Federalization of the States

It seems that your having difficulty that Texas is home to the most minimum wage workers.
More than 450,000 Texas workers make minimum wage, the most of any state. Texas, like most states, sets its minimum at the same level as the federal minimum wage — currently $7.25 an hour.
Minimum wage boost could help Texans — or hurt | Dallas Morning News

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

Replacing those USFG contracts is going to be mighty tough.

You will win a civil war and an occupied Texas.

Popcorn eating fun for the whole family.
So? Are you saying minimum wage workers are incapable of self rule? I disagree with that notion. Texas is also the second largest state in population, 26 million, so it's going to be at or near the top in number of anything. That 450k number is only 2% of the population, or about 3.5% of the workforce. The bottom 3.5% get minimum wage. I'm surprised the percentage is that low.

You still are not understanding the concept of net. Even if the Republic of Texas government decides to pick up (I.e. contract the current contractors to make systems for Texas), and pays the exact same amount the USFG is currently paying, Texas as a whole would still be 50 billion dollars a year richer than currently.
You can buy a whole mess of popcorn with that.

The whole purpose of the Founders was to form a confederation of states with each having its own supremacy.

Federalization initiated by and pushed from liberals and progressive is trying to destroy the rights of the various states.

More and more Americans are waking up to this and the lashback will be impresive.
Federalists exist in both parties. Some elements in the democrat and republican parties want federalism to achieve a marxist society, see no child left behind, obama care, and other similar issues. Other elements in the democrat and republican parties want federalism to achieve domestic and global power, see the unpatriotic act, DHS, war on drugs, war on that which we fear (aka terrorism). Still other democrats and republicans want their morals to be forced on the states through federalism, see abortion, sharia, marriage, etc. issue.

So I don't see this is as a left or right thing I see this as a liberty or authority through federalism thing.

Every military base, every defense contractor, every dollar for education and medical.............gone............like that.

Make sure you have your paperwork in order at the border!
Of course, by the USFG, but no doubt the Republic of Texas would, as a sovereign nation, replace some or all of them. It is still a net win of 50 billion a year for Texas.

It seems you're having difficulty with the concept of net. Of course Texas as a whole would lose USFG funding, though not necessarily USFG contracts to produce weapons, or certainly not necessarily all of them. However, this would more than be made up by the elimination of USFG taxes. The difference, as I've pointed out, is 50 billion a year. Even if Texas decides to replace every single USFG program currently in place with one of their own, the state would still be 50 billion a year richer. It's unlikely that Texas would repeat all of the mistakes of the USFG, so that's even more savings.

So, larger population than many successful countries, GDP that would put it in the top 30 in the world, natural resources, and access to the oceans. Texas would make a great country. Not a superpower like the US or China, of course, but who wants that sort of expense and headache anyway?

It seems that your having difficulty that Texas is home to the most minimum wage workers.
More than 450,000 Texas workers make minimum wage, the most of any state. Texas, like most states, sets its minimum at the same level as the federal minimum wage — currently $7.25 an hour.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

The cost of living in Texas is very low. Texas has a TON of immigrants. Our teens work part time because job are a plenty here. There are tons of people in Texas 450k is a drop in the bucket. These are the reasons there is a lot of minimum wage jobs. Course the democrats want to end those jobs, no surprise.

Every military base, every defense contractor, every dollar for education and medical.............gone............like that.

Of course, by the USFG, but no doubt the Republic of Texas would, as a sovereign nation, replace some or all of them. It is still a net win of 50 billion a year for Texas.

It seems you're having difficulty with the concept of net. Of course Texas as a whole would lose USFG funding, though not necessarily USFG contracts to produce weapons, or certainly not necessarily all of them. However, this would more than be made up by the elimination of USFG taxes. The difference, as I've pointed out, is 50 billion a year. Even if Texas decides to replace every single USFG program currently in place with one of their own, the state would still be 50 billion a year richer. It's unlikely that Texas would repeat all of the mistakes of the USFG, so that's even more savings.

So, larger population than many successful countries, GDP that would put it in the top 30 in the world, natural resources, and access to the oceans. Texas would make a great country. Not a superpower like the US or China, of course, but who wants that sort of expense and headache anyway?

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

The cost of living in Texas is very low. Texas has a TON of immigrants. Our teens work part time because job are a plenty here. These are the reasons there is a lot of minimum wage jobs. Course the democrats want to end those jobs, no surprise.

I'm not a Dem. I don't know of any Dems that want to end jobs.

The term is Balkanization. This is what the radicals want, a breakdown of the greatest social contract ever devised in human history.

That "greatest social contract ever devised" ship sailed years ago.
This country is finished.

As far as balkanization, when it happens here we'll make them look like kids on a playground.
Bosnia is apparently your dream of Utopia.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

The cost of living in Texas is very low. Texas has a TON of immigrants. Our teens work part time because job are a plenty here. These are the reasons there is a lot of minimum wage jobs. Course the democrats want to end those jobs, no surprise.

Raising minimum wage results in less jobs. Raising minimum wage is a party plank of the democrats.

Raising minimum benefits results in less jobs. ACA forced many corporations to lay employees off. ACA was driven by the democrats.

