dollar of his income. Now who's not getting a fair shake?

Which is why, if you want to understand who's paying what in taxes, you don't want to just look at federal income taxes, or federal payroll taxes, or state sales taxes -- you want to look at total taxes. And, luckily, the tax analysis group Citizens for Tax Justice keeps those numbers. So here is total taxes -- which includes corporate taxes, income taxes, payroll taxes, state sales taxes, and more -- paid by different income groups and broken into federal and state and local burdens:

state-local-federal-taxes-income.jpg

As you can see, the poorer you are, the more state and local taxes bite into your income. As you get richer, those taxes recede, and you're mainly getting hit be federal taxes. So that's another lesson: When you omit state and local taxes from your analysis, you're omitting the taxes that hit lower-income taxpayers hardest.

But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group. And as you'll see, every income group is paying something, and the rich aren't paying much more, as a percentage of their incomes, then the middle class.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-data/&usg=AFQjCNE_8LZl_VB-o4FAbNsJrxLxLCPy8gight want a parasite tax on these people to encourage them to pay their fair share??
Total BS, dupe.
they've been hurt by GOP pander to the rich for 35 years. Opportunities have been slashed to cut taxes on the rich, dupe.

This entire conversation is the result of a (largely successful) effort to redefine the debate over taxes from "how much in taxes do you pay" to "how much in federal income taxes do you pay?" This is good framing if you want to cut taxes on the rich. It's bad framing if you want to have even a basic understanding of who pays how much in taxes.

There's a reason some would prefer that more limited conversation. For most Americans, payroll and state and local taxes make up the majority of their tax bill. The federal income tax, by contrast, is our most progressive tax -- it's the tax we've designed to place the heaviest burden on the rich while bypassing the poor. And we've done that, again, because the working class is already paying a fairly high tax bill through payroll and state and local taxes.

But most people don't know very much about the tax code. And the federal income tax is still our most famous tax. So when they hear that half of Americans aren't paying federal income taxes, they're outraged -- even if they're among the folks who have a net negative tax burden! After all, they know they're paying taxes, and there's no reason for normal human beings to assume that the taxes getting taken out of their paycheck every week and some of the taxes they pay at the end of the year aren't classified as "federal income taxes."

Confining the discussion to the federal income tax plays another role, too: It makes the tax code look much more progressive than it actually is.

Take someone who makes $4 million dollars a year and someone who makes $40,000 a year. The person making $4 million dollars, assuming he's not doing some Romney-esque planning, is paying a 35 percent tax on most of that money. The person making $40,000 is probably paying no income tax at all. So that makes the system look really unfair to the rich guy.

That's the basic analysis of the 47 percent line. And it's a basic analysis that serves a purpose: It makes further tax cuts for the rich sound more reasonable.

But what if we did the same thing for the payroll tax? Remember, the payroll tax only applies to first $110,100 or so, our rich friends is only paying payroll taxes on 2.7 percent of his income. The guy making $40,000? He's paying payroll taxes on every dollar of his income. Now who's not getting a fair shake?

Which is why, if you want to understand who's paying what in taxes, you don't want to just look at federal income taxes, or federal payroll taxes, or state sales taxes -- you want to look at total taxes. And, luckily, the tax analysis group Citizens for Tax Justice keeps those numbers. So here is total taxes -- which includes corporate taxes, income taxes, payroll taxes, state sales taxes, and more -- paid by different income groups and broken into federal and state and local burdens:

As you can see, the poorer you are, the more state and local taxes bite into your income. As you get richer, those taxes recede, and you're mainly getting hit be federal taxes. So that's another lesson: When you omit state and local taxes from your analysis, you're omitting the taxes that hit lower-income taxpayers hardest.

But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group. And as you'll see, every income group is paying something, and the rich aren't paying much more, as a percentage of their incomes, then the middle class.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-data/&usg=AFQjCNE_8LZl_VB-o4FAbNsJrxLxLCPy8g

working class is already paying a fairly high tax bill through payroll and state and local taxes.

Refresh our memory why people in blue states and cities pay a higher taxes in state and local?

Uhm could it be, just possibly they vote against their wallets by voting democrat dupe?

They like good services and don't like mooching off the federal gov't and other states?

