Federalization of the States

Every military base, every defense contractor, every dollar for education and medical.............gone............like that.

Make sure you have your paperwork in order at the border!
Of course, by the USFG, but no doubt the Republic of Texas would, as a sovereign nation, replace some or all of them. It is still a net win of 50 billion a year for Texas.

It seems you're having difficulty with the concept of net. Of course Texas as a whole would lose USFG funding, though not necessarily USFG contracts to produce weapons, or certainly not necessarily all of them. However, this would more than be made up by the elimination of USFG taxes. The difference, as I've pointed out, is 50 billion a year. Even if Texas decides to replace every single USFG program currently in place with one of their own, the state would still be 50 billion a year richer. It's unlikely that Texas would repeat all of the mistakes of the USFG, so that's even more savings.

So, larger population than many successful countries, GDP that would put it in the top 30 in the world, natural resources, and access to the oceans. Texas would make a great country. Not a superpower like the US or China, of course, but who wants that sort of expense and headache anyway?

It seems that your having difficulty that Texas is home to the most minimum wage workers.
More than 450,000 Texas workers make minimum wage, the most of any state. Texas, like most states, sets its minimum at the same level as the federal minimum wage — currently $7.25 an hour.
Minimum wage boost could help Texans — or hurt | Dallas Morning News

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

Replacing those USFG contracts is going to be mighty tough.

You will win a civil war and an occupied Texas.

Popcorn eating fun for the whole family.

The cost of living in Texas is very low. Texas has a TON of immigrants. Our teens work part time because job are a plenty here. These are the reasons there is a lot of minimum wage jobs. Course the democrats want to end those jobs, no surprise.

I'm not a Dem. I don't know of any Dems that want to end jobs.

Attracting businesses that pay only low wages.........in fact, making it a point to attract businesses that can get away with paying low wages creates those types of job situations.

What do you mean by situation? Since when is being a bank teller, or grocery bagger a "situation?"

Jobs that are subsidized via tax payers.

What tax payer subsidized jobs pay minimum wage?

All of them since corporations get tax subsidies courtesy of US taxpayers. There isn't one US or multi national corporation that pays anything anywhere near the corporate tax rate.
You say all of them.. Name one US corporation that does not pay the corporate tax rate. Name one US corporation that receives a tax subsidy with wage rules that is not implementing the wage rules placed on the subsidy.

Every military base, every defense contractor, every dollar for education and medical.............gone............like that.

Of course, by the USFG, but no doubt the Republic of Texas would, as a sovereign nation, replace some or all of them. It is still a net win of 50 billion a year for Texas.

It seems you're having difficulty with the concept of net. Of course Texas as a whole would lose USFG funding, though not necessarily USFG contracts to produce weapons, or certainly not necessarily all of them. However, this would more than be made up by the elimination of USFG taxes. The difference, as I've pointed out, is 50 billion a year. Even if Texas decides to replace every single USFG program currently in place with one of their own, the state would still be 50 billion a year richer. It's unlikely that Texas would repeat all of the mistakes of the USFG, so that's even more savings.

So, larger population than many successful countries, GDP that would put it in the top 30 in the world, natural resources, and access to the oceans. Texas would make a great country. Not a superpower like the US or China, of course, but who wants that sort of expense and headache anyway?

It seems that your having difficulty that Texas is home to the most minimum wage workers.
More than 450,000 Texas workers make minimum wage, the most of any state. Texas, like most states, sets its minimum at the same level as the federal minimum wage — currently $7.25 an hour.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

The cost of living in Texas is very low. Texas has a TON of immigrants. Our teens work part time because job are a plenty here. These are the reasons there is a lot of minimum wage jobs. Course the democrats want to end those jobs, no surprise.

Attracting businesses that pay only low wages.........in fact, making it a point to attract businesses that can get away with paying low wages creates those types of job situations.

What do you mean by situation? Since when is being a bank teller, or grocery bagger a "situation?"