Welfare, Disability, federally funded extensions to Unemployment Insurance, federally mandated early retirement systems like federal pensions and SS, enable people to not work and/or only have to work for 30-35years. People live a lot longer than that these days. Not working ends jobs when those people succumb to the offer to quit. Not having to work and still being able to survive just fine, is a fundamental party plank of the democrats.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

So? Are you saying minimum wage workers are incapable of self rule? I disagree with that notion. Texas is also the second largest state in population, 26 million, so it's going to be at or near the top in number of anything. That 450k number is only 2% of the population, or about 3.5% of the workforce. The bottom 3.5% get minimum wage. I'm surprised the percentage is that low.

You still are not understanding the concept of net. Even if the Republic of Texas government decides to pick up (I.e. contract the current contractors to make systems for Texas), and pays the exact same amount the USFG is currently paying, Texas as a whole would still be 50 billion dollars a year richer than currently.

It isn't a question of not understanding it. I flat out do not think net is relevant.

Texas cannot subsidize those workers alone. You have piss poor social services now and you will have to rebuild that.

Your entire plan is contingent upon other states. I maintain my stance that 1/3 of your economy will collapse with the removal of federal cash, bases and those contracts. You fail to grasp that once you become your own kingdom that there is no friendship with the federal government. Temporary alliances but you would be sovereign. You make your own treaties and trade with other nations? Until you open your border to nation-states that are not on the US list of temporary useful nation-states and then you are a risk. Make sure that you have your paperwork at the border.

And when you do operate without taking into consideration all of those little details, you will create groups of people that will be disenfranchised enough that they are open to rebellion and a good old fashioned coup d' etat. As a sovereign nation you will not be immune to that.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

Attracting businesses that pay only low wages.........in fact, making it a point to attract businesses that can get away with paying low wages creates those types of job situations.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

Attracting businesses that pay only low wages.........in fact, making it a point to attract businesses that can get away with paying low wages creates those types of job situations.

What do you mean by situation? Since when is being a bank teller, or grocery bagger a "situation?"

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

Raising minimum wage results in less jobs. Raising minimum wage is a party plank of the democrats.

Raising minimum benefits results in less jobs. ACA forced many corporations to lay employees off. ACA was driven by the democrats.

Welfare, Disability, federally funded extensions to Unemployment Insurance, federally mandated early retirement systems like federal pensions and SS, enable people to not work and/or only have to work for 30-35years. People live a lot longer than that these days. Not working ends jobs when those people succumb to the offer to quit. Not having to work and still being able to survive just fine, is a fundamental party plank of the democrats.

Enjoy that in Texas.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

What do you mean by situation? Since when is being a bank teller, or grocery bagger a "situation?"

Jobs that are subsidized via tax payers.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

Enjoy that in Texas.

Texas is doing great thanks. Oh and none of my teen age kids ever had to work for minimum wage here, they all started out at around 9/hr for A/C jobs and 12-15/hr for non A/C labor work, this when they were in high school.

What if "the American pie" would be divided?
Try to imagine some situation. Imagine that some states or groups of states of America want to break away and become independent. There is the United States map has long entered in the free market, on which instead of the traditional 50 states across the country have identified a number of new independent states: California states, Central North American Republic, Atlantic America and the Republic of Texas.
One of the largest and most economically developed states - Texas, - most is subject of this separation. There is no economic problem in oiled Texas. Moreover, they pay the highest taxes. So, Texas feeds almost all of America. And the current mess at the border adds fuel to the fire.
Another state, which, according to experts, may leave the United States, it is sunny California. They are also sufficiently economically independent. After all, they are the concentration of high technologies.
And Alaska. This state is far away from the country. And Alaska may to join Canada. Or even go back to Russia...
How do you think, may this scenario came true?

A really stupid idea for all kinds of reasons. But it is the kind of pop culture nonsense that permeates public forums.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

What tax payer subsidized jobs pay minimum wage?

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

It isn't a question of not understanding it. I flat out do not think net is relevant.

Texas cannot subsidize those workers alone. You have piss poor social services now and you will have to rebuild that.

Your entire plan is contingent upon other states. I maintain my stance that 1/3 of your economy will collapse with the removal of federal cash, bases and those contracts. You fail to grasp that once you become your own kingdom that there is no friendship with the federal government. Temporary alliances but you would be sovereign. You make your own treaties and trade with other nations? Until you open your border to nation-states that are not on the US list of temporary useful nation-states and then you are a risk. Make sure that you have your paperwork at the border.

And when you do operate without taking into consideration all of those little details, you will create groups of people that will be disenfranchised enough that they are open to rebellion and a good old fashioned coup d' etat. As a sovereign nation you will not be immune to that.

utter nonsense...you're well indoctrinated, though.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

utter nonsense...you're well indoctrinated, though.

I just want to make sure that I heard you correctly. You said, "I didn't think about that and I don't want anyone else to think about that either."

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

What tax payer subsidized jobs pay minimum wage?

All of them since corporations get tax subsidies courtesy of US taxpayers. There isn't one US or multi national corporation that pays anything anywhere near the corporate tax rate.

Forum List

Back