IRRELEVANT to this argument, which is that the GOP has cut taxes mainly on the rich the last 35 years, due to less fed aid the states have raised THEIR taxes- which kill the NONRICH- YOU DUPES, and now we basically have a flat tax system that is pander to the rich GOP idiocy. And you are duped by GOP bs propaganda into thinking the rich pay a lot %wise. Get it, ferchrissake?

Good services like what? What do they have up in Chicago that I don't have in South Carolina? Minus the snow, traffic and corrupt Union and democrat politicians..

All those taxes and they can't pay for Union pension programs that are bankrupting them.

Yes, cities with black inner cities suq. The rest of blue states are good. Ok? But every state, the nonrich pay too much in taxes and the rich laugh all the way to the bank because of GOP policy. Ay caramba.

Perhaps he meant they make banks, gotta have someplace to put all that money they take in taxes.

Why is there so much big biz in the blue ? Cause of an educated work force .

Red states have ..... big taxpayer fronted military bases they suck off .

Why is so much big biz going overseas...and if not going overseas going to Texas?
To relocate manufacturing closer to local markets..

Uh I really hope this isn't a serious comment.
It is one reason, not a reason for all...Since moving manufacturing closer to markets hold down transportation cost.

And moving out of country to re-import to america is closer to market how?

In our society the top 1% for example pay 44% of all income tax and often supply millions of jobs and great innovative products while the bottom 1% pay no taxes and create no jobs or products. It seems that liberals mthey've been hurt by GOP pander to the rich for 35 years. Opportunities have been slashed to cut taxes on the rich, dupe.

But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group. And as you'll see, every income group is paying something, and the rich aren't paying much more, as a percentage of their incomes, then the middle class.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-data/&usg=AFQjCNE_8LZl_VB-o4FAbNsJrxLxLCPy8gight want a parasite tax on these people to encourage them to pay their fair share??
Total BS, dupe.
they've been hurt by GOP pander to the rich for 35 years. Opportunities have been slashed to cut taxes on the rich, dupe.

But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group. And as you'll see, every income group is paying something, and the rich aren't paying much more, as a percentage of their incomes, then the middle class.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-data/&usg=AFQjCNE_8LZl_VB-o4FAbNsJrxLxLCPy8g

working class is already paying a fairly high tax bill through payroll and state and local taxes.

Refresh our memory why people in blue states and cities pay a higher taxes in state and local?

Uhm could it be, just possibly they vote against their wallets by voting democrat dupe?

They like good services and don't like mooching off the federal gov't and other states?

IRRELEVANT to this argument, which is that the GOP has cut taxes mainly on the rich the last 35 years, due to less fed aid the states have raised THEIR taxes- which kill the NONRICH- YOU DUPES, and now we basically have a flat tax system that is pander to the rich GOP idiocy. And you are duped by GOP bs propaganda into thinking the rich pay a lot %wise. Get it, ferchrissake?

Good services like what? What do they have up in Chicago that I don't have in South Carolina? Minus the snow, traffic and corrupt Union and democrat politicians..

All those taxes and they can't pay for Union pension programs that are bankrupting them.

Yes, cities with back inner cities suq. The rest of blue states are good. Ok? But every state, the nonrich pay too much in taxes and the rich laugh all the way to the bank because of GOP policy. Ay caramba.

I concede finnaly, you actually might have a point with this one.

Why is there so much big biz in the blue ? Cause of an educated work force .

Red states have ..... big taxpayer fronted military bases they suck off .

Why is so much big biz going overseas...and if not going overseas going to Texas?

It is one reason, not a reason for all...Since moving manufacturing closer to markets hold down transportation cost.

i see you can't accept reality, just instigate trolling..

i see you can't accept reality, just instigate trolling..

Where are companies moving in America to get closer to market?

Total BS, dupe.

You're stepping on his dillusion man.
DELUSION, dupe. And NO. Welre very happy in our red states, thanks- Enjoy your back water crappy education and infrastructure- unless blue states and the feds are helping your dumbasses...lol. AGAIN, ALL STATES AND NONRICH are paying too much and getting screwed by GOP pander to the greedy idiot brainwashing rich policies.

The only person delusional is you.... Picture of Greenville SC after the Republicans took over the city and state from the back water democrats...

downtown%20(1).jpeg
SC is fine- and you still pay too much in taxes and fees because of GOP policy EVERYWHERE. And not enough investment in infrastructure and training education. Jeebus you're nutty.

Forum List

Back