All of them since corporations get tax subsidies courtesy of US taxpayers. There isn't one US or multi national corporation that pays anything anywhere near the corporate tax rate.
Name one US corporation that does not pay the corporate tax rate.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

Name even one who does.

RKMBrown said:

Name even one who does.

"Merck, the second largest pharmaceutical company in the U.S., actually had a negative effective tax rate of 7.5% during the second quarter, which means it got a tax credit."

The corporate tax rate for ZERO PROFIT is 0%. In summary, corporations do not pay taxes on revenue, they pay taxes on profit.

If I buy a car for 10k and sell it for 9k, my revenue is 9k, my cost is 10k. My profit is negative 1k. I lost money. Libs would have the car dealership pay corporate taxes on the 9k. Libs don't understand how businesses work. Libs think profits are evil. Then they bitch about corporations not paying taxes when they don't have profit. Libs.. what ya gonna do?

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

So? Are you saying minimum wage workers are incapable of self rule? I disagree with that notion. Texas is also the second largest state in population, 26 million, so it's going to be at or near the top in number of anything. That 450k number is only 2% of the population, or about 3.5% of the workforce. The bottom 3.5% get minimum wage. I'm surprised the percentage is that low.

You still are not understanding the concept of net. Even if the Republic of Texas government decides to pick up (I.e. contract the current contractors to make systems for Texas), and pays the exact same amount the USFG is currently paying, Texas as a whole would still be 50 billion dollars a year richer than currently.
You can buy a whole mess of popcorn with that.

It isn't a question of not understanding it. I flat out do not think net is relevant.

Texas cannot subsidize those workers alone. You have piss poor social services now and you will have to rebuild that.

Your entire plan is contingent upon other states. I maintain my stance that 1/3 of your economy will collapse with the removal of federal cash, bases and those contracts. You fail to grasp that once you become your own kingdom that there is no friendship with the federal government. Temporary alliances but you would be sovereign. You make your own treaties and trade with other nations? Until you open your border to nation-states that are not on the US list of temporary useful nation-states and then you are a risk. Make sure that you have your paperwork at the border.

And when you do operate without taking into consideration all of those little details, you will create groups of people that will be disenfranchised enough that they are open to rebellion and a good old fashioned coup d' etat. As a sovereign nation you will not be immune to that.

utter nonsense...you're well indoctrinated, though.

I just want to make sure that I heard you correctly. You said, "I didn't think about that and I don't want anyone else to think about that either."

You make ridiculous declarations and assumptions that you can't prove or are unrealistic and then pose them as facts.

According to your theory, The united states doesn't exist because if we separated from england we wouldn't be able to survive and they'd never talk to us again and we wouldn't have an infrastructure and there would be no jobs ....blah...blah...
In fact, according to your theory, NO nations exist because they couldn't survive without their original leadership...Silly..

Why do you oppose people struggling for freedom and independence from oppression?

Remember;
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Were the colonists "patriots" or "traitors"?

Beyond idle speculation......none what so ever.

Then I am quite within purpose to state that unlike the comment I responded to, I believe Alaska would at least attempt to be sovereign as Texas would. It is certain we would not rejoin Russia. Canada has at least some plausibility by location, but most of us Alaskan's enjoy our freedom. We would lose some pavement, but most of us lifers are alright with dirt roads. The biggest benefit, I think, would be shaking up/out the big three and possibly getting some of the other interested drillers up on the slope. *shrug* Idle speculation.

The whole thing is pointless. You would not have those defense contracts when it was done and over with. For as much trash that is talked by the state governments in regard to the federal government, Texas, and the people living there, are in fact highly dependent on the federal government.
They are dependent on a federal government, but not necessarily this one. Do you actually think that a republic of southern states wouldn't have defense contracts?

RKMBrown said:

Name even one who does.

"Merck, the second largest pharmaceutical company in the U.S., actually had a negative effective tax rate of 7.5% during the second quarter, which means it got a tax credit."

The corporate tax rate for ZERO PROFIT is 0%. In summary, corporations do not pay taxes on revenue, they pay taxes on profit.

If I buy a car for 10k and sell it for 9k, my revenue is 9k, my cost is 10k. My profit is negative 1k. I lost money. Libs would have the car dealership pay corporate taxes on the 9k. Libs don't understand how businesses work. Libs think profits are evil. Then they bitch about corporations not paying taxes when they don't have profit. Libs.. what ya gonna do?

You still haven't named a corporation that payed anything like the corporate tax rate on profits.

RKMBrown said:

Name even one who does.

You still haven't named a corporation that payed anything like the corporate tax rate on profits.
Not sure what your dysfunction is. What do you think the corporate tax rate is on zero profit?

Taxable Income ($)Tax Rate[27]
0 to 50,00015%
50,000 to 75,000$7,500 + 25% Of the amount over 50,000
75,000 to 100,000$13,750 + 34% Of the amount over 75,000
100,000 to 335,000$22,250 + 39% Of the amount over 100,000
335,000 to 10,000,000$113,900 + 34% Of the amount over 335,000
10,000,000 to 15,000,000$3,400,000 + 35% Of the amount over 10,000,000
15,000,000 to 18,333,333$5,150,000 + 38% Of the amount over 15,000,000
18,333,333 and up35%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

What is zero times 15%? Zero correct?

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

Raising minimum wage results in less jobs. Raising minimum wage is a party plank of the democrats.

Raising minimum benefits results in less jobs. ACA forced many corporations to lay employees off. ACA was driven by the democrats.

Welfare, Disability, federally funded extensions to Unemployment Insurance, federally mandated early retirement systems like federal pensions and SS, enable people to not work and/or only have to work for 30-35years. People live a lot longer than that these days. Not working ends jobs when those people succumb to the offer to quit. Not having to work and still being able to survive just fine, is a fundamental party plank of the democrats.

Enjoy that in Texas.

Texas is doing great thanks. Oh and none of my teen age kids ever had to work for minimum wage here, they all started out at around 9/hr for A/C jobs and 12-15/hr for non A/C labor work, this when they were in high school.

I know how Texas is doing. Thanks. I still have family there. Thanks.

So, we can pretend that has no problems and none of this presents an issue. Watching that implode will be even more fun.

RKMBrown said:

Name even one who does.

Not sure what your dysfunction is. What do you think the corporate tax rate is for zero profit?

My dysfunction evidently goes hand in hand with your superficial explanations.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

The minimum wage ones. The ones that require state aid in order to survive.

Were the colonists "patriots" or "traitors"?
Some were both depending on perspective. Some were neither and sat on the sidelines making pithy comments.

all it took was a dedicated 3% to throw the best equipped army in the world at the time out of america.

Don't think for a minute that the u.s. is eternal and will (geographically) always be the way it is now.
History says otherwise.

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

Raising minimum wage results in less jobs. Raising minimum wage is a party plank of the democrats.

Raising minimum benefits results in less jobs. ACA forced many corporations to lay employees off. ACA was driven by the democrats.

Welfare, Disability, federally funded extensions to Unemployment Insurance, federally mandated early retirement systems like federal pensions and SS, enable people to not work and/or only have to work for 30-35years. People live a lot longer than that these days. Not working ends jobs when those people succumb to the offer to quit. Not having to work and still being able to survive just fine, is a fundamental party plank of the democrats.

Enjoy that in Texas.

Texas is doing great thanks. Oh and none of my teen age kids ever had to work for minimum wage here, they all started out at around 9/hr for A/C jobs and 12-15/hr for non A/C labor work, this when they were in high school.

I know how Texas is doing. Thanks. I still have family there. Thanks.

So, we can pretend that has no problems and none of this presents an issue. Watching that implode will be even more fun.
Why did you just wish your family ill will? Or did you word that wrong?

Don't look at Oklahoma.
Oklahoma Tribal Maps

The minimum wage ones. The ones that require state aid in order to survive.
Name one.

Forum List

Back